PDA

View Full Version : When did you discover Alizee????

nate714
06-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I learned of Alizee a week ago today.

How about everybody else?

brad
06-17-2006, 02:06 AM
about 2 years ago for me. i first heard of her in the forums of a game called 'World War II Online'

nate714
06-17-2006, 02:14 AM
haha. somebody linked a video on the World of Warcraft forums, thats how I learned about her.

acer
06-17-2006, 01:46 PM
a few weeks ago for me while randomly looking at music videos. i got hooked bad O_O

dvtq
06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
i dont remember when, maybe 2 years ago , that day i go to my friend's 4rum and see her videoclip , i'm very like it, but my net is Dial up, it took alot of time to find more and i forgot her about 5 month until i have a good net in my house :rolleyes: and .............
haha. somebody linked a video on the World of Warcraft forums, thats how I learned about her.
i go to forum Lineage2 :D to ask about 1 class call blade dancer, my friend post her clip inside and said this over powerful dancer, noone can beat her =))

droggo
06-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I learned of her a few months ago when I saw her little dance gif on a post in a forum. I started poking around, looking for who it was in that gif....found some videos....been hooked ever since.

nate714
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
sounds like most/all of us learned of her on the internet hehe.

Thats pretty cool, maybe somebody should make a myspace Alizee club and spread the word around, lots of people use myspace hehe.

Brianh
06-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I think it was about a year ago, her site was still up but shortley after went offline.

Jason
06-18-2006, 01:12 PM
It was somewhere around 8 months ago for me so I never saw that site.

acer
06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Thats pretty cool, maybe somebody should make a myspace Alizee club and spread the word around, lots of people use myspace hehe.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=41609244
but they are a little slow in confirming "add friends" :(

Jason
06-18-2006, 01:36 PM
That profile should mention moi-alizee.us.

nate714
06-18-2006, 06:30 PM
well the website is only like 3 days old hehe.

Matrix
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Two months ago.. i was surfing Youtube.com videos and I came across a video called J'en ai marre! It showed a still frame of this cute girl dressed in black... so I clicked on it and was hooked immediately.

I loved her French sound, her style, even though I cant speak French it didn't matter. Pretty soon I found all her videos on youtube and google-video and I liked every song she sang, all of them. She has an extraordinary voice.

After doing some research I found out Alizee has been around since year 2000 singing hit songs, but I never once heard one of her songs here in the USA. Thank god we got the internet and youtube and google video.

I also bought the Alizee en Concert DVD from amazon.french, its awesome!

Shep
06-26-2006, 10:28 PM
About two weeks ago for me. A friend of mine posted her J'en ai Marre video on a forum and I was amazed by her presence then on.

Music is pretty good, but I prefer just to know about her personality then anything.

Calle
06-28-2006, 08:15 AM
about 2 years ago for me. i first heard of her in the forums of a game called 'World War II Online'

Definatley in the WWIIOL OT forums.. All started with some pics and then Eukeyant and Muzzein started to regularly post pictures in a massive alizée thread which was like 295 pages long. I started to talk with then and downloaded alot of stuff from Muzz's FTP which took hours since I live in Europe. Since then I've been hooked.. Havn't talked to Eukie in a long time aswell :(.

cybersoil
06-29-2006, 07:44 AM
I learned of Alizee in March 2005. I downloaded 2 of her videos, "Ella, Elle La" and "J'en Ai Marre" France Gall version. After that, I, like everyone else, fell in love with her big time. How can anyone not fall in love with her. Been hooked ever since. Got most of her videos, 1000's of photos, all of her music, bought her Hi-Def Concert DVD, posters, and even took a French class to help me get a foundation to understand her. I even put on a Hi-Def Alizee virtual (12 feet wide) concert at a local French restaurant and it had a full house. Also put on a Jenifer Bartoli virtual concert and Les Enfoires virtual concert at later dates also to full houses. Yep... I'm hooked alright. Oh Alizee... look what you've done to me. But I love it!

Cybersoil

Selphi3
06-29-2006, 09:20 AM
The first time i ever heard of her was when Moi...Lolita hit our top charts, i've been looking for other songs of her about half a month ago, when i heard Moi...Lolita again since a long time, i now have her concert on dvd, some of her most popular songs, and a good heap of pics ;)

RadioactiveMan
06-29-2006, 11:54 PM
I found a video of hers a relatively long time ago (I don't remember how long ago) and I decided that I liked it. I joined this forum today because I found it while looking for a picture of the plane that Alizee drew in order to make this signature: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4630/alizplanepng1tw.png.

The signature is part of an inside joke that is apparently unfunny to everyone but me. For almost two years, I've frequented socom3.com. When I showed them (friends that I met on socom3.com) some of the songs and videos they decided that I'm gay (they would have thought that I'm gay anyway so it's not an issue :p ). I've made a couple signatures about Alizee over the past couple of months and they think that I'm obessesed just because I have her songs playing whenever I'm talking to them on Skype. Anyway, I made the airplane sig because the Signature of the Week competition has an airplane theme this week. I was giggling to myself for about half an hour in anticipation of their reactions when they saw that I switched my entry from a signature based on the Avro Arrow to the plane that Alizee drew. (I've been on socom3.com and a couple other websited for very close to twelve hours so far today so anything a little bit funny makes me laugh).

I only have one wish right now and that is that nobody finds out that I posted here. A couple of weeks ago I swore to a friend that I only registered on alizee-forum.com to find a picture for a sig and that I wouldn't go back. Even if this isn't the same forum, he wouldn't speak to me ever again if he found out that I did this. Some people are just unreasonable. :D

brad
06-30-2006, 12:09 AM
haha .. you should give your friends a link to this website, i doubt they will think you are 'gay' after viewing some of these videos.

I mean .. how can you say no to this?

http://moi-alizee.us/img/alizee_cold.jpg

Selphi3
06-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Now you're being made out for gay if you like sexy women singing cool songs?,i don't really get that.
(i do have to admit that most of my friends are making fun of me listnening to Alizée allmost all the time but they atleast think she's hot)
maybe i can convince them that her singing is great too :P

nate714
06-30-2006, 06:32 AM
my friends think I'm a weirdo for listening to French pop music, but they are intelligent enough not to acuse me of being gay haha. I have been called a panzy over the issue though.

Selphi3
06-30-2006, 07:33 AM
They are kinda used to me listnening "strange" music, cause i used to lisnen to japanese pop too :P and french is a lot closer to us so they don't really mind it, i just have to be made out for weird every now and then :P

RadioactiveMan
06-30-2006, 01:17 PM
my friends think I'm a weirdo for listening to French pop music, but they are intelligent enough not to acuse me of being gay haha. I have been called a panzy over the issue though.
See, that is my problem right there. I don't have intelligent friends. :p

nate714
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
See, that is my problem right there. I don't have intelligent friends. :p

I dont have intelligent friends either, we've been arrested for playing literal hot-potatoe with a flaming soccer ball in the middle of an intersection......

Selphi3
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
playing literal hot-potatoe with a flaming soccer ball in the middle of an intersection......
Sounds like fun to me lol :P

nate714
06-30-2006, 04:21 PM
it was, we made the local paper.... it was a few years ago so the link is dead but I took a screenshot haha.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=410711

Selphi3
06-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Haha, way to go :P being in the newspaper by kicking a flaming ball around, what the hell did you guys take to come up with something like that :P
Well, don't want to spoil the fun but once again we're going way off topic :P
(i somehow don't mind since most of us allready told how we learned of Alizée, but still the wrong topic :P)

scameter
07-01-2006, 04:42 AM
I first learned of Alizee when searching for French culture on wikipedia, and then after searching for French pop music. But, oddly, the first thing I saw of hers was a concert of Moi...Lolita in Amsterdam. The date wasn't posted on the video, unfortunately; I'm curious of how old she was. I've never seen it anywhere else, including this site. Has anyone else?

cybersoil
07-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Scameter, I wrote a very nice and long reply but unfortunately it didn't take for some reason. So I'll make this one short.

The Alizée video you're referring to was taped during a show put on by TMF (The Music Factory) in Amsterdam in 2000 or 2001. She was, I believe, 16 years old at the time, near the start of her career.

If you know how to do it, you can download many Alizée videos right now, 01 Jul 06, including the Amsterdam video, from the NewsGroups (aka UseNet) in: alt.binaries.mpeg.video.music Someone posted a flood of Alizée videos, many are live performances.

I hope this helps answer your question

- Cybersoil

PS
I've seen on your posting that you're 15 years old, so for you at least it should be ok. But be forwarned, Alizée is extremely dangerous and that's no joke. Over the last year I've seen many of my friends, including myself, fall madly in love with her. So much so that they can do nothing but think of her all day and all night. The more you are exposed to her the worse it will get. After experiencing this myself and actually seeing it happen to many others I can only believe that she is truely a siren. I've never, ever, ever seen a woman have this kind of power and influence over men before, bar none! And believe me, I'm old enough to know.

When I first discovered Alizée I was also warned about her charms and how they would have an effect on me and other men but I didn't believe it. To my emotional peril and great joy also I found that the people who warned me from the beginning, indeed, knew exactly what they were talking about. Before you know it you'll be making websites in tribute to her, and that's only the beginning. So be forwarned! Once Alizée gets her hooks into you it is extremely... extremely difficult to get them out. Time... a long time... seems to be the only hope for cure.

scameter
07-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Scameter, I wrote a very nice and long reply but unfortunately it didn't take for some reason. So I'll make this one short.

The Alizée video you're referring to was taped during a show put on by TMF (The Music Factory) in Amsterdam in 2000 or 2001. She was, I believe, 16 years old at the time, near the start of her career.

If you know how to do it, you can download many Alizée videos right now, 01 Jul 06, including the Amsterdam video, from the NewsGroups (aka UseNet) in: alt.binaries.mpeg.video.music Someone posted a flood of Alizée videos, many are live performances.

I hope this helps answer your question

- Cybersoil

PS
I've seen on your posting that you're 15 years old, so for you at least it should be ok. But be forwarned, Alizée is extremely dangerous and that's no joke. Over the last year I've seen many of my friends, including myself, fall madly in love with her. So much so that they can do nothing but think of her all day and all night. The more you are exposed to her the worse it will get. After experiencing this myself and actually seeing it happen to many others I can only believe that she is truely a siren. I've never, ever, ever seen a woman have this kind of power and influence over men before, bar none! And believe me, I'm old enough to know.

When I first discovered Alizée I was also warned about her charms and how they would have an effect on me and other men but I didn't believe it. To my emotional peril and great joy also I found that the people who warned me from the beginning, indeed, knew exactly what they were talking about. Before you know it you'll be making websites in tribute to her, and that's only the beginning. So be forwarned! Once Alizée gets her hooks into you it is extremely... extremely difficult to get them out. Time... a long time... seems to be the only hope for cure.

Thanks for the site my friend, that indeed does answer my question. :)
And, about your p.s., lol well, to be entirely honest, I know I'm only 15, and have only known of her existence for a little over 2 weeks, but I am already transfixed with her, and have been since I first discovered her; from the first moment, is all I could/can do is think about her, all the time; I've watched every video and read everything I could find of hers and about her, and it has simply increased my infatuation. Actually, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way; at first, and for a long time, I thought that my thinking everything about her was perfect was just limerence, or something odd about me; but, obviously not. I think her voice, her appearance, her creativity, her shyness, her superstitiousness, her French-ness, everything, is perfect, and I have deeply adored her since I first discovered her. I have tried not to say that I love her, mainly because of my age, but... I do think it. It's even hard for me to say it right now, out of fear, again mainly from my age, but also in having a love that I know I will never see, meet, or talk to in any live fashion, whether offline or on. I have tried e-mailing her, but I haven't gotten a reply; I've been checking every day since then for a reply. I would do absolutely anything to meet, or at least talk, to her, but I greatly fear that will never happen. I know this will most likely simply sound like a crush of a 15 year old teenager on a cute, French singer, but trust me, it is much more than that; in fact, my sexual attraction to her is one of the least important things to my transfixation with her.

Matrix
07-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Alizee is a "first class vixen" just like Lucas said on that Fun TV interview.. and Alizee smiled and said... " I know " lol

Yes, the power of women over men...all women discover this and play it for all its worth. I agree Alizee is a seductress of the highest order, a siren that seduces anyone who comes within her reach. Many women throughout history with these traits have enslaved men and captured their hearts or at worst driven them to madness. This is serious business, feminine charms are a potent force to be reckoned with and Alizee is the real deal, be careful.

I have some advice for all you hundreds of thousands of Alizee lovers out there from around the world like me who are hopelessly trapped in her seductive world of song and dance....

Don't concentrate on only Alizee or you will miss all the heavenly glory. ;)

scameter
07-02-2006, 02:55 AM
And oddly, I think she is that seductive without even trying to. I've gotten as excited about her from seeing her simply sitting in a chair or sleeping than from watching her sing and/or dance. :P

nate714
07-02-2006, 08:05 AM
that hurts my eyes trying to read. paragraphing helps.

anyway, I'm almost 17 haha. and I agree with basicly everything he just said, I think, I only read the beginning and end :(

(btw this post was directed at the last reply on page3)

cybersoil
07-02-2006, 01:16 PM
I would have to agree, I still go through a rollercoaster of emotions just seeing a pic of Alizee, any pic. And I would also have to agree that she is extremely sexy at all times, without even trying. Even the way she walks and stands is so sexy. Just watch the way she walks across the stage on the Amsterdam video or the way she stands at the end of the "Moi Lolita" live performance video, the one with Julio Iglesias present. Wow!

Yes, for me at least, and many others I know Alizee is the sexiest woman who ever lived and I don't think she even knows it. I'm sure she knows that she's a suductress (Lolita) and men find her attractive but I doubt if she really knows or understands how she truly effects men's hearts.

And although many men will drool over her videos, (I've actually seen it happen (figuratively) more than a few times) especially "J'en ai marre," with evil intentions in mind many men, like me, love her with all the heart. Although she the hottest of the hot, in my opinion, it seems like her true fans, the people who are truly in love with her, don't want to nail her. Hmmm... I wonder if she would go for being cloned about a billion times? You think?

hotcruiser19
07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
3 Months Ago I Was Strolling Thru Googe For Interesting Clips And I Found Alizee Perorming La Ista Bonita It Was So Perfect I DiDnt Know If She Was Just A Dancer Lip Synching Maddona Or She Is A Real Singer ( The Google Video Isnt So Clear) Then Today I Searched July 4 On Google Video And Found Alizee Performing The Bubble Song And It Led Me To Your Website.
Just Watched The Video Of La Ista Bonita On Your Site Which Is Much Clearer Then Google And Came To The Conclusion That Its Real

You Rock!
You Beat Maddona Anytime Style,voice,and Moves

brad
07-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Then Today I Searched July 4 On Google Video And Found Alizee Performing The Bubble Song And It Led Me To Your Website.

Hey that is pretty neat. Glad you found it, and welcome.

scameter
07-03-2006, 01:04 AM
I agree with absolutely everything you said cybersoil; it is quite great to see someone else who appears to feel everything I feel for her; I thought I was alone. But, unfortunately, and this is extremely depressing to me, I will never meet or talk to her, ever. Plus, even if I did, she's married and a mother; I could do nothing about it, nor would I want to. And, to be unfortunately honest, I wouldn't want her to be with me; she deserves someone like her husband, that has money, artistic talent, and that is French. Not someone like me, with a confused and disordered mind, with little artistic talent but a keen intellect, and absolutely no money, prestige or French-ness; I don't even know the French language. I think this is why so many religions speak of detachment; it appears that such strong attachments as I have formed for Alizee without ever being able to be fulfilled will cause alot of suffering, and most likely that suffering will be deep and long-lasting.

pete2me
07-03-2006, 02:14 AM
if your freinds think your gay cuz you like a french singer , there the werdio's
or gay

cybersoil
07-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Ha, ha, that's a laugh. My friends say that if you don't like Alizee then you either have no taste in quality women or YOU are gay! I think my friends have it right.

If your friends are making fun of you for liking Alizee or they're calling you gay because you like Alizee, then THEY are definately homosexuals in denial! Believe me... Anyone who gets turned on my Alizee is definately NOT gay! On the contrary, if your blood starts boiling when you see her do the "J'en ai marre" dance you are as straight as they come!

- Cybersoil

nate714
07-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Ha, ha, that's a laugh. My friends say that if you don't like Alizee then you either have no taste in quality women or YOU are gay! I think my friends have it right.

If your friends are making fun of you for liking Alizee or they're calling you gay because you like Alizee, then THEY are definately homosexuals in denial! Believe me... Anyone who gets turned on my Alizee is definately NOT gay! On the contrary, if your blood starts boiling when you see her do the "J'en ai marre" dance you are as straight as they come!

- Cybersoil

my friends aren't homos they're just normal american teenagers lol.

pete2me
07-03-2006, 07:33 PM
your freinds need aot of help,

mando
07-03-2006, 09:15 PM
a friend of mine said: "Dude, type in 'Alizee' in google video. Do it now!" i dont know exactly how he found the video but i praised him for it and told him he was God for a day and that i would do anything he asked of me for a day as a reward for sharing.

Spartan500
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
I first found out about Alizee in may when I was searching youtube and came across the La Isla Bonita video and I immediately wanted to know more about here. Also this is my favorite site that is about her and its pretty funny cause I think that my friends would call me gay to.

scameter
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm bisexual. So please, call me homo or hetero. Either way'll work. ;)

nate714
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I hear bisexual just means you're really messed up and/or horny.

Kamakzie
07-04-2006, 01:00 AM
One of my friends from the UK told me about how hot Alizee was, I had never heard of her here in the USA. Boy was he right, she puts all there wannabe pop stars here to shame!

rcs
07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
From all places to find her, I stumbled across Alizee accidentally from a mixed martial arts website called Sherdog. It's interesting how everyone here found out about her.

Spartan500
07-04-2006, 01:11 AM
scameter thats pretty funny

scameter
07-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I hear bisexual just means you're really messed up and/or horny.

I'm both. :) Although stereotyping is never good.

scameter thats pretty funny

Thanks. :p

One of my friends from the UK told me about how hot Alizee was, I had never heard of her here in the USA. Boy was he right, she puts all there wannabe pop stars here to shame!

Oddly, I find her more cute than hot; of course, I prize cuteness far above hotness, so perhaps her cuteness is simply more apparent to me than her hotness.

themannamedpatty
07-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Well this man named patty first learnt of the woman named Alizée whilst on youtube, searching for random stuff and came arcoss her 'bout 8months ago..

Kao
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Frensh is not a the comunist land.If you don't anderstand wath that mean , than you are a stupid.Kitaip sakant asilas su buku snukiu durniau.Prancuzija yra laisva salis bukaproti!!!Ir lt taip pat.:mad:

Shep
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Frensh is not a the comunist land.If you don't anderstand wath that mean , than you are a stupid.Kitaip sakant asilas su buku snukiu durniau.Prancuzija yra laisva salis bukaproti!!!Ir lt taip pat.:mad:

When did anyone say France was a communist state? They're closer to socialist (which has led to many problems for their economy) but they aren't communist.

cybersoil
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Because of their political system, France is stagnate. Of course, they have produced a few good things recently, (Alizee, Jenifer, Natasha, Lorie among others) but their economy sucks. A few months ago, when the politicians tried to make some sweeping changes in the way they could hire and fire people in order to help improve the system, the young people rioted. You probably remember that. One could probably talk about this subject for hours but I guess that's enough for me. But, that being said, I love the country, a lot (but not all) of their culture, the food, and the people. It's a real nice place to visit.

- Cybersoil

Shep
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I like France for the most part. I don't agree with the government more often than not, and Parisian French tend to be snootier than most, but it's a good place, predominately.

And the fact that I typed that is an Irony considering I hated France about a month ago before I discovered Alizée.

themannamedpatty
07-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Frensh is not a the comunist land.If you don't anderstand wath that mean , than you are a stupid.Kitaip sakant asilas su buku snukiu durniau.Prancuzija yra laisva salis bukaproti!!!Ir lt taip pat.When did anyone say France was a communist state? They're closer to socialist (which has led to many problems for their economy) but they aren't communist.
Ohh boy, i see whats gone wrong here Kao must of gotten confused after mistaking my signature as being part of my actual post, dude theres a line above that message for a reason, any who it was supposed to be random funny nonsense, that you took WAY TOO seriously.... next time read carefully man, because the way you reacted that didn't give you a very good first impression....

cybersoil
07-04-2006, 06:44 PM
SHEP:
- And the fact that I typed that is an Irony considering I hated France about a month ago before I discovered Alizée.
-------------------------------------------------

D'accord (agreed.) Me too. I also hated France with a passion and still have problems with them fighting with us over the war on terrorism. But... that being said, when I first discovered Alizee she melted my heart of stone; no matter how much I tried, I could do nothing but fall in love with her. She nailed me with a vengeance, like stink on shyt. I was doomed from the beginning and could do nothing but hang on for the ride. A very familiar story to many, I'm sure.

- Cybersoil

mando
07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Alizee will stay away from politics so that we won't have to argue about which countires/governments are right and which are wrong(<-subjective).:)

Shep
07-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Hopefully Alizee will stay away from politics so that we won't have to argue about which countires/governments are right and which are wrong(<-subjective).:)

If she did become political, for either side, my respect for her will go down. Politics and Entertainment should NOT mix.

brad
07-04-2006, 07:34 PM
yes .. lets end the political discussion right here. Kao most likely did not understand the meaning of the signature, a simple misunderstanding. I am sure we all have our valid opinions on different political systems.

No need go through old arguments about that kind of thing here.

Shep
07-04-2006, 07:37 PM
yes .. lets end the political discussion right here. Kao most likely did not understand the meaning of the signature, a simple misunderstanding. I am sure we all have our valid opinions on different political systems.

No need go through old arguments about that kind of thing here.

Completely agreed.

Ben
07-05-2006, 02:10 AM
sounds like most/all of us learned of her on the internet hehe.
Probably most in the US, yeah... though not me. I first heard of her about 5 years ago when my brother returned from a summer in Berlin. He said she was a big club hit with Moi Lolita there then.

Kao
07-05-2006, 06:26 AM
O men sorry.I never studie english in shool.I wrong anderstand what that mean:confused: .Atsiprasau

cybersoil
07-05-2006, 06:35 AM
No problemo, amigo.

- Cybersoil

nurvonic
07-16-2006, 05:19 AM
i was surfing vidoes on drunkendelight.com and came across her la isla bonita video. i thought it was just some chick at first but then i clicked on the thumbnail and her video started playinh. i have to say that i just melted the first time i saw her. i recognized the song as a madonna cover but her version sounded a whole hellavalot better. and those eyes.....geez i cant get over those eyes!!!

Oh my god, it's Robby!
07-16-2006, 10:26 PM
needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how I was wrong
& btw, when I next played her J'en Ai Marre (Sexy Version) vidie
i was not alone in being captivated, my flatmate stopped what he was doing, and this chick I know who happened to be here, said
'Wow, she's pretty!'
:)

cybersoil
07-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Very common reactions when seeing Alizee do her stuff!

cane17
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Well Cybersoil it looks like i'm takeing the same road then,When i know who Alizee was like most of you guys,i was on youtube.com and first video i saw was "J'en ai Marre" at also at first thought is was other check but the next video i saw was "La Isla Bonita" and i knew that this was the real deal and i kept on looking for videos and anything Alizee since then i been hooked,all i can thank about is Alizee,my friends thank i'm crazy and that this is a fad i'm going threw but i don't thank so,i'm glad that i'm not the only one.lol

rcs
07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
That's why it's great that this forum exists. You can express your feelings freely. Now that you have found Alizee, show 10 people (or more) the same video and website. From there everything becomes automatic. My friends and nephews have thanked me like I bought them a Christmas gift.

cane17
07-26-2006, 02:52 AM
That's why it's great that this forum exists. You can express your feelings freely. Now that you have found Alizee, show 10 people (or more) the same video and website. From there everything becomes automatic. My friends and nephews have thanked me like I bought them a Christmas gift.

I tryed but none of my friends like her but thats ok she just for me then :D lol

nurvonic
07-26-2006, 03:03 AM
I tryed but none of my friends like her but thats ok she just for me then :D lol

i showed my army buddy the la isla bonita video and he madly fell in love with her. and he doesnt listen to that kinda music. hes more of the marilyn manson type. hes stationed in el paso so maybe he'll spread the word over there. hey, i wonder if alizee has seen a marilyn manson video and like it.......

Pufferfish9
07-30-2006, 03:44 AM
It was about 2 weeks ago I was on google looking at videos and I saw her J'en Ai Marre video. I loved the song, she has the best voice ever, and she is so pretty I just melted in my seat. I have been hooked ever since

dvtq
07-30-2006, 03:49 AM
It was about 2 weeks ago I was on google looking at videos and I saw her J'en Ai Marre video. I loved the song, she has the best voice ever, and she is so pretty I just melted in my seat. I have been hooked ever since
really ??? her voice first or her body first http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7057/6785yf8.gifhttp://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7057/6785yf8.gif

jake
07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I first found out about Alizee while playing WoW. I commented on the sexy stripper dance the female night elf does and the girl told me it was based on Alizee's dance(Atleast I hope it was a girl playing). My curiousity got the better of me and I've been hooked ever since:p .

Pirate515
07-31-2006, 12:20 AM
I first heard "Moi... Lolita" in October 2002 when I was vacationing in Prague. It was playing on the local radio station in a cab that I was riding, and I immediately fell in love with that song. Unfortunately, at that time I did not know the name of that song and who sings it. Been trying to find it out for a few months with no luck whatsoever, and eventually gave up.

Then 3 month ago, on one of the web forum sites that I frequently visit, someone posted a link to "J'en Ai Marre!" and started a discussion about Alizee. I immediately fell in love with what I saw/heard and started digging for more info on Alizee. Of course, I immediately learned that "Moi... Lolita" was Alizee's debut song that made her famous, and you can't imagine how happy I was when I saw its video realizing that the name and singer behind "the mystery song" were finally revealed. Been hooked on Alizee ever since.

DJ_Greg
08-03-2006, 09:15 PM

I've been lurking on this site for a while, but I decided to come out of hiding and say that this is the funniest post I've read in a long time. And true!

dvtq
08-03-2006, 10:18 PM
that's a crazy man :, we always worried about him :( , becareful if you see him on forum . But that crazy man is right , i never had this feeling before i know Alizée , i never try hard to find any stuff , i nerver feel comfortable and smile everytime i think about someone else , sometime i also forgot my gF too http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4125/chao52fr3.gif .
OMG, did we begin to think Alizée ( http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5311/avatar12884130pg9.gif ) was dangerous ^^, Lili Vooooodooooo

Impurator
08-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I stumbled across the video of J'en Ai Marre as a link on another forum and almost immediately as the song started, it was like being hit with a freight train. Oh, that smile... the smile did it. I wasn't even looking at anything else, just slackjawed at that pretty smile. Then I watched it again. And again. And again. You know how it goes from there :D

Cybersoil, where did you find a poster of her? I couldn't find any that I liked while looking around the internet earlier. I wish for her to join Audrey Hepburn on my wall, she's earned it.

DJ_Greg
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I actually found Alizee through a basketball message board. This guy kept posting pictures of her. I didn't know who it was, though, so I hadn't heard any of her songs, seen any videos, for a long time. Then just recently (a month ago, maybe) he posted a link to the "La Isla Bonita" video, and I just got hooked. Her eyes are like tractor beams.

Everything else is history...watched all the YouTube videos over and over, eventually found this site (the videos are MUCH better quality!), bought the second CD, still waiting for the DVD to arrive in the mail...

Now all my friends think I'm crazy for listening to a French pop star, but I'm completely hooked.

garçoncanadien
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I share the same strong feelings! I first saw her on Metacafe and was hooked since. Maybe she's so powerful because she shares a birthplace with Napoléon Bonaparte?:D

dvtq
08-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I share the same strong feelings! I first saw her on Metacafe and was hooked since. Maybe she's so powerful because she shares a birthplace with Napoléon Bonaparte?:D
the conquest of powerful Alizée http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3418/023iv0.gif
maybe Queen of France , and King of Italy :D

Matrix
08-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Maybe she's so powerful because she shares a birthplace with Napoléon Bonaparte?:D

Napolean Bonaparte met his Waterloo :( Dont compare Alizee to Napolean :eek: Like you saying star of Alizee will flame out :(

garçoncanadien
08-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Oh that was not my intent. I simply wanted to say that Alizée and her music are very very powerful.:)

cybersoil
08-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Napolean Bonaparte met his Waterloo :( Dont compare Alizee to Napolean :eek: Like you saying star of Alizee will flame out :(

No... If she wouldn't have been named Alizee then there is no doubt that she would have been named Napoleanna. Not only because she's from the same city as Napoleon was but because where Napoleon failed to conquer Europe with his powerful army, Alizee (Napoleanna) succeeded and DID conquer Europe, and much of the known world, with just a smile, a blown kiss, and shimmery shake. She did do what he couldn't; she won the hearts and minds of men everywhere. He must be rolling over in his grave just thinking about that.

-Cybersoil

nurvonic
08-05-2006, 02:15 PM
No... If she wouldn't have been named Alizee then there is no doubt she would have been named Napoleoanna. Not only because she's from the same city as Napoleon was but because where Napoleon failed to conquer Europe with his powerful army, Alizee (Napoleonna) succeeded and DID conquer Europe, and much of the known world, with just a smile, a blown kiss, and shimmery shake. She did do what he couldn't; she won the hearts and minds of men everywhere. He must be rolling over in his grave just thinking about that.

-Cybersoil

lol napoleoanna? i like the way u think cybersoil. if only they had televsion and the internet back in napoleons day....

Matrix
08-05-2006, 04:02 PM
No... If she wouldn't have been named Alizee then there is no doubt that she would have been named Napoleanna. Not only because she's from the same city as Napoleon was but because where Napoleon failed to conquer Europe with his powerful army, Alizee (Napoleanna) succeeded and DID conquer Europe, and much of the known world, with just a smile, a blown kiss, and shimmery shake. She did do what he couldn't; she won the hearts and minds of men everywhere. He must be rolling over in his grave just thinking about that.

-Cybersoil

Cybersoil is a genius! I absolutely agree with everything you said. Napoleanna!!! lol... when i saw that i literally spit out the orange juice i was drinking, Napoleanna, i love it!

Alizee er Napoleanna, oui she has conquered the known world, well in my eyes. Oui, Napolean must be very very jealous. Cybersoil you made my day :)

aditya8617
08-05-2006, 07:16 PM
lol, what a name to give to a gal. Wait, Are we having another nickname for Alizee, Napoleanna ?

cybersoil
08-06-2006, 02:41 AM
lol, what a name to give to a gal. Wait, Are we having another nickname for Alizee, Napoleanna ?

Believe it or not I made that name up for her while I was talking to her, it just came to me then and there. I said to her the exact same thing that I wrote in my above posting. She smiled and giggled and said, "Thank you very much." Yes, she really is Napoleanna and now she knows it too.:)

- Cybersoil

rcs
08-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Napoleanna is a bit long for her closest friends. Wouldn't it have to be shortened like Lili? What are the possibilities? Naps, Napes, Napol, Leanna, Neanna...? Please excuse my french if I cursed in any foreign language.:o

vctralca
08-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I first knew of her in a bus (april 10 this year exactly) travelling through cities , they actually put a vcd with la isla bonita, it hooked me instantly after la isla bonita came jen ai marre OMG i knew that i have to look for her in the internet there i found the name Alizée ever since i downloaded everything i could .. . sometimes I smile when i think about her ...

OMG Alizée what have you done to us!!!?

aditya8617
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the club vctralca.

dvtq
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM

- Cybersoil
today i see you are more dangerous and crazy http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6271/lolez0.gif

i have a friend older than me, when i showed him Alizée's pics , he laugh at that and said she look like a boy , damn that :mad:

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 12:27 AM
today i see you are more dangerous and crazy http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6271/lolez0.gif

i have a friend older than me, when i showed him Alizée's pics , he laugh at that and said she look like a boy , damn that :mad:
and now you know your friend is gay dvtq so show him a pic of jeremy LOL

DJ_Greg
08-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Or just blind...

nurvonic
08-07-2006, 12:34 AM

looks like a boy??? ur older friend is ultra gay

DJ_Greg
08-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Dude, if guys looked like Alizée, I'd probably be gay too.

Chrison
08-07-2006, 12:38 AM
About two years ago. And it sucked, because she sets the bar for beauty so fucking high that i don't think i'll ever become interested in a woman i'll meet in life, i know i haven't yet and i'm 18.

nurvonic
08-07-2006, 12:41 AM
welcome to the club buddy. alizee makes all the grls ive dated look like monsters

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 12:49 AM
yeah welcome chrison and that problem with alizee making other girls is just natural lol also greg thats just funny but you would still have to deal with other parts beside the face lol

Chrison
08-07-2006, 12:52 AM
This whole thing is quite tragic actually. A whole forum totally infatuated with Alizeé and yet, most of us will probably not even see her at a concert, much less even speak to her. Damn it, i'm making my self depressed here.

rcs
08-07-2006, 04:00 AM
Chrison, just like Cybersoil said, show the J'en Ai Marre video when showing her off to friends. That usually does it for me when other guys see her for the first time. Pics alone don't quite do it. They have to experience her singing, dancing, and her looking into the camera. Then you get this :eek: from friends. They're usually hooked. Gotta girlfriend? Hide your Alizee pics & videos, your girl will get jealous.:D

cybersoil
08-07-2006, 06:36 AM
That's funny... :eek: But it is the look that Alizee will get.

-Cybersoil

aditya8617
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
As RCS said the J'en Ai Marre video does do the trick, the pics don't usually work as they are mostly when she was young I guess.

Spartan500
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
As RCS said the J'en Ai Marre video does do the trick, the pics don't usually work as they are mostly when she was young I guess.
yeah even the shake video on video google does the trick. I sent the link of that and the la isla bonita video to my cousin then he tells me shes kinda hot but then again he thinks paris hilton is the hottest in the world

vctralca
08-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Chrison, just like Cybersoil said, show the J'en Ai Marre video when showing her off to friends. That usually does it for me when other guys see her for the first time. Pics alone don't quite do it. They have to experience her singing, dancing, and her looking into the camera. Then you get this :eek: from friends. They're usually hooked. Gotta girlfriend? Hide your Alizee pics & videos, your girl will get jealous

:eek:
YEah Absolutly true you have to show your friends the whole video you have to show them the whole package:D , but sometimes just a photo will do the hook ! , You know she is unique

Señor Villa
08-11-2006, 02:40 AM
I found out of Alizée when I was at a club in Aix-en-Provence in 2004. They played Moi Lolita and I really liked it but I did not know who sang it. So when I went home I used the trusty internet a googled Moi Lolita and Voila the rest was history.

aditya8617
08-11-2006, 02:46 AM
cool, so u went to France and looks like u even caught their talking habits! voila!

Señor Villa
08-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Sí Señor, no wait I'm Señor :D . I reallly like France and I speak a little French but I am learning more on my own.

Bob
08-11-2006, 03:23 AM
i learned about her in the beginning of this summer while surfing the internet for recent updates and it was the shake video on google video that caught my eye, spending 5+ hrs a day since then looking for all i can get of her, videos, pics, etc. :D

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
cool, so u went to France and looks like u even caught their talking habits! voila!
I know this word may be used in English. But how do you pronounce "voi-"? Like in "voice" or like the French do? (vo-ah)

rcs
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I know this word may be used in English. But how do you pronounce "voi-"? Like in "voice" or like the French do? (vo-ah)

"Voi"...would sound like "toy". Hope that helps.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
"Voi"...would sound like "toy". Hope that helps.
Cool! That would be cute in a French song sung by an American :)
I already heard "cul de sac" and "bon voyage" in English songs and it was too cool too.

NANAKI
09-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread 8-8-06 for me

rwd716
09-15-2006, 01:50 AM
It's funny to see all the cybersoil posts. /banned.

dvtq
09-15-2006, 04:49 AM
?? what happened when i was not here, look like we have alot of different :D and alot of new mem.....

rcs
09-15-2006, 05:27 AM
?? what happened when i was not here, look like we have alot of different :D and alot of new mem.....

Hi DVTQ, a new wave of people found this site and joined. What have you been doing lately?

dvtq
09-15-2006, 05:49 AM
do homework ^^ and find some good Erhu CDs
like you said, that's a wave :O

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 10:04 AM
An 8 year old kid has so much homework that he can't come to Alizee America?

dvtq
09-15-2006, 10:36 AM
genius http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4348/6838ul5.gif
gru, why this man like to kick me. i went to this 4rum everyday without sign in.

aditya8617
09-15-2006, 10:58 AM
genius http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4348/6838ul5.gif
i went to this 4rum everyday without sign in.

That is alright then. And I am not kicking you:mad: .

ertuertu
09-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I learned Alize nearly one week ago when my friend bought the mp4 player ı saw Alizee's video in the mp4 player and my love began :) (my english bad I know but I'll improve my english :))

Moe
09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
where are you from ertuertu...and wut video was that??

ertuertu
09-16-2006, 03:57 PM
from Turkey Türkiye
La isla bonita video

Bob
09-16-2006, 11:02 PM
from Turkey Türkiye
La isla bonita video

you sure that is la isla bonita, and not j'en a marre?

newalizeefan
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
I learned of Alizee a week ago today.

How about everybody else?

around mid summer. like mid july to be exact.
was playing world of warcraft, wondered where the female NE dance came from, found a video of her jen ai marre performance... then i fell asleep.
the next day, i had to watch the video again. then i ended up watching la isla bonita, and JPVA and then i become hooked.
so its like my 2 month aniversary since ive discovered alizee...

ertuertu
09-17-2006, 07:30 AM
you sure that is la isla bonita, and not j'en a marre?

yes I m sure it s la isla bonita

helitack
09-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I lived in the UK between 2000-2003 and seen her in amsterdam..it was the concert put on by the music factory and then seen her in again in concert in france.

aditya8617
09-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I lived in the UK between 2000-2003 and seen her in amsterdam..it was the concert put on by the music factory and then seen her in again in concert in france.

wow, you went to her Concerts, lucky you.

Bob
09-17-2006, 12:57 PM

I envy you =)

O Rly
09-17-2006, 01:51 PM
A friend showed me the J'en ai marre video, but it was J'ai pas vingt ans that got me hooked. That was at about June, 2006. Although i knew her of before, from Moi... Lolita, i happened to forget about her :( ( i was too young at the time)

I envy you =)

I think we all do ;)
Welcome to the site, Helitack.

NANAKI
09-17-2006, 02:00 PM

yes that is awesome I think everyone here would do a lot of things if they could have seen her in concert. welcome to the site

General Patton
09-17-2006, 03:16 PM
helitack YOU WENT TO HER CONCERTS????
Lucky...

painbringer
03-29-2007, 01:44 AM
I don't know if this question has been asked yet but when did you discover Alizee? For me it was about 8 months ago when I saw her on the Google top 100 with the "Shake" video. I was like DAMNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm just curious on how you other guys discovered her? When and how?

rwd716
03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah there was another thread on this, but...I found her in July 06 when my friend showed me J'AM because of the Night Elf dance.

Le Parrain
03-29-2007, 03:55 AM
one night in around mid july 2006. i was looking for the NE dance girl. saw the alizee shake video. got hooked on her from there on.

crazy thing was i was totally hung over some girl in my history 312 class. i tried to get with her but i got shut down. so i got hella depressed and angry for like 1 month until the night i found out about alizee. the other girl almost completely dissappeared from my mind and i almost never even thought about her because alizee was on my mind 24/7. it was that quick and thanks to alizee for helping my find happiness =)
although im starting to fall for the other girl again because im starting to see her a lot in school again.

NANAKI
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
It was August 8 of 2006 was watching videos on youtube and I clicked on hers. It was J'en Ai Marre! that gpot me hooked almost 8 months

Krey317
03-29-2007, 10:59 AM
About 3 weeks ago, I accidentally stumbled across her Moi Lolita single cover, just randomly. Then, i said hey shes really cute, then i saw a JEAM performance and that was it.

Deepwaters
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
I think it was about six months ago. I'd had a link to http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11 this JEAM performance in my email, sent me by someone who was just saying, you know, hey check this out this babe's hot. It had been there for maybe three months before that before I decided to click it. The guy that sent it was an OK person but his attitude toward and taste in women was as deep as a mud puddle, so I expected some kind of cheap pornish crap.

Big surprise! And, well, y'all know the rest of the story. ;)

Kretgar
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
...alas, too late...

Uméesha
03-29-2007, 12:48 PM
i came to know alizee in year 2001.
my friend gave me a CD of alizee as a gift for my birthday. when i saw her song moi-lolita, i came to know that she was alizee and i was amazed when i saw young Beautiful girl performing a POP song, so this made me to realise alizee. my life turned completely different, i learnt many thing's in life. now am enjoy my life.... in one way i like alizee:wub: , becuase she will be looking as if my girl friend and another way she is a beauty of Universe!

Moe
03-29-2007, 12:55 PM
saw her at the world music awards

Fan since Dec 2005

theit77
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I saw her 'La Isla Bonita' video in November and fell in love with her voice and her face. She looks amazing in that video, and her singing is both sweet and sexy. I became an immediate fan.

Drake498
03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
honestly, I first knew her as "That Night Elf Dancing Chick" from World of Warcraft (that i'm thankfully recovered from and im Warcrack free since Aug 2006) but then JEAM was just the door to a whole new world to me, Alizée captured me with her beauty, dancing, and voice... and since then, I've been a FAN since :wub: :wub:

Edcognito
03-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I discovered Alizee accidentally when some friends of mine brought their 10 yr. old daughter into work one afternoon, and (to take her mind off the tetnus shot she was soon to get) i asked her what she was listening to on her I-pod. I heard "A Countre Courant" and was floored by the voice! I do NOT normally like Euro-pop (or any pop for that matter) but i LOVED that voice. So after a couple of days when i couldn't stop thinking about that voice and that song - I went to Wikkipedia... and the rest is history....

Thats my story..... pretty typical...

Ed

:eek:

nurvonic
03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
:)

around june of last year. i was surfing videos on drunkendelight.com and came across her La Isla Bonita video. i was hooked ever since =D

thats amazazazing
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Well I have known about Mylene Farmer ever since I was a a young child, my mom is a huge fan, but my mom introduced Alizee to me a couple months ago while I was bored in the hospital :D

RMJ
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I found her lil less than 5 years ago when I went to visit my friend and she had Gourmandises album playing.

Edcognito
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
honestly, I first knew her as "That Night Elf Dancing Chick" from World of Warcraft (that i'm thankfully recovered from and im Warcrack free since Aug 2006) but then JEAM was just the door to a whole new world to me, Alizée captured me with her beauty, dancing, and voice... and since then, I've been a FAN since :wub: :wub:

Been playing WoW about 2 yrs. now, and Alizée is a LOT more disrupting!

;)

Ed

Krey317
03-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I can't imagine how many people would have never heard of alizee their whole life if not for World of Warcraft. Millions

Drake498
03-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I can't imagine how many people would have never heard of alizee their whole life if not for World of Warcraft. Millions

True... since the Blizzard Tech's used her dance for the Night Elf dance, it opens Alizée to gamers everywhere

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-29-2007, 06:26 PM
almost 6 months ago. My bro had her Jeam performance in his ipod :D We were playing with some of his friends, then we had a rest and he was like wanna see a hot chick, they all were like yeh. It took me 4 days to become a real fan. ;)

garçoncanadien
03-29-2007, 06:40 PM
¿por que 4 días? eres demasiado lento XD j/k

theit77
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
garconcanadien, Zack tuvo que saber que Alizée no sólo es un objecto de lujuria, sino también que ella es la mujer más bonita y hermosa del mundo y que tiene un voz muy dulce (ella canta muy 'gourmandisesemente'). Espera... porque estamos nosotros hablando en español? Conclusion: Alizée is amazing.

lo siento Zack, por mi español muy malo

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Day 1. She is ok
Day 2. Ok she is hot
Day 3. I kinda like her songs and i really think she is hottest person i've ever seen in my whole short life.
Day 4. IM A FAN!

;)

lo siento Zack, por mi español muy malo
Not at all :D i really think ur spanish is great

lefty12357
03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Sometime in late summer 2006 I accidently stumbled on JEAM video. Of course I was first spellbound by her beauty, but it was the voice that closed the deal and made me a fan.

madraven
03-29-2007, 08:28 PM
I found her music while going through my friends iTunes in October '06. Loved the music, but didn't bother with any videos, until after I already knew I liked her music. :)

crazy thing was i was totally hung over some girl in my history 312 class. i tried to get with her but i got shut down. so i got hella depressed and angry for like 1 month until the night i found out about alizee. the other girl almost completely dissappeared from my mind and i almost never even thought about her because alizee was on my mind 24/7.

I discovered Alizée at a time similar to this, except it was like a week after breaking up with my girlfriend of 3 years. Alizée bas been a phenomenal distraction!

Strenck
03-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Well, I don't remember when...

but probably 2002 when I started learning French in High school.
One of my friends sent me the song "Moi... Lolita," and I started listening to it. And, after a while, I searched for her music video, but that wasn't that important, and bought her second album "Mes Courants Electriques..."

Frankly, I don't speak French even till this day, except some basic conversation... but I just love her songs! Yeah, for me, it is not her face or her body that charm me, but her songs and the French language.

Well, of course, with such a beautiful face and her good dancing, it's perfect!

I recently have found that Gourmandises is a wonderful album, as well as Mes Courants Electriques, but what make me sad is, I cannot find one from any music store in Hong Kong... :(

--

My First Post

rcs
03-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Strenck,

You mention Hong Kong, do you live there or are you visiting? There is at least one Alizee fan club I've seen somewhere on the web. Find that site and see if you can meet up with others, or you can always order from amazon.:)

garçoncanadien
03-31-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, I don't remember when...

but probably 2002 when I started learning French in High school.
One of my friends sent me the song "Moi... Lolita," and I started listening to it. And, after a while, I searched for her music video, but that wasn't that important, and bought her second album "Mes Courants Electriques..."

Frankly, I don't speak French even till this day, except some basic conversation... but I just love her songs! Yeah, for me, it is not her face or her body that charm me, but her songs and the French language.

Well, of course, with such a beautiful face and her good dancing, it's perfect!

I recently have found that Gourmandises is a wonderful album, as well as Mes Courants Electriques, but what make me sad is, I cannot find one from any music store in Hong Kong... :(

--

My First Post

welcome welcome Strenck!

go here please and you can learn how to buy Alizée stuff
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=717

Strenck
03-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the information. I will try to find the fan club!

Yes, I live in Hong Kong. But honestly, it is not a good place to stay for my whole life. I used to live in Taiwan when I was studying there, but my mom and dad just forced me back to Hong Kong. The way people live and the environment are much better there, and it seems that there are more fans of Alizée in Taiwan than in Hong Kong, haha :D

Okay, I think I have to ask my friend for his credit card... :o

French Fan
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I discovered Alizée from the begining of her career in France with the single "Moi...Lolita" and I falled in love for her :wub:
She's so beautiful and nice person :wub:

Alizée reviens vite on t'aimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :(
Alizée en tout cas moi je t'attendrai, j'attendrai ton retour :)

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 11:00 AM
I discovered Alizée from the begining of her career in France

(Sigh.) Lucky sod. You're the same age she is, too, which means you were 16. ;)

Alizée en tout cas moi je t'attendrai, j'attendrai ton retour :)

I'm afraid we HAVE to wait. :( Try not to have a heart attack.

I like the line you have under that last picture, "Un vent d'amour passe et tout s'illumine." I've had the image of a wind lighting fires, as well, and it went into a poem. Seems to fit.

French Fan
04-04-2007, 11:05 AM
(Sigh.) Lucky sod. You're the same age she is, too, which means you were 16. ;)

I'm afraid we HAVE to wait. :( Try not to have a heart attack.

I like the line you have under that last picture, "Un vent d'amour passe et tout s'illumine." I've had the image of a wind lighting fires, as well, and it went into a poem. Seems to fit.

Merci ;)

Alizée will be back I don't care about waiting...Even if it's hard :(
I have to search her in Paris :wub: lool

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I have to search her in Paris :wub: lool

Perhaps she won't be too hard for you to find. :)

(What's "lool"?)

French Fan
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Perhaps she won't be too hard for you to find. :)

(What's "lool"?)

it's like Lol sorry :(

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
it's like Lol sorry :(

Hey, no worries. Good job with your English overall. Beats the hell out of my French so far, but I'm working on it.

French Fan
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey, no worries. Good job with your English overall. Beats the hell out of my French so far, but I'm working on it.

Thx but you know my english isn't as good as it seems I have to improve it :p

So you speak some french hey that's cool :cool:

brad
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
If I was in Paris, I would have to search for Alizée at least 4 hours every day. I don't think I could get anything done knowing that she was somewhere within 34 miles of me :D

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Thx but you know my english isn't as good as it seems I have to improve it :p

I have to improve my English, too. :)

So you speak some french hey that's cool :cool:

I understand more than I speak. I can usually half-follow what people write here, and use a dictionary to get the rest. Spoken French is harder but I'm to the point where I recognize words now and it isn't just noise. I still don't feel confident trying to speak or write it myself yet, although once in a while I do, when I feel sure about what I'm saying.

I've only been studying for a few weeks, so I feel OK about the progress so far, but I'm a long long way from fluency.

French Fan
04-04-2007, 12:05 PM
If I was in Paris, I would have to search for Alizée at least 4 hours every day. I don't think I could get anything done knowing that she was somewhere within 34 miles of me :D

It's a waste of time dude you know...
When I was searching for her in Paris I didn't meet her...
But I met her one time (she was on the other side of the street) when I didn't plan to...
That's the way it is...
And more I don't wanna annoy her she has her life and she can live like everyone without being annoyed :)

PS: sorry for my bad english :blink:

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
It's a waste of time dude you know...

Brad knows that. He would never be a stalker, it's just a way of talking some people have on this site.

And more I don't wanna annoy her she has her life and she can live like everyone without being annoying :)

PS: sorry for my bad english :blink:

It's FINE. The sentence above that last one had the only mistake in your whole post: the last word should have been "annoyed." ("Annoying" means it's Lili herself who's annoying someone else.) And it was still obvious what you meant.

French Fan
04-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Brad knows that. He would never be a stalker, it's just a way of talking some people have on this site.

It's FINE. The sentence above that last one had the only mistake in your whole post: the last word should have been "annoyed." ("Annoying" means it's Lili herself who's annoying someone else.) And it was still obvious what you meant.

Thanks for explanation, msg edited :)

theit77
04-04-2007, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=French Fan;35398]It's a waste of time dude you know...

And more I don't wanna annoy her she has her life and she can live like everyone without being annoyed :)

[QUOTE]

Wow French Fan, that's so considerate. It would be tough not to run to her, but it's the right thing to do. Any celebrity in America is incessantly smothered by papparazzi and fans alike. When you saw her, was there a crowd around her, or was she more or less left alone?

French Fan
04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=French Fan;35398]It's a waste of time dude you know...

QUOTE]

Wow French Fan, that's so considerate. It would be tough not to run to her, but it's the right thing to do. Any celebrity in America is incessantly smothered by papparazzi and fans alike. When you saw her, was there a crowd around her, or was she more or less left alone?

She was alone watching a jean store...
I came to her just to tell her I appreciate what she does that's all...
She was very nice to me :)
Only a real fan could recognized her because she was wearing "bonnet" (cap in english? not sure) and clothes like everyone wears...

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Only a real fan could recognized her because she was wearing "bonnet" (cap in english? not sure)

Either one, but "bonnet" is usually a more elaborate kind of hat, so probably "cap" would be closer to what she wore. Unless she was all dressed up, which it doesn't sound like from what you said.

Strenck
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=theit77;35404]

She was alone watching a jean store...
I came to her just to tell her I appreciate what she does that's all...
She was very nice to me :)
Only a real fan could recognized her because she was wearing "bonnet" (cap in english? not sure) and clothes like everyone wears...

I wish I were there.

You are so nice, sincerely.

This makes me kind of like you, well, not meaning you the person, but your attitude, personality... you are so considerate ;)

French Fan
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=French Fan;35405]

I wish I were there.

You are so nice, sincerely.

This makes me kind of like you, well, not meaning you the person, but your attitude, personality... you are so considerate ;)

Thank you :o

The next time if I have still chance to see her I would do the same, I respect the person she is really, I just love her and appreciate what she does :wub:

A friend to me saw her at pharmacy and he didn't have to dare to approach her, he just follow her for a while after...

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
A friend to me saw her at pharmacy and he didn't have to dare to approach her, he just follow her for a while after...

I don't think that was such a good idea. If someone was following me around, I think I'd find it a bit creepy. Better to say hello, say how much you love her music, maybe get her autograph, and let her go. Don't you think?

French Fan
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think that was such a good idea. If someone was following me around, I think I'd find it a bit creepy. Better to say hello, say how much you love her music, maybe get her autograph, and let her go. Don't you think?

I totaly agree with your point of view but I am not my friend... Lol
He was just curious to see where she went etc...
But as you said I won't do this...

kdn
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Eh, French Fan, when did that happened? Did you ask her about the 3rd album?

French Fan
04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Eh, French Fan, when did that happened? Did you ask her about the 3rd album?

The day I saw her in the street was last year but as I said before, no I didn't asked her anything I just said to her I like what she does...
Indeed I didn't want annoy her and when Alizée will decide to talk about her 3rd album she'll do by herself...
Of course WE (fans) are waiting for her return but we have to let her do what she has to (family etc)...

RMJ
04-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Why 34 miles ?

Paris is only less than 10 miles in diameter.

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
when Alizée will decide to talk about her 3rd album she'll do by herself...

Exactly. She has plenty of access to the media. If she were ready to talk about it, we'd already know.

I imagine if asked, she'd probably say just about what you did.

brad
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Why 34 miles ?

Paris is only less than 10 miles in diameter.

I actually went and looked in wikipedia and it said:

Paris, excluding the outlying parks of Bois de Boulogne and Bois de Vincennes, covers an oval measuring 86.928 square kilometres (33.56 mi²) in area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris

But if it is only 10mi .. then wow. I would really have issues not looking around :p

kdn
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
The day I saw her in the street was last year but as I said before, no I didn't asked her anything I just said to her I like what she does...
Indeed I didn't want annoy her and when Alizée will decide to talk about her 3rd album she'll do by herself...
Of course WE (fans) are waiting for her return but we have to let her do what she has to (family etc)...Yeah, I see and I agree 100% with you. You are indeed a very nice person. :)

RMJ, is there anything that you don't know? :blink:

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM

But if it is only 10mi .. then wow. I would really have issues not looking around :p

33 square miles indicates about 6.5 miles in diameter for a circle.

RMJ
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM

It's ~10km diameter. Irregular shape of course so slightly depends from what point to what point you measure it. Maybe varies between 8km and 12km.

I have walked through Paris. :)

Couple times actually... Or well, not through it but 95% through it. :)

But yeah, it's tiny city !

It has less than 3 million people in that area (well, it's rather much for such tiny area). But the other 3 departments around it raises the population up to 6.5 million. And the surroundings of those departments raises it up to 12 million. Inside that "petite couronne" you cannot tell where Paris stops and the other departments starts (which together forms the ile-de-france). But from map you can tell it of course (not from tourist map).

atra201
04-04-2007, 10:37 PM

It's ~10km diameter. Irregular shape of course so slightly depends from what point to what point you measure it. Maybe varies between 8km and 12km.

I have walked through Paris. :)

Couple times actually... Or well, not through it but 95% through it. :)

But yeah, it's tiny city !

It has less than 3 million people in that area (well, it's rather much for such tiny area). But the other 3 departments around it raises the population up to 6.5 million. And the surroundings of those departments raises it up to 12 million. Inside that "petite couronne" you cannot tell where Paris stops and the other departments starts (which together forms the ile-de-france). But from map you can tell it of course (not from tourist map).

RMJ, Brad tells you that Paris has been measured to 33.56 miles and you insist that it is only 8 to 12 km ???
:rolleyes:
why do you always do that? can you just admit something and make Brad happy?

Deepwaters
04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Atra, the confusion here is between two different units of measure. What Brad discovered and what RMJ said are different ways of stating the same fact, namely that Paris is geographically small. Brad's figures were SQUARE kilometers, i.e. the area, while RMJ is talking about the radius or diameter.

Formula for area of a circle is pi radius squared, right? So: RMJ says it has a diameter of 10km, that's a radius of 5km, 5 squared or 25 times pi is approx. 78.5, which is pretty close to the figure that Brad looked up. Works the same if you convert to miles and square miles.

So RMJ is right. Brad was misinterpreting what he looked up and if he lived in Paris, Alizée would actually be within 10 km, not 35.

SupaKrupa
04-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Damn that's a small city! I thought it would have been huge compared to others. 10km radius... wow. You could go door-to-door and eventually find Alizée's place!

atra201
04-05-2007, 02:16 AM
wiki says that the area of paris is 105km squared so if a city has an area
of 105 how what is the diameter it is impossible that paris is only 10 to 12 km long imo

Cooney
04-05-2007, 03:01 AM
IF Paris were a perfect circle, which it is not, but IF it was, you could calculate diameter based on area quite easily.

Radius of a circle equals Root(Area/Pi).

Rounding off to hundredths -
105 divided by 3.14 is around 33.44
Root of 33.44 is around 5.78

Double the radius (5.78) to get the diameter, 11.56km.

Not huge, but not small either, honestly. Remember, that's just the city proper, not what we would call the "metropolitan area" as well.

SupaKrupa
04-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Or even a square... square root 105 and it's approx 10 per side. But yeh... I forgot to take into account that that 10 km doesn't include the suburban areas (as someone mentioned...). Or does it...? :confused:

RMJ
04-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Or even a square... square root 105 and it's approx 10 per side. But yeh... I forgot to take into account that that 10 km doesn't include the suburban areas (as someone mentioned...). Or does it...? :confused:

The 100 square kilometers, or 10km diameter includes only City of Paris. Not it's suburban areas.

Look at the map to get better idea of it.

- The area called 75 (the city code) is City of Paris. It has over 2 million people. It is ~105 square kilometers in area, and roughly 11km in diameter. This is also called the department of Paris. This is also the are that is surrounded by the famous Paris Ring-Road (Périphérique). It's ~50km long highway that goes around City of Paris. It practically follows the limits of City of Paris.

- Areas 75 + 92 + 93 + 94 forms so called "Petitie Couronne" aka "Inner Ring". Paris + these 3 other deparments has total population of ~6 million people. Area of 762 square kilometers, or 31 kilometers in diameter (still only half of Brad's original guess, or actually 4th of it, since he ment radius). I would not walk through it anymore... Unless Lili made me to. And like you see from map, it's still as densely populated and developed as the City of Paris alone. It forms one big city. La Défense for example is located in 92 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauts-de-Seine). It's part of Hauts-de-Seine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauts-de-Seine). One of the famous places "in Paris" and it's not even in Paris ! :blink: It's of course build for Paris. It is Paris' business district. But anyways, allthese 4 pedartments creates one huge city. You can't see where Paris end and Haut-de-Seine starts, for example. It's one continuous city. Density of course gradually drops, and average density of inhabitants is only 3rd of the City of Paris. But it's still very dense area. I have never been outside boundaries of Inner Ring (well, except when I took TGV to Lyon :P ).

- Next step further is "Grande Couronne" aka Outer ring. This is less dense are surrounding those 4 departments. It includes 4 new departments, 77+79+91+95. This forms the famous Île-de-France (Island of France). This is already rather large area 15,000 square kilometers. Paris' Urban area covers 20% of that. And the whole are roughly equals the area of Metropolitan area of Paris. It's not 100% match as you can see yourself from map, but it's roughly it. You wouldn't notice area of City of Paris from map, it's so small...). And it's not just urban areas any more. It has forests, fields and other stuff on outer perimeters of it. The City of course continues to grow even in this area as you can see, it still has very dense urban developed areas.

- The Metropolitan Area is the area where Paris is the alpha male. When it tells you to bend over, you do that. Paris has so much influence that these areas just has to work with it. They do have their own leaders and they makes their own decisions, but they will listen closely what Paris has to say about everything. Especially the Inner Ring will do that.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Paris_uu_ua_jms.png

This photo is taken on top of Grande Arche. I marked back and front boundaries of Paris in it (the back limit is very rough line, since I can't see from that photo very well, thanks to smog). I also tried to put some land marks I was able to recognize. The Notre Dame is in center of Paris. It's the Ground Zero of Paris. And it's very roughly marked too. I can't see it from the photo. The tall building you see there is possible the tall building at University, and it's little bit further than Notre Dame, and to the south. But i'm not 100% sure if that's it. Can be some other tall building too on that area (tho, there isn't many of them, so I'd guess it's the university building). The front limit is rather rough too, and more shows the place of Ring-Road. But like we already concluded, it's practically the boundary of City of Paris. The Grande Palace was rather easy to find from that photo. It's glass roof is so different from anything else. When looking at the photo, remember perpective. Arc de triumph looks to be in center of Paris in that photo, but it's not even close to it in reality. It's near the west limit of Paris. Notre Dame is roughly 3 times fruther from Grande Arche than Arc de Triumph is from Grande Arche.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9391/parisaq9.th.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=parisaq9.jpg)

And map to show the same places (where the Ring-Road and limits of Paris differs, I used dashed line to draw the Ring-Road):
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9381/mappariswm3.th.jpg (http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mappariswm3.jpg)

SupaKrupa
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info. Suddenly I feel like I've lived in Paris my entire life :)

Deepwaters
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the info. Suddenly I feel like I've lived in Paris my entire life :)

I don't. If I had, my French would be better. ;)

Joey_adore_Jung
04-15-2007, 08:06 PM
6 months ago when i was video googling Final Fantasy Music Vids (where i developed the orchestra muci taste) and came across i think it was i'm not twenty or JEAM. so yea it was cool then i looked ofr more and more and i ended up here

xbeckyxx
04-16-2007, 02:07 AM
haha, it is kind of weird.
i first heard her in my school. :|.
my french teacher was playing 'moi lolita' in class. hahah. and my friend LOVED the song, and was always listening to it.
so then iwas like listening to it.
then like a few days ago i just decided to check out some of her videos on youtube because i was bored.
and i thought awww shes so adorable. and liked a few of her songs even though i dont understand most of them, but yeah.
i think shes jus adorable & i like her music,so now im hooked! hah. <333

atra201
04-16-2007, 02:57 AM
she's more than adorable becky, trust me.
a couple of days here and you'll find out for yourself who is the moonface.

marik
04-19-2007, 07:01 AM
hi guys im marik its late that ill post in this thread but i discover Alizée in Youtube too where the vid is Jen ai Marre! when im searching pop musics the results is this,Alizée's performance of Jen ai Marre! is kinda magical beauty of her and her dance and ofcourse her soft voice or i mean charmed voice,then when i search Alizée in yahoo homepage i saw this site and register fast,then i search to wikipedia,all of her that i need an info to her is cool, BTW sorrry guys for having long story!

Joey_adore_Jung
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
hi guys im marik its late that ill post in this thread but i discover Alizée in Youtube too where the vid is Jen ai Marre! when im searching pop musics the results is this,Alizée's performance of Jen ai Marre! is kinda magical beauty of her and her dance and ofcourse her soft voice or i mean charmed voice,then when i search Alizée in yahoo homepage i saw this site and register fast,then i search to wikipedia,all of her that i need an info to her is cool, BTW sorrry guys for having long story!

ah it's ok not your fault took me awhile to find this site so wahtever i found ehr on google video she was on top 100 so yea samething happened man don't worry about it i swear my story could ben longer

Munster
05-14-2007, 11:17 PM
April 15, 2007 for me. Her video of J'en ai marre came up randomly on youTube. Changed my life forever.

william p yoder
05-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I discovered Alizee on the first day of american idol of this year ...somehow I got a link to a google vid called frances britney spears so I looked ..the rest is history so to speak I havent been the same since...during that time i was downloading music like crazy everything from christine agulara to bjork to even a comeback of kate bush..some of the music was pretty good but i was thinking where is that music that is on another level I thought there was no such thing as the coming of the next big thing in music ...of course I was wrong Alizee has been on my car mp3 player for the last 3 months Ive hardly listen to any other pop music since ....just occaisanily so I can compare it to Alizee of course nothing is even remotely close...my only regret about my situation is that I discovered her so late I wish I had heard of her in 2001 I would have been at the en concert vid!!I wouldnt have cared if i spent a few thousand dollars to see her in person ..i hope to see her in her comeback concerts

lamedog
05-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Are we trying to beat a record or something? This thread might beat that 196 pages or whatever it was in one of those early posts about Alizee.

Anyway - As many of you, I found Alizee on the net while on I think it was Break - it said take a look at this HOT girl - and that led me to find out more - who was she? Found a few videos and well yeah - As we all are HOOKED. Its been around 8-10 months now and can't wait for the new album.

And unlike some of you, I live in New Zealand - probably one of the furtherest away from Paris, France so :( - not likely to spot her on the street.

Oh well - the wait continues for the long awaited release.

chelsey
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
i didnt know about her til my boyfriend was obsessed with her music and her. so he gave me a cd of her...and yup...she is like the best singer i've heard in a long time.

Krokodil
05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
I discovered Alizee accidently about 2 month ago - by downloading Russian music Tatu. I liked 1 Tatu's remix with Alizee specificaly the hot voice, so I decided to download couple clips to see maybe she is hot too as her voice..... God those 2 Alizee's clips that I first downloaded shocked me first I watched La Isla Bonita and 2nd was Je ..... smthing where she sings about goldfish ....that was it thats when I got totally hooked! Now Im wondering where can I buy her DVDs I m looking for her concert DVD. Wish I knew how to download Russian music 5 years ago probably I could be on that concert ....... I hope Alizee will come back to us again - Im moving back to Europe soon and Im sure Ill not miss her 2nd Concert.

Luc
05-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum crocodile :D
There is a sticky about buying the En Concert DVD: http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=717

Joey_adore_Jung
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
welcome krok great to have you on the forum. :D

Zack -Alizee Lover-
05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I discovered Alizee accidently about 2 month ago - by downloading Russian music Tatu. I liked 1 Tatu's remix with Alizee specificaly the hot voice, so I decided to download couple clips to see maybe she is hot too as her voice..... God those 2 Alizee's clips that I first downloaded shocked me first I watched La Isla Bonita and 2nd was Je ..... smthing where she sings about goldfish ....that was it thats when I got totally hooked! Now Im wondering where can I buy her DVDs I m looking for her concert DVD. Wish I knew how to download Russian music 5 years ago probably I could be on that concert ....... I hope Alizee will come back to us again - Im moving back to Europe soon and Im sure Ill not miss her 2nd Concert.

I see your in love just with her image and not of her voice...
Besides why Russian music?
She is french....

loveher
05-21-2007, 02:03 AM
its quite sweet to hark back on the first time i heard about/watched Alizee :wub: .its about two years ago when i was at a friend’s home with other two friends and we were playing wining eleven 8 on his ps2,when i was off the console i started to play his computer, and there were a great number of downloaded videos of many artists in his music collection, among them was a video clip called La isla bonita, well it must be the twist of fate i played it and was completely bewitched by the singer’s natural and peerless beauty :wub: ,her fabulous voice and her manner during the performance immediately. then i asked my friend who the girl was, they looked at me for a while (the way peering at an Martian lol ) and started to laugh at me(because i was totally blushed i think ),i got angry and threatened to leave(quite a kid’s reaction ) if they wouldn’t tell me the name of the singer and stop laughing at me. then they stopped and told me its a French singer named Alizee and showed me some pictures of her in his harddisk. needless to say i couldn’t put my mind on anything else anymore. that night after getting home i searched her on internet crazily, searching everything from her introduction to her songs to her videos to pictures and so forth, everything as possible. ive been a huge(well not as loyal as i used to be) since that day

ps:i have posted this somewhere else,but i want to share my story with you guys:)

theGhost_k8
05-21-2007, 04:15 AM
i went crazy when the first time i saw moi-lolita in mid december 2004. one wild afternoon in which i went to a friends home to bring on a songs cd.. i just saw a broken download in the cd.. that was moi-lolita, incomplete vdo.. there after i m nuts for her..
so its been almost 3 years ...
i'll love to c her live.. and will surely visit corsia once in mylifetime...

dear ojas.. if ur reading this.. i love your sis.

heyamigo
05-21-2007, 05:38 AM
it's only been a few weeks for me, but it feels like every minute of those few weeks have been occupied by thoughts of alizee in one way or another. good thing i found this place and people i can relate to!

i was introduced to her on a fantasy baseball forum of all places. we had a topic in the off topic section discussing our favorite youtube videos. some guy posted the JEAM video and well, we all know what JEAM videos can do to a person. i suppose it was mostly sex appeal at first, but after a lot of reading and watching alizee stuff on the web, and realizing the many beautiful facets to her, i began to appreciate and love the more "humanized" alizee rather than the sexy JEAM alizee that i began with.

but seriously, in this short span i've known alizee, my life has changed quite a bit. during this recent time, i was in a very very tough struggle with some personal issues. i'm trying to get over a long time substance abuse and i've been very down. i know it sounds horribly corny, but i can seriously say that alizee provided me with the hope and strength to fight on and survive. she inspires me to stay positive; her music, her beauty, her undeniable genuineness, and that incredible heavenly smile is a cure for all problems. just thinking about those things help me deal with my pain and sorrow. but enough with the depressing talk. sorry, guys.

yea, so i'm seriously addicted to alizee. it's one addiction i'm fine with though. i'm sure it will plateau, but i'm at a point where if i am outside, i want to come back home so i can listen and watch alizee stuff. i wake up wanting to hear her music, and it's all that i can think about at the moment. it's great, it keeps my mind off stupid things.

at first, i was sort of disappointed that i found out about her so late and she's no longer the young girl she was back in her active days. but later i realized i didn't care about that and that i appreciate and cherish the memories that she left us with for now (and there's quite a bit, i can watch and listen over and over again). i mean her beauty transcends time; it's like the marilyn monroe effect (ok, a slight exaggeration ;) ).

i have to say i'm really digging some of the lyrics to alizee songs. mind you, i don't listen to any foreign music so it's a new thing for me, but it's really fun seeing the translations of the music and interpretations and finding out it's not something you expected. and some of these lyrics are incredibly mature and very multi faceted. some are very shocking, i mean i had no idea such a happy sounding song like hey! amigo! is about a barcelona prostitute, but those lyrics and ones from a contre-courant blow me away. it makes me appreciate the songs even more on another level.

okay, this post is getting really long so i'll stop now. anyways, i'm glad i found this place, seems like this place is full of very dedicated, high quality fans!

Kaptain Kurse
05-21-2007, 06:43 AM
I actually discovered Alizee whilst on holiday in Spain last year (September 2006). My wife and I where returning to our resort after a day trip to Andorra when our tour-guide starts playing music videos on the coach tv. At first I didn't pay much attention, but then one particular video caught my attention. A cute girl in a black 'sailor' outfit was performing a French song. It stuck in my head and I just couldn't shift it. Luckily her name flashed up at the end and I memorized it. On my return home from holiday, (God, it the rest of my holiday dragged! lol), I looked her up on the 'net. The song was J'en Ai Marre. I have been hooked ever since and can't wait for her new album.:D

KK

nurvonic
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
hey heyamigo. very well said. alizee has that effect on people. i know someone else on the site who was going through some tough emotional shit in their lives, and alizee seemed to make it all go away. i myself was sort of in the same boat, but nothing close to substance abuse or relationship problems. welcome to the site! hope you enjoy it :D

lead2gold
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Ran across her on YouTube, instantly hooked :)

BTW, great post heyamigo
Have you figured out what I'm Fed Up is about yet? ;)

theit77
05-21-2007, 03:08 PM
it's only been a few weeks for me, but it feels like every minute of those few weeks have been occupied by thoughts of alizee in one way or another. good thing i found this place and people i can relate to!

i was introduced to her on a fantasy baseball forum of all places. we had a topic in the off topic section discussing our favorite youtube videos. some guy posted the JEAM video and well, we all know what JEAM videos can do to a person. i suppose it was mostly sex appeal at first, but after a lot of reading and watching alizee stuff on the web, and realizing the many beautiful facets to her, i began to appreciate and love the more "humanized" alizee rather than the sexy JEAM alizee that i began with.

but seriously, in this short span i've known alizee, my life has changed quite a bit. during this recent time, i was in a very very tough struggle with some personal issues. i'm trying to get over a long time substance abuse and i've been very down. i know it sounds horribly corny, but i can seriously say that alizee provided me with the hope and strength to fight on and survive. she inspires me to stay positive; her music, her beauty, her undeniable genuineness, and that incredible heavenly smile is a cure for all problems. just thinking about those things help me deal with my pain and sorrow. but enough with the depressing talk. sorry, guys.

Hey Hey Amigo! Welcome, and don't worry, your talk isn't depressing, but actually reminiscent of many others. Most of us here are similar to you in that we 'discovered' recently (after she left the stage), were completely blown away by her beauty, yet sophistication and class, and our lives have changed more than we'd ever expect.

CFHollister
05-21-2007, 07:23 PM

yea, so i'm seriously addicted to alizee. it's one addiction i'm fine with though. i'm sure it will plateau, but i'm at a point where if i am outside, i want to come back home so i can listen and watch alizee stuff. i wake up wanting to hear her music, and it's all that i can think about at the moment. it's great, it keeps my mind off stupid things.

at first, i was sort of disappointed that i found out about her so late and she's no longer the young girl she was back in her active days. but later i realized i didn't care about that and that i appreciate and cherish the memories that she left us with for now (and there's quite a bit, i can watch and listen over and over again). i mean her beauty transcends time; it's like the marilyn monroe effect (ok, a slight exaggeration ;) ).

i have to say i'm really digging some of the lyrics to alizee songs. mind you, i don't listen to any foreign music so it's a new thing for me, but it's really fun seeing the translations of the music and interpretations and finding out it's not something you expected. and some of these lyrics are incredibly mature and very multi faceted. some are very shocking, i mean i had no idea such a happy sounding song like hey! amigo! is about a barcelona prostitute, but those lyrics and ones from a contre-courant blow me away. it makes me appreciate the songs even more on another level.

okay, this post is getting really long so i'll stop now. anyways, i'm glad i found this place, seems like this place is full of very dedicated, high quality fans!

Dude... you are not alone. Your story is similar to many of ours. I'm glad you found us:)

Edcognito
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Ran across her on YouTube, instantly hooked :)

BTW, great post heyamigo
Have you figured out what I'm Fed Up is about yet? ;)

What the HELL is it about? :(

I'm an idiot, i just dont' get it. . . . :(

Ed:cool:

Edcognito
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome to all the new People - And no - your not alone in finding the amazing person captivating! :) Lots of us do!

Ed :)

lead2gold
05-21-2007, 11:31 PM

Well I guess I don't know for sure but...
From the direct translation of the French version..

"My fish stirs
In my bubbly bath
I wrap him up tenderly"

"Everything is delicious"
"Tamed naughtiness"

"I relax
And refresh myself" .. Oh oui ..

"It's my aquatic state,
Getting there is tricky"

"No seismic tremors"

Now if you read the English version of the song..

"It makes me wonder: Is it a sin?"

I'll let your imagination fill in the rest. ;)

Sir Wood
05-22-2007, 12:54 AM

There was a pretty lengthy discussion on this.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=481

But I'll stick to my ignorance that she's just fed up with all that's going on around her and venting, and taking a soothing bath helps to relieve these worries/stress away. The "Calgon take me away" commercial comes to mind:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsReBCYaR-Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsReBCYaR-Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

soldier_54
06-08-2007, 03:03 AM
I first heard about Alizee in 2001. One of my friends in france asked me if I would like to hear a lovely young singer. I have been a fan since. I even listened to her for my year and a half in Iraq. I had alot of time on my hands. So i managed to get alot of her DVD and CD's. But yeah. I have been a fan since.

heyamigo
06-15-2007, 01:30 PM
bumping this thread for all the new members to post on!

espire
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I think a new thread with the same goal was just created. Here goes anyway...

Gourmandises popped up on Last.fm radio. The piano riff caught me, but Alizée's voice blew me away!

SpeedShift
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
When did you discover Alizee????
Exactly? I have no idea... It feels like I've known of her always. :D
But roughly, about four or five months I believe.

Unknown
07-01-2007, 07:59 AM
i discover Alizée newyear Jan 1 2007 and then sign up here (yamislifer my old account) and didnt sign in for months! because of the hacker of my old account,in Yahoo videos i searched for the title madonna and i found the la isla bonita!,

you guys where or how do you discover Alizée?:blink:

marik
07-01-2007, 08:01 AM
:wub::eek:i discover Alizée in 2006 december and later signup here!
i discover her in Youtube finding Pops songs(when i typed Pops i accidentally found the top of the pops Im Fed Up!

so thats what my life changE!:eek:

and BTW i think this was discussed before!
i dont remember now!:blink:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
There is already a thread like that.

Killian
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Discovered her a while back. I saw a picture of her performing J'en ai Marre on Channel 2 (?), when she was wearing that black top and hot pants. I quickly looked her up on youtube and I was blown away by her beauty, gracefulness and downright talent. I quickly bought her Cd's and haven't looked back since.

alizeeisanangel
07-02-2007, 01:27 AM
i play a game called world of warcraft and i was looking up where they
got the dances for each charecter in the game. so upon watching youtube videos i see that the night elf dance is Alizées dance so i looked up Alizée on youtube and found J'en Ai Marre the video you can see in this link below. i've know about Alizée for about 2 or 3 weeks now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM <==== J'en Ai Marre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066_q4DIeqk <====is the video is saw her dancing next to the night elf. she is at 00:55

http://www.youtube.com/wowtaurenhunter <=====is my youtube link.
by my youtube homepage you can tell i love alizee :P