PDA

View Full Version : full screen videos

brad
12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
i added a link below all of the videos so you can view them in full screen, you could always do this .. i have just made it easier to watch them that way if you want to.

example: full screen (http://moi-alizee.us/v/play.swf?theFile=http://moi-alizee.us/media/Sfaction-Club-Mix.flv&theVolume=50&startPlayingOnload=yes&popUpHelp=no&videoSmoothing=yes)

some of the videos are a lot better quality than others, i am going to work on improving the videos that didn't turn out as good as some others.

Sir Wood
12-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Nice. This'll help until my DVD gets delivered in Feb. '07!

rwd716
12-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Whaaa? You talkin about "En Concert"?

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks Brad :)

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Would you believe that my video card can't render the full screen video at a decent frame-rate? (i.e. looks like shit)

That's what I get for using a 5 year old video card..

Sir Wood
12-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Whaaa? You talkin about "En Concert"?
Yup, En Concert, 5-8 weeks to ship from Amazon US. :mad:

Would you believe that my video card can't render the full screen video at a decent frame-rate? (i.e. looks like shit)

Mine too, but I still appreciate seeing Lili in a larger format. (Just sit a little further away from the monitor.) :p

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 12:54 AM

How much memory does your card have?

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 12:56 AM
GeForce 4 MX, 32MB.

My laptop has an x1600 mobility with 128MB ram, so I'm fine :)

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 12:58 AM
GeForce 4 MX, 32MB.

My laptop has an x1600 mobility with 128MB ram, so I'm fine :)

I have a laptop with a geforce 4 32mb also and the frames are perfect i guess because i have 512mb ram.

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 01:05 AM
I have a laptop with a geforce 4 32mb also and the frames are perfect i guess because i have 512mg ram.

I have 2GB of ram..

TurinSZ
12-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I have 2GB of ram..

Thats alot awesome:)

brad
12-21-2006, 01:08 AM
the processor has more to do with these flv videos than anything .. flash works a little harder on the client side to keep the file sizes so small. your processor is probably lacking, or something is eating it up.

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 01:28 AM
the processor has more to do with these flv videos than anything .. flash works a little harder on the client side to keep the file sizes so small. your processor is probably lacking, or something is eating it up.

Dual 867 mhz G4s (released about the same time as the first 3.0ghz + pentium 4's), which are probably comparable to the first gen pentium d's or the late athlon XPs.

I looked that the CPU usage, safari is taking up ~110% cpu power while it's playing, since it's over 100% and below 200% I can only assume that the bottleneck is not in the CPU (nothing else is using over 1-2% of the cpu cycles).

Unless of course, safari is multi-threaded and the flash plugin isn't?

Edit: I have no idea how to explain this stuff in a language most people would understand, so I'm just writing it the only way I can, lol. I'm a terrible teacher..

RMJ
12-21-2006, 06:13 AM
I have a laptop with a geforce 4 32mb also and the frames are perfect i guess because i have 512mb ram.
Graphic card and it's memory size is irrelevant in this case (as long as it's enough to hold the frame in it's memory, so about 10MB is enough for all resolutions you might use).

It's CPU that can't handle the video if it lags on full screen. It's the decoding and scaling that eats the power.

For showing graphics, any card in thepast 10 years should do it's job fine, on resolution up to 2048x1536 (which takes at 24bit colors, 9MB).

In Hiby's case, it's most likely just bad decod or plugin that causes the problem. G4 should be able to run it full screen.

Cooney
12-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Mmmm, full-screen happiness. Thanks :-)

I just acquired the VCD version of Moi... Lolita today (UK "Enhanced" release) and grabbed the video off of it to my hard drive. I'm never going back. I hadn't realized how much of that music video I just couldn't see, and the details I missed, using the file I'd found on the net. Definitely Hi-Res, definitely full-screen worthy!

Wasn't it JPVA that people can't find a high-res of? The version they were using clips from in the sample video you posted in the OP look pretty darn high-res to me.

maareek
12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Yup, En Concert, 5-8 weeks to ship from Amazon US. :mad:

Took a day to ship to me from fnac.com. o_O

To Cooney:

I belive it was I'm Not Twenty people couldn't find a high-res of, but I'm not positive.

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Graphic card and it's memory size is irrelevant in this case (as long as it's enough to hold the frame in it's memory, so about 10MB is enough for all resolutions you might use).

It's CPU that can't handle the video if it lags on full screen. It's the decoding and scaling that eats the power.

For showing graphics, any card in thepast 10 years should do it's job fine, on resolution up to 2048x1536 (which takes at 24bit colors, 9MB).

In Hiby's case, it's most likely just bad decod or plugin that causes the problem. G4 should be able to run it full screen.

I shall try getting the new flash 9 player..

Edit: Works flawlessly now..

neoteny
12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
screw flash!!! i aint buying the software for it either!!!

HibyPrime
12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
screw flash!!! i aint buying the software for it either!!!

The player is free? lol

brad
12-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I shall try getting the new flash 9 player..

Edit: Works flawlessly now..

cool ... :)

neoteny
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
The player is free? lol

yes i know the player is free Hiby... i just downloaded it, but im talking something else.

RMJ
12-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I just acquired the VCD version of Moi... Lolita today (UK "Enhanced" release) and grabbed the video off of it to my hard drive. I'm never going back. I hadn't realized how much of that music video I just couldn't see, and the details I missed, using the file I'd found on the net. Definitely Hi-Res, definitely full-screen worthy!
The clip on VCD is rather low quality.

You should really download DVD quality version of it from Dandy's list for example. It will blow your mind.

See it yourself... On the left, the VCD clip from UK maxi single release of Moi...Lolita. And on the right, the best quality clip available. Both at their native resolution. Just imagine which one will look better on full screen. :blink:

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/5485/comparenm7.th.png (http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=comparenm7.png)

Wasn't it JPVA that people can't find a high-res of? The version they were using clips from in the sample video you posted in the OP look pretty darn high-res to me.
I'm Not Twenty is the only clip that does not have high quality version.

neoteny
12-21-2006, 02:40 PM
do you like cats...

RMJ
12-21-2006, 02:44 PM
do you like cats...

I :wub: cats !

Mon chat ! (dead one... (not in the photo of course... in it it's just sleeping...) )
http://3rdw.net/temp/bruno1.jpg

neoteny
12-21-2006, 02:52 PM
awwww...i just took this...shes tired...her name is Ireland