PDA

View Full Version : More Alizee Art

c-dawg777
12-29-2006, 05:49 AM
This was my first Alizee drawing. It's just colored pencils, and I don't trace anything. I'm brand new to the site and this is my first post. I am very interested in feedback, and I like to hear peoples oppinions so please fire away! :)

Amelie
12-29-2006, 07:41 AM
hey ,c-dawg777, your painting is very good. can I suggest something? i suggest to do not paint her bust so clearly, because..well, look at her dress, do you see those lines? only shadows, so, paint only the shadows, but i love how you did her face, it's very realistic and we can see her original expression in your painting. very well done!

Luc
12-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Hello c-dawg777, I agree with Amelie but for the rest it's a very good drawing, beautiful !
Btw welcome to the forum :)

Cooney
12-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Nice - and welcome to the forums :-)

As with the others, I would suggest that her chest not be so clearly defined. The dress is not form fitting, rather, it is a thick material and gives a smooth contour. My only other suggestion would be to lighten her hair towards brown a bit, and away from black.

None the less, quite well done!

neoteny
12-29-2006, 09:03 AM
its okay to draw the "bust". lol. i think its okay to say we all love her body too. ahem...fabulous job dawg

Cooney
12-29-2006, 09:07 AM
its okay to draw the "bust". lol. i think its okay to say we all love her body too. ahem...fabulous job dawg

I've no problem with drawings that show her curves, it's just that this particular outfit is a known one, and doesn't. I wouldn't have mentioned it had the outfit in the drawing been the knit top from Rockollection or something similar.

TurinSZ
12-29-2006, 12:11 PM
LOL(welcome to the forum!)

brad
12-29-2006, 03:19 PM
nice drawing dawg, welcome to the website

nurvonic
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
sup dawg. that drawing is fly, cous

welcome to the site g

Sir Wood
12-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice drawing. I agree with the others that the bust needs to be more subtle, just because we all know the outfit and image being portrayed. But hey, it's the artist's prerogative.

RMJ
12-29-2006, 05:24 PM
It's very nice one. Especially I like that you used color pens since most of the fan art are usually done monochromatic. :)

Tho yea, maybe it could be little more subtle in certain areas. Altho, since the the dress is more cartoon-ish everywhere else, too, it might work as is.

But since we got stuck to dress... The details off the dress is bit off, btw. :) I guess you used low resolution image as a reference. It's missing some seams (you only have two, the center one and the left one (her right)).

c-dawg777
12-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Yes I know I did pronounce her chest a little, but then again I'm a 22 year old guy who just likes to give credit where credit is due, I mean c'mon we've all seen the bikini photos, she is not a small girl, and the little blue dress just doesn't due her justice :). No I'm just joking (not really), but a lot of it is because shading with that light of blue is extremely difficult, and as for the other seems in her dress such as the shoulders and what not... it gets lost in the transfer. The original is 8x11 which shows a lot more detail like her brown eyes for example. Either way I do appreciate the comments lots of good feedback. Thanks!