PDA

View Full Version : Do you know alizee's favorite food?

alizeebrother
07-22-2006, 01:35 PM
snail?food is noble . By the way alizee eat something frequently.

Matrix
07-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I think its zucchini :eek: Alizee I joke, I know that zucchini make you sick, just joking.

Ben
07-22-2006, 02:52 PM
From alizee-fanpage.com:
"Favourite meal: Asian kitchen"

Spartan500
07-22-2006, 08:39 PM
From alizee-fanpage.com:
I guess thats where we shoulda looked first for this answer

dvtq
07-22-2006, 09:19 PM
i guess we should make a rule for this problem .

Spartan500
07-22-2006, 09:20 PM
i guess we should make a rule for this problem .
what have brad set up a rule thread( if there isn't one already)

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 03:02 AM
What is Asian Kitchen?

nurvonic
07-23-2006, 03:13 AM
im guessin asian kitchen is chinese food or japanese food. hell, it could even be mangolian food, but who here has ever tastes mangolian food? im guessin its chinese food cuz thats also one of my favorites

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 06:39 AM
I know it must be some sort of food, but what the heck is kitchen? Ever heard of a dish named kitchen!

Spartan500
07-23-2006, 09:52 AM
it could always be an asian resturant they always have weird names

Matrix
07-23-2006, 05:49 PM
asian kitchen- it means Alizee likes...

salads
soups
noodles
stir fries
meat
fish

Does it mean she likes food spicy? Not necessarily, but I would assume so.

aFrenchie
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
From alizee-fanpage.com:
"Favourite meal: Asian kitchen"What is Asian Kitchen?
Your confusion about "Asian kitchen" is due to online translators again:
Sure as hell (I haven't seen the original), Alizée told "Cuisine asiatique" and the translator should have translated: "Asian cooking" instead. She won't eat their kitchen! :D
In French, "cuisine" may mean "kitchen" indeed but also "cooking" or "cuisine" (English has that word too, from the French I think)

aditya8617
08-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Well that clears all the confusion. Thanks.:)

Ben
08-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Your confusion about "Asian kitchen" is due to online translators again:
Don't blame us, that list comes from the English version of Alizée's official site (moi-alizee.com) when it was still online! :)

brad
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
i always thought asian kitchen must have been some kind of, do-it-yourself chinese dinner kit .. kinda like those taco kits. lol

thanks for clearing this up

Spartan500
08-03-2006, 12:26 AM
i always thought asian kitchen must have been some kind of, do-it-yourself chinese dinner kit .. kinda like those taco kits. lol

thanks for clearing this up
I just thought it was asian food in general

riva2model64
08-03-2006, 12:33 AM
As a native speaker of English, I know that English is weird, esp to foreigners. Taking Spanish in high school, I know that there are a lot more grammatical and other linguistic exceptions in the English language, and based on friends, I'm sure that French is just as consistent as Spanish. In English, there can be a million formal definitions for a given word (I'm not sure if it's the same with French, please excuse me etymology is hard), and the English language has the most words out of any language ( ithink) so can be confusing. . .

here's dictionary.com definitions for "kitchen"
"Kitchen
A room or an area equipped for preparing and cooking food.
A style of cooking; cuisine: a restaurant with a fine French kitchen.
A staff that prepares, cooks, and serves food."

and yeah English language steals a lot of words from the French language and others
well, English is good for writing poems i guess, since you can be descriptive

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
In English, there can be a million formal definitions for a given word (I'm not sure if it's the same with French, please excuse me etymology is hard), and the English language has the most words out of any language ( ithink) so can be confusing. . .
Sure "Cuisine" must be one of some exceptions! I've always heard that latin languages such as French or Italian have way more words to define things, ideas, etc.

and yeah English language steals a lot of words from the French language
40% of the English language! (no less) :) :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_French_origin
See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_phrases_used_by_English_speakers

riva2model64
08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
40% of the English language is taken from the French language?!
That's incredible! And some of the English words taken from French we actually pronounce in the real French way (or close to), such as mignon and rendezvous just to name a coup[le

And I suppose you may be right in that the French and other similar latin languages are more articulate, I wouldn't know. Yes, I don't know how many descriptive words other latin languages have compared to English, so your argument has merit. I was just assuming because the English language has so many words. I don't want to get across as an arrogant American to you:o

aditya8617
08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
If English is 40% French then how come I can't pronounce even a single word properly in French! I wish french was the language of the world and not english, that way I would understand Alizee and French soccer quite well!.

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 03:13 PM
I don't want to get across as an arrogant American to you:o
No problem :)

If English is 40% French then how come I can't pronounce even a single word properly in French!
In the 2nd link above:
"They are now pronounced according to English rules of orthography, rather than French."

Matrix
08-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Most words in English are derived from LATIN.... therefore it stands to reason most French words are also derived from LATIN

I took a year of latin in high school here in USA... and was shocked as to how many words in English were derived from LATIN

The Latin derivative... ever hear of it?

aFrenchie
08-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Most words in English are derived from LATIN.... therefore it stands to reason most French words are also derived from LATIN

I took a year of latin in high school here in USA... and was shocked as to how many words in English were derived from LATIN
English has no straight Latin base! Only via French for 40%, based itself on latin indeed, way before 1066 (link).

DJ_Greg
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Actually I think English is most directly derived from German, isn't it?

aFrenchie
08-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Actually I think English is most directly derived from German, isn't it?
Links again:

EDIT: corrupted links removed...

DJ_Greg
08-05-2006, 08:36 PM
aFrenchie, none of those links seem to work.

But I did find this on Wikipedia:
English and German are both descended from the West Germanic language, though their relationship has been obscured by the large influx of Norman French words into English from the Norman Conquest of 1066 and the second Germanic sound shift. In recent years, however, many English words have been borrowed directly from German. Typically English spellings of German loanwords suppress any umlauts (the accent over Ä, Ö, Ü, ä, ö and ü) of the original artifact.

English and German are descended from the same common ancestor, called Proto-Germanic. Because of this, a number of English words are identical to their German counterparts either in spelling (Hand, Finger) or in pronunciation (Fish = Fisch). These words are excluded from this list.

aFrenchie
08-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Oops sorry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_French_origin
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_phrases_used_by_English_speakers

Bob
08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
about the whole "asian kitchen" thing if its truw, i hope its sushi... i like sushi, then alizee and i could share a favorite liking =)

riva2model64
08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
i like the whole Asian kitchen, except for certain what we Americans consider "exotic" seafood and the pork based dishes as far as restaurants are concerned.

and that sushi dipping sauce. what is that, it kill me nose

i like to think of sushi as the Japanese equivalent of a burrito. fish wrap in rice and other stuff

Bob
08-12-2006, 12:16 AM
and that sushi dipping sauce. what is that, it kill me nose
i'm pretty sure that would be wasabi...try snorting that stuff lol... not fun even if i got payed $20 to do it:eek:

riva2model64
08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
That's gotta be hurtful:eek:

aditya8617
08-12-2006, 02:04 AM
I think Alizee does like Sushi. In the fun tv interview she mentions that she ate sushi, also she didn't bring sushi for Lucas, she only got all nasty tasting Japanese stuff for him!

Bob
08-12-2006, 03:58 AM
I think Alizee does like Sushi. In the fun tv interview she mentions that she ate sushi, also she didn't bring sushi for Lucas, she only got all nasty tasting Japanese stuff for him!

yes she did say she ate sushi and soup, and the seaweed she brought for lucas was most likely the kind you use to wrap up sushi with:p

wasabi622
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
From alizee-fanpage.com:

Holla! I can cook up some mean Asian food! BOOYAH.

(By cook mean Asian food, I mean heat up a bowl of cup ramen. :p)

User22
10-27-2010, 11:00 PM
(By cook mean Asian food, I mean heat up a bowl of cup ramen. :p)

The thing that stinks is that you can't even heat up a bowl of cup ramen:p The hot water you put in it heats it for you hahaha. Don't worry that's all I can do too:rolleyes:

wasabi622
10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
The thing that stinks is that you can't even heat up a bowl of cup ramen:p The hot water you put in it heats it for you hahaha. Don't worry that's all I can do too:rolleyes:

Let me let you in on a ol' Korean trick, my white brother.

Why heat the water first, when you can just add the water, and microwave the whole damn thing at once? Oh yeah, that's right. That's how we yellow folk roll. :cool: :p

User22
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Let me let you in on a ol' Korean trick, my white brother.

Why heat the water first, when you can just add the water, and microwave the whole damn thing at once? Oh yeah, that's right. That's how we yellow folk roll. :cool: :p

....Let me let you in on some advanced Korean technology that you have probably never heard of my good friend. Ever heard of Insta-Hot filtered water? Well its all in the name...it is simply Instantly Hot water from a second faucet. Many people I know have it just like me. Here's a pic:
http://docs.homeclick.com/product_enlarged/hot100.jpg

And with this thing, it takes it down to 3 steps to make ramen:
1)Put Ramen in bowl.
2)Pour boiling water from Insta-Hot faucet.
3)Let it cook itself for a minute and enjoy:D

Thats how us white people do it:p