PDA

View Full Version : until Alizee's comeback: what are your goals.

Le Parrain
02-26-2007, 04:18 AM
we do not know when Alizee's comeback is. but i do have a set goal that im hoping to fulfill before she comesback.
that is to bench press 225 pounds. the gym is a great way to pass the time by the way.

a good strategy for me because i enjoy lifting weights, but i enjoy alizee too so i tried to make it a win-win situation
-if she comes back early, and i didnt hit 225 pounds, i still win (alizee came back)
-if she comes back more later, ill probably have hit 225 pounds, i still win (i hit 225 pounds)
-if she comes back and i JUST hit 225 pounds, 2 birds with one stone
-and there is no Alizee wont come back option, because she is coming back.

what are your goals?
and how do you pass the time waiting for her comeback (non-alizee activies only).

PS: i love encouraging people go to the gym. theres no disadvantages in it and its a great way to pass the time.

c-dawg777
02-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Well... I work. Then the weekend hits and I might go to a bar, go on a date, or just hang out till the sun comes up or I pass from exaustion. Then I get up and either go airsofting, or go on a ride for the weekend, or if theres snow, i snowboard, or if work needs to be done on my truck, I'll do that. None of that has anything to do with Alizee, it's just what I normally do anyways.

badog7
02-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Uh, C-Dawg777, whats 'airsofting"? Coz if its like para-sailing, did you hear what happened out here to that Deutsche girl? EEK!
Im worried 'bout the Godfather, are you taking steroids for that, Le Parrain?
Vive Alizee

JCC
02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Um, didn't know the world revolved around Alizee! :confused: For some, i guess it does...i'm not as fanaticly obsessed as some of u..just a HUGE fan. But that may change when the big day happens

Well, to pass the time..things i'll do till then....just live life: Surf (http://surfcityusa.com), Work, Surf, Play Paintball (http://www.scvillage.com), work, snowboard (http://www.Mthigh.com), Drink, & hang out w/friends

atra201
02-26-2007, 10:54 AM
i'll continue studying in college until i get my computer science degree
then go to work and make some money and so on.

RadioactiveMan
02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't have any goals because I've already perfected body, mind, and soul. Otherwise I'd be right there with you guys!

Senshi87
02-26-2007, 01:35 PM
get good grades som im worthy of Alizee :P

c-dawg777
02-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Um, didn't know the world revolved around Alizee! :confused: For some, i guess it does...i'm not as fanaticly obsessed as some of u..just a HUGE fan. But that may change when the big day happens

Well, to pass the time..things i'll do till then....just live life: Surf (http://surfcityusa.com), Work, Surf, Play Paintball (http://www.scvillage.com), work, snowboard (http://www.Mthigh.com), Drink, & hang out w/friends

I'm right there with ya dude...

Rocket
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
My goals: Live fast, love hard, die young and leave a beautiful memory

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
My goal : we rich

to pass the time : im at msn and make money .:eek:.

NANAKI
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
my goal is to get under 150 lbs I am currently 161 and I am 5'6" 7.6% body Fat also clear twelve feet in the polevault

DesertFox
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Save the world...

Im not kidding by the way. :)

DJ_Greg
02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Well... I work. Then the weekend hits and I might go to a bar, go on a date, or just hang out till the sun comes up or I pass from exhaustion. Then I get up and either go airsofting, or go on a ride for the weekend, or if theres snow, i snowboard, or if work needs to be done on my truck, I'll do that. None of that has anything to do with Alizee, it's just what I normally do anyways.

Pretty much my experience of late.

Le Parrain
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
i have an airsoft ak-47. i dont understand how airsofting would be anything like paintball, how would you know you got hit?
or how woudl you know a person got hit?

although it does sound fun because ive seen people airsofting with replicas of real guns such as m16's, ak's, m4's, mp5's and stuff. id rather play with those than a tube that shoots out paint. maybe i just played too much counterstrike in the old days.

RadioactiveMan
02-27-2007, 01:44 AM

You want to die before the next album comes out? ;)

c-dawg777
02-27-2007, 02:42 AM
i have an airsoft ak-47. i dont understand how airsofting would be anything like paintball, how would you know you got hit?
or how woudl you know a person got hit?

although it does sound fun because ive seen people airsofting with replicas of real guns such as m16's, ak's, m4's, mp5's and stuff. id rather play with those than a tube that shoots out paint. maybe i just played too much counterstrike in the old days.

First I play with my friends so it's an honor system... if we play with outsiders i bring out my hard hitter so they can't lie about being hit... It'll draw blood if you get a direct hit from less than 50feet away. The most well known name brand, manufacturers are Tokyo marui, Classic Army, ICS, G&P, G&G, and systema. If you have any of those then you're good to go.

RadioactiveMan
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
People admit that they've been hit because if they don't then the other guys wont stop shooting.

Edcognito
02-27-2007, 11:59 AM

I thought the same thing, but now since i'm Older, i've slowed down, i love soft, and i'm past dying young... As for the memory? I'm making memories every day with my children, my wife, and my dogs...

until the 3rd album comes out..... then... ;)

ed

aditya8617
02-27-2007, 04:50 PM
My goals graduate very fast and get a job so that I can actually buy all the stuff related to her third album.

marik
06-26-2007, 05:18 AM
My goals graduate very fast and get a job so that I can actually buy all the stuff related to her third album.

me too!:) have to buy all of her stuff's cause of her good or veryverygood effort!:)

OGRE
06-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I thought the same thing, but now since i'm Older, i've slowed down, i love soft, and i'm past dying young... As for the memory? I'm making memories every day with my children, my wife, and my dogs...

until the 3rd album comes out..... then... ;)

ed

Dammit Ed, my response was so close to yours it ain't even worth posting now. Well, I'll go ahead anyway: "Live slow, love soft, die old and see everyone else's beautiful memory"

Le Parrain
06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
wow i remember making this thread a long time ago.

and yea the goal i had as you see in the 1st page was to hit a 225 max bench press. im close, im at 215pounds.
so hopefully alizee does come back before my chest gets 10 pounds stronger =)

riva2model64
06-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Please tell me you're a girl. No guy should weigh that little.

BTW, Deerfield? I live in Lake Zurich.

argh, you're making me self-conscious!! I've been ashamed of my light weight for quite a while. back in 11th grade, I lifted like a maniac trying to get my weight up. . I went to the school gym afterschool as much as I could (usually did track, but not that year) and also signed up for a weight lifting class. I did squats, all those leg machines, bench, curls, flys, powerclean, clean and jerk, deadlifts and the like. The result? after a few months, my paltry weight of about 122 lbs. increased to a peak of 135 lbs (start of summer vacation). but I still was no way near as strong as many of the guys in the weight room. they were bigger and a lot stronger. . I decided just to give up on weight-lifting, realizing that I am a weakling. I'm about 5'8 now, and have lost weight since I stopped lifting.

being thin does have it's advantages, though. you are quicker and more agile than your friends. when youtake a body shot, you are more likely to be pushed back rather than absorbing all the kinetic energy. and ppl tend to underestimate your physical abilities. . I found that out when I wrestled my 220 lb. football player friend.

marik
06-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Dammit Ed, my response was so close to yours it ain't even worth posting now. Well, I'll go ahead anyway: "Live slow, love soft, die old and see everyone else's beautiful memory"

dont say that OGRE! Alizée will make your life like an teenager! feel that!:p

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
If she meets my prediction and releases the single on 4th July, my goal before then is to finish the first draft of my book.

If she takes any longer than that, it's to get the book completely finished.

If she takes so long that I'm actually published and famous before she comes back, my goal is to travel to Paris, kidnap all parties concerned, and lock them in a room together until they quit fartin' around. :p

OGRE
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
being thin does have it's advantages, though. you are quicker and more agile than your friends. when youtake a body shot, you are more likely to be pushed back rather than absorbing all the kinetic energy. and ppl tend to underestimate your physical abilities. . I found that out when I wrestled my 220 lb. football player friend.

So true...but so long ago for me. When I was young, skinny, and geeky looking, everyone underestimated my speed and my sports smarts. I suspect it was as much the geeky part as anything else. The beauty of being underestimated is in sports you can use it to great advantage by preying on your opponent's preconceptions.

As wideout, I would lull the cornerbacks and linebackers into a coverage pattern by running 80% when I wasn't primary receiver. Then pull a 100% on a primary route.

As cornerback, I would line up slightly out of position and act stupid like I wasn't paying attention. To this day, I still remember those times watching (out of corner of my eye) the eye contact between wide receiver and QB as they came to the line...thinking they had a spot...on that geeky looking skinny guy.

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
argh, you're making me self-conscious!! I've been ashamed of my light weight for quite a while.

That's kind of crazy. You're 5'6" and weigh 161 (that's 168 cm and 73 kg for those not using barbarian measurements). Supposedly "ideal" weight for that height for an adult male is 54-71 kg, which means you're actually very slightly overweight, although a long way from dangerously.

I'm pretty much in the same place you are, allowing for height difference, being 6' at 190 (or 183 cm at 86 kg) and I'd like to get down to about 80 kg. Right after I got worked over by The Monster (my ex-girlfriend) I gained a whole lot of weight and looked like crap, but I've lost most of that over the last few months. Just want to get rid of that last little bit.

back in 11th grade, I lifted like a maniac trying to get my weight up

If you really want to do that (which you shouldn't) diet is as important as exercise. You'd want to eat a lot of high-protein stuff and just eat more in general. Eating more lets you gain weight, working out makes sure you put the weight on as muscle rather than fat.

But unless you're playing American football or something, it's not a good idea IMO.

riva2model64
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
That's kind of crazy. You're 5'6" and weigh 161

huh? where'd you get that figure from? I wrote that I was 122 lbs. and worked it up to 135 lbs. . now I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs. or so. I lost weight since I gave up on lifting.

thanks for the advice though. I did drink those protein shakes and had lots of milk. I'm just a weakling, though.

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Sorry Riva I was confusing your post with Nanaki's. My bad. :cool:

Joey_adore_Jung
06-28-2007, 02:41 AM
me what i'll do for goals are,
1) get a hair cut
2) get a real job other than teaching TKD.

marik
06-28-2007, 03:03 AM
me what i'll do for goals are,
1) get a hair cut
2) get a real job other than teaching TKD.

nice goals joey!
heehehe

hope you wont mind but i think i can kick high!:p
like Alizée do her recent pics!:p

espire
06-28-2007, 03:19 AM
I want to convert Gourmandises' lyrics in to a song for a male to sing, and then be able to sing those lyrics while playing it on piano.

atra201
06-29-2007, 12:18 AM
on the short term my goals are to inish college
on the shorter term they are to eat breakfast.

espire
06-29-2007, 12:25 AM
The internet is so much fun... I'll be eating breakfast in about 12 hours!

atra201
06-29-2007, 12:42 AM
The internet is so much fun... I'll be eating breakfast in about 12 hours!
what time is it in canada ?
here it is 7:45 am

espire
06-29-2007, 12:50 AM
In Canada, it's just before 1:00 AM. Where are you?

Deepwaters
06-29-2007, 01:02 AM

Well, to be precise, that's what time it is in Toronto (or New York). In Vancouver (or San Francisco) it's only 10 pm. Canada's a big country with multiple time zones.

atra201
06-29-2007, 01:37 AM
i'm in saudi arabia