PDA

View Full Version : Buying Alizee CD - need to get translation

Edcognito
12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I asked about how much shipping was to the US - This is the reply i got. Need help - not sure what the total should be. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edcognito

Veuillez m'indiquer le montant total pour mon objet.

Chère/Cher disqueric,

J'ai remporté votre objet eBay ci-dessous. Veuillez m'indiquer le montant total à payer.

How Much money to Ship to the United States?
Veuillez m'indiquer le montant total pour mon objet
Pour me faire parvenir les informations relatives au paiement, veuillez cliquer sur le bouton ci-dessous.

N° de l'objet numérique Titre de l'objet Qté Prix
150074396251 PROGRAMME ALIZEE - EN CONCERT - NEUF ! 1 EUR 20.00

L'adresse de livraison est la suivante :
Edwin

NY

États-Unis
(607) 589-6789

Merci.

edcognito

HibyPrime
12-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Google's interpretation:

Edcognito Please indicate to me the total amount for my object. Expensive/Cher disqueric, I gained your eBay object below. Please indicate the total amount to me to pay. How Much money to Ship to the United States? Please indicate to me the total amount for my object to forward me information relating to the payment, want to click on the button below. N° of the numerical object Titre object Qté Prix 150074396251 PROGRAMS GEOSTROPHIC - IN CONCERT - NINE! 1 EURO 20.00 The address of delivery is as follows: Edwin NY The United States (607) 589-6789 Thank you.

This doesn't make much sense, it looks like the person responded to your question by asking you how much it costs to ship to the US :confused:

Edcognito
12-26-2006, 10:20 PM
BUGGER! :O

I WANT THIS VIDEO! :O

ok - i'll see what i can do.

Bye the way - THANKS for the quick translation!

Edcognito

HibyPrime
12-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Looks like you're trying to order the program for the concert, not the concert itself..

Edcognito
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah, thats what i meant to say - I'm still looking for the concert DVD in the US before i try overseas for this kind of reason - Shipping etc., thought i would get my feet wet with a "less important" item before i tried to get the DVD from Europe....

thanks again for the quick turnaround on the explanation guys - really appreciated it.

Ed

Cooney
12-26-2006, 11:55 PM
The email you pasted is a copy of the one EBay sent to the vender, it isn't the reply. It's the French version of the "Please send me the total price for my item" email. It's the middle of the night in France, so you'll probably get a reply in the morning, their time.

One thing you should know, though, is that the program is a far more major item for a collector than the DVD itself is. I see a couple dozen copies of the DVD for sale each day, but this auction was the first time I've seen the program available to the US in a couple months of searching.

A direct translation is as follows:
-------------------------------------
Please send me the total price for my item.

Dear disqueric,

I've bought the below-listed object from you on EBay. Please send me the total.

"How Much money to Ship to the United States? "
Please send me the total price for my item.
To send me the information payment information, please click the button below.

The item number and title of the item in question is:
150074396251 PROGRAMME ALIZEE - EN CONCERT - NEUF ! 1 EUR 20.00

The shipping address is as follows :
Edwin

NY

États-Unis
(607) 589-6789

Thanks

edcognito

Edcognito
12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
Ahhh! You've cleared that up wonderfully - i thought that with that message showing up in my e-mail that it was the response from the vendor (should have KNOWN better!). Again - thanks for clearing that up for me!

Ed

Edcognito
12-27-2006, 04:16 AM
Just got the response from the seller - and my payment verified! SWEET! Can't wait to get the program!

Thanks for your help guys!

Ed

Cooney
12-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Woot Ed, grats :-) Glad it worked out.

Senshi87
12-29-2006, 08:06 AM
what is this program? and not the actuial dvd ??

Cooney
12-29-2006, 08:28 AM
what is this program? and not the actuial dvd ??

This is the printed program booklet that was used for Alizée's concert tour. It's pretty much a souvenir, consisting primarily of photos and discography, but it's quite hard to find in the States. As far as I'm aware, the only place to get an original was to go to one of the concerts, or find somebody who had.

c-dawg777
01-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Edcognito, most sellers in the U.S. will buy the dvd from Europe and have it sent to you. They usually just play middlemen. However just to let you know, as long as you use paypal, buying overseas really isn't a problem because you can always get your money back through them. Personally I've bought two of the concert dvd's, one for watching and the other will stay sealed, but they both came from the U.K. and there was no problem with either one. Actually, the shipping was quicker than in country shipping.

Edcognito
01-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks C-dawg, I'm looking at it for some time in the next couple of weeks (i hope) depends on how my wife did on controlling the spending over x-mas. I'll know for sure when the bills come in. :)

Ed