PDA

View Full Version : En Concert DVD Mega Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

wasabi622
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Wait so all you did was shove the audio forward just a bit and it synced up?

Noo, I'm saying all that under the assumption that for that song, they took the best audio and tried to put it together with the best dance/performance, but since she's singing live, they just didn't match up.

User22
10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Noo, I'm saying all that under the assumption that for that song, they took the best audio and tried to put it together with the best dance/performance, but since she's singing live, they just didn't match up.

Ahhh I see, so did you ever figure out if you got the fake version? Or if it was just a defective real version?

wasabi622
10-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Ahhh I see, so did you ever figure out if you got the fake version? Or if it was just a defective real version?

Neither dude, it's just the way J'en Ai Marre ended up being on the dvd. Watch closely on any version of it out there.

User22
10-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Neither dude, it's just the way J'en Ai Marre ended up being on the dvd. Watch closely on any version of it out there.

You gave me good reason to go watch it for the 69th time hahaha....69:D

Zeerre
10-13-2010, 08:45 PM

I didn't notice that it was out of sync, I guess I'll have to watch it again.

User22
10-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I didn't notice that it was out of sync, I guess I'll have to watch it again.

Got done watching it.....it was almost unnoticeable....but yes, it was just a little off-sync. But why does it matter when you know you are watching her dance the whole time:p:D:wub:

It was maybe like .1 seconds off though...

wasabi622
10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the difference isn't that massive, but it's noticeable. It's also probably because I'm used to watching bad quality videos online where the audio and the visual don't link up properly, so I'm always watching out for that kind of stuff. :p

User22
10-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the difference isn't that massive, but it's noticeable. It's also probably because I'm used to watching bad quality videos online where the audio and the visual don't link up properly, so I'm always watching out for that kind of stuff. :p

Yeah, thankfully people before us recorded all of Alizee's performances in very good quality for the time and somehow people have it 10 years later....its just crazy if ya ask me.

Just think, some guy popped a tape in to a VHS, waited for one of ALizee's performances to air, hit record. Then he put it into a tape to video converter, then kept it for a while until Alizee forums were first made and were popular, then he posted it there, then once youtube came out it was already spread to a lot of people and was then uploaded, and then it was soon out to thousands of people worldwide....insane....

mzracing76
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I watch the Alizee enconcert video several times, and have always wondered something during the AMELIE song....

around the 3:06 part of the song, is that Amanda Bynes at this concert? sure looks like her. has anyone noticed this? does anyone know if Amanda was a Alizee fan.

AMELIE - song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9LnWG1Ct6c

MZ

Future Raptor Ace
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I watch the Alizee enconcert video several times, and have always wondered something during the AMELIE song....

around the 3:06 part of the song, is that Amanda Bynes at this concert? sure looks like her. has anyone noticed this? does anyone know if Amanda was a Alizee fan.

AMELIE - song

MZ
Sorry bro that's not Amanda ... though I will say she does look similar! As for Amanda being a fan; I doubt it but I suppose its possible!

Junkmale
09-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Who is Amanda Bynes?
Oh wait....Google is my friend.....
Nope......never heard of her.....
Cute though :-)

Future Raptor Ace
09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Who is Amanda Bynes?
Oh wait....Google is my friend.....
Nope......never heard of her.....
Cute though :-)
She was a famous children comedian when I was young ... she was on Nickelodeon when I was young; kinda makes me feel old! I am not embarrassed to admit she was one of my first crushes :D

user472884
09-09-2011, 07:17 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/23sg4so.png

Sorry bro, that's actually this chick named Alizée

mzracing76
10-29-2011, 01:31 PM
At the 3:30 to 3:35 mark, does anyone else get the impression that she appears to be stepping on the brakes? Just watch her foot work during this part of her dance moves. Its weird how your brain plays with your mind, and how you percieve things.

severianb
10-31-2011, 11:14 PM

I love ya, Wasabi, but this is (fortunately) not true. I just spent a few minutes critically watching En Concert JEAM (instead of just drooling in mindless bliss like I normally do) and everything is perfectly synced. For reference, I was watching the DTS 5.1 version. It was on a 92 inch projection screen, so I got a good look. No sync issues whatsoever.

I have no doubt that they spliced multiple concerts together for JEAM, but any shots close enough to actually see her lips move are of her actually singing, or she is a robot who sings exactly the same every show. :)) (Which actually could be the case, now that I think about it... her rifle-bolt precision dance moves during her many JEAM TV appearances showed her ability to master a performance when she puts her mind to it.)

Jake04
10-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I love ya, Wasabi, but this is (fortunately) not true. I just spent a few minutes critically watching En Concert JEAM (instead of just drooling in mindless bliss like I normally do) and everything is perfectly synced. For reference, I was watching the DTS 5.1 version. It was on a 92 inch projection screen, so I got a good look. No sync issues whatsoever.

I have no doubt that they spliced multiple concerts together for JEAM, but any shots close enough to actually see her lips move are of her actually singing, or she is a robot who sings exactly the same every show. :)) (Which actually could be the case, now that I think about it... her rifle-bolt precision dance moves during her many JEAM TV appearances showed her ability to master a performance when she puts her mind to it.)

I think Wasabi was referring to the Mexican edition of En concert (the one on the right). I have synch issue with it as well. But the French one is good.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2130/canoncamerapictures7202.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/canoncamerapictures7202.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Scruffydog777
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM

AMELIE - song

MZ

guess this is the girl you were talking about.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3083/aditinconcert001.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/253/aditinconcert001.png/)

It's funny you should mention her. I posted a little video a while back that included this girl and I guess the young man next to her who is or was her boyfriend and this is what the thread said.

This is just a short clip from Alizée's concert . It shows the affect she has on a lot of men. This girl is apparently looking at her boyfriend and he doesn't even know she's there, doesn't even know his girl friend exists. All he wants to see is what's right in front of him. Bet he had to take a cold shower that night.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dGWaBWGBYmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bigdan
11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
It shows the affect she has on a lot of men.

Taking your boyfriend to an Alizee concert = bad idea.:D

Jake04
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Taking your boyfriend to an Alizee concert = bad idea.:D
ROFL! :2_thumbs:

Euphoria
11-01-2011, 03:17 PM

They did edit clips of different performances together, it's quite obvious. They also edited the audio, you can tell the difference when you watch videos recorded by fans at the concert.

Jake04
11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
They did edit clips of different performances together, it's quite obvious. They also edited the audio, you can tell the difference when you watch videos recorded by fans at the concert.

I'm not sure if you were referring to Alizee's voice or the audio that were removed or edited. But as far as Alizee's voice: The fans used either cellphones or low quality video recorder. I think it's not fair to judge her voice based on those recordings. Even Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston would sound bad using those recorders. :D

Bigdan
11-01-2011, 05:55 PM
If we are again on the "voice item", I must say that I just see a rebroadcast of Enfoires 2011 on TMC channel.
Do you remember this performance of the 4 singers around the piano ?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/408/alizeepiano.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/alizeepiano.jpg/)

It's not an easy song and Alizee voice is perfectly in tunes.:agree:

mzracing76
11-02-2011, 11:11 AM
DVD QUESTION - I have always wondered why the Enconcert DVD will not play on my regular DVD player? is it a certain format that my dvd player does not have.

however, it does play on my cheaper portable dvd player. what is the difference, I would rather watch it on a regular dvd player if at all possable.

I dont know much about dvd players (i mean, as in formats, etc) - always figured it had something to do with the language on the DVD.

MZ

WyomingGrizFan
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
DVD QUESTION - I have always wondered why the Enconcert DVD will not play on my regular DVD player? is it a certain format that my dvd player does not have.

however, it does play on my cheaper portable dvd player. what is the difference, I would rather watch it on a regular dvd player if at all possable.

I dont know much about dvd players (i mean, as in formats, etc) - always figured it had something to do with the language on the DVD.

MZ

Yes, there is a difference, at least worldwide on DVD Formats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Essentially, the "Alizeé en concert DVD" was published in 2004 in the PAL Format which is, as I understand it, the primary European Format; also the German as well, if not mistaken. The difference is, not in the language but in the frames per second. The North American Format (NTSC) is Region 1 while PAL is considered Region 2. The difference is NTSC is, if not mistaken, 26 frames per second while the PAL is 29 1/2 frames per second. One can not play a Region 2 DVD on a primarily Region 1 (North American) player. The reading device wouldn't recognize it.
I think, again, if not mistaken, the first NTSC DVD version of "Alizée en concert" was in 2007 and was made in Mexico; this coming in the DVD+CD jewel case variety, if you have but a Region 1 DVD player. But upon recent investigation on ebay.com only one copy did I find and that was going for $ 99.99
Most North American stores that sell DVD players would be hard pressed to even know what is going on in Europe insofar as the music scene is concerned, yet alone about DVD players that cater to PAL. But there are cheap, Memorex for instance, DVD players that play multi-region (1 & 2) that go for about $ 20 to $ 30 range, but there are plenty of others as well. Check out the Internet for "Multi-Region DVD Players," and that would be a decent start.

I guess I can consider myself rather lucky in having three copies: the French original in the slipcase; the German International as well as the 2007 Mexican DVD+CD in the jewel case, which, as I recall, only cost me about
$ 20 to $ 25 at the time. This in case my PAL DVD player broke down. I think I'm on my third or fourth one now. The CD version came in a variety as well, I guess; one in a slipcase for that and one without; of which I've only seen one for sale and I just had to have that as well.

mzracing76
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks, that helps alot, so its not language. Sounds like I am on a mission to fin region 2 format player.

Jake04
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks, that helps alot, so its not language. Sounds like I am on a mission to fin region 2 format player.

You can play it in your X-box 360, if you have one. Also, almost all computer dvd drives will play it as well.

severianb
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM

MZ

The reason it plays on your cheaper DVD player is the company that made that in China doesn't care about "legalities". They reduce cost by making ONE type of DVD player that works around the world. That's a lot cheaper than the way Sony or Toshiba (big companies that could get sued) have to do it, by making multiple types of DVD players.

Just thought I'd clear up that technical point. I have a couple of the cheap ones myself for that reason. The other folks have answered your En Concert specific needs well enough. :agree:

Edit:

If we are again on the "voice item", I must say that I just see a rebroadcast of Enfoires 2011 on TMC channel.
Do you remember this performance of the 4 singers around the piano ?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/408/alizeepiano.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/alizeepiano.jpg/)

It's not an easy song and Alizee voice is perfectly in tunes.:agree:

She busts out performances like that every so often which are just perfect. It's too bad she doesn't get to do it more. There are a couple of songs on En Concert that she does so perfectly, it's hard to tell from the CD.

Karin
11-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, there is a difference, at least worldwide on DVD Formats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Essentially, the "Alizeé en concert DVD" was published in 2004 in the PAL Format which is, as I understand it, the primary European Format; also the German as well, if not mistaken. The difference is, not in the language but in the frames per second. The North American Format (NTSC) is Region 1 while PAL is considered Region 2. The difference is NTSC is, if not mistaken, 26 frames per second while the PAL is 29 1/2 frames per second. One can not play a Region 2 DVD on a primarily Region 1 (North American) player. The reading device wouldn't recognize it.
I think, again, if not mistaken, the first NTSC DVD version of "Alizée en concert" was in 2007 and was made in Mexico; this coming in the DVD+CD jewel case variety, if you have but a Region 1 DVD player. But upon recent investigation on ebay.com only one copy did I find and that was going for $ 99.99
Most North American stores that sell DVD players would be hard pressed to even know what is going on in Europe insofar as the music scene is concerned, yet alone about DVD players that cater to PAL. But there are cheap, Memorex for instance, DVD players that play multi-region (1 & 2) that go for about $ 20 to $ 30 range, but there are plenty of others as well. Check out the Internet for "Multi-Region DVD Players," and that would be a decent start.

I guess I can consider myself rather lucky in having three copies: the French original in the slipcase; the German International as well as the 2007 Mexican DVD+CD in the jewel case, which, as I recall, only cost me about
$ 20 to $ 25 at the time. This in case my PAL DVD player broke down. I think I'm on my third or fourth one now. The CD version came in a variety as well, I guess; one in a slipcase for that and one without; of which I've only seen one for sale and I just had to have that as well.

yea... PAL is primary, but we can play NTSC too (i think)... like Psychedelices Mexico Edition, however its region 0 so...

User22
11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Here's somewhat full discography for En Concert DVDs & CDs.

Even tho there is Taiwanese CD, there was never released DVD in Taiwan.

Few other countries, like Mexico, has released CD too, but it's exact copy of Internationl/German CD. It only has sticker saying something in Spanish glued on top of it (on the plastic wrap... so even that's gone when you open it. There might have been word or two in Spanish mentioning the Mexican department of Universal in the back cover).

All except the Mexican DVD+CD (which as you might guess from name includes DVD and CD...) are single disc released.

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/stuff/enconcert.jpg

Just found out today that the french version was released as a Digipack (or carton/cardboard case) and I just found it in like-new condition....I shall buys!

Jake04
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
I guess I have the international/German edition. I always thought I had the French edition. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

I know the German and Mexican editions are different since I have both. They cut Alizee's speech after Hey, Amigo! and the audio is not 5.1 capable in the Mexican editon. I think they did that to reduce cost.

User22
11-29-2011, 11:58 PM
I guess I have the international/German edition. I always thought I had the French edition. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

I know the German and Mexican editions are different since I have both. They cut Alizee's speech after Hey, Amigo! and the audio is not 5.1 capable in the Mexican editon. I think they did that to reduce cost.

It just depends if you want the most original En Concert cd or not. So having the International is still awesome in my eyes :D

Jake04
11-30-2011, 12:23 AM
It just depends if you want the most original En Concert cd or not. So having the International is still awesome in my eyes :D

I guess another copy won't hurt. I've been playing my DVD a lot. Just a couple of hours ago, I popped it in "just to watch JAM," but ended up (as usual) watching the entire darn thing! :D

User22
11-30-2011, 12:48 AM
I guess another copy won't hurt. I've been playing my DVD a lot. Just a couple of hours ago, I popped it in "just to watch JAM," but ended up (as usual) watching the entire darn thing! :D

That Another copy won't hurt thing has bit me in the butt! I have several editions/versions/releases of most of her albums haha.

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Is it weird that I still don't have 1 copy of En Concert?...(nor watched en concert in its entirety?)

User22
11-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Is it weird that I still don't have 1 copy of En Concert?...(nor watched en concert in its entirety?)

:facepalm: What kind of TV do you have and is it HD? We've got to get this sorted out and get you to see it in all its glory!

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 03:02 AM
:facepalm: What kind of TV do you have and is it HD? We've got to get this sorted out and get you to see it in all its glory!

I do have access to an HD TV, so yes. It's just one of those things that I say I'll do, but never actually do. Don't know why, just is. I was going to buy it when I bought her other albums, but didn't for some reason...can't remember why...Maybe I'll buy it eventually...

And now, for something totally off topic, in honor of my 500th post...

http://94.23.8.188/~datavip/medias/0209/alizee-corsicajaccio-vip-blog-com-360318090220121642397113.gif

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/smithandwesson/model500_838.jpg

:gun2: Yay.

Jake04
11-30-2011, 03:18 AM
You're missing a lot, WhiteFeather! Watching it on Youtube or even the digital copy is a lot different than the DVD. If you're going to buy one, buy the international/German edition or French. The Mexican edition is missing some portions of the concerts and audio is 2.0 only. Also, there is a synch issue. I mean the video is about half-a-second late. The only thing good about it is it's NTSC so you can play it on any American DVD. But, if you have an X-box or a computer, then you don't have to worry about it (German/ French edition).

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 03:37 AM
You're missing a lot, WhiteFeather! Watching it on Youtube or even the digital copy is a lot different than the DVD. If you're going to buy one, buy the international/German edition or French. The Mexican edition is missing some portions of the concerts and audio is 2.0 only. Also, there is a synch issue. I mean the video is about half-a-second late. The only thing good about it is it's NTSC so you can play it on any American DVD. But, if you have an X-box or a computer, then you don't have to worry about it (German/ French edition).

Maybe I will put the money down next paycheck. I've been kinda strapped for cash since I recently purchased a new gun, but I do get a nice bonus plus holiday pay next paycheck.

You said xbox and computer, what about PS3?

Fish
11-30-2011, 03:44 AM
I don't think PS3 will play PAL discs. You can rip and reburn it, or buy a cheap DVD player that will read PAL and NTSC. Or just run your computer to your TV.

Jake04
11-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Maybe I will put the money down next paycheck. I've been kinda strapped for cash since I recently purchased a new gun, but I do get a nice bonus plus holiday pay next paycheck.

You said xbox and computer, what about PS3?

I'm not sure about PS3. I know PS2 won't play it. But, x-box 360 is not supposed to play it but, it does. You can try. If not, just hook up your computer to your HD tv and you're good to go!

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Now how do I know what copy I'm getting? Since what I hear about the Mexican version is bad, I don't want it. I'd probably buy it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322643267&sr=8-1

Is this the international version?

Note: I was looking at the back cover, and it says it is region-free. What does that mean?

Jake04
11-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Now how do I know what copy I'm getting? Since what I hear about the Mexican version is bad, I don't want it. I'd probably buy it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322643267&sr=8-1

Is this the international version?

Note: I was looking at the back cover, and it says it is region-free. What does that mean?

Yes, it is. Also, go to page 53 of this thread to see the different versions of EC DVD/CD.

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Yes, it is. Also, go to page 53 of this thread to see the different versions of EC DVD/CD.

I did, but the Mexican version looks identical to the International...

Jake04
11-30-2011, 04:16 AM
I did, but the Mexican version looks identical to the International...

You're right! I didn't notice it before. Here's the one I'm talking about. It's the DVD/CD combo (the one on the right). The one on the left is the Int'l/German edition.
BTW, the one on the amazon says it's "International" and in French so I think that's the right one. I bought mine from Amazon.com as well.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2130/canoncamerapictures7202.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/canoncamerapictures7202.jpg/)

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 04:28 AM
The deed is done.

Jake04
11-30-2011, 04:39 AM
Enjoy! On your "Region-Free" question: In a nut shell: You're supposed to be able to play it in ANY dvd player, whether it's made in Asia, US or Europe.

I know it says "region-free" but, it wouldn't play on my DVD player (May be because it's old? I bought it in 1999). But, then again, my PS2 would not play it either. So, I used to play it on my laptop until I bought my X-box 360.

More on DVD-Regions, if you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 04:49 AM
Enjoy! On your "Region-Free" question: In a nut shell: You're supposed to be able to play it in ANY dvd player, whether it's made in Asia, US or Europe.

I know it says "region-free" but, it wouldn't play on my DVD player (May be because it's old? I bought it in 1999). But, then again, my PS2 would not play it either. So, I used to play it on my laptop until I bought my X-box 360.

More on DVD-Regions, if you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

Thanks!

Sometimes I wonder, why? What point is there to region-blocking? Why bother coding differently? Why do different countries have different different electrical outlets?

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/25701/1831258-chewbacca_defense_super.jpg

And now I get to play the waiting game for 2 whole days...:nervous:

Jake04
11-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Thanks!

Sometimes I wonder, why? What point is there to region-blocking? Why bother coding differently? Why do different countries have different different electrical outlets?

And now I get to play the waiting game for 2 whole days...:nervous:

Once it arrives, it will mark the end of your boredom! (I read it on the other thread!) :D
Beware though! You might not get anything done while watching it! A lot of times, I'd watch "just the JAM" (because I've seen the whole concert a million times already) but always ended up watching it (JAM) at least 3 times plus the entire concert!:D

WhiteFeather
11-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Beware though! You might not get anything done while watching it!

Crap. What have I done?

...Ah, who am I kidding. It wouldn't be the first time I'll lose track of time during some "Alizéescapade". There was one time I actually (unintentionally) got into a staring contest with this photo.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1755

Needless to say, she moved me to tears (because I didn't blink for 5 minutes).

Jake04
11-30-2011, 05:20 AM
LOL! You know you'll never win! I guess, we're all "Alizeeholic" here. I'm still trying to learn to "watch in moderation" to no avail! Oh well, I'll just have to managed my time more and do some adjustments.

Alright. I gotta go. I've got to get up early tomorrow. Again, enjoy your EC!

User22
11-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah as long as it has Dolby Digital 5.1 then you don't have the crappier Mexican version. Which means you got the French or International :D

severianb
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
The deed is done.

Enjoy. Come back and let us know what you think.

I personally feel it's one of the greatest things ever recorded. Very professionally done, sound and video is high quality. Oh, and it's of Alizee at the height of her powers.

I upgraded my home theater to 11.2 (that's 11 speakers and 2 subwoofers) surround sound just so I could hear her better on this DVD! :2_thumbs:

WhiteFeather
12-02-2011, 08:59 AM
So, I got my copy a day early. I ordered it, along with some other stuff, with free two day shipping on Wednesday morning, got it yesterday.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1304174948/Victory-Baby_bigger.jpg

After watching it, this is what I think of it:

This has got to be the biggest waste of $20 I have ever spent. It was poorly recorded, she didn't sing well at all, and dancing if you can even call it that was atrocious. I can't believe you all talked me into buying this piece of crap. I sent it back, and am awaiting a refund. In fact, I'm through with Alizée and this site. Good day, and good riddance. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somethings to burn.
Anything visible is a blatant lie.

Very well put togethter DVD. The sound quality as well as video is leaps and bounds over Youtube. Totally worth the $20. Overall, my favorite performance so far is Toc De Mac, but that is subject to change. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for all this time.

You're probably wondering why I wrote it invisible. It's because I can and I wanted to. (And to see who actually checks for invisible writing).

:p

mzracing76
12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow, who is this dude, complaining about spending $20 on a dvd that he didnt like, lol. In the days of Youtube, Facebook, and other ways to check out things, this bought a dvd without checking her out first. What a moron. Why not watch the enconcert episodes on youtube before making a purchase you dumb**** ?

You cost yourself money on your own, we didnt convince you of anything, in the end, people are responsable for their own actions. The onlg thing we did was convince you to check out a French Pop Star, much less something new that you dont see everyday.

But to come online, on a Alizee Message Board, none the less and voice such strong negative language about a purchase, a performance, a singer you hate, shows to everyone just how much class you realy have. You my friend appear to be a typical leftwing nitwit.

We dont need you, thanks for playing.

MZ

DrSmith
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrkzn8W8P41qf087qo1_500.png

WhiteFeather
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Wow, who is this dude, complaining about spending $20 on a dvd that he didnt like, lol. In the days of Youtube, Facebook, and other ways to check out things, this bought a dvd without checking her out first. What a moron. Why not watch the enconcert episodes on youtube before making a purchase you dumb**** ?

You cost yourself money on your own, we didnt convince you of anything, in the end, people are responsable for their own actions. The onlg thing we did was convince you to check out a French Pop Star, much less something new that you dont see everyday.

But to come online, on a Alizee Message Board, none the less and voice such strong negative language about a purchase, a performance, a singer you hate, shows to everyone just how much class you realy have. You my friend appear to be a typical leftwing nitwit.

MZ

Maybe you should look closer at the post...

Look for the "Highlights".

Don't "Quote" me on it.

...Highlight the post....

... :facepalm:

MasterSprtn117
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Haha got me there too until I read the rest of the posts.

User22
12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrkzn8W8P41qf087qo1_500.png

BAHAHAHAHA :D

MZ

He has the most class of anyone on here for getting someone to blow up over a ":p" post. And he is more than welcome to express what he feels about anything...unless it is graphic or hateful to other members, or disrespect to Alizée.

Maybe you should look closer at the post...

Look for the "Highlights".

Don't "Quote" me on it.

...Highlight the post....

... :facepalm:

Fa ra ra ra ra....hehehe

WhiteFeather
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Since I don't want anyone else to flip out over a joke, here is what I really felt about it. Note: this is the invisible text from the same post.

Anything visible is a blatant lie.

Very well put togethter DVD. The sound quality as well as video is leaps and bounds over Youtube. Totally worth the $20. Overall, my favorite performance so far is Toc De Mac, but that is subject to change. I can't believe I've been missing out on this for all this time.

You're probably wondering why I wrote it invisible. It's because I can and I wanted to. (And to see who actually checks for invisible writing).

Sorry if I offended anyone with that.
I kinda figured someone would get suspicious over a large blank space, but I guess not...

MasterSprtn117
12-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Where did you order the DVD from? Is it the Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_3)page? Do you know which version of the DVD you received?

WhiteFeather
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Where did you order the DVD from? Is it the Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_3)page? Do you know which version of the DVD you received?

I got my DVD from Amazon as well. The one on that page (which is what I got) is the international version.

MasterSprtn117
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Sweet. Early Christmas present for me.

:2_thumbs:

mzracing76
12-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I apologize, i thought you serious earlier, lol.

MZ

Edit:

There are more than one version of the dvd? What is the difference?

WhiteFeather
12-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I apologize, i thought you serious earlier, lol.

Forget about it.

There are more than one version of the dvd? What is the difference?

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/stuff/enconcert.jpg

I don't think there is a big difference except that I think the Mexican version is of lower quality (?).

Jake04
12-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Since I don't want anyone else to flip out over a joke, here is what I really felt about it. Note: this is the invisible text from the same post.

I kinda figured someone would get suspicious over a large blank space, but I guess not...

LOL! You almost got me there, too when I saw your post this morning. I kind of felt bad because I was the one who encouraged you to buy that DVD. But, when I saw that you're still around two hours after making that post, I thought you might just be joking. I knew you have more class than that.
Nice joke! I'm glad you actually enjoyed it.
"Welcome back," WhiteFeather! :2_thumbs:

texasguy
12-03-2011, 03:50 AM

I figured you were joking without having read your hidden message. But, just to be sure I rewatched En Concert to search for any instances of bad singing/dancing that I may have overlooked....

nope!:D

WhiteFeather
12-03-2011, 04:16 AM
http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/mission-accomplished-thumb.jpg

Maybe you all should check my posts for invisible text more often...?

MasterSprtn117
12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
http://troll.me/images/monocle-guy/hmm-yes-quite.jpg

mzracing76
12-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Lol, everything about Mexico is low quality, whats new.

lefty12357
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Lol, everything about Mexico is low quality, whats new.

With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is really fair. Alizée’s involvement with Mexico has helped to keep her career alive. We have received both low and high quality stuff from her Mexico experiences. The Mexican fans have been fantastic fans and shown nothing but high quality in their organization, promotion and support of Alizée. I have the utmost respect for them.

In regards to the Mexican DVD quality, one must realize that Universal, which is a multinational corporation, owns the rights to the En Concert material. They simply saw an opportunity to make some money on Alizée’s rise in popularity in Mexico, and offered a cheap product in that market. There’s no doubt in my mind that they had control over the quality of that particular release. I don't feel it's fair to blame Mexico for the poor quality.

Jake04
12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
With all due respect, I don’t think that statement is really fair. Alizée’s involvement with Mexico has helped to keep her career alive. We have received both low and high quality stuff from her Mexico experiences. The Mexican fans have been fantastic fans and shown nothing but high quality in their organization, promotion and support of Alizée. I have the utmost respect for them.

In regards to the Mexican DVD quality, one must realize that Universal, which is a multinational corporation, owns the rights to the En Concert material. They simply saw an opportunity to make some money on Alizée’s rise in popularity in Mexico, and offered a cheap product in that market. There’s no doubt in my mind that they had control over the quality of that particular release. I don't feel it's fair to blame Mexico for the poor quality.

I completely agree! The Mexican fans are some of the most passionate and greatest fans out there! The way they promoted Alizee in Mexico was just unbelievable - something that we failed to do here in America. They deserved our utmost respect. We can even argue that if not for them, Alizee would probably be in a much, much more difficult position than where she is right now.

Also, let's not forget that without them, we would not have seen Alizee performed at La Acadamia and all those wonderful videos and photos that our Mexican friends have always shared to us!

amelie_alizee
12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello,

I want an information about Alizée's DVD (en concert): it's imported from France, zone 2...or is there any version which is multinational(playing all zones)?

Thank you,

Cláudia

Jake04
12-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Hello,
I want an information about Alizée's DVD (en concert): it's imported from France, zone 2...or is there any version which is multinational(playing all zones)?

Thank you,

Cláudia
If you have an x-box 360 or a laptop computer, then you will be able to play it. There is a Mexican edition that can be played in American DVD. however, to cut cost, the quality is not as good as the other versions. Also, some parts of the concert are missing.

amelie_alizee
12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
If you have an x-box 360 or a laptop computer, then you will be able to play it. There is a Mexican edition that can be played in American DVD. however, to cut cost, the quality is not as good as the other versions. Also, some parts of the concert are missing.
Hello,
Ty for your reply. I don't have xbox. I actually live in Brazil and my notebook is a Vaio Fseries(and it's Brazilian as well)...I found the DVD here but it's imported. I already tried to play an American DVD(zone1) and it was blocked.:whine:

MasterSprtn117
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Hello,
Ty for your reply. I don't have xbox. I actually live in Brazil and my notebook is a Vaio Fseries(and it's Brazilian as well)...I found the DVD here but it's imported. I already tried to play an American DVD(zone1) and it was blocked.:whine:

I think there are different ways of getting it to play on a laptop. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4274927)

amelie_alizee
12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I think there are different ways of getting it to play on a laptop. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/tips/4274927)
I read your link on how to unlock DVD players, thanks a lot! I won't do that though, my notebook is my cutie and I am afraid of damaging it...I will try to see if the blu-ray version of the DVD is region "free". Cheers!

JoeNY
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hello,
Ty for your reply. I don't have xbox. I actually live in Brazil and my notebook is a Vaio Fseries(and it's Brazilian as well)...I found the DVD here but it's imported. I already tried to play an American DVD(zone1) and it was blocked.:whine:You can download software that will make the DVD appear region free so you can watch it. Slysoft AnyDVD has a trial version that's good for 3 weeks, but I'm sure there are other free ones too.

severianb
12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Hello,

Thank you,

Cláudia

Hi Claudia! I love Brazil!
The version found for sale these days (on Amazon for example) is Region-Free, it will play anywhere in the world, as long as the device you are playing it on can handle the PAL video format. As already mentioned, any computer or XBOX can play it, along with PAL DVD players which are easily attained.

amelie_alizee
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Hello people, ty for your replies! I am almost sure my notebook can play PAL video format(whatever that is!) because it's a Vaio with nVidia, windows7, corei5, blu-ray...as long as its region free...is it a good quality dvd (oficial dvd I mean)? thank you again!
Cláudia

Jake04
12-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Hello people, ty for your replies! I am almost sure my notebook can play PAL video format(whatever that is!) because it's a Vaio with nVidia, windows7, corei5, blu-ray...as long as its region free...is it a good quality dvd (oficial dvd I mean)? thank you again!
Cláudia

You're welcome! Just hook up your computer to your big screen tv. That's what I used to do until I got my x-box.

severianb
12-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Cláudia

It is very easy to tell if it is a high quality version. In the description, it needs to say Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

For instance, look at the description on the Amazon webpage for it, you will see it lists both sound formats, and also notes the DVD is PAL and region-free. That's a good one: http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323487901&sr=8-1

amelie_alizee
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Ty for the information, it was very useful!

MasterSprtn117
12-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Got the DVD yesterday. Watched it last night/early this morning.

My thoughts:

:2_thumbs::dance::2_thumbs:

:)

User22
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Got the DVD yesterday. Watched it last night/early this morning.

My thoughts:

:2_thumbs::dance::2_thumbs:

:)

AWESOME :D make sure you go into detail with your thoughts :D favorite song? Favorite moment? :D

Jake04
12-13-2011, 06:37 PM
AWESOME :D make sure you go into detail with your thoughts :D favorite song? Favorite moment? :D

Be patient now. Let's give him some time to collect himself. I'm sure it's like he's got a hangover right now. :D

MasterSprtn117
12-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Be patient now. Let's give him some time to collect himself. I'm sure it's like he's got a hangover right now. :D

Haha, Watching her is almost putting me in a daze. I've seen some of them on YouTube before, but it's so much better on DVD. Good thing the DVD came after my finals....or else... :poink:

:p

Hm. Still trying to decide. Too many moments to count. :D Like when she stomps her foot when the music pauses. Or when she gets "squished" by the guitarist and bassist in Moi...Lolita. When I first heard it I had looked away to my netbook (DVD was playing on my laptop) and heard her do that yell. :nervous: What was that? I went back a few seconds. :mad: Why would they do that?!?! But after a bit I thought, hey that was kinda funny. :D

Not sure about favorite song. I'm leaning more towards the slower songs because she sounds amazing in them. :wub:

I wish I knew some French so I could understand what she says to the audience.

Jake04
12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
I wish I knew some French so I could understand what she says to the audience.

There's an interpretation of that somewhere either here or over at Alizee-Forum. Just google Alizee Forum or AAM en concert interpretation, you might find it.

amelie_alizee
12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
It is very easy to tell if it is a high quality version. In the description, it needs to say Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

For instance, look at the description on the Amazon webpage for it, you will see it lists both sound formats, and also notes the DVD is PAL and region-free. That's a good one: http://www.amazon.com/Alizee-En-Concert/dp/B0006BLIYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323487901&sr=8-1
Hello again! I found the DVD in Brazil and this is a store I like and trust, here is the link for the DVD...it says it's from England(Inglaterra) and it mentions NTSC...does it mean it is a bad quality DVD? here is the link... thanks! http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/scripts/resenha/resenha.asp?nitem=5085574&sid=711786250131215837984719681

User22
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
NTSC means its a bootleg :/ and therefore low quality