PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder about her family?

NYMedStudent
03-25-2007, 04:44 AM
I was just wondering what would it feel like to have a daughter like Alizee. And what about her brother? What would it be like to have such a hot sister that everyone idolizes? And to see the videos online of her, what kind of feelings does that bring up in him?

Then I was wondering about her mom. Does anyone have any good pics of her? I think I saw her in a pic when Alizee won that drawing contest. Not sure I've seen her since.

Then I wonder... where is her mom during all the concerts? Does her family go to the concerts? I haven't seen the mother in the backstage videos up online.

And then I wonder... who should I stalk first?

jk

but does anyone have an address?

rwd716
03-25-2007, 06:19 AM
lol, some good points

MiamMiam
03-25-2007, 07:14 AM
I think I saw a picture of her and her mom walking down a street while Alizée was pregnant. But I do wonder how her brother handled the whole thing, it probably wasn't easy going to school when his sister was one of the most well-known singers in France.

Rocket
03-25-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't wonder about her family at all.

rcs
03-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Papa must be proud...:)

Spartan500
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM

the same goes for me

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Can you imagine hearing all the days.... Hey dude your sis is so hot..
or when they did the shake ass video.

Poor bro and poor dad.

NYMedStudent
03-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Why would you not wonder about the family? Her family is part of what makes Alizee who she is. It's part of why Alizee is well-spoken, caring, and charming. What kind of home environment can create such a balanced person? Physically speaking, it is interesting to see what kind of genes can get together to create such perfection as we see in Alizee. Then it is interesting to see how these same genes manifest themselves in creating a male. i.e. her brother.

The toll that Alizee's music career takes on her family also influences how much she is willing to be in the public spotlight. It may affect how many pauses she takes during her music career and their length of time. The balance between family and career is a tough decision that is embedded into every person's life.

It is very important to know about her family.

Rocket
03-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't even wonder about Alizee let alone her family

Azereus
03-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Yea I always thought how much it would kind of suck for Alizee's brother. Constantly told how hot his sister is.

Matrix
03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Agreed, I have often wondered too what her family thinks about her success and what they go through because of it. There was one interview of her dad who said that Alizee takes after her mother- very strong willed.

Also Alizee has said that her relatives are wide eyed and anxious to hear about her experiences in the entertainment world.

Her brother no doubt has had his friends asking him if he could get autographs for them or asking him to steal some of Alizees panties, lol :eek:

I'm curious as to what her brother, mother and father are up to these days and if Alizee gives them alot of money, sharing the wealth.

Alizee took the family to the Maldives after winning that coloring contest but now as an adult I wonder if she takes care of them financially.

RMJ
03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Of course I wonder about her family. It's important to know that Anny-Lee is in good care and especially Lili is in good care. Sometimes you wonder what they are talking about in dinner table. Maybe they are talking about tomorrow's recordings or maybe something else... maybe what to get from grocery and who's taking care of Anny-Lee tomorrow since both needs to go to the city.

JCC
03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I really dont think its any of our business to wonder about Alizee's family. I'd wanna get to know Alizee HERSELF, first. Then the family...and i hardly believe any of us REALLY know who the real Alizee is regardless of how much we listen to her music, read articles about her, watching interviews, etc.

I'm a fan of Alizee and her music, but thats where my admiration stops...family life is personal, unless she wants us to know her family. She says that Mylene has been like a "mother to her", but when did we ever see them together in public.

theit77
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
In Jessica's description of The Olympia concert, she says that Alizée's dad was there watching her. He seems very supportive. I wonder what her brother is doing. Does anyone know how old he is?, he seemed about 4 or so years younger than Alizée when they showed him in one intervew.

Rocket
03-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm a fan of Alizee and her music, but thats where my admiration stops...family life is personal, unless she wants us to know her family.

I am exactly the same way JCC. I love her music and how she presented herself both on stage and off. But I have never been so infatuated with her or any 'star' that I wanted to know 'everything' about them.

Deepwaters
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I occasionally and very mildly speculate about her family but quite honestly it's none of my business.

One of the most disturbing things about celebrity-dom (for me) is that too many people seem to forget that this person is a person, that like all people she exists ultimately for herself, not for her fans. I would absolutely hate living in an aquarium. Everyone has a right to a private life, but celebrities too often don't have that right respected.

nurvonic
03-25-2007, 06:02 PM
i've wondered about her family for like 2 seconds, then i found i was more interested in her and her music =D

SupaKrupa
03-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I've only thought of it from a brother's perspective. It must've been reeaaal tough on him hahaha.

DesertFox
03-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Family is where fan "doom" stops...for me at least. I wish the BEST for all of them, but privacy is important. What Alizee can share with us will be shared, dont worry about the rest, cest la vie...love her singing, her stage performance and be fullfilled by them. :)

Mexico won 2 - 1 against Paraguay!!! Weee better luck next time. Soccer by the way.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I occasionally and very mildly speculate about her family but quite honestly it's none of my business.

One of the most disturbing things about celebrity-dom (for me) is that too many people seem to forget that this person is a person, that like all people she exists ultimately for herself, not for her fans. I would absolutely hate living in an aquarium. Everyone has a right to a private life, but celebrities too often don't have that right respected.

Maybe thats the real meaning of J'en ai marre :eek:

NYMedStudent
03-26-2007, 01:42 AM

I agree about Alizee's right to privacy. It just dawned on me that the meaning of Alizee's website being mostly dark empty space is an attempt to convey a desire for separation from the public. It basically says, my space is not your space right now-- let me be in peace. I have post-partum depression and a hankering for pickles. Her kind of successful reclusion seems to be unprecedented and I am both happy and impressed that she has been able to carry it out thus far.

That having been said... what kind of high power zoom lens do you guys recommend?

:p

rwd716
03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
I have wondered about Lili's family. I've seen her dad but not her mother or her brother. Are there pictures of them anywhere? Yeah it's not really our business about their personal life, but just seeing what they look like isn't so bad is it?

NYMedStudent
03-26-2007, 01:54 AM
I also wonder what kind of car Alizee drives. Does she fill her own gas at the gas stations. Is she driven around all the time? Does she have a driver's license? Is there a DMV in France? Did she have to stand on line there to get the license? Were people gawking at her? Did she stick her tongue out at them like some of the videos?

CFHollister
03-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I haven't seen the mother in the backstage videos up online.

What backstage videos?.... Where? :blink:

Urb4n
03-26-2007, 03:49 AM
"Ever wonder about her family?"

Nope.

Uméesha
03-26-2007, 05:15 AM
"wondering about alizee is just wonderting about her family"

we have to wonder about her family(Father & Mother) since they have given birth to a beautiful cute baby(Alizee). this made her to realise through out the world, so we came to know about alizee...

Deepwaters
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I also wonder what kind of car Alizee drives.

On last notice, none. Perhaps she's gotten her driver's license during this period of seclusion.

garçoncanadien
03-26-2007, 10:22 AM
in Paris you don't need a car. You can take the RATP wherever you want.

NYMedStudent
03-26-2007, 10:35 AM
in Paris you don't need a car. You can take the RATP wherever you want.

What's the rat pack?

garçoncanadien
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Paris subway.

http://www.ratp.fr/

RMJ
03-26-2007, 11:15 AM
RATP isn't synonym for metro. It's just company that runs it, and many other lines (RERs, trams, and buses).

NYMedStudent
03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
RATP isn't synonym for metro. It's just company that runs it, and many other lines (RERs, trams, and buses).

So why would Alizee take the rapid transit? If she did that we would surely see some pictures of her doing so.

Deepwaters
03-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, can't see Alizée using public transit unless heavily disguised. I'm sure she can afford taxis.

RMJ
03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
So why would Alizee take the rapid transit? If she did that we would surely see some pictures of her doing so.
Because she's person like everyone else. She's not too fancy to use them. I'm 100% sure that she uses metro at times. It's the fastest and easiest way to get from places to places in Paris.

And what so big deal of no pictures in metro of her ? How many photos have you seen taken of her on Parisian streets ? Not too many. Even tho, she may walk there almost everyday.

C-4
03-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Using public transportation's a hard question to be sure about. People I speak with about Alizée, who live in Paris, tell me that she was big 3-4 years ago but she is out of the picture at this time. We don't think as they do on this forum, but let's use their measurements for a minute.

If Alizée is out with some friends just to have fun for an afternoon, or going out for a bite to eat at some not-so-fancy resturant, she might use public transport if she is not dressing up. If she is going to do some serious shopping, I believe she would go by car, whether it is her's and Jeremy's or with a friend who owns one. If she has bags from shopping, she would probably find it more convenient to put them in a car then carry them on public transportation.

If she is going out for the night, she would probably not use public transportation.

Of course this is just my reasoning, but this is how I envision it happening.

Topaz
03-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, can't see Alizée using public transit unless heavily disguised. I'm sure she can afford taxis.

It's not hard to not be seen. Throw a pair of sunglasses on this girl and she could be standing right next to you. Who would know?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/casual3.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/avatar_1142.gif

brad
03-26-2007, 04:19 PM
awww, i love that pic :)

CFHollister
03-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Me!:p... (or I'd like to think so).
However, if she spoke i think I might have a fair shot;)

It's not hard to not be seen. Throw a pair of sunglasses on this girl and she could be standing right next to you. Who would know?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/casual3.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/avatar_1142.gif

Deepwaters
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
All you'd need to see is the smile. As for me, I think I'd recognize Alizée if she were standing behind me and I never looked back. At times I find it difficult to decide if she reminds me more of a bonfire or a laser beam.

CFHollister
03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
At times I find it difficult to decide if she reminds me more of a bonfire or a laser beam.

Bonfire... the kind of brilliance that can only be admired from a distance... and even if you can't see it, if you're anywhere nearby, you can just feel it... and the warmth fills you up... and from its depths to the flickering of its extremities, you are intoxicated by its rythm and motion, enticed to dance along with it, or sit entranced by its beauty.

(would that count as a poem?)

Deepwaters
03-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Bonfire... the kind of brilliance that can only be admired from a distance... and even if you can't see it, if you're anywhere nearby, you can just feel it... and the warmth fills you up... and from its depths to the flickering of its extremities, you are intoxicated by its rythm and motion, enticed to dance along with it, or sit entranced by its beauty.

Good start to one, for certain!

Then again, the laser: flashing from the eyes, too bright to see, it burns into the crowd and pierces heart after heart, until a flame bursts from one, then another, and at last all the multitude is one throbbing engine of fire, moving in unison, offering themselves to her in love, and she opens her arms wide and sips from that heat until drunk on it, until her hair stands up in the blazing wind and the smile on her face becomes one of satiated bliss.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1636/alizeeunascz049me7.jpg

Uhm is it lili's family?

Topaz
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/7434.gif

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Uhm is it lili's family?

WOW, thanks for the pic... where did you get that?????

Looks like both parents are in reasonably good shape. Too bad for the smoking though. It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up. Maybe this is part of the reason she has some low tones in her voice. All very sexy for now but if she has picked it up I hope she quits for her own health and to avoid deterioration in her singing.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM

Looks like both parents are in reasonably good shape. Too bad for the smoking though. It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up. Maybe this is part of the reason she has some low tones in her voice. All very sexy for now but if she has picked it up I hope she quits for her own health and to avoid deterioration in her singing.

I got it from www.alizee-mexico.com.mx

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Good start to one, for certain!

Then again, the laser: flashing from the eyes, too bright to see, it burns into the crowd and pierces heart after heart, until a flame bursts from one, then another, and at last all the multitude is one throbbing engine of fire, moving in unison, offering themselves to her in love, and she opens her arms wide and sips from that heat until drunk on it, until her hair stands up in the blazing wind and the smile on her face becomes one of satiated bliss.

Sorry, not feeling the whole Star Wars orgy vibe.

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 03:41 AM

is your name Orville Redenbacher? cause you're popping way too much corn

:D

Uméesha
03-27-2007, 04:29 AM

Uhm is it lili's family?

wow wat a nice family. thanks for sharing zack:wub: i like it
heeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yoi yoi:blink: superb:p

do u got more pic's of that type(Family)

kdn
03-27-2007, 05:08 AM
It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up.Well, my dad is a heavy smoker. My uncle was a very heavy smoker, he passed away due to a lung disease 3 months ago. But absolutely none of their children, including me, smokes cigarettes.

So I think it's not very likely that Lili has picked this up.

rcs
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Thank you Zack...more pics please.:cool:

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, my dad is a heavy smoker. My uncle was a very heavy smoker, he passed away due to a lung disease 3 months ago. But absolutely none of their children, including me, smokes cigarettes.

So I think it's not very likely that Lili has picked this up.

Actually there is a higher tendency for females to pick up smoking, particularly when the mother smokes.

Deepwaters
03-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry, not feeling the whole Star Wars orgy vibe.

You can see it in the En Concert DVD, especially when she sings A Contre Courant and jumps down to touch as many in the audience as she can.

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
You can see it in the En Concert DVD, especially when she sings A Contre Courant and jumps down to touch as many in the audience as she can.

Yeah, except there are no explosions. Maybe Dad is keeping the explosions in check. No, I don't mean explosions in male fans' pants. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Deepwaters
03-27-2007, 10:52 AM
LOL, I didn't say anything about explosions, but yeah, I expect those might have been happening . . .

She has more control than that. It's a conflagration, but she's in control the whole time.

kdn
03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Actually there is a higher tendency for females to pick up smoking, particularly when the mother smokes.Ok, so there is a high possibility that Lili smokes cigarettes, too.

:blink:

RMJ
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Too bad for the smoking though. It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up.
She don't have free will ? Or what's the logic ?

If you really think that all children got by smokers will smoke in their lives, too, you are way off...

I know one "smoker child" in my relatives and still we had many "smoker parents" in that same group. And funnily enough, that only smoker is child of non smokers...

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Thank you Zack...more pics please.:cool:

Sorry rcs but i dont have more pics of her with her family. :(

Rocket
03-27-2007, 06:40 PM
"I've never trusted a man who smokes. If you look inside any prison you will find that 100% of the prisoners smoke" - Henry Ford

NYMedStudent
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
She don't have free will ? Or what's the logic ?

If you really think that all children got by smokers will smoke in their lives, too, you are way off...

I know one "smoker child" in my relatives and still we had many "smoker parents" in that same group. And funnily enough, that only smoker is child of non smokers...

I never implied that all daughters of mothers that smoke end up smoking. What I said was that there is increased likelihood compared to daughters of mothers that don't smoke.

Machzero
03-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I just love her for who I think she is. . .(20,000 word essay)

RMJ
03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
I never implied that all daughters of mothers that smoke end up smoking. What I said was that there is increased likelihood compared to daughters of mothers that don't smoke.

Yes, but you clearly imply that she is a smoker.

There's absolutely no evidence of such things.

LiquidC
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, but you clearly imply that she is a smoker.

There's absolutely no evidence of such things.

Actually, no. Read what he says again carefully and take in account that he was looking at the picture when he though this.

Originally Posted by NYMedStudent
"Too bad for the smoking though. It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up."

He meant to bad that her mom smokes and not Alizée. Then he says it is very likely that Alizée picked it up. If he's saying that she already smokes why would he say that there's a high chance that she smokes?

I think this is just all a misunderstanding. :)

Rocket
03-27-2007, 11:56 PM
He said she is likely to be a smoker, meaning the probability is high. It wasn't a final assumption. But the statistics back him up. Mothers who smoke while pregnant are more likely to have daughters who smoke. http://www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol10N5/momsmoke.html

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Informative and interesting, but to keep things in perspective (from Rocket's link):

The analysis revealed that 26.4 percent of girls whose mothers smoked while pregnant had smoked in the last year. By comparison, only 4.3 percent of girls who were not prenatally exposed to nicotine had smoked in the last year.

While that's obviously very significant, it still means that almost 3/4 of girls whose mothers smoked while pregnant were NOT smokers. So the odds, although worsened, remain in favor of Lili being a nonsmoker, if that's all we're going on.

NYMedStudent
03-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Informative and interesting, but to keep things in perspective (from Rocket's link):

While that's obviously very significant, it still means that almost 3/4 of girls whose mothers smoked while pregnant were NOT smokers. So the odds, although worsened, remain in favor of Lili being a nonsmoker, if that's all we're going on.

Further info from a patient handout...

One study reported that preschoolers whose parents smoke are more likely to view themselves as future smokers. And conversely, another found that schoolchildren who believed that both their parents strongly disapproved of smoking were less than half as likely to take up the habit as those who felt their parents were more lax. (Interestingly, in that study, parental disapproval had an equally strong effect regardless of whether the parents themselves smoked.)

So the bottom line is that Alizee's mom is essentially encouraging her to smoke. The fact that smokers number around 26 percent in the US in the general population though plays in our favor here as it seems there would be positive peer influence from the other 74 percent. Obviously there are many other factors to consider too... the fact that Alizee is a singer and can't afford to destroy her voice might keep her from smoking. Maybe Jeremy doesn't smoke, and one might think that Lili would be considerate enough not to smoke around him... although she can just smoke when he's not around. The fact that she had a baby might prevent her from smoking or encourage her to have stopped any experimentation.

The question that pops up here to me is different now... what is the likelihood of a successful marriage between a smoker and a nonsmoker? I don't know of any studies addressing this. Seems to me it may be very difficult and that it would require a solid relationship to overcome such a thing. This has relevance in the 3 possible scenarios we may be dealing with here: the case where Lili's father doesn't smoke and her mother does, and the case where Alizee smokes and Jeremy doesn't and vice versa.

So... can smoking differences between partners be used to gauge the eventual outcome of their relationship?

Can we predict the future of the whole Alizee empire from just looking at one pic? Unlikely, but who cares... let's try it.

SupaKrupa
03-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Dudes, it's not a cancer stick she's got.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5529/chupa20chups20vert0nfhq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Alizée can't be a smoker! She just can't! She isn't. Good.

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
The question that pops up here to me is different now... what is the likelihood of a successful marriage between a smoker and a nonsmoker?

All other considerations aside, the phrase that comes to mind is "kissing an ashtray."

NYMedStudent
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Dudes, it's not a cancer stick she's got.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5529/chupa20chups20vert0nfhq2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Alizée can't be a smoker! She just can't! She isn't. Good.

I don't think it's a lollipop. The downward dangling angle in the picture is hard to reproduce with a hard stick that is inside the mouth because the roof of the mouth and the front upper teeth would keep that from happening. The object appears to be something hanging from the lips of Alizee's mom.

And I doubt it's calcified drool.

:o

RMJ
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Actually, no. Read what he says again carefully and take in account that he was looking at the picture when he though this.
Yeah, I'm looking ? What in the photo shows that Alizée is highly likely smoker ? I don't see cigarette in her hands nor do I have lack of free will either. Am I missing something ?

Originally Posted by NYMedStudent
"Too bad for the smoking though. It is very likely that Alizee has picked this up."

He meant to bad that her mom smokes and not Alizée.
You don't think that the bolded one refers to Alizée ? He don't even say that she might have picked it up, but he says it's very likely that Alizée smokes.

I have never see on single proof of her smoking.

But the statistics back him up.
Statistics lies more than American politicans. ;)

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, actually, as I tried to point out earlier, the statistics DON'T back him up. If Alizée's mother smokes, it becomes more likely that she does herself than if her mother didn't, but even so the odds are that she doesn't, especially since we have no direct evidence for this at all. So the phrase "very likely" is too strong a claim.

RMJ
03-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Well, actually, as I tried to point out earlier, the statistics DON'T back him up. If Alizée's mother smokes, it becomes more likely that she does herself than if her mother didn't, but even so the odds are that she doesn't, especially since we have no direct evidence for this at all. So the phrase "very likely" is too strong a claim.

And what is the indirect evidence we have ?

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
And what is the indirect evidence we have ?

You focused on the wrong word, RMJ. If you want to take "no direct evidence" as "no evidence," I won't quibble, because I don't think she smokes; if she did, I think we would probably have seen a pic of her smoking by now or someone who knows her would have said so. That would be "direct evidence."

The indirect evidence has been presented on this thread. I don't think it's very strong, but it IS indirect evidence.

RMJ
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Then why did you use the word "direct" if you didn't mean there's indirect evidences ? Why just don't say "no evidence" which cannot be read wrong.

And what is indirect evidence in this thread ? I have seen none at all.

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Then why did you use the word "direct" if you didn't mean there's indirect evidences ? Why just don't say "no evidence" which cannot be read wrong.

And what is indirect evidence in this thread ? I have seen none at all.

I didn't say "no evidence" because that isn't true. I said "no direct evidence" because that is true, or anyway I haven't seen any.

The indirect evidence is the fact that Alizée's mother smokes, which increases the probability that she does. If you choose to disregard all statistical evidence, you may certainly do so, much as some people insist that the earth is flat; however, although as I said I don't consider it very strong, what has been presented IS evidence.

Edit: Perhaps the problem here is a nuance in English which you are missing. The word "evidence" is not synonymous with the word "proof." It is a much weaker term. There can be evidence for a proposition which turns out not to be true.

RMJ
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
How is her mother evidence of Alizée's smoking ? Increased probability doesn't mean a thing. They are just statistics. If you want to play with statistics, I can prove that you are 5 legged elephant who escaped volcano island in pacific ocean just before UFO crashed to it. Or at least the probability with what that might have happened.

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
How is her mother evidence of Alizée's smoking ? Increased probability doesn't mean a thing. They are just statistics.

Someone has never studied quantum mechanics, I see. ;)

Increased probability does mean something, and I am going to illustrate that with the reason why I don't smoke.

My father died at age 57 from a brain-stem stroke brought on by smoking.

One of my uncles died in his 50s as well from a heart-attack brought on by smoking.

My other uncle also had a heart attack in his 50s brought on by smoking. He survived it, but died of a second heart attack in his 60s.

My paternal grandfather died of a heart attack in his 50s brought on by smoking.

Everyone knows that smoking increases risk of cardiopulmonary disease, but for that sort of thing to strike every single male member of a family indicates a genetic predisposition. Although I am only 50% of that family, it is still statistically likely that I picked up some of that predisposition, and am at increased risk for cardiopulmonary disease compared to someone with different heredity, if I introduce the environmental factor that aggravates it. For that reason, even more than most people I would be an absolute idiot to smoke cigarettes.

Statistics do matter. They don't constitute proof positive, but they do matter.

RMJ
03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Actually I have, since I'm physics major...

But quantum mechanics has nothing to do with this. The science you are looking after is called statistical analysis.

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Statistical analysis has more direct relevance, it's true.

The crazy thing here is that you and I agree Alizée is probably not a smoker. Why exactly are we arguing?

Sometimes I think you are trying to be the curmudgeon of this forum, but in my opinion you are too young. That privilege properly belongs to me.:p

Rocket
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Getting back to 'ever wondering about her family'. Alizee got married at 19 in Las Vegas, NV USA. I wondered if they eloped. After all, they met and married in 2003. If so, I wonder how her family felt about it. Do they approve of Jeremey? I know that if we had eloped my father would have totally disowned me. I know that because he told me so. So there is my thought on 'wondering about her family.'

Senshi87
03-28-2007, 07:20 PM
alizee is just another ordinary girl next door, her brother is nothing more than a brother. and her mom and dad are faithful ppl who have a job pay their taxes and live an ordinary life!

theit77
03-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Proof of Alizée not smoking: her voice! no offense to anyone who might smoke, but you can't have a voice as pretty or as sweet as Alizée's if you smoke. The purity of her voice is astounding, she cannot be a smoker.

The proof is evident in all of her songs, and especially undisputable in these:

A Quoi Reve Une Jeune Fille
Coeur Deja Pris
Parler Tout Bas

RMJ
03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Indeed her voice is amazing. Nothing comes even close to it.

Deepwaters
03-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Rocket, that's a good question. I think I would have to say that Alizée's parents probably don't share the same expectations yours do. I say that because, whether they eloped or not, they did go off to Las Vegas to get married, and may never even have made their marriage legal in France. Yet there is no sign of any rift in the family. I gathered from Jessica's account of her concert-going that Jérémy was there and so were Alizée's parents, or at least her father. Although that may have been before they got married.

When I got married, I invited my parents but didn't ask their permission and wouldn't have considered doing so. It had nothing to do with whether I loved them or not. Since THEY loved ME, they would not have presumed to exercise control over a decision that personal. Where you draw the line depends on what you believe a person's (or a parent's) rights are. And that is not a foregone conclusion. We can't really know what cultural expectations Alizée's parents may have along those lines, but it's worth noting that her parents are well-educated and independent people, which usually indicates a more modern attitude (although not always).

RMJ
03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Excatly like Deepwaters says. If the parents really loves the kid, they accepts his/her choices. It's not their choice to make. It's not their life "ruined" (no, in Alizée's case I don't believe there was lives ruined due to the marriage. They both seem to be happy in it).

So, if some parents can't deal with the marriage, too bad for them, the kids still will have wonderful life ahead.

The whole point of marriage is to some sort of connection between the man and wife. Not with them and their parents.

Altho, even the marriage is useless really since it's the love that should connect them in the first place. If there's no love, then no marriage can fix that couple's relationship.

OGRE
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I guess my view is similar to Rocket's, but a bit more expansive. Alizée was thrust into the limelight at a relatively young age. When it began, she was still a minor and still connected legally to her parents. When it ended (well, ended might be a bit too dramatic, but you know what I mean) in 2004, she was a young adult. However, the connection to family at this point is still very important. Important for guidance. Important for support. And important for the basic affection and love that only family can provide.

Do I ever wonder about her family? Yes, but I wonder (and hope) they are still "together", even though they may be physically apart. It is painful for anyone at the age of 19 or 20 to feel alienated from family. I would not wish this upon anyone, and that goes for Alizée as well. So...yeah...I wonder....and hope for the best. But other than that, there really isn't much I can do about it, so I can't lose sleep over it...or wonder too much. It has crossed my mind here and there. But all I can do is just hope Alizée has chosen a path she enjoys and is making sound decisions along the way.

Ben
03-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Heh, these debates can get awful silly.

Does she smoke? Why not ask her:

"Well in fact, I'm not anti-tobacco, but well, cigarettes aren't really my thing, I've never touched them, I don't think I'll ever touch them, because I can't really stand smoke, it makes my eyes hurt, so...and of course if we could get rid of it, that would be better, but well, there are some people who wouldn't be very happy."

There, end of discussion. :)

And what her parents thought of the marriage? Well, who knows, but they certainly didn't disown her or anything, since we still see them all together, Jérémy (and his family) included.

bt_bird_90
03-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm so glad to have RMJ and Snatcher on the case. Whoever started the smoking topic and kept pushing the probability standpoint, shame on you. :rolleyes:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM

"Well in fact, I'm not anti-tobacco, but well, cigarettes aren't really my thing, I've never touched them, I don't think I'll ever touch them, because I can't really stand smoke, it makes my eyes hurt, so...and of course if we could get rid of it, that would be better, but well, there are some people who wouldn't be very happy."

And what her parents thought of the marriage? Well, who knows, but they certainly didn't disown her or anything, since we still see them all together, Jérémy (and his family) included.

Yey finally!!! its over!!! Thanks Snatcher......
Now lets talk about "Does she drink a lot?" JK:D

OGRE
03-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Yey finally!!! its over!!! Thanks Snatcher......

Actually, it's not over. I have a hard time believing something as hot as Alizée doesn't smoke.

The next time I run into Alizée I'll be ready with my ISO 5660-2:2002 testing kit:
ISO 5660-2:2002 specifies a small-scale method for assessing the dynamic smoke production rate of essentially flat specimens exposed to controlled levels of radiant heating under well-ventilated conditions with or without an external igniter. The rate of smoke production is calculated from measurement of the attenuation of a laser light beam by the combustion product stream. Smoke obscuration is recorded for the entire test, regardless of whether the specimen is flaming or not.

The measurement system prescribed by ISO 5660-2 is an extension of the apparatus described in ISO 5660-1. Therefore, ISO 5660-2 is used in conjunction with ISO 5660-1.

Of course, her bodyguard will probably beat me up before I can finish the test.

Deepwaters
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I have a hard time believing something as hot as Alizée doesn't smoke.

I have a hard time thinking of a smoker as "hot," to be honest. Kissing an ashtray, and all that.

NYMedStudent
03-29-2007, 12:22 AM

So everything looks lovely in Lili-land, Lilliputians.

However, when was that quote taken? Is it not possible to take up smoking after having said this? Do young people change their minds often?

Note the phrase, I don't THINK I'll ever touch them, as opposed to "I will never touch them."

Note also that she knows her mother is listening to her answers and if there is disapproval for smoking from the mother, Alizee may not want to admit this publicly.

Obviously the case for Alizee smoking gets weaker now with this new evidence, but my point is that the discussion is not over.

Edcognito
03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I'm looking ? What in the photo shows that Alizée is highly likely smoker ? I don't see cigarette in her hands nor do I have lack of free will either. Am I missing something ?

You don't think that the bolded one refers to Alizée ? He don't even say that she might have picked it up, but he says it's very likely that Alizée smokes.

I have never see on single proof of her smoking.

Statistics lies more than American politicans. ;)

RMJ - NO one lies more than American politicians. I'm VERY upset with you :mad: that you could slander those hard working men and women like that! :P

;)

Ed

bt_bird_90
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Obviously the case for Alizee smoking gets weaker now with this new evidence, but my point is that the discussion is not over.

I hope a rhinocerous doesn't fall out of the sky and squish my house tomorrow, it hasn't been ruled out as a possiblity yet, but somehow I don't think it's worth the time or effort still speculate about it.

RMJ
03-29-2007, 12:33 AM
RMJ - NO one lies more than American politicians. I'm VERY upset with you :mad: that you could slander those hard working men and women like that! :P

;)

Ed
Not even statistics made by American politicians ?

bt_bird_90
03-29-2007, 12:39 AM
97.2% of those are made up on the spot!

Cooney
03-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Alizée has straight-up stated in interview that she doesn't smoke. She said she doesn't care if others do it, she believes it is each person's choice, but that "tobacco isn't for me." She pulled a bit of a face when she said it

OGRE
03-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Given a sample with an even distribution of uncounted errors, correcting the uncounted errors in biased subsamples will skew the sample average in favor of the subsample bias.

If you follow American politics, and know statistics, you can probably figure out what I'm referring to. If you don't follow American politics and don't know statistics...or just don't care......you might want to skip this one.

Rocket
03-29-2007, 01:29 AM
We can't really know what cultural expectations Alizée's parents may have along those lines, but it's worth noting that her parents are well-educated and independent people, which usually indicates a more modern attitude (although not always).

My father holds a doctrine and teaches physics at a well known university. My mother is a corporate lawyer. My dad moved from Spain to New York City, NY with his mother, father, my grandparents and my great aunt when he was nine years old. Two years later they moved to Chicago.

My grandpapa worked hard in a factory to save money to send my dad to college. While he was in college he met my mother.

My dad was raised by very strict parents and passed it along to Jean and I. Dinner was always served at 5pm, if we weren't home we didn't eat. We dressed for dinner. That meant a real dress. We were never allowed lean back in our chair at the dinner table. We had a curfew at midnight until we were 18. If we went out on a date, the boy came to the door. Needless to say he was always greeted by my dad. Before we went to bed or went out, our homework was checked by either my mom or dad. Our rooms had to be clean and the beds made before we went to school.

But with these kinds of rules, I loved my parents dearly. My grandmama lived with us after grandpapa passed away. She would tell us stories of times back in Spain when she was a little girl. I remember how she taught us how to eat. 'Only animals lean over their food. A lady always brings the food up to her lips.' I miss her so much. She passed away four years ago. Me and Jean could talk to our parents about anything. When we had a problem we always felt we could go to them.

When Jim decided to ask me to marry him, he went to my parents to ask their permission. Even though it was a formality, they were grateful that he did it. This is why I didn't want to elope. I wanted my parents to be apart of it.

MiamMiam
03-29-2007, 04:48 AM
My father holds a doctrine and teaches physics at a well known university. My mother is a corporate lawyer. My dad moved from Spain to New York City, NY with his mother, father, my grandparents and my great aunt when he was nine years old. Two years later they moved to Chicago.

My grandpapa worked hard in a factory to save money to send my dad to college. While he was in college he met my mother.

My dad was raised by very strict parents and passed it along to Jean and I. Dinner was always served at 5pm, if we weren't home we didn't eat. We dressed for dinner. That meant a real dress. We were never allowed lean back in our chair at the dinner table. We had a curfew at midnight until we were 18. If we went out on a date, the boy came to the door. Needless to say he was always greeted by my dad. Before we went to bed or went out, our homework was checked by either my mom or dad. Our rooms had to be clean and the beds made before we went to school.

But with these kinds of rules, I loved my parents dearly. My grandmama lived with us after grandpapa passed away. She would tell us stories of times back in Spain when she was a little girl. I remember how she taught us how to eat. 'Only animals lean over their food. A lady always brings the food up to her lips.' I miss her so much. She passed away four years ago. Me and Jean could talk to our parents about anything. When we had a problem we always felt we could go to them.

When Jim decided to ask me to marry him, he went to my parents to ask their permission. Even though it was a formality, they were grateful that he did it. This is why I didn't want to elope. I wanted my parents to be apart of it.

Granted I didn't grow up so strictly, or with my father for that matter, my grandparents are like yours I think. And if I were to ever get married, I wouldn't say my fiance needed to ask my mom and step-dad for their permission (I don't think my father has the right of saying whether or not he approves who I'm with since I haven't seen him since I was 9), but I would really like to have their approval as my mom means a lot to me...I could never get married if my mom didn't approve.

NYMedStudent
03-29-2007, 05:11 AM

It sounds like you grew up in a 1950s TV studio. Were your nextdoor neighbors' names by chance Wally and Beaver? Or was Jim your only Beaver Cleaver?

OGRE
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
My grandpapa worked hard in a factory to save money to send my dad to college.

Work ethic! It's a dying breed today.

My dad was raised by very strict parents and passed it along to Jean and I.

Is this the same parent that worked his ass off to get your dad through college? Work ethic. Discipline! These foundations of society are generational...passed on...and on.

Dinner was always served at 5pm, if we weren't home we didn't eat.

Why do kids think their parents are waiters and waitresses on call? Good for them.

We dressed for dinner. That meant a real dress.

Although I wouldn't go that far in our society today, I do believe it instills a sense of dressing "appropriately" for dinner. Don't come to the dinner table with dirty clothes. Sometimes "what" we are required to do is not the point. It's the discipline instilled in performing the "what" that is important.

We were never allowed lean back in our chair at the dinner table.

Nothing wrong with that rule. Aside from the fact you can tumble backwards and kill yourself, this is a discipline issue. Respect. Not just respect for parents, but respect for EVERYONE at that table...particularly guests. Also, if you do it at home, you'll do it at other folks homes and when eating out.

We had a curfew at midnight until we were 18.

Excellent!!!

If we went out on a date, the boy came to the door.

Fantastic!!

Needless to say he was always greeted by my dad.

Way to go dad!!!!

Before we went to bed or went out, our homework was checked by either my mom or dad.

It's called being a parent and caring about the future of your children!

Our rooms had to be clean and the beds made before we went to school.

Wow, you were actually expected to keep your room clean. Oh my, teens today would have a stroke with that kind of expectation!

But with these kinds of rules, I loved my parents dearly.

Hell yeah! It sounds like you had some excellent parents.

When Jim decided to ask me to marry him, he went to my parents to ask their permission. Even though it was a formality, they were grateful that he did it.

It's called RESPECT. And from what I hear, it's respect well deserved.

You have VERY WISE parents. If parents today were as disciplined as yours, the world would be a much nicer place.

BlancZulu
03-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I think my mom is even more strict, but I love her dearly! your love for your parents grow as you learn to respect them and UNDERSTAND their decisions. Their rules are there to protect and guide you thus they show how much the care! Some parents can be overly protective, I wont argue but htey stilll love you all the same.

Deepwaters
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM

As I said, education and independence usually but not always mean a more modern attitude. I didn't mean to imply that your parents were uneducated and if that was what came across, please accept my apology.

Spain! I wondered where your ethnicity was from, and thought you had a Hispanic look about you, but that I would not have guessed.

Good stories. And I am sure you loved your parents very much. Strictness doesn't kill love, only cruelty or neglect.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-29-2007, 05:51 PM
As I said, education and independence usually but not always mean a more modern attitude. I didn't mean to imply that your parents were uneducated and if that was what came across, please accept my apology.

Spain! I wondered where your ethnicity was from, and thought you had a Hispanic look about you, but that I would not have guessed.

Good stories. And I am sure you loved your parents very much. Strictness doesn't kill love, only cruelty or neglect.

I think Rocket still loves her parents.

nexarone
04-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Alizée has straight-up stated in interview that she doesn't smoke. She said she doesn't care if others do it, she believes it is each person's choice, but that "tobacco isn't for me." She pulled a bit of a face when she said it

She's a smoker. A passive one, that is. She was living in the same house as her smoker mother for at least 19 years didn't she?

Joey_adore_Jung
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
She's a smoker. A passive one, that is. She was living in the same house as her smoker mother for at least 19 years didn't she?

who really cares if she smokes first of all it was her choice and her mother was a smoker. Choice is everything in the world that is why our wotld is the way it is. truth is the kinda makes me worry about her litte ann.

Suitor
04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
who really cares if she smokes first of all it was her choice and her mother was a smoker. Choice is everything in the world that is why our wotld is the way it is. truth is the kinda makes me worry about her litte ann.First of all we care that why we are fans and second you must realize that there are positive and negative choices. For example if she would want to kill herself or injure herself in high level or poison herself or become a criminal and do negative stuff to others and even be in jail where there are nonpositive people and life conditions(sorry for examples but at least you understand the meaning of this idea with first time) then you think it would be OK and no one cared? Get real. True fun would never want that to happen with idol even if idol would insist. So the argument that everybody has choice and it's always acceptable is another stereotype and as we all know they are bullshit. Imho smoking,drugs,drinking etc. in this line is bad because it destroys you as a human and make you some kind of a zombie and robot mixture with no humanity and with no joy in life and after that raping thing it finally ends your life and you no longer exist. Do you still think that it's good idea and want something like that to happen with Alizee? Get a life..

Drake498
04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
First of all we care that why we are fans and second you must realize that there are positive and negative choices. For example if she would want to kill herself or injure herself in high level or poison herself or become a criminal and do negative stuff to others and even be in jail where there are nonpositive people and life conditions(sorry for examples but at least you understand the meaning of this idea with first time) then you think it would be OK and no one cared? Get real. True fun would never want that to happen with idol even if idol would insist. So the argument that everybody has choice and it's always acceptable is another stereotype and as we all know they are bullshit. Imho smoking,drugs,drinking etc. in this line is bad because it destroys you as a human and make you some kind of a zombie and robot mixture with no humanity and with no joy in life and after that raping thing it finally ends your life and you no longer exist. Do you still think that it's good idea and want something like that to happen with Alizee? Get a life..

hey hey relax their 'oh holy warrior'

I do agree that smoking is a bad idea and a possible destructive choice, however, I stongly believe in freedom. And its not that we dont care about Alizée if she passively smokes, WE DO CARE, so dont put words in our mouths or accuse us of not caring. Again, altough smoking can be potentially destructive, you can't justify to us, nor prove that everyone who smokes will turn into your "zombie/robot bizarre fantasy" I believe that if Alizée wants a occasional smoke, (altough i'd rather her not) that its not my choice or decision, so i should have no control over it. The only time to interject or intervine is if this does become a destructive habit. WE CARE, oh yes WE CARE, but we are not her controller, we do not govern her life, she governs her life and her choices

So just relax Suitor, maybe get a life :p

NYMedStudent
04-27-2007, 02:05 AM
hey hey relax their 'oh holy warrior'

I do agree that smoking is a bad idea and a possible destructive choice, however, I stongly believe in freedom. And its not that we dont care about Alizée if she passively smokes, WE DO CARE, so dont put words in our mouths or accuse us of not caring. Again, altough smoking can be potentially destructive, you can't justify to us, nor prove that everyone who smokes will turn into your "zombie/robot bizarre fantasy" I believe that if Alizée wants a occasional smoke, (altough i'd rather her not) that its not my choice or decision, so i should have no control over it. The only time to interject or intervine is if this does become a destructive habit. WE CARE, oh yes WE CARE, but we are not her controller, we do not govern her life, she governs her life and her choices

So just relax Suitor, maybe get a life :p

Actually smoking is DEFINITELY destructive, and some of the ways in which the 4000 chemicals in a cigarette form synergisms to cause systemic damage have not even yet been fully elucidated. What we know is that each puff of smoke is directly toxic to lung tissue, and the resident Dust cells respond by calling in neutrophils, which actually make the situation worse since their tissue degrading enzymes go unchecked by the now smoke-inhibited alpha1-antitrypsin. Result: lots of holes in your alveoli. Put a whole bunch of these holes and the results is COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Think respirator and oxygen tank.
http://www.pasteur.fr/icono/RAR/RAR2002/photo_1_Defin-en.jpg
And not to mention that each puff destroys the little hairs along your bronchi and trachea, effectively ruining your elevator system to get rid of mucus from the lungs. That's why smokers have to cough to get that crap out.
http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/histology/labmanual2002/labsection2/Respiratory03_files/image002.jpg

Oh, and as for the zombie thing, he's not far off either. Nicotine stimulates the acetylcholine receptors on the dopaminergic neurons in your brain. This results in release of dopamine into the nucleus accumbens, amygdala, and prefrontal cortex. This is the typical dopamine reward system encountered in most drug addictions, and the reason why you seek out good food and sex. What this system serves to do is to override the higher judgment you get from your cortex. Essentially you become a slave... a zombie if you will... to seek out more of the dopamine, regardless of peril or bodily harm.

Oh, and I don't think any person here believes that they can control Alizee's life. So your penultimate concluding sentence really makes no useful argument.

http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20010305/neuron.jpg
http://www.drugabuse.gov/pubs/teaching/Teaching3/largegifs/slide-4.gif

http://137.222.110.150/calnet/UMN/image/tectum%20&%20tegmentum%20of%20midbrain-fixed%20photo.jpg

Matrix
04-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I've said this before and I will say it again... Alizee is a rebel. Clear a path, here comes Alizee!!! :)

Drake498
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
NYMedStudent:

Honestly, thank you for all the conclusive information about smoking, and i agree with all the facts presented. However, how often does Alizée smoke? does anyone know? Allow me to admit that on few occasions I smoke as well, but not on a regular basis, and i wouldnt classify myself as a "smoker". As far as i believe, Alizée only occasionally smokes, maybe even only once in great while, idk, but i'm saying that a cigar or cigarette on entirely few occasions is not going to destroy you as it is so overtly said. In addition, u used the word "addiction" which is far different from a few and far between smoke, I am not addictied to Cigars/Cigarettes, and as far as i know, Alizée isn't either, i agree with the problems presented to "smokers" but you must analyze how often and what kind of cigar/cigarette in these studies, especially concerning this. But again, thank you very much for the information to those who need it :D

As for the last statement, it was just a poke at Suitor for what he said at Joey, no harm :p relax :D

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
First of all we care that why we are fans and second you must realize that there are positive and negative choices. For example if she would want to kill herself or injure herself in high level or poison herself or become a criminal and do negative stuff to others and even be in jail where there are nonpositive people and life conditions(sorry for examples but at least you understand the meaning of this idea with first time) then you think it would be OK and no one cared? Get real. True fun would never want that to happen with idol even if idol would insist. So the argument that everybody has choice and it's always acceptable is another stereotype and as we all know they are bullshit. Imho smoking,drugs,drinking etc. in this line is bad because it destroys you as a human and make you some kind of a zombie and robot mixture with no humanity and with no joy in life and after that raping thing it finally ends your life and you no longer exist. Do you still think that it's good idea and want something like that to happen with Alizee? Get a life..

wow man all i'm saying is it is her choice you can't do that for her you can care for her but that's all you can do and no need to be a jerk i care as i said before it is her choice and i am worrying it might be harming her child more than herself so calm down man i have a life and i don't want anyhting horrible to happen to Alizee just it is a lot less likely to happan if she smokes like every month or 2 weeks but a pzck a day will get you cancer and hearts attacks are caused by stress. so i'll say it again calm down

kdn
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
...Do you still think that it's good idea and want something like that to happen with Alizee? Get a life..
Do you happen to be a youtuber or an active digger?

Drake498
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
wow man all i'm saying is it is her choice you can't do that for her you can care for her but that's all you can do and no need to be a jerk i care as i said before it is her choice and i am worrying it might be harming her child more than herself so calm down man i have a life and i don't want anyhting horrible to happen to Alizee just it is a lot less likely to happan if she smokes like every month or 2 weeks but a pzck a day will get you cancer and hearts attacks are caused by stress. so i'll say it again calm down

Do you happen to be a youtuber or an active digger?

As for the last statement, it was just a poke at Suitor for what he said at Joey, no harm :p relax :D

See what i mean NYMedStudent?

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
i have a question to us al why are we fighting over Alizee smoking sure it does damage but were all afriends here i guess it's her choice as soon as soon as some people realize that we can get along better and i don't support Alizee smoking but again it's her choice i don't like the fact it harms her child again it's her choice. ok but from what i know about smoking is that is can cause cancer there is a less of a chance if you don't smoke as much just like i said about heart attacks they are mostly caused by great amounts of stress. As well as well the artery getting clogged by fat which pushes the heart and after the hearts attack comes cartiac arrest. just to let some of you know

Zack -Alizee Lover-
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
i have a question to us al why are we fighting over Alizee smoking sure it does damage but were all afriends here i guess it's her choice as soon as soon as some people realize that we can get along better and i don't support Alizee smoking but again it's her choice i don't like the fact it harms her child again it's her choice. ok but from what i know about smoking is that is can cause cancer there is a less of a chance if you don't smoke as much just like i said about heart attacks they are mostly caused by great amounts of stress. As well as well the artery getting clogged by fat which pushes the heart and after the hearts attack comes cartiac arrest. just to let some of you know

Joey do you ever use commas? (,) :confused:

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 05:40 PM

if you read the post you can actually find the answer to that question

Drake498
04-27-2007, 06:21 PM

meh... no, idk if he knows what a comma is!
ITS ONE OF THESE JOEY --> , <-- its the button with the < on the top and the , on the bottom :D

i'm just messing Joey :p
dont take it personally

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
meh... no, idk if he knows what a comma is!
ITS ONE OF THESE JOEY --> , <-- its the button with the < on the top and the , on the bottom :D

i'm just messing Joey :p
dont take it personally

ouch my pride i feel insulted so mean what i do
nah not insulted very funny :D

NYMedStudent
04-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Actually stress (having an A type personality) is only one possible risk factor for heart attacks (MI). More generally, this falls under the category of increased hypertension (blood pressure). Stress and anxiety produce an adrenergic (think adrenaline) response that constricts blood vessels, raising the blood pressure. It's really this hypertension that is the provoker. Since the inside of the vessels have less room for blood, there is a higher pressure inside them.

How does high blood pressure then cause an MI? Firstly, the heart has to work much harder to get the blood around the body through these narrower vessels. Like any other muscle, the heart needs oxygen from the blood too. So the increased workload increases oxygen demand in the heart, which makes it much more likely to start failing if there's some type of blockage.

And, secondly, guess what... nicotine enhances formation of these blocks. It increases deposition of fatty streaks along the blood vessels. Let's say you add on top of that a genetic tendency for bad cholesterol or a high calorie diet, your risk for MI goes through the roof. These last two risk factors are very common.

Once you have the plaques, it's just a matter of time before one of them ruptures and triggers a blood clot which will seal off the entire vessel. Hopefully you're lucky enough that you can deal without that vessel, but more often than not, this ends up being in a coronary artery or breaking free from the inconsequential vessel and traveling to your brain to find a nice site to sit in. BAM, MI. BAM, stroke.

http://health.yahoo.com/media/healthwise/nr551614.jpg

As you can see, I'd worry about lung cancer if I was smoking for a long time, but the hypertension and cardiovascular risks involved with smoking are much more relevant for a younger person like Alizee.

And for God's sake, dont' smoke and take birth control pills. You're begging for a stroke.

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Actually stress (having an A type personality) is only one possible risk factor for heart attacks (MI). More generally, this falls under the category of increased hypertension (blood pressure). Stress and anxiety produce an adrenergic (think adrenaline) response that constricts blood vessels, raising the blood pressure. It's really this hypertension that is the provoker. Since the inside of the vessels have less room for blood, there is a higher pressure inside them.

How does high blood pressure then cause an MI? Firstly, the heart has to work much harder to get the blood around the body through these narrower vessels. Like any other muscle, the heart needs oxygen from the blood too. So the increased workload increases oxygen demand in the heart, which makes it much more likely to start failing if there's some type of blockage.

And, secondly, guess what... nicotine enhances formation of these blocks. It increases deposition of fatty streaks along the blood vessels. Let's say you add on top of that a genetic tendency for bad cholesterol or a high calorie diet, your risk for MI goes through the roof. These last two risk factors are very common.

Once you have the plaques, it's just a matter of time before one of them ruptures and triggers a blood clot which will seal off the entire vessel. Hopefully you're lucky enough that you can deal without that vessel, but more often than not, this ends up being in a coronary artery or breaking free from the inconsequential vessel and traveling to your brain to find a nice site to sit in. BAM, MI. BAM, stroke.

http://health.yahoo.com/media/healthwise/nr551614.jpg

As you can see, I'd worry about lung cancer if I was smoking for a long time, but the hypertension and cardiovascular risks involved with smoking are much more relevant for a younger person like Alizee.

And for God's sake, dont' smoke and take birth control pills. You're begging for a stroke.

ok you had me lost not even halfway through good job nymedstudent. ok then well i am worried too.

Drake498
04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
uh... did NY quote the wrong person??

NYMedStudent
04-27-2007, 08:58 PM
uh... did NY quote the wrong person??

Prolly. OOPS!!

http://ballz.info/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Oops%20Britney%20does%20it%20again.jpg

Drake498
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
http://ballz.info/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Oops%20Britney%20does%20it%20again.jpg

LMAO, Yes thats perfect >_<

Joey_adore_Jung
04-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Prolly. OOPS!!

SHE NEARLY DROPPED HER BABY WHAT A RESPONSIBLE MOTHER. dropping your baby is so mean that's what screws them up amkes them become failure's, like myself for a good example

Drake498
04-28-2007, 09:10 AM
SHE NEARLY DROPPED HER BABY WHAT A RESPONSIBLE MOTHER. dropping your baby is so mean that's what screws them up amkes them become failure's, like myself for a good example

i think Britney is just following a long line of dropped babies...

NYMedStudent
04-29-2007, 02:07 AM

Once again Joey you are not completely on point. Dropping a baby is mean, sure. Just depends where you're dropping it. A post office box? Not cool. A tub full of plastic colored balls at a fast food chain? Still not cool, but you're making progress. Dropping a baby when an eagle is attacking you so that you could better fight off it's talons? Probably smart. Dropping a baby off at school so it doesn't grow to be a failure? Probably smartest.

Oh and don't beat urself up about being a failure. Remember it's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit, as Rocky would say.

If you want, I can punch you a few times so you can understand.

:p

Drake498
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Once again Joey you are not completely on point. Dropping a baby is mean, sure. Just depends where you're dropping it. A post office box? Not cool. A tub full of plastic colored balls at a fast food chain? Still not cool, but you're making progress. Dropping a baby when an eagle is attacking you so that you could better fight off it's talons? Probably smart. Dropping a baby off at school so it doesn't grow to be a failure? Probably smartest.

Dont take everything we say so seriously :rolleyes:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok back to the topic
Here are some pics of my gf, errr i mean Alizee's family :rolleyes:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7128/normal00464453000016ae8.jpg

NYMedStudent
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Dont take everything we say so seriously :rolleyes:

Don't take everything I say so seriously.

http://www.political-comedy-central.com/bush/bush5/BushClown.jpg

NYMedStudent
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok back to the topic
Here are some pics of my gf, errr i mean Alizee's family :rolleyes:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7128/normal00464453000016ae8.jpg

Is that an aunt and uncle? It doesn't look like her parents. I don't know, it's hard to tell... this papaRATzi just doesn't know how to stalk properly. He should have been in the water, dammit.

The brother doesn't look happy about being made to wade behind the boat.

I also conclude from other pics I've seen that Alizee hates bra lines.

Drake498
04-29-2007, 08:14 PM

lol, nice pic
i was being sarcastic, hence the eyeroll :p

Joey_adore_Jung
04-29-2007, 11:19 PM

don't worry NYmedstudent i usually don't.

davmuz
05-04-2007, 06:41 PM

shame you cant repalt the 'T' over his left ear for an 'S'

Joey_adore_Jung
05-04-2007, 08:11 PM
if you ask me hes got a woody and is trying to hide it :))

really didn't need to go to the gutter Dav seriously i try to keep out of there.

Hylas1896
06-15-2007, 02:45 AM
I've only thought of it from a brother's perspective. It must've been reeaaal tough on him hahaha.

Not really. Being serious, I have a friend who knew a really attractive younger girl in his neighborhood. I mentioned how attractive I thought she was, and he said that she was always just the little girl next door and was never attractive to him at all, even now that they were both in high school or college or whatever. Certainly things don't always work this way, especially if it's someone like Alizee, but psychology does weird things.

Speaking personally, These days, 4 years difference is NOTHING if I'm going out on a date. 25 vs 21 or 27 vs 23. But a while back with the same people and things were so much different. I certainly didn't think to say a friendly and honest hello to the shy 12 year olds I knew when I was 16! Age does matter a lot more when you're younger, of course, but sometimes people think it's beneath them to even associate with people a few years younger. A few friendly hellos and acknowledgment's would do a lot for the confidence of younger people and a lot for the social skills of the older.

Hylas1896

PS Sorry for rambling, I've got the writing bug lately.

thats amazazazing
06-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Is that an aunt and uncle? It doesn't look like her parents. I don't know, it's hard to tell... this papaRATzi just doesn't know how to stalk properly. He should have been in the water, dammit.

The brother doesn't look happy about being made to wade behind the boat.

I also conclude from other pics I've seen that Alizee hates bra lines.

these details obviously matter...

you creep me out

Drake498
06-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Don't worry about it, everyone here does :p
--->ask Joey... lol jk man :D

garçoncanadien
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
read the news articles in the link RMJ gave me to know more about her family ;)

Joey_adore_Jung
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM

ahh well it's ok mate, good to know i'm not hte only one.

--->ask Joey... lol jk man :D

yes Drake your quite right, thoguh i don't think your the first to point that out.

Drake498
06-15-2007, 06:41 PM
--->ask Joey... lol jk man :Dyes Drake your quite right, thoguh i don't think your the first to point that out.

lol i know, which makes what i said... also spam!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! lol, i'm just messin joey ;) its all good man :D

aditya8617
06-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Which interview does Alizee say she doesn't smoke?

read the news articles in the link RMJ gave me to know more about her family ;)

Which articles?

Drake498
06-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Which interview does Alizee say she doesn't smoke?I recall her sayin she smokes only on occasion....

garçoncanadien
06-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Which interview does Alizee say she doesn't smoke?
Which articles?

aditya go here ;) http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.php?language=fr&content=press read them all muahahahah ;)

Deepwaters
06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
In one of those interviews from 2000 or 2001, she said that she doesn't go to clubs much because she can't stand the smell of smoke.

Of course, now that France has banned smoking in public places, that won't be a problem any more, and one might well run into Lili cruising the dance clubs in Paris or Ajaccio. (I assume Ajaccio has dance clubs? Well, Paris for sure anyway.)

If you did, would you ask her to dance? Be honest. ;)

Deus_Ex
06-16-2007, 10:28 AM
In one of those interviews from 2000 or 2001, she said that she doesn't go to clubs much because she can't stand the smell of smoke.

Of course, now that France has banned smoking in public places, that won't be a problem any more, and one might well run into Lili cruising the dance clubs in Paris or Ajaccio. (I assume Ajaccio has dance clubs? Well, Paris for sure anyway.)

i think the only possible way she would agree to dancing is if you pretended that you didn't know who she is.

plus with cell phone cameras and other small electronic devices, it'd be hard to not have any pictures popping up on the internet. for example, "hey readers of my blog, guess who i saw grinding in a dance club?"

Deus_Ex
06-16-2007, 10:29 AM

a lot of clubs and bars around here have hookahs so people can smoke without spreading the smoke and smell too far (called hookah bars).

aditya8617
06-16-2007, 10:40 AM
aditya go here ;) http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/page.php?language=fr&content=press read them all muahahahah ;)

:eek: so many, but thanks. I will read them at some point.

I recall her sayin she smokes only on occasion....

Are you sure?

RMJ
06-16-2007, 10:49 AM
She doesn't smoke.

Deus_Ex
06-16-2007, 10:56 AM
She doesn't smoke.

are you alizee?

(i'm pretty sure she's probably another forum junky, i just gotta find her.)

RMJ
06-16-2007, 10:58 AM
If I were, would you go out with me ?

No, but she's a smart girl.

Deepwaters
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
He's right, she's said it several times, and she's also said she's allergic to smoke in open air, makes her eyes swell up. Not a smoker. Why do people want to make her out to have one of the worst possible drug habits in the world? She doesn't smoke. Deal!

This close to her return, I don't believe Alizée is posting under a pseudonym on this or any other fan sites any longer. So there's not much point in looking for her. When her official site is back up, she'll communicate there, as herself.

Drake498
06-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Which interview does Alizee say she doesn't smoke?I recall her sayin she smokes only on occasion....She doesn't smoke.

Ok so then i came across this post:

Oooohh... shut down... :o sry guys, i'm definately wrong ;)

heyamigo
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
i can care less whether she smokes or not. from what i know she made those comments long time ago, when she was still a teenager. if she started smoking, who cares? it's her choice, she's got her reasons to do whatever she wants, that should not affect how we view her.

thats amazazazing
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
who cares? these threads are getting increasingly idiotic.

lead2gold
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
i can care less whether she smokes or not. from what i know she made those comments long time ago, when she was still a teenager. if she started smoking, who cares? it's her choice, she's got her reasons to do whatever she wants, that should not affect how we view her.

Because it will certainly affect her voice.

bt_bird_90
06-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I care about parents who smoke, everyone else, go ahead, you're not living for anyone else, lungs are overrated anyway.

Drake498
06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
^lol lungs are totally overrated :p
I smoke on occasion... and i dont plan to live a particularly long life, especially way b4 lung cancer or anything happens... so love the life you live :D