PDA

View Full Version : Alizee live

captainkidd78
07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
To all,
First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved. I have not stopped playing guitar and writing music since! I was looking through some youtube.com videos and I believe most of them are lip-synch vids. How is she live for those who have seen her perform?

In regards to the new album, I know she is not working with the Farmer team - I am not familiar w/ her new "teams" work. Is it edgier or lighter? Any ideas/guesses on how the new songs will sound?

Also, what are the chances of an English release?

Thank you for your replies,

Jim

dvtq
07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
To all,
First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved. I have not stopped playing guitar and writing music since! I was looking through some youtube.com videos and I believe most of them are lip-synch vids. How is she live for those who have seen her perform?
find the answer here ( i remember brad answer it 1 time ) or go to http://www.alizee-forum.com/topic,9949,-the-alizee-faq%3A-new-fans-members-read-first-.html question 31 , the answer is very clear , do you think all of her fans are :cool: , she sang for 4 years and lypsynch all of that time :p

In regards to the new album, I know she is not working with the Farmer team - I am not familiar w/ her new "teams" work. Is it edgier or lighter? Any ideas/guesses on how the new songs will sound?

Also, what are the chances of an English release?
we can have another choice , but dont talk about it, everything will be answer after 3rd albumn is release , you arent her :D . No informations now :confused: .

she doesnt interested with english , that is what i know .

cybersoil
07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
To all,

First time on the group. Saw a video of Alizee and lets say I was moved.

Jim

Yeah... the first time I saw Alizee certain parts of me were movin' too.:D He, he. A very familiar story... J'en ai Marre, anyone?

No one really knows about Alizee's upcoming album, just a lot of speculation on the entire Internet. Thanks to a posting by "Snatcher42" I've read that Alizee is supposed to have a new single out in September followed by the new album sometime at the end of the year.

Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.

Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.

-Cybersoil

dvtq
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Lipsynching is just the way that most people do it in Europe and here in the US when the singer is moving around, especially when they're dancing. Madonna and Janet Jackson both said that you can have great live singing or a great show (dancing and performing) but you can't have both. That's because the human body would be panting through most of the songs. Today, fans demand a physical show from top performers (dancing and moving around a lot) and that would leave you out of breath. Just check out a show from Madonna, Janet Jackson, or Britney Spears. Again, that's just the way the human body works. But Alizee has taken special voice classes to help her with the dancing and singing together part. And she does about as good as anyone could do it.
LOL , :D explain alot ,everybody know that :rolleyes:
answer : i saw gourmandises first :)) ( lucky for me ) and i kissed the LCD :D

brad
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
here are some live performances ... (There are more, look for all the concert vids in the video section here.)

moi... lolita - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=23

Amélie m'a dit - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=40

L'Alizé - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=36

A Contre Courant - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=18

Parler tout bas - http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=20

Sebastien
07-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Alizee sings live in her concert DVD and a few other videos. She sings magnificantly live in her concert, so much so that I prefer the live versions of some of her songs instead to the retail release versions.
-Cybersoil

I personally like Toc de Mac's live version than the release too.

Matrix
07-13-2006, 10:57 PM
I got her DVD Alizee en Concert and all those songs were performed LIVE... and you could tell.. toward the end of the DVD her voice was getting tired and weak.

Many songs on that video show her voice trailing off or getting tired and weak.. her voice just isnt that strong.. she doesnt have strong vocal cords like say a Christina Aguilera

Alizee has more soft and petite vocal cords, look at her body, she is so small. She is not gonna blast out vocals powerfully.

Still, the best, sweetest voice i ever heard from a female. Olivia Newton John comes in second.

As far as lip synching goes.. i understand they do that alot in Europe, more than what you would hear in USA because of the milly vanilli scandal.

Spartan500
07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
As far as lip synching goes.. i understand they do that alot in Europe, more than what you would hear in USA because of the milly vanilli scandal.

Thats funny milli vanilli lol

Matrix
07-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Girl you know its true! lol

Scruffydog777
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Well we all have differences in which albums of hers we like and what songs we think are better than others. As far as En Concert, ML and JAM didn't sound that good live, in my opinion, though I still love watching those performances, but I thought her voice was absolutely beautiful in L'Alize, Hey Amigo, Toc de mac, L'email a des ailes, Lou ou Toi, Amelie m'a dit and a couple of others and I think people here know me well enough to realize that if I didn't think of them in that way, I wouldn't hesitate to say so.

User22
11-02-2010, 01:29 PM
but I thought her voice was absolutely beautiful in L'Alize, Hey Amigo, Toc de mac, L'email a des ailes, Lou ou Toi, Amelie m'a dit and a couple of others

Agreed, I think she sings much better live when she does softer songs...

Another example of her singing live and sounding amazing and almost perfectly on pitch is when she sang La Javainise at the Monaco AIDS concert seen here:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLFrht97qus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLFrht97qus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality :D... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.

I'm not trying to dog on you for not liking her as much live as she is in the studio, cause I would have to somewhat agree with this. But have you ever listened to the raw audio recorded at 3 of the concerts she did for the En Concert DVD? Cause man she sounds perfect in most of them.

Jake04
11-02-2010, 05:11 PM
There's been several discussions about this so I decided to dig this up rather than start a new thread. Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?

You know how it is in the music industry. You'd hear singers singing great on radio or tv. Then, once you hear them sing live, you're like :eek: What happened? Why do they sound so different?

Generally, the studio version is better than live performance because of the following: Singers can try over and over until their satisfied with the result, whereas in live you only get to do it once (kinda like Hollywood vs Broadway). Secondly, you don't have the filters and other enhancements available to you when you sing live. Third, it is much harder to SING AND DANCE at the same time.

There are also some other tangibles that can affect one's singing capability such as more relaxed atmosphere in studio compared to the pressure of singing in front of thousands of people; more rest in studio compared to singing 15-17 songs in a matter of hours; etc.

I myself initially preferred the studio version, but over time, came to love her live performances after taking into consideration the advantages the studio has over a live performance. I thought she sounded more real, more Alizee, if you will. For me, that's how I judge how good a singer is: by listening how they sing live.

How about you? : Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?

Future Raptor Ace
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
There's been several discussions about this so I decided to dig this up rather than start a new thread. Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?

You know how it is in the music industry. You'd hear singers singing great on radio or tv. Then, once you hear them sing live, you're like :eek: What happened? Why do they sound so different?

Generally, the studio version is better than live performance because of the following: Singers can try over and over until their satisfied with the result, whereas in live you only get to do it once (kinda like Hollywood vs Broadway). Secondly, you don't have the filters and other enhancements available to you when you sing live. Third, it is much harder to SING AND DANCE at the same time.

There are also some other tangibles that can affect one's singing capability such as more relaxed atmosphere in studio compared to the pressure of singing in front of thousands of people; more rest in studio compared to singing 15-17 songs in a matter of hours; etc.

I myself initially preferred the studio version, but over time, came to love her live performances after taking into consideration the advantages the studio has over a live performance. I thought she sounded more real, more Alizee, if you will. For me, that's how I judge how good a singer is: by listening how they sing live.

How about you? : Which one do you prefer: Alizee singing live or her recorded version?
going to quote myself from the other thread
"It is hard to be better than the studio versions since the studio versions are almost always done in multiple takes; also on top of that you have computers filtering out the flaws, or should I say humanness, in ones voice. As for En Concert and maybe some Les Enfoires songs, yea she gave a spectacular live performance.... but every other life performance she had she either sounded flat, seemed to lack energy, or be out of tune. It could be due to poor mics, poor sound systems, poor acoustic residence, or maybe even bad air quality :D... or maybe we need to just drop the excuses and say maybe Alizee really isnt the best live singer. Now just becuase I say she cant sing live (and I dont mean cant literally, obviously she can sing very well because she is a professional singer, but in terms of how she should be singing on a professional level is where I say she cant) does not take away from the fact I love her first 3 albums and I love her voice in the studio versions of the songs so It doesn't make me any less of a fan. Some people (and I can also understand this) do not like an artist if they cant perform up to par during live performances.

Kronos
11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Depends on the song, I don't like the album version of Amelie m'a dit that much but it is still my second most favourite song of hers, but only the live version. It's good that she always sang JPVA recorded on TV, or else there's no way it could have sounded even remotely good while she would dance. The en concert version is kind of meh, but that was the last song of the concert. She was clearly exhausted after all that singing but then she had to go do her most energetic dance

Tom
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I like when she sings live better even if it doesn't sound as "good". I prefer when it's no lip-sync. Sometimes she had to use the recorded version though, like when she performed JEAM or JPVA. I wish there was less lip-sync and more live singing when she performed on TV but I guess it was better with the recorded versions because it sounds better. Here's one I like a lot of Moi... Lolita (http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=23).

SaintÀlizee
11-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I like when she sings live better even if it doesn't sound as "good". I prefer when it's no lip-sync. Sometimes she had to use the recorded version though, like when she performed JEAM or JPVA. I wish there was less lip-sync and more live singing when she performed on TV but I guess it was better with the recorded versions because it sounds better. Here's one I like a lot of Moi... Lolita (http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=23).

Same. I love listening to her real, authentic voice. I can't say this for other singers. Kesha, (I'm sorry this name is even being mentioned in the presence of the name Alizee.) with her autotuning songs half to death. Listen to her live. It's awful. Come to think of it, Alizee is one of the few pop singers I've enjoyed listening to this past decade. I listen to all types of music, I'm not exclusive to just one type.

Scruffydog777
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm sure Alizée did a lot of lip synching in her early career because she did so much dancing in those years. How do you think Pavarotti would have sounded if he danced around as much as she did. If you want a good assessment of her live voice, watch En Concert, a beautiful concert in my opinion.

By the way, where are all these new members coming from?

AlizéeInspired
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
It kind of depends on the performance as to whether or not I'll prefer it over the studio version. However, more often than not, I prefer the live performances of an artist over their studio recorded version. Similar to what Tom said, I like when an artist sings live even if it doesn't sound as "good". An artist's live performance gets so much more respect from me over their studio recorded songs. Singing live is tough and it gives us (the fans) a better look at what a singer's voice really sounds like rather than just what they sound like at their best or behind a bunch of effects, tuning, etc.

So, overall, I prefer live over studio for any artist. Alizée has a beautiful voice and I'd much rather hear it for real rather than a recording of it. Lip synching doesn't take anything away from an artist for me though, especially if they're moving around on stage as much as Alizée did for her other albums. I guess I just like and respect live performances and singing more because they are more unique, real, and are difficult to do.

Tom
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
By the way, where are all these new members coming from?

Hey, thanks for noticing us now. We are coming straight from YouTube. :rolleyes:

I've been a fan since 2008 and I'm not completely clueless...

Ofcourse she had to lip-sync during performances where she dance, like I also said, maybe you missed it or maybe it wasn't clear enough (Zeerre can tell you all about the latter, don't worry). Déjà vu anyone? There was plenty of performances where she didn't dance and could sing live but she didn't, it's nothing wrong with that but I would have enjoyed that more. :)

No hostility intended this time either!

Aayush
11-02-2010, 10:25 PM
The fact is fact, singing and dancing at the same time with utmost perfection is indeed impossible sometimes. Studio versions are good to listen but to sing with that clarity in live stages is pretty tough job, incase you perform also, like lili does.
Taking the case of live performances, lili had to perform more then sing. It is pretty clear then that she is bound to lip-synch some her songs in which she has to perform really hard. Take the performance of JPVA in En Concert in comparison to other stage shows. She didn't lip-synched in the concert, thus her performance was a lil loose then the others.
Actually, if one knows the caliber and capbility then there is no harm in seeing her doing lip-synch during live performances, in that way the public gets full value for their money;) and also full on entertainment, which is most necessary at the end of the day :)

Jake04
11-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah... the first time I saw Alizee certain parts of me were movin' too.:D He, he. A very familiar story... J'en ai Marre, anyone?

No one really knows about Alizee's upcoming album, just a lot of speculation on the entire Internet. Thanks to a posting by "Snatcher42" I've read that Alizee is supposed to have a new single out in September followed by the new album sometime at the end of the year.

-Cybersoil

I believe this statement. This is probably the reason why Alizee did a lot of lip-synching during her JEAM, ML and JPVA days.

User22
11-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Alizee is very decent live...has anyone thought to listen to the raw audio from the En Concert Tour?

severianb
11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
...though i will agree her singing in live concert is (i hate to admit it) pretty bad....

BLASPHEMER!!!! :eek:

Seriously, though. I've seen a couple of videos where she wasn't dead on, and I've seen some fan-recorded videos of things like the Russian concerts that sounded bad, but the recording quality was too terrible to judge.

However, in general, she is wonderful live. I mean, isn't that how she originally got the job? Winning a live singing contest when she was 15? Some of her live stuff is absolutely beautiful.

Edit: Aaronis's post with the video above is a perfect example. If you don't think she sang that beautifully, then we have no frame of reference and can no longer speak on this subject. I agree she nails the softer songs the best, and I feel her next album should be in that vein.

Aayush
11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Alizee is very decent live...has anyone thought to listen to the raw audio from the En Concert Tour?

yups i had.....sounds very original and fresh.

Future Raptor Ace
11-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Seriously, though. I've seen a couple of videos where she wasn't dead on, and I've seen some fan-recorded videos of things like the Russian concerts that sounded bad, but the recording quality was too terrible to judge.

However, in general, she is wonderful live. I mean, isn't that how she originally got the job? Winning a live singing contest when she was 15? Some of her live stuff is absolutely beautiful.
Alizee never won Graines de star, she was a runner up. Also take into account she has aged 10 years since then, her voice has most definitely changed and matured from the teen-aged voice that got her famous.

Edit: Aaronis's post with the video above is a perfect example. If you don't think she sang that beautifully, then we have no frame of reference and can no longer speak on this subject. I agree she nails the softer songs the best, and I feel her next album should be in that vein.lol im honestly going to say that was ok.. nothing better than ok but that is just becuase I dont like soft songs you can never tell a persons singing voice from them.. but that is just a pure opinion statement by myself.
Alizees best live performances IMO are as follows... and she goes beyond nailing it
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=71
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=59

Also let me say I hope is doesnt seem like im bashing Melle Alizee, becuase im not, anyone on here who knows me knows I have nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for Alizee and her music. My only 2 criticisms for her is her live performances and her new album..... that's it

MarkL
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM
It all depends, sometimes I want to hear the studio version of the song with perfectly tuned vocals guitar rhythm etc.

But other times I like to hear how they mix it up in live preformance and see it from a preformer side. It all depends

Jake04
11-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Depends on the song, I don't like the album version of Amelie m'a dit that much but it is still my second most favourite song of hers, but only the live version. It's good that she always sang JPVA recorded on TV, or else there's no way it could have sounded even remotely good while she would dance. The en concert version is kind of meh, but that was the last song of the concert. She was clearly exhausted after all that singing but then she had to go do her most energetic dance

I thought she did much better than that given the fact - like you've stated - that it was the last song and she was already exhausted. JPVA is actually one of my favorite songs in En concert.

Jake04
11-03-2010, 03:14 AM

Edit: Aaronis's post with the video above is a perfect example. If you don't think she sang that beautifully, then we have no frame of reference and can no longer speak on this subject. I agree she nails the softer songs the best, and I feel her next album should be in that vein.

I appreciate the fans who record and post those videos. However, we should not use those to judge Alizee's performance. Most of those videos where recorded using phones or regular video recorder which are not equipped to capture the true fidelity of the performance. You need a professional-type video recorder, just like what they use in concerts or tv stations in order to do that.

User22
11-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I appreciate the fans who record and post those videos. However, we should not use those to judge Alizee's performance. Most of those videos where recorded using phones or regular video recorder which are not equipped to capture the true fidelity of the performance. You need a professional-type video recorder, just like what they use in concerts or tv stations in order to do that.

True true...

:eek: I know a good one now. The Acoustic TV5 Monde live performances were good:D J'en Ai Marre, Psychedelices, Par Les Paupieres, Mad Juliette. I think she did J'en Ai Marre the best on the show...simply amazing:wub:

User22
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Want to know a good live performance she did that she was on pitch/key?

J'en Ai Marre on Acoustic TV5 Monde:wub:

Jake04
11-03-2010, 11:11 AM

Link please!

Merci Alizée
11-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Link please!

I uploaded the audios, but it seems that all links are dead.

You can get those from here :

http://www.mylenelive.com/menu.html

Go to Alizée, you will find links to download files. All are in doc format, just rename to have .mp3 extension.

Jake04
11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I uploaded the audios, but it seems that all links are dead.

You can get those from here :

http://www.mylenelive.com/menu.html

Go to Alizée, you will find links to download files. All are in doc format, just rename to have .mp3 extension.

I'm downloading them right now. Merci, MA!

Wait! Nothing's playing! I changed the .doc to mp3 with no joy!

User22
11-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm downloading them right now. Merci, MA!

Wait! Nothing's playing! I changed the .doc to mp3 with no joy!

:confused: That's weird...

Want me to upload the mp3s for you?

Jake04
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
:confused: That's weird...

Want me to upload the mp3s for you?

Please, if you don't mind. Thank you in advance!
I tried different players (itune, Windows MP, VLC and even KMP). None would play them.

User22
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Please, if you don't mind. Thank you in advance!
I tried different players (itune, Windows MP, VLC and even KMP). None would play them.

:( For some reason I could only find the Bruxelles one...but I guess it should do for now...the mp3s are in the zip folder that you download in the link. If you need help on zip files the VM me.

Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/428750546/2003-10-12_-_Bruxelles__Vorst_Nationaal__Belgique_.zip

severianb
11-04-2010, 12:22 AM

Agreed. I watched two different fan videos of the BB Brunes performance. In one, she sounded awful. In the other, she sounded wonderful. That opened my eyes to how important a good recording is, and made me dismiss in full any bad comments I see based on poor fan made recordings.

Even a very good recorder doesn't do a performer justice, you really need a feed directly from the soundboard, IMHO.

Jake04
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Agreed. I watched two different fan videos of the BB Brunes performance. In one, she sounded awful. In the other, she sounded wonderful. That opened my eyes to how important a good recording is, and made me dismiss in full any bad comments I see based on poor fan made recordings.

Even a very good recorder doesn't do a performer justice, you really need a feed directly from the soundboard, IMHO.

Or better yet...........watch her live!

Edit:

:( For some reason I could only find the Bruxelles one...but I guess it should do for now...the mp3s are in the zip folder that you download in the link. If you need help on zip files the VM me.

Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/428750546/2003-10-12_-_Bruxelles__Vorst_Nationaal__Belgique_.zip

For some reason, rapidshare is acting like a :mad: It wanted me to wait forever instead of 85 sec or so. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the link, BTW.

Topaz
11-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Alizee never won Graines de star, she was a runner up.

This is not accurate, runner up was the second time, defending the championship. The first time was a win. ;)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/tatouage.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2-1.gif

I DL'ed that file and I have a much better quality recording of en concert.

http://www.steekr.com/n/50-17/share/LNK79334cd2a8aabb071/

Enjoy!

User22
11-04-2010, 03:51 PM
This is not accurate, runner up was the second time, defending the championship. The first time was a win. ;)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/tatouage.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2-1.gif

I DL'ed that file and I have a much better quality recording of en concert.

http://www.steekr.com/n/50-17/share/LNK79334cd2a8aabb071/

Enjoy!

ThanksTopaz!!! And I love the pics you always randomly put in your posts... Thay make me stop and stare:wub:

Jake04
11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I finally able to d/l both. Both files are working fine. Thanks to both of you Aaronius31 and Topaz!

User22
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I finally able to d/l both. Both files are working fine. Thanks to both of you Aaronius31 and Topaz!

Great and enjoy!!! There are recordings for 2 other concerts but for some reason I can't find mine:(

Future Raptor Ace
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM

oh is that so, I did not know that..... thanks
also in Alizees defense, her recent 2 albums have been very techno(ie) in style making it very hard to sing live where as her first 2 albums required less computer aided vocals and more of her genuine voice making it easier for her to duplicate the studio versions live as well as sound good live. Also I noticed when Alizee was under Myrlene's management, when she wasn't lip syncing, she either had a back up track or back up singers as well as loud /powerful rock/pop music to go along with her voice which can easily cover up the unpreventable human flaws in ones voice. I think that's why rockbands usually sound the best live. These last 2 albums seemed to have more or less a soft sounding techno/pop music behind her singing consequently putting more of an emphases on her voice making flaws much more noticeable.

User22
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
These last 2 albums seemed to have more or less a soft sounding techno/pop music behind her singing consequently putting more of an emphases on her voice making flaws much more noticeable.

Yes that makes a lot of sense...I just don't get why ALizee doesn't just keep practicing everyday to try and achieve the vocal status she had back in the early days and also during Psych....she can do it...she just needs to practice more and more...

Azhiri
11-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I think her last two albums (especially UEdS) sound amazing vocally. In fact, at this point, she's never sounded better. Eden, Eden and Factory Girl especially showcase her talents. Her voice has progressively gotten better with every album.

User22
11-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I think her last two albums (especially UEdS) sound amazing vocally. In fact, at this point, she's never sounded better. Eden, Eden and Factory Girl especially showcase her talents. Her voice has progressively gotten better with every album.

Yes, but that is studio wise...she has somewhat become worse over time with live vocals...except she did quite well during Psych especially when doing La Javainise at the AIDS 2008 Monaco concert:wub: And of course the amazing Acoustic performance she did:wub:

But if you watch this....well....yah:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mImoSJuylLc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mImoSJuylLc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets just say she was off pitch quite often....

This one is much better though:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8YhVF25YsI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8YhVF25YsI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Azhiri
11-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes, but that is studio wise...she has somewhat become worse over time with live vocals...except she did quite well during Psych especially when doing La Javainise at the AIDS 2008 Monaco concert:wub: And of course the amazing Acoustic performance she did:wub:

But if you watch this....well....yah:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mImoSJuylLc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mImoSJuylLc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets just say she was off pitch quite often....

Ooh, yeah.. although I can barely tell with that recording quality :rolleyes:

I don't like that new thing she does, where at the end of a measure she kind of raises the pitch to end the phase at a higher note than what it's supposed to be. She does that a LOT in that performance!

User22
11-04-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't like that new thing she does, where at the end of a measure she kind of raises the pitch to end the phase at a higher note than what it's supposed to be. She does that a LOT in that performance!

Yes! I really hated it at first cause it just made it not sound to good. But I have grown used to it. You can see it ALOT in the T@keo Psych Mexico Tour DVD...

And this one is VERY GOOD, she is only off pitch towards the start
She also does that little curl you are talking about here towards the middle of the song in Dis-lui toi que je t'aime:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuYkEPyDquw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuYkEPyDquw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
By the way...she looks amazing while the saxaphone is soloing...

I have listened to this song and its been stuck in my head straight for almost 3 days...I can't concentrate in school because of this performance:(:wub:

severianb
11-06-2010, 01:32 AM
oh is that so, I did not know that..... thanks
also in Alizees defense, her recent 2 albums have been very techno(ie) in style making it very hard to sing live where as her first 2 albums required less computer aided vocals and more of her genuine voice making it easier for her to duplicate the studio versions live as well as sound good live. Also I noticed when Alizee was under Myrlene's management, when she wasn't lip syncing, she either had a back up track or back up singers as well as loud /powerful rock/pop music to go along with her voice which can easily cover up the unpreventable human flaws in ones voice. I think that's why rockbands usually sound the best live. These last 2 albums seemed to have more or less a soft sounding techno/pop music behind her singing consequently putting more of an emphases on her voice making flaws much more noticeable.

I understand what you are saying. However, I feel her recent live performances have been even *better* than her old ones, because they DO emphasize her voice instead of hiding it behind instruments and backup singers. I find that when she is concentrating on her singing, rather than dancing, she is incredible to listen to. I feel you are coming from the point of view that she is NOT a great live singer. I think she IS.

Yes that makes a lot of sense...I just don't get why ALizee doesn't just keep practicing everyday to try and achieve the vocal status she had back in the early days and also during Psych....she can do it...she just needs to practice more and more...

Uh, who decided she can't sing well anymore? Did I miss the memo? I mean, she hasn't performed enough lately to tell. A fan-made video from a rainy cold day when she did BB Bruenes doesn't tell me anything. (I actually thought she sounded great.) As far as practice goes for live shows, it takes quite a few performances to get the bugs worked out. Gwen Stefani, who NEVER lip-syncs, has been quoted as saying it takes over a dozen concerts into a tour before the band is firing on all cylinders, and they have been playing together for 23 years! These little one-off performances Lilly is doing are tough... she gets to rehearse a couple of times with people she has never performed with in her life? Every note and phrase isn't going to be perfect.

Agreed wholeheartedly. She has learned A LOT in 10 years, and can use her voice in many new ways. UEdS is a incredible showcase of that.

Um, I love ya Aaron, but the two performances you just brought up totally lay waste to your first sentence!!! :D There are NO live vocals from her early years that come CLOSE to those, IMHO.

Yeah, poor recordings should not be used as examples.
Wow, you really know what you are talking about! Do you have some musical background?

Yes! I really hated it at first cause it just made it not sound to good. But I have grown used to it. You can see it ALOT in the T@keo Psych Mexico Tour DVD...

And this one is VERY GOOD, she is only off pitch towards the start
She also does that little curl you are talking about here towards the middle of the song in Dis-lui toi que je t'aime:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuYkEPyDquw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuYkEPyDquw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
By the way...she looks amazing while the saxaphone is soloing...

I have listened to this song and its been stuck in my head straight for almost 3 days...I can't concentrate in school because of this performance:(:wub:

Love all the performances from that concert. I think this was a great example of needing to warm up, and then things got progressively better.

I very much enjoy the diversity of opinion on here. I nominate Azhiri to do the narration for next months video, we need to mix things up... and she knows what she's talking about, which is more than I can say for myself. :o

User22
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Marching Band:p Jk'n love ya Azhiri:D

Yeah, poor recordings should not be used as examples.
Wow, you really know what you are talking about! Do you have some musical background?

Band Geek...

I very much enjoy the diversity of opinion on here. I nominate Azhiri to do the narration for next months video, we need to mix things up... and she knows what she's talking about, which is more than I can say for myself. :o

Orion is already doing it...sorry :(

And she knows what she is talking about just cause she is band...a lot of people have musical background.

severianb
11-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Marching Band:p Jk'n love ya Azhiri:D
Band Geek...

Orion is already doing it...sorry :(

And she knows what she is talking about just cause she is band...a lot of people have musical background.

Heh Heh... not me, I'm impressed by even the simplest knowledge of music! Oh, it's good to know Orion is doing it... are there any polls or threads open about it?

And on topic.... I love LIVE Alizée!

Azhiri
11-08-2010, 02:36 AM
Hehe, yep! Band geek. :p