PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Plan On Buying The Next CD?

rcs
07-18-2006, 09:53 PM
I became a fan of Alizee June 2006 and can not remember the last time I actually bought a CD. Discovering her changed all that. I had to purchase both CDs and DVD from Amazon.

1. Was anyone able to purchase from a store when the CDs originally released or did everyone do the same as me?

2. How Do You Plan On Buying The Next CD or single?

P.S. Membership granted, thanks. Took me awhile to figure out how to post new messages even the 2nd time.

dvtq
07-18-2006, 10:26 PM
1 . if i can buy it in US , lol , and i will choose amazon
2 . buy CD , about single .... sry but i think i will download it :)

Brianh
07-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I will probably use Amazon.

Shep
07-19-2006, 01:08 AM
allofmp3.com if they have it.

cybersoil
07-19-2006, 04:29 AM
If you want to buy her music then buy it from a legitimate site, not some Russian knock off site that won't give Alizee a dime. There is no way in hell that a legitimate site can sell an entire Alizee album (MP3s or CDs) for $2.00 and still make a decent profit. Purchase the Alizee double (combined CDs) album from Amazon so Alizee can get both credit in her album sales and a piece of the profit. Of course I'm sure that we all know that the vast majority of artists make hardly any money from the albums at all but rather make their money from the concerts they do. The records companies and promoters make the vast majority of profits from the CD sales, that is unless you're someone like Madonna, who can demand a cut of the action.

Personally, I'd download her music (steal it) rather than pay some scam site any money for it. But when it comes to Alizee's music, I buy it.

-Cybersoil

RMJ
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll pre-order it from Amazon.fr or fnac.fr most likely. Or pick it up from Paris.

Depending on the release date.

Gatchaman
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Amazon is my first option. I'd like to use allofmp3.com, but I'm worried about giving my credit card info.

RMJ
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Don't buy Alizée's albums from allofmp3.

She won't get a penny from it. They don't pay the artists royalties.

cybersoil
07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
D'accord.

- Cybersoil

Shep
07-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Don't buy Alizée's albums from allofmp3.

She won't get a penny from it. They don't pay the artists royalties.

I'm not sure about her new album/single, since it's her husband as the producer and all, and I can't really afford imports, can barely afford lunch sometimes.

I've downloaded her music illegally before, as has many here. This way, I won't have the IRAA(or whatever organization she falls under) watching my activity.

RMJ
07-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Jeremy is pretty good with music. You should try his newest albums. There's some real gems. Very beautyful songs.

The singles extracted from the second album aren't very good but they aren't Jeremy's songs. He did them in collaboration with others. Which obviously was bad deal. He woulda have done great without them.

I'm expecting to see very lovely album from Alizée. Plenty of beautiful songs coming for sure.

Spartan500
07-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I will use Amazon.com to buy her third album

dvtq
07-19-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure about her new album/single, since it's her husband as the producer and all, and I can't really afford imports, can barely afford lunch sometimes.

I've downloaded her music illegally before, as has many here. This way, I won't have the IRAA(or whatever organization she falls under) watching my activity.
SAFE WAY http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5438/chao49ui5.gif , but i dont understand , you hate JRM ???
If i dont forget , this is the second times you criticize JRM http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6527/cungrn5.gif

About me , as i said, i wont buy single , and i will try anyways to ge... umh.. buy her third Album http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8594/009bl1.gif

Shep
07-20-2006, 12:09 AM
SAFE WAY http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5438/chao49ui5.gif , but i dont understand , you hate JRM ???
If i dont forget , this is the second times you criticize JRM http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6527/cungrn5.gif

About me , as i said, i wont buy single , and i will try anyways to ge... umh.. buy her third Album http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8594/009bl1.gif

Well some one said it best before. The guy is a Jack of All Trades but has yet to master any of them. I heard a couple of his songs and was far from impressed.

I have liked Ali up to this point and I'm worried about her future direction to say the least.

dvtq
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
will you left her if 3rd album 's not good as you want :confused:
If it not cool as we want ,i'm sure alizée'll know it before us , but everything depend on her , the singer cannot live with only one writer. http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5438/caunguyenia3.gifhttp://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5438/caunguyenia3.gifhttp://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5438/caunguyenia3.gif

Shep
07-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Well, I wouldn't just run away like she were on fire or anything but I will be disappointed. If I like a new performer's albums, I'll stay faithful. I completely understand if they have albums that aren't as good but if they are just pumping out garbage for cash, then I'm gone.

I think of it like a marriage. I'm married and my spouse is always faithful to me (keeps up with the good albums and continues putting alot of effort into it) then I too will be faithful. If there is a screw up, like she's checking out some other guy (she has just one bad album) I can look past it, but it puts me on my guard. If they start a relationship with some one else (continues with the bad music), then she's cheated on me in my book and we're pretty much done. I'll have the good memories (good past albums) but I can't see the relationship striking back up unless she comes crawling back to me begging for forgiveness (releases another album that is as good as her old ones). At that point however, I'd have to hear her apology through other sources ("piracy").

Kind of odd until you really think about it.

dvtq
07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
not only you, i think everybody have the same thinking too.

C-4
07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
I rarely get excited over any artist, but Alizee has me as excited as I can ever remember being.
I will buy her third album from Amazon and if possible, her singles as well.

As far as whether the third album will be good, bad or indifferent, I will buy it and stay faithful to her. Every artist goes through ups and downs in their career's.

As for Jeremy being a Jack-of-all-trades, remember that he is even younger then Alizee so how much exposure has he really had in the biz yet? It takes time to develop your skills and strong points.

I'm sure Alizee is giving him the chance to prove himself, but she is no dumby. Should this album not do well, I would guarantee that she will find other people to help her work on her fourth album. This is common sense and Alizee has lots of it.

acer
07-20-2006, 06:56 PM
amazon.com or .fr if i have too

Bob
08-12-2006, 05:40 PM
there is a %99.9 chance that ill but her 3rd album and most likely from amazon if not amazon straight from france..

Matrix
08-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Im gonna send an email to Jeremy Chatelain and ask him if he can hook me up with a free CD of Alizees next album. I'll just explain to him that i promise to let thousands of people listen to it here in the USA.

And I can rent one of these big poster advertising trucks they have on the Strip here in Las Vegas and slap Alizees album cover image on it and drive the truck up and down the Strip all day.

Jeremy I will promote Alizees next album here in Las Vegas... give me a call, we can work a deal. Actually have Alizee give me a call, id rather talk to her if you dont mind, lol :p

I will buy my CD from amazon.french probably, just like i did the Alizee en Concert DVD

Bob
08-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Im gonna send an email to Jeremy Chatelain and ask him if he can hook me up with a free CD of Alizees next album. I'll just explain to him that i promise to let thousands of people listen to it here in the USA.

And I can rent one of these big poster advertising trucks they have on the Strip here in Las Vegas and slap Alizees album cover image on it and drive the truck up and down the Strip all day.

Jeremy I will promote Alizees next album here in Las Vegas... give me a call, we can work a deal. Actually have Alizee give me a call, id rather talk to her if you dont mind, lol :p

I will buy my CD from amazon.french probably, just like i did the Alizee en Concert DVD

lol you do it in vegas i could do it in chicago :cool:

bt_bird_90
08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
I got dibs on Pasadena, Anaheim, and some of the nicer parts of L.A.

Bob
08-12-2006, 06:43 PM
i could probably get a lot of colorado and Utah i go there a lot for mountain biking and whitewater rafting, but to get to the trails/rivers i need to drive or be driven =)

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 06:43 PM
i could always back you up BT in the south bay lol like we got the money but man if we did

Bob
08-12-2006, 06:45 PM
i could also get lots of indiana and michigan, im driving up to ann arbor like 10 times this fall

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
hey matrix you made this thread into almost the same thing as the alizee marketing blitz thread

Señor Villa
08-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Amazon.fr and have it shipped express.

aditya8617
08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Amazon.fr and have it shipped express.

The usual way works with me too. How fast is the express going to be?

Señor Villa
08-13-2006, 01:45 AM
The usual way works with me too. How fast is the express going to be?
I had the DVD En Concert express ship from Amazon.fr and I got it in 3 days.

Bob
08-13-2006, 03:37 AM
i think ill have alizee personally deliver the cd to my door if its possible =)

aditya8617
08-13-2006, 06:12 AM
i think ill have alizee personally deliver the cd to my door if its possible =)

I will shoot you out of jealousy if she does!

RadioactiveMan
08-13-2006, 06:18 AM
I wouldn't want to trouble her with a delivery. I'd pick it up from her, though.

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:45 PM
no she insisted she deliver it =) i couldnt resist =P

mal
01-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I went to three music/bookstores. No one stocks it and many list it as out of print.

aliquis_venum
01-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I just discovered about ALIZEE this 2007. I downloaded almost all songs in her 2 albums. But I'm having a hard time downloading Abracadabra and J.B.G and L'E-Mail A Des Ailes. Can anyone help me in this? I am now planning to download the entire en concert.

RMJ
01-13-2007, 12:11 PM
No one can you help to download a thing.

Go buy them:
http://www.amazon.fr

Cooney
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
2. How Do You Plan On Buying The Next CD or single?.

In a store, in France, in person, on the day of release :-)

Failing that, online, day of release, probably from Amazon.fr or fnac.com.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Aliquis dont download her song -.- if u really like her u would give at least some money so she can continue and take care of her family

mal
01-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Aliquis dont download her song -.- if u really like her u would give at least some money so she can continue and take care of her family

My good man Zack. I really dont think shes getting anything from the sales of her cd's. In a differnet post I point out that her cd's..wait you read that post.

Yea its been three years....not nearly enough time to stop printing a number one album. Many less popular bands go one or two years between albums and they continue to print as long as there is demand. I cant imagine demand is low enough in Europe...EUROPE! France, Germany, Mexico (not europe), Belgim all the places where she was no. 1. Theres no way. I think she bailed b/c she got a raw deal. But im just guessing. Well see how it plays out.

Geech
01-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Amazon Is prob the only real good way imo...

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM
She isnt with polydol anymore?

Besides i was talking about her 3rd CD, it wouldnt be fair if she is trying hard and some ppl who say they are fans d/l her music

Unfair for me

Ben
01-13-2007, 12:39 PM
My good man Zack. I really dont think shes getting anything from the sales of her cd's. In a differnet post I point out that her cd's..wait you read that post.
We've had this discussion before, but it's very important to buy her CDs even if she doesn't see a single penny from it. It shows the record companies that she still has fans.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 12:43 PM
yey snatcher ur ma hero :D

i sometimes wonder are u a human or just a machine protecting alizee? :o

oh btw my main plan to buy her next CD is with money :p how could i buy it other way?

Canuck
01-13-2007, 01:12 PM
lol hopefully its out near or during spring break CAUSE IM GOING TO PARIS with my freinds and french class!!!!! =) And ill definitly buy it there, along with some posters. If not ill just use amazon. =(. this trip could turn out good she could do a live preformance or a cd signing haha i have an imagination. And if i meet her ill definitly tell her about this Site and all her fans in this continent. this i my first trip to paris any recommendations for places i should check out ????

mal
01-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes thats true regarding popularity and of course the new cd. I also suggest requesting radio stations to play a song of hers. I also sent an email to nbc asking them to bring her for the Today show concert series. I suggest you guys do the same thing whenever you see a venue/station which could host her. Her vid on google is still top 100.

garçoncanadien
01-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi Canuck!

I've been to Paris before. Check out the following places if you can:

Saint Sulpice

Esplanade du Trocadéro

Les Catacombes (and have a halloween party down there haha)

Versailles

The Zenith

Notre Dame Cathedral

Church of the Holy Heart (Sacré Coeur)

and of course the Eiffel Tower

Canuck
01-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi Canuck!

I've been to Paris before. Check out the following places if you can:

Saint Sulpice

Esplanade du Trocadéro

Les Catacombes (and have a halloween party down there haha)

Versailles

The Zenith

Notre Dame Cathedral

Church of the Holy Heart (Sacré Coeur)

and of course the Eiffel Tower

THNX hahah yeah ill for sure check out those places hopefully theres no big lines tho during spring break haha im in senior year as well whats the legal age in paris

Ben
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Here's a thread for you, Canuck:
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?t=3572
My answer's there.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
There wont be big lines since ppl are looking for beaches at spring brake

RMJ
01-13-2007, 03:21 PM
What to do in Paris ?

All you need is to walk out of the hotel and you will have so much to see that you will run out of time ! :blink:

No matter where you go, there's something to see.

Sir Wood
01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I agree RMJ, and the metro is so conviently easy to use. My only regret is not having enough time to take the trip up the Tour Eiffel

I'm surprise the Louvre was not part of your list Garçoncanadien, or is that to touristy. Then again, we go back to what RMJ said.

garçoncanadien
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
sorry I should have inserted the Louvre in there :o I feel embarassed for having not mentioned such a great museum.

I went there and you get to personally touch stuff that's a couple thousand years old!! That place is awesome, and Canuck please go there if you can. The glass pyramid is only the tip of the iceberg; that place is a huge and I mean massive subterranean museum.

Le Parrain
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
What to do in Paris ?

All you need is to walk out of the hotel and you will have so much to see that you will run out of time ! :blink:

No matter where you go, there's something to see.

yup. seems like its that way in Paris. but i tell ya if i go there.
the first thing i do after i leave my house/apartment/etc... is buy some french bread and walk around eating french bread like a french person =)
my grandma told me that when she went to Paris, the french people would stick the long piece of bread under their arms and eat it while walking around. but that was like over two decades ago so things might have changed hehe.

Senshi87
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
take private jet down to paris on the release day.....even if it cost me a fortune xD

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Ill prolly swim :) cheaper

garçoncanadien
01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
then Alizée expects you to arrive with a few dolphins :D

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-14-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL I hope i find some on the way :) ill prolly make 6 months to get there!!!

ILL START SWIMMING!

c-dawg777
01-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Just Lasso a couple sea turtles with rope made from your hair like captain Jack! :)

Senshi87
01-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Just Lasso a couple sea turtles with rope made from your hair like captain Jack! :)

(message too short )

:p

SupaKrupa
01-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh gawd a CD signing thingo would be absolute bliss. "Hi Alizée... err, do you mind if I take a photo with you?" (being the nice person that she is...) *feints.*

Back to the topic... Probably Amazon.

Le Parrain
01-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh gawd a CD signing thingo would be absolute bliss. "Hi Alizée... err, do you mind if I take a photo with you?" (being the nice person that she is...) *feints.*

Back to the topic... Probably Amazon.

i can't even imagine how id feel and react. plus a picture would make that moment easier to look back on and remember it.
:( *cry* i wish i could meet Alizee.

Oh_Snap!
01-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll probably order it from Amazon. I imagine it will take some time to arrive, so I'll probably have to find a download for the MP3's while I wait for the disc to arrive.

Oh_Snap!
01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
:( *cry* i wish i could meet Alizee.

If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Rocket
01-15-2007, 10:58 AM
It's easy, I tell my husband 'I want the new Alizee CD' He takes it from there.

atra201
01-15-2007, 11:09 AM

how convenient of you :D :D :D

Oh_Snap!
01-15-2007, 11:12 AM

Sounds like the relationship I have with my wife.

honey? is that you? :p

LiliFan788
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm buying her new album on Amazon.com when it's released. I got all my other albums and the Concert DVD from there. When videos of the singles are released, I'll watch them until I get the album.

CFHollister
01-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Either through amazon or my German contacts. Although, if it comes out any time around August, I might buy it in Paris myself:D

Le Parrain
01-18-2007, 11:56 PM
hopefully when her new album comes out ill have money. that way i can buy gourmandises/MCE/enconcert/3rdalbum all at the same time.

imagine, i open a box and BAM, the whole package baby.

Wraith
01-19-2007, 07:34 AM
either download it or buy it off amazon

marik
07-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I just discovered about ALIZEE this 2007. I downloaded almost all songs in her 2 albums. But I'm having a hard time downloading Abracadabra and J.B.G and L'E-Mail A Des Ailes. Can anyone help me in this? I am now planning to download the entire en concert.

download? buy it !,you dont have to download all the songs! you can buy it!,save some money! me my collections throw in the garbage truck by my brother but im saving money to get it back! so be honset to us also Alizée cause you a fan of her!:mad: misc videos is ok to download but if it is from her albums and her concert then y downloading? instead of purchacing?:confused:

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:20 AM
idk... Amazon or Ebay... you can always order from Borders too ;)

Killian
07-01-2007, 11:29 AM
I live in Ireland and looked everywhere to no avail :( . I looked on the Irish iTunes store and they only had MCE so I was at a loss. On a trip to New York, I visited Times Square and saw Virgin Megastores. Inside there was a giant International section, along with an aisle of French artists alone. Alizée was there. I nearly screamed with joy. I bought the Cd's and left. I don't know what I'll do to buy the new one except pray that they release it in Ireland. :(

espire
07-01-2007, 12:33 PM
If Alizée's producer/distributor believes in iTunes, I might snatch it up there, and then listen to that while I wait for my Amazon copy. Or perhaps I'll go the bittorrent route until it arrives... Who knows.

aditya8617
07-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I will decide when it comes out.

dano2769
07-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I'll research up on how much money Alizee will receive per cd sale. Of course this value $X < $total cost of cd. Then I will download the cd for free, and then mail Alizee an amount $Y > $X, but subject to $Y < $cost of CD. That way we're both better off than if I had actually purchased it.

espire
07-01-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll research up on how much money Alizee will receive per cd sale. Of course this value $X < $total cost of cd. Then I will download the cd for free, and then mail Alizee an amount $Y > $X, but subject to $Y < $cost of CD. That way we're both better off than if I had actually purchased it.

1) Even though it's Alizée that makes us buy the album, lots of other people worked hard to produce it. They deserve the money too, and just because it's not obvious doesn't mean they shouldn't be paid.

2) Alizée is going to make a lot of money on this album, and she's going to be very busy continuing sales by doing interviews and performances. It's not likely that opening your letter is worth the money due to the time it would take her.

Deepwaters
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
The next CD will be a single not the album. Hopefully, her web site will be back up at the same time and will include links for how to buy it. What I'd like to do is to buy a download rather than an actual physical CD, but we'll see what's available.

The album I'll probably get from Amazon.fr the way I bought MCE.

dano2769
07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
1) Even though it's Alizée that makes us buy the album, lots of other people worked hard to produce it. They deserve the money too, and just because it's not obvious doesn't mean they shouldn't be paid.

2) Alizée is going to make a lot of money on this album, and she's going to be very busy continuing sales by doing interviews and performances. It's not likely that opening your letter is worth the money due to the time it would take her.

I was only being half serious...I plan to buy the CD, probably through amazon.