PDA

View Full Version : i feel bad

dvtq
07-22-2006, 09:28 PM
yesterday , after i read the post of mikael from alizee-forum i worried about our Alizée :
from here (http://www.alizee-forum.com/topic,14923,0,-i-just-came-home-from-paris-she-is-not-big-there-anymore.html)
Well I just came home from my visit in paris and like i said I asked a lot of people there about alizee and i even showed them alizee videos on my handheld computer.
All the people that i talked to said that she was famous 3 years ago but nobody listends to her now! And i asked many many people like 50 or so in all different ages.
But she most likely lives in district 16 in Paris that was what the hotel manager said to me anyway and he seems to now very much about celebreties in Paris.
I am a little dissapointed because I wanted more of alizee in paris i only found her two albums in the record store in champs Elysse and that is the biggest record store in Paris. the guy who worked there confirmed that she is pretty much forgotten in FRANCE these days
I love Paris though but they drive like crazy and the food was very very expensive. I want my LOLITA back

so what's happening , agree with you guys she still has alot of fans , but what's she needs ??? i bet that she really needs French fans :(

like what Cyberus and Shep afraid , now i feel bad too , i hope the 3rd album will be perfect , i dont want our Lolita is forgot .

brad
07-22-2006, 09:33 PM
maybe if we get 10,000 members one day ... she will come to America to for the money :)

Spartan500
07-22-2006, 09:35 PM
yeah I read this on there and feel the same as you but can you imagine some foreigner showing you a video on a computer of a celebrity it funny
brad i hope so

dvtq
07-22-2006, 09:35 PM
yah , hope so. at that time i'm sure you have to do more work . dont feel better >_< .

dman8
07-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I think the way that she abruptly stopped performing after her concert tour is the main reason why the French (at least the Parisians) forgot about her over the past few years. I mean, she had a very legitimate reason for stopping when she did, u know with the whole starting a family thing. From watching her concerts, her fanbase seemed very large and quite enthusiastic, so maybe her 3rd album will spark something in those same fans. No matter what happens, i will still buy the 3rd album and continue to spread the word about her in the US

Spartan500
07-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I think the way that she abruptly stopped performing after her concert tour is the main reason why the French (at least the Parisians) forgot about her over the past few years. I mean, she had a very legitimate reason for stopping when she did, u know with the whole starting a family thing. From watching her concerts, her fanbase seemed very large and quite enthusiastic, so maybe her 3rd album will spark something in those same fans. No matter what happens, i will still buy the 3rd album and continue to spread the word about her in the US
be like those people who walk up to strangers and get them to pray but instead show them alizee like what mikeal did

dvtq
07-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Good job man , as Brad said, show your friend about her , we can have 10k users in this site , but i think Brad forgot in 10k members , at least 4k is not American =)).

nurvonic
07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
i blame jeremy for knocking her up

Spartan500
07-22-2006, 10:44 PM
i blame jeremy for knocking her up
thats probably what did it

nurvonic
07-23-2006, 12:27 AM
yah think about it...if she didnt have a kid she would of made another album a long time ago and she would still be with mylene farmer and that other dude or woman or whatever. its all his fault...dammit. lol just kidding alizee if u happen to read this. if u dont read this then i do mean it

Spartan500
07-23-2006, 12:45 AM
yah think about it...if she didnt have a kid she would of made another album a long time ago and she would still be with mylene farmer and that other dude or woman or whatever. its all his fault...dammit. lol just kidding alizee if u happen to read this. if u dont read this then i do mean it
That just makes your theory sound all the more true nurvonic

nurvonic
07-23-2006, 12:52 AM
well i like the way u think spartan. but u also gotta remember that shes a woman and that she chose to get pregnant and have child with that loser and to be out of the spot light for 3 years. i dont care its still all of jeremy's fault!

dvtq
07-23-2006, 01:17 AM
that's her choice , we cannot force Alizee do whatever we want , she's old enough to live her life.
not JRM's fault too because he want to marry the woman, not the girl doesnt care of her family . So i think she does right though it can stop her career.

Spartan500
07-23-2006, 01:43 AM
good point dvtq not to mention she seems like she is very family oriented

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 03:00 AM
She should have stayed with Maylene, leaving her was probably bad decision and I think Jeremy played a big role in that.

dvtq
07-23-2006, 04:15 AM
we dont know the story between them , so ..... stop blaming jrm , he's alizée husband , not our enemy.

nurvonic
07-23-2006, 04:53 AM
i think ur right dvtq. we are all just jealous of him

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 06:37 AM
I am not Jealous of Jeremy, I just gave my thoughts on Alizee-Mylene partnership break up. I just hope she makes a great come back.

rcs
07-23-2006, 06:40 AM
I don't think it would hurt if we kept advertising our Alizee to people. If Europe no longer has any use for her then we should be trying to give her all our support to get her to change her mind and tour the U.S. Let's see how many people we can show Alizee to each day. Then have them do the same. We can reach that 10,000 mark in no time.

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Me and one of my Friends actually popularized her a lot on one of our game servers, we are taking the advertising campaign to our University friends now. The only problem is getting them to join our forums!

alizeebrother
07-23-2006, 07:41 AM
yesterday , after i read the post of mikael from alizee-forum i worried about our Alizée :

so what's happening , agree with you guys she still has alot of fans , but what's she needs ??? i bet that she really needs French fans :(

like what Cyberus and Shep afraid , now i feel bad too , i hope the 3rd album will be perfect , i dont want our Lolita is forgot .
hey , we must recognize alizee's popularity cannot too fall a little because of 2year her emptiness . But after 3album released it will be different. have hopE!!

aditya8617
07-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Yea, let's have some hope, after all when she released her 2nd album after a long gap and it was a success too!

Matrix
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah I read that post too on the Alizee fan club forums. Interesting, I would like to know how Alizee feels about it.

Has Alizee ever made any comments about this? How does she comment without offending someone? Why would she comment, it could hurt her album sales.

Didn't Alizee say in an interview that the french people look at her indifferrently? I could have sworn i heard that in an interview.

Look, the french as a whole, see Alizee differently than the rest of the world no doubt. It's thier culture, their language. I have struggled with this myself as to the reason why Alizee is not as popular in france as you would expect her to be. Do the french people look at Alizee differently than me?

I think they do. The infatuation or "wow" factor is just on a different level for Alizee somewhere else besides france. Not saying france doesn't like her just that france is used to her language, her subtle french ways that at the same time blow the rest of us in the world away.

It's the language of love people... quite clearly we are all seduced by the talents of Alizee combined with the language of love. This combination is potent. Nothing new here, we are all victims of french seduction that's been going on for centuries.

But don't expect france to be as enamoured with Alizee as the rest of us. ;)

dvtq
07-23-2006, 07:19 PM
-umh, i have no idea :)
-maybe , they near her too much, sometime we easy to forget who always near us , because they as the part of our life, and maybe they boring to wait.
-Fiannly, we still support Alizée anytime :)

Spartan500
07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
-umh, i have no idea :)
-maybe , they near her too much, sometime we easy to forget who always near us , because they as the part of our life, and maybe they boring to wait.
-Fiannly, we still support Alizée anytime :)
dvtq thats probably true cause you never go crazy when a rap song goes on or any other song thats played out so that could be how they feel

Pirate515
07-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Didn't Alizee say in an interview that the French people look at her indifferently? I could have sworn I heard that in an interview.

Look, the French as a whole, see Alizee differently than the rest of the world no doubt. It's their culture, their language. I have struggled with this myself as to the reason why Alizee is not as popular in France as you would expect her to be. Do the French people look at Alizee differently than me?

I think they do. The infatuation or "wow" factor is just on a different level for Alizee somewhere else besides France. Not saying France doesn't like her just that France is used to her language, her subtle French ways that at the same time blow the rest of us in the world away.This would be a good question to those who are heavily into other French music besides Alizee. And I don't mean those who occasionally listen to some French tunes like myself, but those who listen to lots and lots of different French artists. If there is anyone on this board like that, how does Alizee compare to the rest? I do think that she blows away all of the French artists that I have heard, but I haven't heard enough to surely say that she stands out even when it comes to entire French music industry (although I think she does).

On the other hand, given the fact that she's Corsican, she should not be viewed indifferently even by the French. From what I've read before, even though Corsica is officially a French territory, it is a totally different world compared to continental France. Some go so far as to say that the only thing they have in common is the language, and even with that Corsicans speak with a different dialect. Alizee herself was not too fond of continental France at first. In her early interviews, she frequently talked about how great Corsica is, how the rest of France was just not for her, and that she would never leave Corsica for France. She must love Jeremy a lot since she changed her mind about this and moved to Paris.

Going back to the original topic, I think Alizee got forgotten for the same reason as many other artists. As sad as it is, the nature of the show biz is that you must keep producing in order to keep yourself in the spotlight. There are a few exceptions (like The Beatles), but there are not too many of them. While this is unfortunate, silence periods like this bring out true fans, ones who appreciate both the artist and their music, not just listen to it for entertainment value and then move on to other things when that artist stops making new songs. I'd like to think of all of us here as these kind of fans. By the way, if Alizee's new album ends up rocking, I'm sure she will be remembered again by the masses even faster than she was "forgotten".

riva2model64
07-24-2006, 11:45 PM
I must agree in with dvtq that Alizée was probably most well-covered and reviewed in France that a two year+ lapse in her career would be too much a wait there.

Alizée almost completely avoided the media for a reason, which most likely was to spend time with her family in peace. For peace with my family I'm sure I would have done the same.

If she chooses to release a third album, I believe its going to be different, given such cues of her image changing, working on the album with Chatelain, and even rumored split up with Mylene Farmer, though I hear Mylene Farmer/Laurent and Alizée were still collaborating (someone please correct me if necessary).

Even if she doesn't release a third album the good news is that she will be remembered by all of us and history that her singing career was internationally successful and well-loved. That is good for Alizée which makes me a happy fan. We all support Alizée whichever path she takes.

dvtq
07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
the first half part is good :D , about all of alizée song i have to say : " some i feel they look same same each other " , so changing is the good idea.
last part is .............. no, i dont want that , no , no , T____________T

pineapplejello
07-25-2006, 01:11 AM
well put n prob true (

aditya8617
07-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Did Alizee's relationship with Mylene and Laurent ended nicely or in a bad way? I am not quite sure if it ended in good terms because her official website (if it was) was suddenly shut down. can anyone please clear my doubts?

pineapplejello
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
me too, but she won't. I have many friends in France and as much as they loved her,they have moved on to other artists. After 3 years, a 15 word hand written note to her fans, did not suffice the passions of her diehard fans whatsoever. Her true fans, even the official fan club members, feel like they were let down. Most people in Paris, look at her as a has been... one who ha quit and abandond her fans at the peak of her career, to marry someone she had only known for a few months.
I dissagree with the writer, saying dom't blame Jeremy.... I do....100%.
i think he was jealous of her carreer and brainwashed her into leaving Farmer & Boutannat.

brad
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Didn't Alizee say in an interview that the french people look at her indifferrently? I could have sworn i heard that in an interview.

She said she is indifferent when it comes to french singers in general ... meaning that she personally didnt really like anyone special.

Pirate515
07-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Did Alizee's relationship with Mylene and Laurent ended nicely or in a bad way? I am not quite sure if it ended on good terms because her official website (if it was) was suddenly shut down. Can anyone please clear my doubts?I don't think anyone knows this for sure, because neither Alizee nor Mylene/Laurent made any official announcements about it, but my guess is that it probably did not end nicely. Rumor has it that as Alizee's second tour was coming to a close, Mylene had ambitious plans to start working on her next album, supposedly she even had most of the songs already written. Of course, these plans had to be put on hold because of Alizee's marriage and then on an even longer hold due to her pregnancy. There were rumors floating around that Mylene was not happy with all that stuff that Alizee has pulled and decided to call the entire Alizee project quits. Again, this is just a rumor, only Mylene/Laurent/Alizee and probably those close to them know if it's true. Alizee did, however, say in one of the interviews that she has no regrets about having worked with Mylene.

Speaking of web site, if you are referring to http://www.moi-alizee.com, yes, it is (or was) Alizee's official web site. By the way, this domain name has recently changed hands, it was previously registered to Laurent, now it is registered to Requiem Publishing. Perhaps this is Alizee's new label and they are getting the site ready for re-launch?

RadioactiveMan
07-25-2006, 05:36 PM
In the Taff Pro video, she talks about how she was forced to do things and how she didn't have much control over the lyrics and such. I think that she left to gain more creative control over her songs and image.

Pirate515
07-25-2006, 06:54 PM
In the Taff Pro video, she talks about how she was forced to do things and how she didn't have much control over the lyrics and such. I think that she left to gain more creative control over her songs and image.That's interesting, because in her earlier interviews she said the opposite, she was always talking how most of the stuff that she sings about was a reflection on her own life and things that have happened to her. The way Alizee made it sound is that she gave Mylene themes to write about, and then Mylene wrote the actual lyrics and Laurent wrote the music. The only exception was "Moi... Lolita", where the song was already written and Mylene/Laurent were just looking for a face to put on it, which turned out to be Alizee.

On top of that, in her videos and especially live performances, Alizee always looks happy, always has a smile on her face and most of all, she is always being herself. That is actually the main thing about her that made me like her. You never see that from any of the "manufactured" American pop stars. Just look at some of Britney's music videos. You can easily tell that she is being forced to do whatever she's doing. With Alizee, however, it's a totally different story.

If what you are saying is true, then perhaps the cat is coming out of the bag now, which means that Alizee is a greater actress than she is a singer or a dancer.

aditya8617
07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
In the Taff Pro video, she talks about how she was forced to do things and how she didn't have much control over the lyrics and such. I think that she left to gain more creative control over her songs and image.
In the interview it's the interview people who say that, but just after it's said u can listen to her words that say that all the songs were made after asking her and to fit her well.

RadioactiveMan
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I couldn't remember if it was the people or Alizee that said it. I thought the same as Pirate515 before, so the Taff Pro interview confused me a bit on the subject.

rwd716
08-15-2006, 02:21 AM

God Damn Right! LOL! But seriously, COME BACK ALIZEE!

rwd716
08-15-2006, 02:30 AM
God Damn Right! LOL! But seriously, COME BACK ALIZEE!

Is she here yet?

Bob
08-15-2006, 02:59 AM
haha i get off the computer for a few hours to rearrange my basement, and i miss a really good thread... well here is my thought on all this--

I think alizée leaving was alright with me, everyone needs a break, i mean we all take our breaks, for kids in school theres a lot of it, when you have a job you still get breaks, just not as much. but alizee was working really hard when she was doing concerts or recording songs, and as she has said in some of those interviews, a lot of those days were really long with not much time for a break. call her the G. bush of music world but i think she deserved it completly, i understand that she would be forgotten, it has been three years, but im sure when she comes back she will be almost, just, or more popular than before. i think that she deserves time off, and i think she did what she wanted to do. ii think if she releases her 3rd album she will come back, if she doesnt she will be forgotten by most but her true fans will not forget.. i think we should all let alizée do what she wants.
if i was wrong with anything in here sorry =)

--and guest who is reading this right now, join this site, its worth it--