PDA

View Full Version : Anthony's Analysis of the song L'émail a des ailes

garçoncanadien
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
source: nidalizee.com

INTRO :

This song with love as its main idea has as its theme the three part relationship between Alizée, Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. You will observe that each couplet refers to one of these people… happy reading

The first couplet:

“All… is written
But my life is unique
Its with… the ink that
Enters into life… that I draw myself”

This first couplet refers to Alizée, she explains to us that “all is written” (her song lyrics, her clothes, her concerts…) by Mylène, but what differentiates her is her life. Like everybody, she is unique.
It is with the first textual ideas that come to Mylène’s spirit when she writes a song for Alizée that Alizée the artist is born.

The second couplet:

“The author, a heart
Between her artistic fingers
Its she who lightly touches
Mine… that beats to tell her”

This couplet is Mylène’s, Alizée put her heart in Mylène’s hands and knows that she will feel what Alizée feels, so she will put this in the form of a song.

Refrain:

“To tell him:
If love
Is confidential
Come back to love
Email has wings
Words that we send
Memos and mails
Its at the tips of his fingers
That fly forth
My words that mix together

For this refrain one can only venture the hypothesis of an eventual relationship between Alizée and her artistic mentors through the internet. Their relationship of love stays confidential, protected from the eyes of the public and the media (you have never seen Alizée with Mylène or Laurent Boutonnat for more than 4 years!). “Email has wings” quite simply shows off the speed of such a message, no sooner written than it is already in the inbox of the recipient. The fingers that Alizée is talking about are still and are always Mylène’s, by her poetry she gives a lightness to the words that will become Alizée’s. For the “words that mix”, we can think about a dialogue between Mylène and Alizée, which can often be so fast that one answers a question right after it is given, which is where “the mixture of words” comes from.

The third couplet:

“All… is written
But his keyboard weaves me
Of enclosed things…
Of emotions that belong to me…”

Logically following after Alizée and Mylène, this 3rd couplet belongs to Laurent. All of the music is already composed on Laurent Boutonnat’s keyboard, but it is referring to something private (enclosed) of the emotions that Alizée feels through this music that therefore belong to her.

The fourth couplet:

“Red, 2 or 3 touches
And it’s the fruit that is delightful
Her gust opens me slightly
And unbuttoned my life”

This fourth couplet plays a concluding role speaking about Mylène and Laurent. Is Mylène writing in red ink? We don’t really know, the 2 or 3 touches are without a doubt those from Laurent Boutonnat’s beloved keyboard. A magnificent play on words is to be noted: “Unbuttoned” – The fact of expressing Alizée’s inner soul (her electric current) – the fact of giving her Mylène’s musical style thanks to the powerful music of Laurent Boutonnat.

BroKenSkullDG
08-14-2020, 04:14 PM
I have found another Analysis of this Song, that adds more depth to the one already provided by Anthony.

https://www.innamoramento.net/mylene-farmer/analyses/titia_l-e-mail-a-des-ailes