PDA

View Full Version : making sigs

Le Parrain
01-11-2007, 01:58 AM
im having trouble trying to find a sig for my profile.
most pictures i find are either too small or too big, i can never find a good size one. how did you guys get those perfectly wide pictures for sigs, did you use a program to resize the photos?

RadioactiveMan
01-11-2007, 02:09 AM
A few of us make signatures and a large number of people have sigantures that Bird made for them.

We take pictures of her, resize them, and add effects and text using Photoshop or a program called Gimp (a free program. I think that only one person uses it here).

c-dawg777
01-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah I use photoshop myself.

Sir Wood
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm the only GIMP (errr, user)? :blink: Are you insinuating I'm a cheap bastage? (j/k) ;)

Le Parrain, welcome to the forum! This thread might help you, if you're willing and have the patience to create your own. Although you can ask folks like bt_bird_90 or Amelie if they can make one for you.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=737

Because PhotoShop is widely used here, you'll probably get more help with this program.

Other then searching thru Google or Windows Live images, you can find alot of Alizée images from the Alizée America gallery (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2.php), and there are several threads mentioning where to get HQ pictures if you do a search. Hope this helped. :cool:

PS: Another freeware graphic viewer with a resizer is Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/). I discovered this when I needed to convert World of Warcraft .tif screenshots to other viewable formats.

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 12:39 AM
hello. thanx for welcoming me
yea i used to use ifranviewer for world of warcraft too but i deleted it since i quit the game not long ago.
but tried using gimp and i was incredibly confused, so i just deleted it.
but ill try ifranview if its much easier. if not then i can live without a pic for a sig.

brad
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
welcome Le Parrain

you can also check out Amelie's gallery for signatures, she has made a lot of really good ones. I don't think she would mind you using one of them if you see one you like.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=3436

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 12:57 AM
thanx. ill probably just use one of her sigs.

edit: and there it is. finally

thanx amelie, if your not ok with me using it just say so.

JCC
01-12-2007, 01:17 AM
I used Photoshop for my Avatar..working on a my own sig. Has anyone tried to use Flash for creating a Sig?...thus it would be running as a .SWF file. Or will a flash file be supported? I noticed a few animatedGif sigs...wonder if flash would work. Hmmm..:blink:

RadioactiveMan
01-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Flash can save files as .gifs. You could make one in flash if you wanted but you're better off with Photoshop unless you make the pictures in Photoshop and do animation in Flash.

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 01:23 AM
something tells me i shouldve payed more attention in computer animation class in high school haha.

JCC
01-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Flash can save files as .gifs. You could make one in flash if you wanted but you're better off with Photoshop unless you make the pictures in Photoshop and do animation in Flash.

Hmmm...nvr thought about saving em as .gifs in flash..i'll give that a try. Was thinking about doing graphics in PS, them animate in Flash.

aFrenchie
01-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Brad's right, the best signature program is called "Amelie", and it's available here ;)

Sir Wood
01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Glad you found an "Amelie special" sig you liked. I think you should still give GIMP a try if you cannot afford PS. Just like every other program, it's intimidating until you spend some time playing with it. I've spent many Saturday afternoons reading tutorials and just messing around with it and believe I've come pretty far along. Although I've not come close to reaching the levels of a lot of the folks here, and it takes me a lot longer time for any creative juice to run.

Amelie
01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
hey, Le Parrain, nice sig! :D and welcome to the forum, guys thanks for liking my sigs ^^ but i'm not the only one good "sigs program" here...:wub:

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
hey, Le Parrain, nice sig! :D and welcome to the forum, guys thanks for liking my sigs ^^ but i'm not the only one good "sigs program" here...:wub:

thanx. its yours and luckily i was able to find a JPVA sig that was less than 19.5kb. im a jpva type of fan hehe

CFHollister
01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
but i'm not the only one good "sigs program" here...:wub:

Yeah, but your the best... and cutest. ;)

Amelie
01-13-2007, 02:02 PM
how sweet CFHollister... :wub:

bt_bird_90
01-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, but your the best... and cutest. ;)

I see how it is. I thought I was the cutest :mad:

Spartan500
01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
rofl bt lol

Amelie
01-14-2007, 07:07 AM
I see how it is. I thought I was the cutest :mad:

your times passed :p

RadioactiveMan
01-14-2007, 11:35 AM
bt_bird the has-been? Oh my!