PDA

View Full Version : discussion thread on the movie Amelie

blueskyy
01-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm sure there are quite a few people here who have seen Amelie, since it is Alizee's favorite movie. So maybe we can discuss a few things. Some things that I'm a little confused on are why Amelie decides to start helping others. She decides to do it after she finds the box, but before she actually gives it to the guy and sees his reaction. So did she decide to do it because it might help her find a purpose in her own life, or was it because of the Princess Di event that happened at the same time? And what is the significance of the Princess Di theme that is so prominent in the movie?
Any thoughts or other questions you all have?

zpa
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I saw the movie for the first time about a month ago on TV. I've never been into films of that genre, so I didn't expect much. But to my surprise, I really liked it :wub: I find it very touching :o I'd have to see it again to form an opinion on the question, but I think the Di event was like the last straw that set it off?
BTW, do you say "last straw"? :D Dunno the correct expression for it :confused:

blueskyy
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
yes "last straw" is the correct expression.

Yah, I guess that might be right. Perhaps Amelie thought that her own life might end and she should do something worthwhile.

aFrenchie
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I probably saw the movie in 2001 (when it was released) so I have little memory of it now. Except that Audrey Tautou was cute of course :)

Le Parrain
01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
i seen it like 4-5 times and i still cant answer your question lol.
all i know was that she was very lonely and she wanted to help people. and i still do not see what the princess di thing had to do with any part of the movie. well except the part where she said "petition to canonize lady di".

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-14-2007, 08:39 PM
bah I need to rent it or buy it :)

RadioactiveMan
01-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I hijacked it off of the internet. :(

I don't think that it's necessarily her favourite movie. Even if it was her favourite (not just one that she liked), that was years ago.

RMJ
01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be still her favorites (notice plural... people usually don't have just one favorite movie. And even in Lili's case we know at least two of them...)

Favorites don't usually change during the years that much. Of course you can find new ones but the old ones stays. (Unless you really grow out of them, like if they were some kiddie movies from the past.)

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it as her favorite movie even nowadays.

It's still my favorite, too. :) And I saw it back in 2001 in movie theater. Before I had even heard about Lili ! It was actually quite nice to find out that she like it, too. :)

Le Parrain
01-15-2007, 03:12 AM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be still her favorites (notice plural... people usually don't have just one favorite movie. And even in Lili's case we know at least two of them...)

Favorites don't usually change during the years that much. Of course you can find new ones but the old ones stays. (Unless you really grow out of them, like if they were some kiddie movies from the past.)

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it as her favorite movie even nowadays.

It's still my favorite, too. :) And I saw it back in 2001 in movie theater. Before I had even heard about Lili ! It was actually quite nice to find out that she like it, too. :)

yea my favorite hasnt changed. The Godfather has been my favorite movie ever since.....ehh 2003

and with the Amelie movie, where do you live? i dont remember that movie ever coming out to theaters here in california.

RMJ
01-15-2007, 03:23 AM
and with the Amelie movie, where do you live? i dont remember that movie ever coming out to theaters here in california.
Finland .

Amelie
01-15-2007, 07:08 AM
it was amazing film, i still adore it and everything about it...btw, i didn't know, that this is Alizee's favorite movie! very nice surprise because it's my favorite too :o

atra201
01-15-2007, 10:12 AM
well if it is Alizee and Amelies' favorite movie then it is mine too cause if two artists think it is good then it must be good although I haven't seen it before.
btw the footage in Amelie English vid is from the movie, right?

Amelie
01-15-2007, 10:20 AM
aha, you're right atra Amelie English vid is from the movie...

Le Parrain
01-16-2007, 09:33 PM
yay the movie is on right now and im watching it on IFC.
its on later at night too and im gonna watch that too.

funny my brother saw me watching it and he said
"IFC.... what kind of movies are you watching, next thing you know your going to be drinking coffee at a small cafe crossing your legs".
LOL

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Damn
I want to see that movie
Heard is good :o

Rocket
01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I liked the movie very much. Over the years there have been many movies that I would say was my favs. My all time fav to this day is The Princess Bride.:wub:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Ye i love that movie Rocket :D its from the 80's right?

Le Parrain
01-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Damn
I want to see that movie
Heard is good :o

it is good. it was a little out of my taste when i first saw it but i ended up liking it alot. plus the movie always reminds me of Alizee. actually all French movies remind me of Alizee, or any movie that is set in Paris :D