PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV Shows.

Shep
07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
What are some of your favorite TV shows?

Mine:

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis
Firefly (still seathing over it's cancelation)
Psych
Monk
Battlestar Galactica
The Dead Zone

brad
07-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Battlestar Galactica and Lost prolly the only two I watch.

Shep
07-10-2006, 10:04 AM
24 is the best show on tv.

Where else can you see a government agent torture a terrorist with a lamp cord to the nipples?

RadioactiveMan
07-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I like the Simpsons, My Name is Earl, and The Office. I love Air Farce, This Hour has 22 Minutes, the Rick Mercer Report, the Tournament, and Just For Laughs. The last ones were all created by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, so I don't know if any Americans are familiar with them.

NANAKI
09-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Smallville
Super Natural
and pretty much naything that is on if I am actually watching tv

nurvonic
09-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Late Show with David Letterman
Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
Chapelle's Show

hands down my top 5 favorites

RadioactiveMan
09-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Add Family Jewels to my list. It's a new show about Gene Simmons and his family.

Urb4n
09-13-2006, 01:54 AM
1. Anything on [Adult Swim] usually, except some of the more serious anime shows.
2. Southpark
3. Comedy Central Presents
4. The Colbert Report (John Stewart seems to just bash people.)
5. Mad TV
6. MXC

Nitro
09-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Family Guy
Daily Show
Colbert Report

and for sports, Hockey Night in Canada.

Spartan500
09-13-2006, 02:19 AM
that 70's show, scrubs, friends, formula d, the entourage, initial d, naruto, jackass, always sunny in philadelphia, psych, pinks

Gatchaman
09-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Lost
Entourage
Rome
The Office

bt_bird_90
09-13-2006, 05:06 AM
Battlestar Galactica - best show ever, even if you're not a SciFi fan, this deserves it's own greatness thread

SciFi shows - SG-1/Atlantis and now that stupid Eureka, but BsG had spoiled me and I can't even enjoy these anymore, I just watch them out of ritual with my dad

Entourage - watch it with my brother

Science Channel
Colbert Report
Conan
Family Guy
Simpsons
decent paintball coverage wherever I can find it

aditya8617
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
the daily Show

Colbert Report

Southpark

Soccer (any match will do)

I also watch a lot of French television(only news and movies) though I barely understand anything, sometimes when they show movies they have english subtitles so it doesn't get that boring. That's where I had come across Alizee in 2002 but didn't know who it was until 2006!

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 12:30 PM
If I still had my old apt with digital cable (not in any order):

Entourage
Weeds
Lucky Louie
Arrested Development
Lost
and, of course, the NBA

I used to watch South Park, but a few years ago it just wasn't funny for me anymore. And I used to watch the Daily Show, but it makes me too sad about life.

lajnus0ntheline
09-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Prison Break and Rome are the shows that i've been following seriousley lately... Otherwise i watch a lot of Discovery Channel and Documentarys...

cane17
09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I like the Simpsons, My Name is Earl, and The Office. I love Air Farce, This Hour has 22 Minutes, the Rick Mercer Report, the Tournament, and Just For Laughs. The last ones were all created by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, so I don't know if any Americans are familiar with them.

I have seen the The Tournament is great and i love Hockey Night In Canada but for the rest Simpsons,My Name Is Earl,Family Guy,Desperate Housewives,Grey's Anatomy,ESPN and Fox Soccer Channel.

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Prison Break and Rome are the shows that i've been following seriousley lately... Otherwise i watch a lot of Discovery Channel and Documentarys...

Ooh...is Rome back on the air? I really need to get HBO again.

Bob
09-13-2006, 05:47 PM
the colbert report, the daily show, morning/evening news(NBC only) and any football game is all i watch

Spartan500
09-13-2006, 06:29 PM
o greg i forgot about lucky louie also i like street fury even though the guy is annoying

NANAKI
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
the colbert report, the daily show, morning/evening news(NBC only) and any football game is all i watch

football or American football

aditya8617
09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I bet he is talking about American Football. Who watches soccer in America.

haha, I like your quote Nanaki! lol

NANAKI
09-13-2006, 06:50 PM
I bet he is talking about American Football. Who watches soccer in America.

haha, I like your quote Nanaki! lol

a lot of my friends

Bob
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM
football or American football

well..both, but usually football isnt on, so i watch american football

NANAKI
09-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't watch American football occasionally I'll watch football

Shep
09-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I need to add a few to my list:

Arrested Development (My brother got me into it. I can't believe how great it... was... :( FRUIT YOU FOX!!! Cancel 24 and I'm SOOO gonna sue for mental agony!)
JAG
House

I would love to add Scrubs to the list but I have yet to watch an episode in it's entirety, I usually miss half of it some how.

Oh, and I don't remember exactly who the BSG fan was (name escapes me) but check out the sci fi website and watch the mini episodes they have of a "spin off" called BSG: The Resistance. It bridges the gap between seasons 2 and 3.

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Scrubs and Arrested Development are both great. 3rd season of AD wasn't as good as the other two. I was disappointed that it got canceled but not exactly surprised. It's too quirky for mainstream TV.

General Patton
09-13-2006, 09:47 PM
1.Scrubs
2. My Name is Earl
3. Two and Half Men
4. Anything on the history Channel
5. Anything on the Military Channel
6. The News
7. Jay Leno (the Tonight Show)

Pirate515
09-13-2006, 09:49 PM
FRUIT YOU FOX!!! Cancel 24 and I'm SOOO gonna sue for mental agony!I so agree with this. Fox has always had a reputation for canceling great shows for no apparent reason. Last fall I got into this show called "Reunion", only to see it canceled without completing the storyline. Not only that, but they did not even show some of the episodes that were completed. And for what? Yes, you guessed it, to free up yet another evening slot for "American Idol".

Luckily for you, me and all other "24" fans, the show is not going anywhere (at leats not in the near future) as it's making Fox way too much money. But if/when Fox decides to axe it, their executives will definitely need to be smacked over their heads with something heavy.

Getting back to the topic, here's my list of favorites:

SMALLVILLE (September 28 cannot come soon enough)
La Femme Nikita (yes, I know it's over, but I still love it)
The Sopranos

Shep
09-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Scrubs and Arrested Development are both great. 3rd season of AD wasn't as good as the other two. I was disappointed that it got canceled but not exactly surprised. It's too quirky for mainstream TV.

I agree. One of the reasons people think it was cancelled was because it didn't have a laugh track or something and people didn't know when to laugh. I also noticed that when I rewatch it, I'd catch sublte jokes I missed the first time. It has however been kicking arse when it comes to DVD sales. It'd be great if we could get a fourth season straight to DVD and then some. They are talking a Serenity/Firefly kinda thing where we might get an Arrested Development movie.

I so agree with this. Fox has always had a reputation for canceling great shows for no apparent reason. Last fall I got into this show called "Reunion", only to see it canceled without completing the storyline. Not only that, but they did not even show some of the episodes that were completed. And for what? Yes, you guessed it, to free up yet another evening slot for "American Idol".

Luckily for you, me and all other "24" fans, the show is not going anywhere (at leats not in the near future) as it's making Fox way too much money. But if/when Fox decides to axe it, their executives will definitely need to be smacked over their heads with something heavy.

Getting back to the topic, here's my list of favorites:

SMALLVILLE (September 28 cannot come soon enough)
La Femme Nikita (yes, I know it's over, but I still love it)
The Sopranos

Yes, fortunately we are gonna have 24 for at least three more seasons. I doubt they'd pay Kiefer Sutherland 40 million dollars and then decide to give it the axe.

I saw the last episode of American Idol and it was kinda cool, but I would rather have spent that hour with Alizee... and if that wasn't possible, an hour with Mal and Crew or the Bluth Family would have been good too.

NANAKI
09-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I agree. One of the reasons people think it was cancelled was because it didn't have a laugh track or something and people didn't know when to laugh. I also noticed that when I rewatch it, I'd catch sublte jokes I missed the first time. It has however been kicking arse when it comes to DVD sales. It'd be great if we could get a fourth season straight to DVD and then some. They are talking a Serenity/Firefly kinda thing where we might get an Arrested Development movie.

Yes, fortunately we are gonna have 24 for at least three more seasons. I doubt they'd pay Kiefer Sutherland 40 million dollars and then decide to give it the axe.

I saw the last episode of American Idol and it was kinda cool, but I would rather have spent that hour with Alizee... and if that wasn't possible, an hour with Mal and Crew or the Bluth Family would have been good too.

yeah Smallville and don't forget Super Natural

DJ_Greg
09-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I agree. One of the reasons people think it was cancelled was because it didn't have a laugh track or something and people didn't know when to laugh. I also noticed that when I rewatch it, I'd catch sublte jokes I missed the first time. It has however been kicking arse when it comes to DVD sales. It'd be great if we could get a fourth season straight to DVD and then some.

That's my favorite kind of show...the ones that make you laugh at the awkward silences. AD is all about awkwardness, but it's done so well that it's genius.

They are talking a Serenity/Firefly kinda thing where we might get an Arrested Development movie.

:eek: Really?!

Shep
09-13-2006, 11:04 PM
:eek: Really?!

That's the speculation.

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't seen it, here are some of my favorite clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTeK-kREZuM

Not all of them, just some of them. Language warning for some.

Pirate515
09-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Yes, fortunately we are gonna have 24 for at least three more seasons. I doubt they'd pay Kiefer Sutherland 40 million dollars and then decide to give it the axe.Fox executives are very much obsessed with ratings, where participants are a select group of people with Nielsen boxes who sadly do not represent the opinion(s) of all the viewers. So if ratings for 24 sink, they will cancel it in a heartbeat despite the fact that viewers love it, as well as work out "deals" with cast and crew to get around their contracts. Luckily, seeing how good 24 has been doing for the past few years, I do not expect its ratings to drop any time soon.

I saw the last episode of American Idol and it was kinda cool, but I would rather have spent that hour with Alizee...LOL. The best you can hope for is that one of American Idol contestants sings one of Alizee's songs. And if that happens, I'm pretty sure that the majority of people on this site will actually pick up their phones and vote against that contestant, because no matter how good she would be, she will still be not nearly as good as the real Alizee.

atra201
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
charmed
seinfeld
friends
any comedy and thriller

marik
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
24 lol! jack bauer go!:eek: :p hehehee lol!

Drake498
06-15-2007, 09:47 AM
South Park
Mind of Mencia
House M.D.
King of Queens
Family Guy

These are my top 5 (not in any particular order :p)

P.S. and for Sports i watch American Football and Golf :D

Joey_adore_Jung
06-15-2007, 04:36 PM
South Park
Smallville
House
Family Guy
Dr. Who
Futurama
last but not least Blue Collar T.V.

i have to say out of the top 7 my favorite would have to be Smallville.

espire
06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
TV? Who needs that when you have the internet?

Joey_adore_Jung
06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
hello you talk to him in the chat room. any more clues, see espire there is always the chance you will see Alizée on t.v. or was that a rhetorical question.

Uméesha
06-16-2007, 04:48 AM
i will watch the TV show's rarely... any how i will list some of my favorite TV shows....

1. One Planet in Animan Planet
2. JunkYard war's in Discovery Channel
3. Just for Gags (Laugh) in POGO...
4. CSI: Las Vagas in AXN.

painbringer
06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
anybody here ever watch "the unit"?