I seriously doubt that's Alizée

brad
12-19-2006, 12:37 AM
I seriously doubt that's Alizée

that is her ...

HibyPrime
12-19-2006, 12:39 AM
that is her ...

Really? It looks/sounds nothing like her..

I think I need glasses..

brad
12-19-2006, 12:41 AM
i think it looks just like her .. she is probably only 12 or 13 there though. i bet RMJ knows exactly how old she is there :)

that video is great quality btw .. i have never seen this one

Twitch
12-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks Gatchaman, I hadn't seen that one either. A while back I had been in a thread where people commented that the "papillon" video was their favourite, but all the links were broken, or the videos removed from the sites, by the time I got to them. I can now see why they liked it so much. And it looks and sounds just like her in all of the other videos of her at that age. So how long before someone posts a link for the full quality version that was uploaded to youtube? :)

CFHollister
12-19-2006, 01:32 AM
I've seen quite a few of these early videos of Alizee that must have been in this same theatre in Ajaccio (including one where she in playing Dorothy in an adaptation of The Wizard of Oz). I think they were on YouTube, but unfortunately I lost all of the links. In any case, although I've been told it's Alizee (and as Twitch pointed out, she looks very similar in videos from teh same period) it doesn't look much like her to me either, which is partially to blame on th video quality. To me, she doesn't really start looking like herself, at least in videos (photos are a little different), until the Gourmandises days. What gets me about these early performances is that she doesn't seem to smile very much. I don't know if she's nervous or what, but we don't get to see that lovely Alizee face light up, which makes it harder to recognize the Alizee we all know.

Seapaddler
12-19-2006, 02:19 AM
They were posted on a website where you could download the originals but they have long since been taken off.

aFrenchie
12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Yes it's her. Here are some more at the same era:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9s6r_alizeeenfantjimmy
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9s18_alizeeenfant
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9rpy_alizeeenfant
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9rva_alizeeenfant-2

CFHollister
12-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks aFrenchie, I probably would have never found those again on my own.

RMJ
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
The videos are from between 1995 and 1999. Exact years I'm not 100% sure...

Except the Wizard of Oz is pretty surely from 1997. Since L'école de danse de Monique Mufraggi's history page says they played Un drôle de magicien d'Oz that year. So, it would be safe to say that it's from that year.

"1ere chanson" (no idea if it has better name...) is from the same year. That's quite sure. (same hairdo, same dress...)

Jimmy, Rockcollection, Summertime and Lola is most likely from different year. First clue their different year is the dramatic change in her hair style. Another trace is change in stage.

She did appear in 1999, too, when they played Spanish musicals. There is photo(s) from that year (100% sure) and her hair style is again different than in Lola for example. So... those few that I'm not sure might be actually from 1998 !

She did appear 1996 and 1995 too most likely. There is some photos that states being from those years. But well... Again,not sure... But hair style in those photo again differs from Lola.

Snatcher prolly has his own view into this so lets hear that first before doing final decisions. :p

But I can later put some references up (not now.. I'm going out to eat !).

aFrenchie
12-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Since L'école de danse de Monique Mufraggi's history page says they played Un drôle de magicien d'Oz that year.
Here's the link btw, with a photo and a small note about Alizée in the school on the front page:
http://www.ecole-du-spectacle.com/

Ben
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Snatcher prolly has his own view into this so lets hear that first before doing final decisions. :p
I'm not sure of all the dates either, and have just labeled the files "1995-1999". Nothing to add to their investigation other than yeah, 'A credit et en stéréo' and '1ere chanson' are definitly the same show as they're both scenes from The Wizard of Oz. A better name for '1ere chanson' could be 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road' since that's the song she's singing.

RMJ
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Yea. :)

And here's one of those photos from the Spanish theme from 1999:
http://www.ecole-du-spectacle.com/photos/ecole/photo_espgn99.jpg

It's cropped tho... actually, not cropped... just tiny... :blink: (well, ok, it's cropped but the better photo is cropped same way too)

Ben
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
BTW, in the course of discussing these clips on alizee-forum, I uploaded all of the ones that I have. So might as well share that link here too:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5HCRWO43

atra201
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
ummmmmmm Alizee was that you?
I can keep a secret.

Seapaddler
12-20-2006, 10:46 AM
these clips need to be run through a normalizer, they're volume and peak caused my ears to bleed

Edit: huh, turns out my audio drivers are screwed. They go beserk with almost every dvd and video now.

Matrix
12-21-2006, 12:38 AM
This is an awesome video. She looks devastating in this video! That's her, I recognized her voice right away. First time I've seen it, good find

I've seen the wizard of oz videos of her on Daily Motion

This is a sexy video of her, it's tight! She is so seductive, she needs to do a belly dance video, lol

merci :)

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 01:20 AM
In the first video that was posted was she singing material girl in french? it sounds just like it.

aFrenchie
12-21-2006, 07:06 AM
In the first video that was posted was she singing material girl in french? it sounds just like it.
The first link posted by Gatchaman is yet another song by France Gall, "Papillon de Nuit"

Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZ1mF-82Ls

Lyrics:
PAPILLON DE NUIT
(France Gall)

Comme une étoile amarante
Comme un papillon de nuit
C'est la lumière qui m'attire
La Flamme qui m'éblouit
Je sens mon corps qui chavire
La chaleur qui m'envahit
Et mon désir qui me brûle
Qui va consumer ma vie
Comme un papillon de ...
Comme un papillon de ...

J'oublie le temps qui me reste
Attirée par l'infini
Je sens mon corps qui dérive
Ma raison qui s'engourdit
Et cette lumière qui me brûle
C'est elle dont j'ai envie
Comme un papillon de ...
Comme un papillon de ...

Où ça commence
Où ça finit
Où la vie me conduit
Quelle importance
J'ai le cœur immense
Et le monde est petit
Ce qui compte, c'est d'avoir envie

Je vole au dessus des ombres
Des fantômes tristes et gris
S'il faut se noyer, se fondre
Dans le silence et l'oubli
Pour le bonheur d'une seconde
Je préfère payer le prix
Comme un papillon de ...
Comme un papillon de ...

Où ça commence
Où ça finit
Où la vie me conduit
Ou bien tu m'aimes
Ou tu m'oublies
Ou bien tu me suis
Ce qui compte, c'est d'avoir envie

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Thanks afrenchie :)

Ben
12-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Forgot one vid in my last post. Here it is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LXC6C5AW

Cooney
12-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Here's a quick translation for "Papillon de Nuit," for anybody interested. Might be a couple corrections that need to be made, but I think I've got most of it. These lyrics weren't nearly so tough as most of Alizée's songs.

(She only sings the first three verses in this performance).

Like an everlasting star, (1)
Like a moth of the night, (2)
It's the light that draws me,
The Flame that dazzles me.
I feel that my body is overwhelmed,
The heat that overcomes me,
And my desire that burns me,
Is what consumes my life.
Like a moth of...
Like a moth of...
Like a moth of the night.

Like an everlasting star,
Like a moth of the night,
I forget the time that I have left,
Drawn in by the inifinite.
I feel that my body drifts,
My reason is numbed,
And that light that burns me,
It's that which I desire.
Like a moth of...
Like a moth of...

Where does it start?
Where does it end?
Where is life taking me?
What does it matter?
I have a huge heart,
And the world is small,
What counts is having desire.

Like an everlasting star,
Like a moth of the night,
I fly beneath the shadows,
Of those sad, grey ghosts.
If I have to drown myself, melt myself,
In the silence and the oblivion,
For the happiness of a single second
I would rather pay that price.
Like a moth of...
Like a moth of...

Where does it start?
Where does it end?
Where is life taking me?
Whether you love me,
Or you forget me,
Or if you follow me,
What counts is having desire.

1) "Amarante" translates to "Amaranthine," which generally means a flower of the Amaranth family, but also means "everlasting"
2) Papillon is usually butterfly, but also can be moth. I went with moth, due to the American expression of "like moths to a flame."

garçoncanadien
12-24-2006, 04:35 AM
"like moths to a flame"

might I ask what does that mean

CFHollister
12-24-2006, 04:49 AM

It's an english expression that refers to how moths (like many nocternal insects) are drawn to sources of light by intinct, even an open flame which will kill then when they fly into it. The expression means to be drawn compulsively towards something even if it may lead to one's own destruction. However, the expression isn't always used in it's most grave connotation. More casually, it can just mean to be drawn toward something as if (or actually) by some strong internal force, instinct, or passion.

Cooney
12-24-2006, 05:00 AM

Certainly.

Moths are known to be attracted to lit candles (and other flickering lights) at night. They will flutter ceaselessly around a candle or fire, to the point that they will sometimes fly straight in to the flames and destroy themselves. To say somebody is attracted like a moth to a flame is to say they are irresistably drawn to something, even to their own detriment.

For example, one could say children are drawn to a candy store like moths to a flame, or that Alizée walking down the street would draw a fan like a moth to a flame :-)

The fact that papillon means both Butterfly and Moth means the translation loses some of the imagery (I think, and the video bears this out, she was thinking more along the lines of "butterfly" for herself), but butterflies don't demonstrate this self-destructive behavior, so I had to use Moth for it to retain the analogy.

----------------
edit
D'oh! Hollister beat me to it :-P

aFrenchie
12-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm not sure about these two lines:
- "I forget the times when I remained,". For me in the original French, she means "I forget the time I have left"
- "What that adds up to,". "Ce qui compte" means "what has an importance", maybe also "what counts", word for word?
But maybe you just used English expressions that I don't know and that are a correct translation...

You got this one wrong though:
"They have to drown themselves, melt themselves,"
"S'il faut se noyer, se fondre"
I know the verb "falloir" must be a pain for foreigners since you have no equivalent, and it conjugates only with "il" ("it"). You can say "il faut que", never "je faux que", or "tu faux que", etc... It means that the subject following "que" must/has to/would rather do what follows.
"Il faut que je parte travailler" : "I have to go to work"
It's more general and contextual when it's followed by an infinitive verb, like in this song. But you still can vary like you want in English. Here, you could translate:
"If you(or I) have to drown your(my)self, melt your(my)self,
I would rather pay the price"

Hint, I think that you can often understand "il faut que" like "it's needed that" or "it's required that"

EDIT: "falloir" at Wiktionnaire:
http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/falloir

aFrenchie
12-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Cooney, you probably missed my reply above. I'm sure you should have some words to debate about it :)

Cooney
12-28-2006, 04:56 AM
D'oh! I had missed the reply!

The translation was a very quick one that I did before leaving for work, and I'll readily admit parts weren't right :-) I don't have any debate for those corrections either, merely my thanks for pointing them out! I'll get them inserted in the original.

I'm not sure about these two lines:
- "I forget the times when I remained,". For me in the original French, she means "I forget the time I have left"

That works much better. I applied the verb "rester" to "je" rather than to "les temps," and couldn't quite figure out why it sounded so wierd. That explains it much better (I hadn't heard "me reste" as "remaining to me" (that I have left) before).

- "What that adds up to,". "Ce qui compte" means "what has an importance", maybe also "what counts", word for word?
But maybe you just used English expressions that I don't know and that are a correct translation...

What I said had different meaning, and yours is certainly better. "Compte" being a mathematical term, I tried to go that way, but I used the wrong American phrase. Would the literal translation of "Ce qui compte" be "That which adds together?" I've tried translating "compte" before, and have never been able to satisfactorily do so (clearly, I still need work! :-P). It seems like maybe an idiomatic expression? The new meaning you provide can be expressed in English as "What counts is having desire" or as "What matters is to have desire." The second is more standard, but the first will retain the literal meaning more closely.

You got this one wrong though:
"They have to drown themselves, melt themselves,"
"S'il faut se noyer, se fondre"
I know the verb "falloir" must be a pain for foreigners since you have no equivalent, and it conjugates only with "il" ("it"). You can say "il faut que", never "je faux que", or "tu faux que", etc... It means that the subject following "que" must/has to/would rather do what follows.
"Il faut que je parte travailler" : "I have to go to work"
It's more general and contextual when it's followed by an infinitive verb, like in this song. But you still can vary like you want in English. Here, you could translate:
"If you(or I) have to drown your(my)self, melt your(my)self,
I would rather pay the price"

Ahh, "il faut," yes, I should have known this one and didn't. I saw the "se" reflexive and immediately thought it was third person, forgetting that with "il faut," one can use "se" and still be in the first person.

Thanks for the help!

loveherfromusa
12-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Have these, but thanks for the new copies. I'm always hoping they are better than the ones I have.

JCC
03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Another video of alizee before she was famous....adding it to this thread.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbL4r5VkYKk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbL4r5VkYKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

CFHollister
03-24-2007, 12:56 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbL4r5VkYKk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbL4r5VkYKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is frickin' awsome! Instantly my favorite of these young Alizée videos:cool: In most we don't get to see her smile much or really give much indication that's she's having a good time... in this one we do and it's awsome. I this this that hairstyle on her is a bit funky [shrug].

JCC
03-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Ya, its pretty good! Even though its pretty short, she looks like she's having a blast. A guy at the end even sneaks in little kiss on Alizee's cheek...lucky bastard!

Joey_adore_Jung
05-26-2007, 03:29 PM
wow i've never seen that first video either and i have never heard her sing like that i saw she looks like her not exactly the sound though.

CFHollister
05-26-2007, 03:53 PM
wow i've never seen that first video either and i have never heard her sing like that i saw she looks like her not exactly the sound though.

Yeah, its apparent that Mylène worked with her quite a bit on her voice. Am sure the people that actually know something about singing and voice training will be able to correct me on this stuff.But, her younger voice seems to have a natural uncontrolled power behind it which she takes the "edge" off of later, making her voice a bit softer, IMO.

Drake498
05-26-2007, 06:08 PM
"This video is no longer availiabe."
:( :(

Joey_adore_Jung
05-26-2007, 07:04 PM

pity me and drake we never got to see ^ this video it says it is not available!! :(:(

i am talking about the right video right? Drake?

Drake498
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
^yea :(, can someone post it again?

Joey_adore_Jung
05-26-2007, 07:12 PM
sorry drake the video was deleted from youtube so will have to find it on other site i already tried finding it i wonder if JCC can find another one.

Ernest
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice video i've never seen that video before but this video is not available . . .anyone have it . . . thanks

CFHollister
05-28-2007, 02:34 AM
Nice video i've never seen that video before but this video is not available . . .anyone have it . . . thanks

It's included in Part 1 (the only completed part so far) of Homer's video history of Alizée. I'm not sure what the status of the availability of those files for download is at this time.:confused:

JCC
05-28-2007, 10:02 AM
It's included in Part 1 (the only completed part so far) of Homer's video history of Alizée. I'm not sure what the status of the availability of those files for download is at this time.:confused:

I forgot how to get Homer's videos....is there a link available somewhere? I looked on the alizee-forum, but didn't see it. I remember it being a huge DL. I wish it were avail on DVD already...

And DAMN UTube! They took that vid of her dancing away!! it was one of my FAVORITES!

Ernest
05-28-2007, 03:55 PM
We ask homer the links if this is still exist . . . its nice to see the young Alizee while she perform . . . I noticed her dance step is not change until now . . . her sexy move That I always expected . . .

Joey_adore_Jung
06-24-2007, 12:11 AM
i honestly have to say that video was awesome great to watch again, and again.