PDA

View Full Version : Anthony's Analysis of the song l'Alizé

garçoncanadien
04-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Introduction

This text, which upon first glance seems pretty simple, hides great secrets of adolescence, of first emotions, but also more complex references. Now dive into this troubled period that is adolescence, which is just as magnificent as it is evil…

“All the winds,
Blow the evils of the heart”: The tradewind, also a reference to this light breeze that brushes your skin on the Corsican seas, a reference to Alizée. So, in this troubling period that is adolescence, every harmless event (represented here by the different winds) will make you forget about the sad thoughts of love.
“I’m like the wind:
The spirit at 1000 kph,”: To learn to live fast in an identical world, such is one of the objectives of adolescence, to become an adult and to blend into the crowd. Here, this also summarizes Alizée’s character, a “speedy” person, a character trait that, above all, has its advantages and disadvantages.

“Without a doubt, I judge too quickly
It’s ok, too bad”: Our eyes want to tell us what we already know, that in adolescence, the spirit is often restrained by new knowledge and restrained even more by tolerance for others. But what does it matter, it is only for a period of her life, and like she says so well “Too bad!”

“It’s right there, I get nervous
I grow up, love as well”: Reiteration of the state of the spirit of adolescence, with agitation and reflection of the enormous loves to come? Alizée is philosophizing and in part this approach proves her maturity and her ascension to adulthood.

“It is in the wind
That I like to loiter around,”: Here she refers to the Alizé, therefore to herself, she loiters around her spirit, she has fun by finding and finding herself again, guided by her “adult reflections” (represented by the wind).

“I am like the wind
I embrace an entire army
Of dreams and bluebonnets,”: The wind is limitless, it does not know borders, or territories, even, more metaphorically, that of the soul. This is how Alizée breaks free of the limits imposed on her during her childhood and promotes her love, and her tolerance of all beings. Better be beings of dreams than of bluebonnets (representation of the injured in the war of 1914-1918 and more metaphorically of the injured and dirtied soul). This strophe is contrary to what was said a bit earlier where Alizée tells us “I judge, without a doubt, too fast”, but what were you expecting, it is Mylène Farmer! So, really, a bit of paradox!

“Dive into
I know what I am
Even if I cry all the time
So, say…”: The dream, above, has two meanings, Alizée dives into it, sure of her feelings, but deep down, she cries, because of the adult that forgot that this adolescence is a very tiring period, and that it makes her feel very bad.
“Stop
Telling me that the wind turned
Its not true”: Being a rebel, she separates herself from the adult, this last one from unsuccessful love takes revenge on the young adolescent while shattering her dreams, it throws the truth in her face and the utopia of childhood takes it for whatever it wants.

“Please
Stop
Saying that adolescence is:
What we don’t know, because I”: A rhetorical confusion, Alizée gets the formalities of addressing adults and the more informal language of children mixed up. Always a rebellious spirit, she tries to stop this sadistic adult who takes evil pleasure in beating her down, as if his adolescent character makes her stupid and not able to have feeling.

“I’ve found my love
It’s a breeze, a sweet wind of love:
Its light, it’s the tradewind,”: Found love, of its pleasures and its pains, Alizée distances herself from it. Does she show symptoms of narcissism?

“I say that love
Must be felt completely
What she wants, Alizée all the time…”: the sediment that forms in fermented liquids (wines), in general one does not consume this stuff. Here Alizée tells us that love must be felt completely, which reading between the lines means until one feels disgusted. Its quite common to do this until it is disgusting during the adolescent years. Sure of herself, a bit of flagrant advertising of her ego (which is quite necessary in this job), Alizée shows that she always gets what she wants. Until now this has turned out to be true, as much as in the practice of her work as in her private life.

“Like the wind
Brings the pains of the heart
In a hurricane
A 1000kph whirlwind”: the mood swings of adolescence (wind) can make you forget the pains of love, but it can just as easily bring them into a hurricane, a whirlwind that will devastate everything in its path.
“I am without a doubt like him
Its ok, I am
At the prime of my life
I grow up, love also”: Alizée considers herself to be a hurricane, she knows that by these mood swings she can create disaster, but she is more subdued, she knows she is just at the start of her life, and with the help of some maturity, she can improve herself like a good wine as much as in her soul as her body…

“Its in the four winds
That I like to live”: With several states of mind, likes to free herself to the four winds of her spirit and feels good sometimes in love, and sometimes in another state of mind…

“I am like the wind
I bring all my secrets
Into a Garden of Eden”: It is true that, when speaking of weather, wind is something not so well known just like all its phenomena (hurricane whirlwind…). Alizée can be found there, it is true that when the single came out this lady was not so well known to us, with multiple facets and full of secrets.

“To dive inside
I know this hymen
Will stay for a long time
So say…”: And to finish this text with beauty, Mylène offers a sublime allusion to the community of fans, those who want to know everything about how their favorite artist passes her time (private and professional). Here Alizée says she protects herself for many years (symbolic of the hymen). She has pretty much succeeded for better or for worse, even if the birth of her little Anny-Lee put her into the front pages of the scandals of the press.

Joey_adore_Jung
04-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Garcon This Stuff Is Awesome Great Work