PDA

View Full Version : Review Module 3 - Part 2 Sections 1-3

garçoncanadien
02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Review Module 3 - Part 2 Sections 1-3

That was a lot of material! Time to test your knowledge of the Composite Past Tense in French. Please PM me your answers to the following questions. If you have been doing all the questions and listening to all the audio, you now know enough French to follow small sentences. Thus, I have created questions of audio comprehension at the end - you can all now practice your listening comprehension :D

1. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using avoir as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé: suivre.
2. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using avoir as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé: commander.
3. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using avoir as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé: graver.
4. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using avoir as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé: écrire.
5. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using avoir as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé: acheter.
6. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: descendre.
7. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: se laver (being careful of the changing form of se; it does not stay the same for all pronouns!)
8. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: se promener.
9. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: se faire.
10. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: aller (caution irregular verb here; please look it up :))
11. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: arriver.
12. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: s'endormir (being careful of the changing form of se; it does not stay the same for all pronouns!)
13. Please conjugate completely the following verb, using être as the auxiliary, in Passé Composé, showing agreement if required: partir.
14. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: se balader.
15. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: naître.
16. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: venir.
17. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: rester.
18. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: mourir.
19. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: tomber.
20. Please conjugate completely the following verb, choosing the correct auxiliary verb, showing agreement if required: se voir.
21. How do you say this in French? "I went to Paris".
22. How do you say this in French? "I went to Paris and I saw Jérémy".
23. How do you say this in French? "I stayed (rester) at Luc's house and I had a good time (passer de bons temps; conjugate passer).
24. How do you say this in French? "Did she (est-ce qu'elle...) purchase the vegetables? Yes, she purchased them". Show agreement in this sentence if it is required.
25. How do you say this in French? "We arrived at the train station". Let "we" be a group of girls; show correct agreement in this sentence in this case.
26. How do you say this in French? "They went to platform (use voie instead of quai please) 4 via (use par please) the underground passage.
27. How do you say this in French? "We needed (avoir avoir besoin de; please conjugate both avoir's appropriately) more (plus de) vegetables.
28. How do you say this in French? "Did you hit the target (frapper la cible)? Yes, we had it (had = avoir avoir; show correct agreement with the last avoir please).
29. How do you say this in French? "She spent (passer) three days in Luxembourg".
30. How do you say this in French? "He washed his face and then got dressed (s'habiller)".
31. How do you say this in French? "He shaved his face and then blow dried his hair (se secher)".
32. How do you say this in French? "When is your plane departure"?
33. How do you say this in French? "I didn't declare anything at customs" (word order is ne avoir rien déclarer; conjugate verbs appropriately).
34. How do you say this in French? "He didn't smoke (fumer) at the restaurant because (parce que) it is forbidden".
35. How do you say this in French? "What airport gate did you arrive at" (word order is A quelle ____ etre-vous arriver)?
36. How do you say this in French? "You purchased a new sink".
37. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Jeanne sort avec Cyrielle".
38. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Luc se trompe de livre".
39. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Les petits garçons rentrent leur bicyclette".
40. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Papa monte mon petit déjeuner".
41. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Je vois beaucoup d'arbres".
42. Please convert the following sentence into the composite past tense: "Vous rentrez à treize heures"?
43. Please write down and translate the French that was said in this short clip: r3q43 (http://moi-alizee.us/share/Review3/r3q43.wav) (name spelled Gérard, city spelled Lilles).
44. Please write down and translate the French that was said in this short clip: r3q44 (http://moi-alizee.us/share/Review3/r3q44.wav).
45. Please write down and translate the French that was said in this short clip: r3q45 (http://moi-alizee.us/share/Review3/r3q45.wav) (name spelled Jeanne).