PDA

View Full Version : non-alizee topic: what is your favorite rocky movie?

newalizeefan
12-31-2006, 04:29 AM
well i just recently watched all the rocky movies and it quickly became one of my favs.

my favorite: rocky 3 because the training scenes are pretty inspirational. plus the fight with clubber lang, when rocky just lets clubber hit him so that he gets more anger.

and the one i didnt like was rocky 5.

whats your favorite and why?

HibyPrime
12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
I shtink yous may have phosted in ze wrong forum!

I've never seen a rocky movie :o

c-dawg777
12-31-2006, 06:23 AM
Rocky's always been a favorite of mine too. I think Rocky one is the best all around, but boy I sure do love the corny 80's music of Rocky IV. Plus it has a pretty cool ending, what with the russians cheering for him and all. By the way Hiby is right. Last time I checked, Alizee wasn't in any Rocky movies. ;)

newalizeefan
12-31-2006, 06:52 AM
I shtink yous may have phosted in ze wrong forum!

I've never seen a rocky movie :o

oh yea oops i did. srry.
im just used to starting threads on the alizee category.

Rocket
12-31-2006, 07:01 AM
I think it's great to see something else while waiting for Alizee to do something. If you were standing in a long line while waiting to go to an Alizee concert, you're going to find SOMEBODY talking about something else besides Alizee.

I liked Rocky III the best. I haven't seen the lastest one but I heard it's good. Mr T as Clubber Lang was awesome. My favorite line: I do not accept Rocky Balboa's challange because Rocky Balboa IS no challenge. However, I'd be more than happy to beat on him some more.

neoteny
12-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Rocket, arent you suppose to be on your way to chicago.

oh yeah about the rocky flicks...ummm...my memory is vague at the moment but uhhh, i think i liked the 3rd one too. i think

Pirate515
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
...I sure do love the corny 80's music of Rocky IV. Plus it has a pretty cool ending, what with the Russians cheering for him and all.I also like the part when Rocky comes off after the first round with Ivan Drago and tells Paulie and his trainer that he sees three of them out there. Then he gets an advice from Paulie (who is an alcoholic): "Hit the one in the middle."

brad
12-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Rocky 1 is the best, then Rocky 4

jeroh
12-31-2006, 12:46 PM
rocky 1 , have more drama and is the FIRST ...

Spartan500
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Its hard for me to pick a favorite so when i seen this thread i decided to watch all of them and i pick rocky 4 then 1, 3, 6, 2, 5. though there is a problem i have with rocky 4, the knockout punch isn't like emphesized(did i spell that right) like in the other ones.

Rocket
12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Rocket, arent you suppose to be on your way to chicago?

Been there and back. We went up Saturday before Christmas and came back Christmas Day.

nurvonic
01-01-2007, 01:26 AM
i have not seen one Rocky movie:o

im thinkin about seeing this new one though. ive read some mixed reviews about it.

brad
01-02-2007, 02:34 AM

im thinkin about seeing this new one though. ive read some mixed reviews about it.

Rocky 1 is a must see movie IMHO .. it is an excellent movie with a great story.

the new movie is a lot like the original, you definitely don't want to see the new one without seeing the original. In a lot of ways the new movie is just an homage to the original Rocky.

newalizeefan
01-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Rocky 1 is a must see movie IMHO .. it is an excellent movie with a great story.

the new movie is a lot like the original, you definitely don't want to see the new one without seeing the original. In a lot of ways the new movie is just an homage to the original Rocky.

yea definently watch the 1st rocky. because after that your going to want to see the rest in order. its a great movie and you wont be dissappointed.
but if you just watch the 6th without seeing the others, your going to be confused and lost throughout the film.

aFrenchie
01-02-2007, 10:09 AM

I thought I was going to be the only one who has seen none of them! :p (and I don't want to see more)

brad
01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
it would probably be fun for you aFrenchie. I would like to see you try to understand Rocky talking...

I can barely understand him myself :p

neoteny
01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Been there and back. We went up Saturday before Christmas and came back Christmas Day.

and you didnt even tell me what you thot of the mcdonalds up there. they have an escalator. and leather couches and huge windows over looking the city block. that was the best royal with cheese in my whole life

neoteny
01-02-2007, 04:43 PM
and a milkshak

aFrenchie
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
it would probably be fun for you aFrenchie. I would like to see you try to understand Rocky talking...

I would probably see the movie dubbed in French anyway, so no problem ;)

CFHollister
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I would probably see the movie dubbed in French anyway, so no problem ;)

Come on aFrenchie, dubbing sucks. When I watch foreign films I never watch dubbed versions; I always go with subtitles. Too much is lost in the actors' perfomances and it's always been hard for me to take dubbed films seriously.

Off topic: My favorite foreign film is probably the German film Lola Rennt ("Run Lola Run" in English). It actually isn't very long, and if any of you get a chance to see it (subtitiled please), it's well worth it (in my opinion).

bt_bird_90
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
that was the best royal with cheese in my whole life

get that there nonsense outta here, talkin' like one of them far'ners and such

Gatchaman
01-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Rocky I is probably the best, but Rocky III, IMO was the most entertaining. He went from a bulldog slugger to having the eye of the tiger. :D

aFrenchie
01-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Come on aFrenchie, dubbing sucks. When I watch foreign films I never watch dubbed versions; I always go with subtitles. Too much is lost in the actors' perfomances and it's always been hard for me to take dubbed films seriously.
That's what I used to think, but I'm more and more sure that what you lose of the actors' performance, real voice, etc, you gain in pictures "unlost" because of reading subtitles (so actions, face expressions, etc), plus when you read the subtitles, you hear YOUR OWN voice anyway, that is very monochord and dull because you're just reading. Futhermore, at least in France, dubbing is now very well done, by real actors, etc. Maybe not the case in the USA where I know dubbing is not appreciated, so probably not well done either.
It's a matter of test anyway. I know a few people here who prefer subtitles of course.

neoteny
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
oh yeah i prefer subtitles. watching 'le pac de loup" in french is better. i watched it dubbed in english for about 5 minutes before switching back.

CFHollister
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
That's what I used to think, but I'm more and more sure that what you lose of the actors' performance, real voice, etc, you gain in pictures "unlost" because of reading subtitles (so actions, face expressions, etc), plus when you read the subtitles, you hear YOUR OWN voice anyway, that is very monochord and dull because you're just reading. Futhermore, at least in France, dubbing is now very well done, by real actors, etc. Maybe not the case in the USA where I know dubbing is not appreciated, so probably not well done either.
It's a matter of test anyway. I know a few people here who prefer subtitles of course.

Yeah, it is a matter of taste, but I've never personnely felt like I haven't been able to both read subtitles and watch the actors' performances. I've always been more distracted by hearing words I don't see coming out the actors' mouths than seeing the text on the screen. Plus, I just like being exposed to other languages rather than just listening to English again, just to mix things up (one of the reasons I like listening to Alizée). I suspect there is a greater market/push for doing high quality film dubbs in Europe because the popularity of American/Holywood films and film stars in many parts of the world whereas the market for foreign films in the US is much more of a niche market and lacks the investment to put a whole of effort into it.

Sir Wood
01-02-2007, 09:13 PM
What Rocky series are we in now?

spysmasher
01-03-2007, 05:11 AM
When I first saw the name of this thread, I wanted to reply: My favorite Rocky movie is ... Rocky and Bullwinkle!

But then I remembered that movie sucked! The original TV show, however, was awesome! A classic! Perhaps I should say ... a knockout?

aFrenchie
01-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it is a matter of taste
Oops, I meant "matter of taste" indeed, not "test" :D

Seapaddler
01-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I wanted to be Rocky when I was a kid so I tried to prove it to my brother and slammed down 3 raw eggs. Friggin gross, then he said I'm going to get salmonella. Jerk couldn't tell me before I ate them. Older brothers suck. lol

neoteny
01-03-2007, 11:56 AM
yeah youre right.

rwd716
01-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Yeah, Rocky isn't Rocky w/o Sly talkin the way he does, lol. You're missin out on classic Rocky!