PDA

View Full Version : new fan question

Terry
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I have just recently been introduced to Alizee online. I bought both albums of course, but I was wondering about a question that probably has been discussed before, but here goes:

I have read about Alizee's hiatus and the various reasons. Was it because of personal reasons(ie getting married and having a family), a fight with Farmer, or being dropped from the record label? Any new takes on this while we wait for a new album?

Terry

Oh_Snap!
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
nobody really knows for sure. There was apparantly a rumor in the press that Alizée said she planned to take 3 years off...this was in early '04 i think (?).

If I had to guess (and just purely guess)...I would say she needed a break, she was burnt out, she got married, had a family...yada yada yada. Alizée is secretive about her personal life...as far as I know, she has never even officially acknowledged in public that she married or had a child...maybe someone can prove me wrong, though.

Rocket
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Aliz'ee is the love child of Elvis and Briget Bardot. She is currently living in a log cabin that she helped her dad build. Bardot ran away before Aliz'ee was born so she never got to know her. :p

How's THAT for a rumor? hehe

aditya8617
01-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Aliz'ee is the love child of Elvis and Briget Bardot. She is currently living in a log cabin that she helped her dad build. Bardot ran away before Aliz'ee was born so she never got to know her. :p

How's THAT for a rumor? hehe

people will believe anything these days!:p

mal
01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Im guessing that her unknown boyfriend singer got her pregnant and is now frustrating her career. For her to fly is for him to lose her or so he thinks.

I also have some suspicioin regarding her first arrangement. I wonder how much royalties shes getting from her music. She was barely known and Mylene Farmer, a veteran, came in and promoted her. Mylene could be gettng all the royalties.

Omg it just hit me. Maybe shes waiting out her contract with Mylene. In other words maybe she got fed up with doing all the work and only getting a salary or worse hourly.

We need the A team!

Oh_Snap!
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
What makes you say all that? Jeremy is her husband not boyfriend. They were husband and wife before she got pregnant.

TurinSZ
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
WTF is your problem your assuming to many thing's

lefty12357
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I have no knowledge of the details of Alizée's recording contract, but a typical contract would be for 3 albums to be done over a 5 year period. The contract is usually broken down into an initial period and 3 option periods. After the initial period, the record company can exersize any or all of the option periods. They have all the power. Since Alizée only provided vocal performances on these recordings, her percentage would be based on that, unless someone decided to be generous. Mylene and her publishing company would get a nice percentage of the take for holding the rights to the songs. Alizée's best opportunity for income would probably come from the concerts and live appearances.

Ben
01-11-2007, 05:05 PM
What makes you say all that? Jeremy is her husband not boyfriend. They were husband and wife before she got pregnant.
Not to mention that in a song (C'est si bien), he says:
T'aimerais avoir des enfants
Mais on est si bien tous les deux
On se suffit amplement
Which makes it sound like the kid was her idea! She always said she wanted to be a young mother, and she really meant it! :blink:

zpa
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Whooa now that was a little harsh :mad: Altho I gotta admit that I tend to wonder how things would have gone if Jeremy wouldn't have been around :rolleyes:

garçoncanadien
01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
ainsi soit-il.

Senshi87
01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
i believe everything happens for a reason :)

nurvonic
01-11-2007, 05:13 PM
the man!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_man

CFHollister
01-11-2007, 05:13 PM
mal, dude, learn what there is to learn about Alizée (and maybe some very import people in her life, such as Jérémy) before you get into the business of making speculations about her personal life.

OGRE
01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
You can get a lot of insight into Alizée by watching some of the non-music videos on this site (and others). One thing about Alizée is she is not your typical pop star. She seems more humble and down to earth. She still cherishes being able to just be herself, but is also very grateful for her fans. In one episode Alizée was in tears talking about about her fans. This wasn't faked, it was spontaneous and real. That's our Lili.

I have no inside knowledge. All I know has come from these boards and the video clips. If you piece them together you can see a pattern of a "break". This include marriage and child. Although we last saw her in 2004, she was in studio in 2006. When you consider the marriage and baby, that is less than a two year break from a work standpoint.

This is a definite transition. The transition from the teen pop star to the young adult pop star (we hope).

garçoncanadien
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
ainsi soit-il.

nurvonic
01-11-2007, 05:21 PM
ainsi soit-il.

you said it all man. you said it all

Ben
01-11-2007, 05:26 PM
ainsi soit-il.
ainsi soit-je. :cool:

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0007V5WRS.08._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

aditya8617
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Instead of speculating about past make speculations about the future as that would be worth discussing.

mal
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Instead of speculating about past make speculations about the future as that would be worth discussing.

Luckily based on free will I can determine on my own what is worth discussing.

I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am speculating as to what is going on.

Yes Im sure her husband and the father of her child are important to her. Im sure he knows that. Which is my point. Rather my question is ...how important is her career to him?

The length of contracts described above seems to support this theory to some degree. 2000-2006... Also Mylene was a well seasoned person in the music industry. Alizee and her family were humble individuals on a small island.

Yes she seems to have a wonderful disposition, this makes her quite appealing. But this also, to me, would make her vulnerable.

Im sure NO ONE has heard of any stories of any musicians being taken advantage of...especially not a 15 year old musician.

Theres no need to get angry. Its just a theory..rather its a concern ...

aliquis_venum
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Hmmmm....interesting.....very interesting...this is all new to me since I just discovered about Alizee this 2007. I have been wondering all this time why'd she stopped or disappeared for the last 32 months.:confused: Now let me recall what have been told - She and Jeremy (husband) got married, Alizee got pregnant and have a child,:eek: yet also there is no actual and official public aknowledgement from Alizee or no actual news story for all this events. Though this is more logical as to why Alizee have been gone for so long. Regarding Mylene Farmer, that's an interesting possible theory, If Alizee is getting the shorter end of the bargain in the contract,:( then it is good that she stopped and let the contract expire before she signed a new one with another record label to get a better and deserving contract. Also drop Mylene Farmer as a manager and get a new one too. One way or the other, I still believe Alizee music is the best.;) And I hope that if she did get married, that this Jeremy is treating her right. The last thing the fans need is a crying Alizee, this will definitely make me very FURIOUS.:mad: No one hurt our ALIZEE and lives to get away with it.

Also imagine our ALIZEE as a mother to another yet new baby Alizee if her bay is a girl.:p That is definitely a cause to celebrate!!!!:D All we hope is for the best for ALIZEE.:cool:

mal
01-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I hope my speculation is wrong.

brad
01-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes .. Alizée did get married and she did have a baby girl. I'm not sure what you mean by "official public aknowledgement", but she definitely had a baby girl.

In my opinion her husband (Jeremy) seems to be a great guy. Here is an interview (http://moi-alizee.us/wasp/wasp.swf?theFile=http://moi-alizee.us/media/Jeremy-2006-03-11-Interview-Tout-Le-Monde-En-Parle.flv&theVolume=50&startPlayingOnload=yes&popUpHelp=no&videoSmoothing=yes) he did that kind of shows his personality.

here is the discussion for that interview (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=713)

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
ya from what ive seen jeremy seems like a cool guy.
people just tend to get jealous of him and automatically start hating him but he doesnt seem bad.

SupaKrupa
01-12-2007, 02:49 AM
I have no idea what's going on in that interview. Them seemed kind of... hostile towards him yet he just brushed it off and kept laughing: signs of a good guy :)

Ben
01-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Well, as explained in that other thread, the format of that show is to give most guests a very hard time. To grill or roast em, as we'd say. But clearly the host saw that Jérémy was a bit nervous and uncomfortable (since everyone knew what to expect), so backed off as he said. It was a big favor, they must really like him!

aliquis_venum
01-12-2007, 03:38 AM
I have seen the interview with Jeremy. This is just my opinion. Jeremy seems to be a cool and decent guy.:rolleyes: He's definitely good looking and dressed well. I believe he also sings and has a good charming voice (based on the interview).;) I would rate this guy an 8 out of 10 on appearance.:D Personality wise, we cannot really rely on interviews or news to say that a person is genuinely decent.:blink: But considering that ALIZEE married him, we have to trust that Alizee finds him a decent individual.:) My best wishes for ALIZEE and Jeremy on their life together. :cool:

aliquis_venum
01-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Finally, I could be at ease and have a peaceful sleep at night. At least, knowing that Alizee did get married to Jeremy (who is turning out to be a decent guy after all) and they have a daughter. I'm so happy, very happy. It's really nice to hear that someone is there to take care of our ALIZEE. And not just someone, it is JEREMY, someone ALIZEE chose to spend her life with. Now we have to trust our ALIZEE on that. She was brought up well by her parents. If she gave her heart and trust to Jeremy, then so must we and support the couple together not just ALIZEE but also JEREMY, as he is the better half of ALIZEE. Now, I can move on and look forward for ALIZEE's return. Go Go ALIZEE!!! Hip HiP Hooray!!!

Le Parrain
01-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Finally, I could be at ease and have a peaceful sleep at night. At least, knowing that Alizee did get married to Jeremy (who is turning out to be a decent guy after all) and they have a daughter. I'm so happy, very happy. It's really nice to hear that someone is there to take care of our ALIZEE. And not just someone, it is JEREMY, someone ALIZEE chose to spend her life with. Now we have to trust our ALIZEE on that. She was brought up well by her parents. If she gave her heart and trust to Jeremy, then so must we and support the couple together not just ALIZEE but also JEREMY, as he is the better half of ALIZEE. Now, I can move on and look forward for ALIZEE's return. Go Go ALIZEE!!! Hip HiP Hooray!!!

your energy is great =)

Rocket
01-12-2007, 06:57 AM
As I said months ago, the bottomline is money. The first album did great, the second not as great and the DVD slightly worse. They either dropped her from the label or Alizee was waiting for her contract to be up. WHEN WILL YOU GUYS LISTEN TO ME. :p

OGRE
01-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes Im sure her husband and the father of her child are important to her. Im sure he knows that. Which is my point. Rather my question is ...how important is her career to him?

We don't know. In any case, I have a feeling Alizée is enjoying the time off.

The length of contracts described above seems to support this theory to some degree. 2000-2006... Also Mylene was a well seasoned person in the music industry. Alizee and her family were humble individuals on a small island.

All the feedback I've seen regarding the relationship between Alizée, Mylène, and Lauront was postive.

Yes she seems to have a wonderful disposition, this makes her quite appealing. But this also, to me, would make her vulnerable.

I too have concern over this for any young pop star. I have seen too many get used up and burned out at too young an age. The fact Alizée took a break is somewhat encouraging since it breaks the typical cycle. We can only hope and pray that the path chosen was chosen well.

garçoncanadien
01-12-2007, 07:44 AM
I have seen too many get used up and burned out at too young an age.

Could you tell me examples of this please? I am curious to learn.

aliquis_venum
01-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Money seems always to be a problem. I think and believe with my heart and mind that ALIZEE first album Gourmandises, second album Mes Courants Électriques and her dvd En Concert sold perfectly well. I don't even believe that her record company would drop her, it would be a very big mistake. Just listen to the many people around the world like me who just discovered ALIZEE after she stopped singing that we were all amazed to find such a heavenly voice on this world and be mesmerized by her beauty and humble stature. We now longed for her music even more and await her return where we can all again hear her very beautiful voice. She have already carved her name through her music in our heart and mind. I, for one, owed a lot to her music, which comforts me after a hard day's work and give a feeling of peace and rest my weary soul. I could even cry just thinking that she will not return. All I pray is that ALIZEE will be remembered as I am remembering her now - AN ANGEL.

aFrenchie
01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Well, as explained in that other thread, the format of that show is to give most guests a very hard time. To grill or roast em, as we'd say. But clearly the host saw that Jérémy was a bit nervous and uncomfortable (since everyone knew what to expect), so backed off as he said. It was a big favor, they must really like him!
Yes, that's what I said too. Either Ardisson found him too nervous and uncomfortable, either he was really positively surprised by the guy, like he repeats it ("I'm charmed") in the beginning of the interview, and then didn't want to bother him at all. He rarely does a favor like that, or at least he never says it publicly!

Oh_Snap!
01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm sure Jeremy's a great guy...hell wouldn't you be in a great mood all the time if you got to sleep next to Alizée every night?

Seriously though, he does seem like a great guy in that interview...never really heard his music...and as long as he and Alizée are happy that's really all that matters.

RMJ
01-12-2007, 09:55 AM
you got to sleep next to Alizée every night?

I wouldn't count on that he gets to sleep there everynight. You see... First thing to learn about girls: they make no sense !

That fact causes lots of trouble during life...

garçoncanadien
01-12-2007, 09:57 AM
well girls also think boys make no sense sometimes. So there is a mutual misunderstanding :p

mal
01-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Yea he seems like a good guy. He came to her support and her careers support when the announcer said "its over" and he responded no its not over. He also gained points when at first I thought he was saying he wouldnt appreciate dwelling on Alizee during his interview. But what he was saying was in response to some snide jerk who said "y cant we lay over Alizee" and he said no I wouldnt appreciate that much. As usual they were somewhat dismissive Alizee which I dont appreciate and he seemed like a good guy.

garçoncanadien
01-12-2007, 10:01 AM
that was a very sly wordplay by the audience member mal :D "lay over" and "dwell over" are the same word in French - they have more sense of humor than us Canadians I think :) although I see what you mean.

mal
01-12-2007, 10:05 AM

Michael Jackson started at like 5. Look at him now. Not exactly the picture of health. Kurt Cobain finally made it big and killed himself. Elvis Presley - drug overdose. Jim Morrison - drug overdose. Jimmy Hendrix - drug/alcohol overdose.

Anonymity is peaceful. Stardom + wealth is a life of expectation, pressure and scoundrels trying to ride your wealth or your stardom.

I guess I got a negative vibe from all the interviews where they werent exactly nice/wecloming to this superstar. Then poof shes gone.

mal
01-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Whats "la daasss" which the side announcer suggests putting the baby in?

garçoncanadien
01-12-2007, 10:10 AM
explanation by aFrenchie

[la DDASS is a social institute where abandoned children are sent, also where children whose parents are declared unable/incompetent to take care of them go]

mal
01-12-2007, 12:17 PM
explanation by aFrenchie

Omg omg omg

wth wth wth wth wtf!!!

Why are these people so rude to her/them?? I know thats the shows shtick but ive heard these innuendos everywhere. Are they that afraid of her?? Thats sick. I hope people wrote to the stupid show protesting.

garçoncanadien
01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
humans have human feelings. jealousy is one of them. When some people see 19 year olds be financially secure, pay their mother's salary (remember her mother quit her job to be Anny-Lee's grandmother), have a loving and caring husband, be working, have toured the whole of Europe, have international name recognition, and successfully raise a kid, some people get jealous.

The previous characteristics are things that everybody want. People who are not so in control of their feelings unfortunately get jealous, and the bad side of human nature spills out.

Also, to be married to such a talented lady makes a great many men jealous. It's not hard to understand why.

OGRE
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Britney Spears
Kate and Ashley
Macaulay Culkin

I could come up with a lot more.

The problem is show business is an ADULT business. There's lots of money involved, and lots of people. Many of those people are after the money, the fame, or the famous and don't care squat about the well being of the "star" (except, of course, to the extent the well being affects the money or what not).

It is hard enough to protect a regular teen from the normal vices of sex, drugs, and alcohol. Immerse that teen in an adult showbiz environment without some "solid" adult supervision (we're talking 24/7 oversight) and the teen star simply does not stand a chance against seasoned adult predators swimming in the proverbial waters around the "star". When I say predator, I mean it in all sense of the word (money, sex, drugs, etc.). It takes a wise and strong unselfish person (often NOT the parent), with the well being of the "star" firstmost, to keep them safe.

The sad fact, based on the examples I've provided above (and there are many more) is quite often these teen stars do not have that strong wise person constantly fighting off the predators.

Did Alizée have a strong wise person assisting her? I hope so. Only time will tell, if ever, depending on how much she reveals about that time in her life.

At 22 she is still vulnerable (as are ALL stars at that age) but much less so than at age 16. A star would still need a strong wise person for counsel, support, and guidance.

aFrenchie
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
humans have human feelings. jealousy is one of them. When some people see 19 year olds be financially secure, pay their mother's salary (remember her mother quit her job to be Anny-Lee's grandmother), have a loving and caring husband, be working, have toured the whole of Europe, have international name recognition, and successfully raise a kid, some people get jealous.

The previous characteristics are things that everybody want. People who are not so in control of their feelings unfortunately get jealous, and the bad side of human nature spills out.

Also, to be married to such a talented lady makes a great many men jealous. It's not hard to understand why.
Eh? There's no jealousy in those jokes! (if that's what you mean)
It's the "mood" of this show for everybody and you know, anyway, that they're just kidding you. Well most of the time. It can be harder and more serious when the guest is a politician, some serious writers, or just someone who deserves it :D, etc...

mal
01-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Brilliant Garcon! lol

Yea so all these superstars...See why I was concerned? Im not mean but there is some reason she is gone. Could be positive could be negative ...we just dont know.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-12-2007, 11:13 PM
What do you mean Mal?

mal
01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
What do you mean Mal?

Oh I just referring to the list of other stars besides the ones I listed which have had problems.

Regarding whether shes receiving royalties - I went to three music/bookstores. No one stocks it and many list it as out of print. Out of print...doesnt this mean that the producer is no longer pursuing this? If the sales had fallen off I would understand. But I dont think you can go from #1 in several countries to no sales in a short number of years. Especially when her popularity is continuing to extend to far corners of the planet...

My point? I dont think shes receiving squat from her sales. To an unkown? you make a contract - "I pay you $20,000 for the rights and I make you a star" What are you gonna say? no?! No!
The unknown jumps at the deal. Two years later your a superstar and the other side doesnt want to budge....See ya!

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:08 PM
lol time goes away
She wont be #1 forever more ppl with more songs will come
its been 3 years it wasn't yesterday

Ben
01-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Mal, what country are you in? If the United States, her CDs where never released here and would only be available in a store via import.

You can still find her CDs in France.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Well i was watching on a site she was #1 on the Radio and i didnt even heard her in my whole life by radio

I saw JEAM at tv but that was this last cristhmas and they are putting clips of her at 'La hora de la papa' which im watching from monday to friday :)

RMJ
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Does not look like out of the stock to me. :blink:

http://3rdw.net/paris2006nov/DSCF1428.jpg
http://3rdw.net/paris2006nov/DSCF1427.jpg

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:34 PM
RMJ thats from USA or Fr?

Ben
01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
RMJ thats from USA or Fr?
Look in the lower right corner of the picture... :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhh silly me :p thx snatcher ur the man

RMJ
01-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Yea, it's from France as you might have noticed...

This is from Finland... Don't remember which store but some in my city..
http://www.3rdw.net/060508_180215.jpg

(horrible quality, I know...)

mal
01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Very very different. Those appear to be used? And of course in France. When its out of 'stock' you ask them to look it up. When I did it was "out of print". Meaning that stores may still carry it but when they run out thats it. (includes their own warehouses). So once the retail runs out they cant order anymore. We notice here sooner probably b/c each store probably only had one or two a year or so ago.

Ben
01-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I was there when RMJ took the Paris pictures. They're not used, and they're not out of print because stores in France can still order more. Again, where are you located Mal? If in the US, it's probably just that they're not importing copies over anymore.

RMJ
01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, they are brand new. (in all photos, including that MCE album in Finnish store. Many record stores here still caries Gourmandises and MCE, or atleast one of them)

And those En Concert CDs and DVDs were just taken in one store (Virgin Megastore next to Louvre, I think). We (or at least I did... and I know Ben did too... It's a weird habit :blink: ) looked Alizée's records in every possible record store and each of them had Alizée's CDs. Some even had imported CDs (FNAC had Japanese edition of MCE for example) among the French ones.

Moe
01-13-2007, 04:25 PM
i found the Albums in every Virgin Megastore in dubai like 4 of them and they had the DVD :p

RMJ
01-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Yea... but it's Dubai... There's very few things you can't get there ! :blink:

chrelion
02-22-2007, 04:21 AM
I've been wondering this about French culture for a while now and this interview brought it out. Is the French culture . . . really centered around jabbing at people, getting their feathers ruffled? I'm not quite sure if I've noticed that - but it seems a common trait in a lot of interviews and with some friends of mine who are French. I'm not aiming for a stereotype here and it's kind of hard to accurately ask my question, but I do get that vibe a lot.

Machzero
02-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Came into this discussion a lil late but i like the thoughts aliquis had. Very well said. I have read most of your other comments and what ever the case maybe, I do hope she lets us know how she's doing. whether it's for another album or just for cameos. I have no boubt we would all like to see/hear from her in any way, shape or form and wish her well.

garçoncanadien
02-22-2007, 06:25 AM
I've been wondering this about French culture for a while now and this interview brought it out. Is the French culture . . . really centered around jabbing at people, getting their feathers ruffled? I'm not quite sure if I've noticed that - but it seems a common trait in a lot of interviews and with some friends of mine who are French. I'm not aiming for a stereotype here and it's kind of hard to accurately ask my question, but I do get that vibe a lot.

nonono :) I have been to France and mingled with the people there. Grenoble and Paris to be exact. This "jabbing people" is almost nonexistent; it's only a part of their TV shows I believe.

Rocket
02-22-2007, 06:56 AM
I was listening to talk radio while cleaning the house a few evenings ago and they had a link between the shows host and some people in Japan. They were talking about the difference in cultures.

The first thing I noticed was the way the Japeneese panel introduced themselves. One by one they would give their name and occupation. i.e. 'I am Mr. Motto, the famous comedian.' It seemed odd that they would add the word 'famous'. If Alizee were there she would just say, 'I am Alizee and I sing.'

Then they started asking questions. It was intresting to learn that everything they know about our (American) culture is what they see from our TV shows. They asked things like, 'Is it true that you lay on the bed while wearing shoes?' Another came out and asked if it is true that, when we go to a friends house, we are allowed to open the fridge and make ourselves something to eat. There was an actor on the American panel who had an interesting answer. The director of a TV show only has 20 minutes to tell the story. By allowing the character to go into a friends home and open their fridge shows us the closeness of the two friends in a few seconds. Interesting.

Edcognito
02-22-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien
ainsi soit-il.

Yeah! (But WHAT did he say?).

Those of us unfortunate enough to have had our High School French classes 33 to 34 years ago want to know! :P

Ed

Edcognito
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't count on that he gets to sleep there everynight. You see... First thing to learn about girls: they make no sense !

That fact causes lots of trouble during life...

We need to start teaching this lesson in 1st grade to young boys, maybe even pre-school! Would save women a lot of trouble!

Of course, not meaning ANY woman here, of course!

Ed

;-)

Edcognito
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Britney Spears
Kate and Ashley
Macaulay Culkin

I could come up with a lot more.

..snippage....

At 22 she is still vulnerable (as are ALL stars at that age) but much less so than at age 16. A star would still need a strong wise person for counsel, support, and guidance.

Drew Barrymore (although she seems to have gotten it back together).

Drinking/drugs

Danny Bonaduce (spelling?) (drugs/alcohol)

Lief Garrett (drugs/crime)

Is James Dean going to far back?

? ? John Bonham (drummer) (drug overdose)

Jim Morrison (pills/alcohol)

Lots of kids get blown out of the water around the "adult" music bizz... And maybe these aren't all "kids" so to speak - but good examples of what happens......

garçoncanadien
02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Ed I was kidding around with that expression :D

in English you can say "amen to that" when you say you agree to something... in French you cannot say it because aFrenchie will come with his police car and pull you over and write you a citation ;)

I was doing a word for word illegal translation and just meant to say that I agreed with the previous guy. :) you shall say "je suis d'accord" if you want to say "I agree" in French. I can say "ainsi-soit il" because i am in the corleone family haha :D

and btw girls are not confusing. if you take off your colored glasses and interact with women with a clear mind :D you will notice that they are similar in thousands of ways with men. i know this because the majority of my classmates ~90% are girls this semester and i got an opportunity to learn their ways ;)

rwd716
02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Does not look like out of the stock to me. :blink:

http://3rdw.net/paris2006nov/DSCF1428.jpg
http://3rdw.net/paris2006nov/DSCF1427.jpg

My DVD! :D

and btw girls are not confusing. if you take off your colored glasses and interact with women with a clear mind :D you will notice that they are similar in thousands of ways with men. i know this because the majority of my classmates ~90% are girls this semester and i got an opportunity to learn their ways ;)

Yeah, when your "just one of the gals" or it's a very clear non-relationship there's no problem understanding where they're coming from, but as soon as any romance is involved it's a whole new playbook.

atra201
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Britney Spears
Kate and Ashley
Macaulay Culkin

The sad fact, based on the examples I've provided above (and there are many more) is quite often these teen stars do not have that strong wise person constantly fighting off the predators.

Did Alizée have a strong wise person assisting her? I hope so. Only time will tell, if ever, depending on how much she reveals about that time in her life.

that will not happen to Alizee because she has more than a strong wise person in her life
from the first time i knew this star won't be like the others.

badog7
03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
As I said months ago, the bottomline is money. The first album did great, the second not as great and the DVD slightly worse. They either dropped her from the label or Alizee was waiting for her contract to be up. WHEN WILL YOU GUYS LISTEN TO ME. :p

Since when does anyone on AA listen to a dancer? ahahahaha!:D

Oui- its about the money- When a musican/performer earns a small percentage (if that) in the Net era of downloading- you have to be strategic- so you compose your own and let a 3 album contract expire. Its a sound and rational explanation for the delay. But perhaps they are negotiating for a better deal with a major label to get promo money..that also explains delays..:)

Ainsi soit-je? Thats the cover pic of 'Contrefacon' n'est pas? even though that song preceded Alizee by several years- its an interesting deja vu.. That song was about not being a boy..a curious pinocchio-like reflection on being a girl/boy in a mans world? Typical Mylene ambiguity..but it can now be seen as a simile for her hand in Alizee's career..so a very interesting choice. If co-incidental !... But this does raise the other problem-Il y un hic..:(
The quality of the songs by J Chatelain..-we know a parolier (lyricist) was called in which suggests Alizee has a big influence.., but we've seen some of J's musical work and Im not sure - he can produce the sort of melodies that do rock with Alizee's voice driving it..? We may see..:p
This is prolly le final issue- Alizee wont release if it isnt good- so to paraphrase someone else here-she wears the pants and calls in the next best parolier in france, after Mylene....:eek:

but why hasnt Jeremy's online site been updated since June 06?..he has his own fan base in france & belgium- so perhaps all energy is goin into the new Alizee album..but will it be Js album with vocals by Alizee? hrmm..:blink:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Since when does anyone on AA listen to a dancer? ahahahaha!:D

Since i was born. :mad: