PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stone

Faztradamus
04-13-2007, 12:31 PM
profile deleted

RMJ
04-13-2007, 12:44 PM
It's quite ok program. The design is bit off by current standards since it has not updated since the dawn of mankind. But it does it's job pretty well.

I have myself been meaning to use it to practice pronouncing of French (and of course grammar and vocabulary with it. But pronouncing being the main thing) but haven't had time to do it really (I'd have to cut Lili time down to be able to do other things :blink: ).

Success really depends how much you use it. After all, any practice when done enough helps you to learn the language.

nurvonic
04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
the US military uses it. and yes its very effective, so i've heard.

C-4
04-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I thought about getting Rosetta Stone, but instead picked up Rocket French. It was less expensive, could be downloaded from the internet to my computer and seems to be a very good course as well.

Rocket
04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
That's what I have C-4 :D

Twitch
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Rosetta Stone try it free here:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?p=35393#post35393
If you like it it buy it, if not you didn't lose any money. Just unRar the two parts and then mount or burn the ISO, you will then have the French level 1 & 2 lessons.

Like RMJ says the interface design might not be the coolest out there but it does work if you spend an hour or two everyday working on it.

painbringer
04-15-2007, 02:01 AM
im gonna try this one. its the superlearning stuff that is really effective. i have many cd's from this company and i must say they work as advertise. you just gotta stick with it.

http://www.learningstrategies.com/EasyLearn/Home.asp

vodkacups
05-12-2007, 02:11 AM
I have it, it's not bad. There's no translation at all though, it doesn't say what anything means it just shows you pictures and you click on the picture that it's reffering to. So like, you'll hear the guy say "L'homme est sous l'avion rouge" or something like that, and you''ll click on the picture of a man under a red airplane out of the four pictures. My only problem with it is there is no translation whatsoever. Like, it doesn't tell you what the french means in english, you gotta kinda just, figure it out for yourself through the pictures which will make you memorize it faster but can get really confusing. You should check it out if you have the money, or you can aquire it from *ahem* other means...

lead2gold
05-12-2007, 03:42 AM
I've been using it for about a month now and I really like it. Its great for vocab and pronunciation, but it falls a little short on grammar. But like RMJ said, the program hasn't been updated since the Stone Age.