PDA

View Full Version : Tempête

OGRE
03-28-2007, 07:41 AM
This isn't a translation question per se, but more of an "interpretation" question.

What the hell is this song about? I've become pretty good at figuring Mylène out with most of her lyrics, but this one is causing me some difficulty. I've searched the various forums and failed to find anything helpful. Again, I've seen the translations, so I have an understanding of the "words". I'm having a hard time figuring out the message.

As the resident Alizée America "OGRE", I'm particularly interested in the meaning behind the reference to my namesake.:D

garçoncanadien
03-28-2007, 08:11 AM
the correct answer is here :D

Analyse personnel d'Anthony (http://forums.alizeealliance.net/alizee/index.php?showtopic=7308)

OGRE
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks garçoncanadien!

Alizée must be having an assimilating affect on me. I was able to comprehend about half of the explanation (in French) without resorting to langauge tools.

garçoncanadien
03-28-2007, 02:16 PM
oh good good you are being Frenchified :D I like to hear that :p

Edcognito
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know where i can find an english translation, of the explanation? :)

STILL can't read a word of French . . . .

(When Alizée takes over the world, will there be a "grace" period for those of us who CAN'T speak french?)

;-)

Ed

garçoncanadien
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
it doesn't exist.

i will have to make it for you u see :D Anthony said on his explanation "please don't take this and put it on your sites" so I will ask permission to translate for you :) although it may take some time because my schoolwork is catching my life on fire you see ;)

Cooney
03-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, without reading gç's link, or looking at the lyrics again, I can tell you pretty much that it's about Napoleon. It doesn't ever mention him by name, but it references occurences in his life, and is a song of love, courage, and loyalty.

Napoleon is a fellow Ajaccian Corsican and Alizée, being Ajaccian herself, is no doubt proud of that fact. This song and Mon Maquis are both very heavily influenced by Alizée's Corsican identity.

If I get off my butt and do some translations of songs again, I'll be sure to include this one.

SupaKrupa
03-29-2007, 05:02 AM
Thanks. My favourite song yet I've never had an idea what it was about too :) - I will attempt to decipher this so called... "french".

garçoncanadien
03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
I got a

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6312&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=001ff23a597c4c276a90c29b503cb553

for the translation :D

so you will have all Anthony's interpretations of Alizée's songs in the future.

picture courtesy of RATPman, from Navily, le mobilité c'est essentiel

SupaKrupa
03-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Hmm. Much better now that I know this song's got so much symbolism and meaning to it ! :D Thanks gc.