PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

aFrenchie
07-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey there!
I'm new here and you won't believe it, I'm French. So why am I here in a US website about Alizée while there are French forums as well that I don't even have registered? I'm not even a huge fan of Alizée, or I should say I'm not fond of her music. But, well, you can get it, the woman (that damn little woman!) and whatever the music she sings is are two different things! :)
Anyway the reason why I'm here? Mostly because of the call in this thread:
http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=169
I thought it would be cool to help when you're stuck because of the French language, and at the same time that would be a good idea to improve my English by talking here instead of French forums. I'm gonna transcript what they're saying in the video above right now...
Anyway, if I can help about lyrics/newspapers or what is to be heard in videos (mostly interviews), point me to them and I'll try my best to translate in my own (lame) English. At least I'll write down the original sayings in French.

Spartan500
07-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forums and I'm sure Brad is happy that you are going to help with the translations

aFrenchie
07-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Great. Thanks for your welcome :).
(Translation done in the link above)

Spartan500
07-30-2006, 11:01 AM
cool thanks for first putting it in french cause i'm trying to learn

brad
07-30-2006, 12:53 PM
welcome to the website, im glad you found it ... :)

Any help you can provide with translations and new information about Alizee is very appreciated. I am also curious about some of the French feelings toward Alizee, and what your opinions are on her comeback ... how well she will be received and that kind of thing...

Is it true that only young girls like her music? I think her songs are great, but people always tell me it is because I don't understand the words .. lol

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to register with the website and help with some translations .. And I think your english is perfect .. (from what I have seen you write so far) :)

aditya8617
07-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Welcome to website. Good to have u here, and u do speak good english.

aFrenchie
07-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I am also curious about some of the French feelings toward Alizee,
I'm afraid I won't talk about her as a "true" fan since, like I said above, I'm not fond of her music. Anyway, I'm not here by accident you may imagine! :) I've seen her on TV many times and like any normal male, my eyes popped up every single time. Not only for her sexiness of course but also for the very cute et charming person she is as a whole.

how well she will be received and that kind of thing...
In your opinion? When guys like me (ie. who don't like her music much) are hanging out in your forum and even trying to help? :)

Is it true that only young girls like her music?
I would tend to think so. But probably girls are her most "visible" fans and guys secretely love her "sous la couette" :D (J'en Ai Marre anyone?).

I think her songs are great, but people always tell me it is because I don't understand the words .. lol
Sure, I wouldn't compare her lyrics with Jacques Brel's for example (or Bob Dylan's stateside). But I'd say that they're not the worse that I've heard in the pop industry! Anyway, if her two first albums were clearly made for quite a young audience, I'm sure that she'll try to change her direction to more mature things in her 3rd one.

And I think your english is perfect .. (from what I have seen you write so far)
Perfect? Wow thank you! I hope you won't change your mind later on :)

Welcome to website. Good to have u here, and u do speak good english.
Thanks.

brad
07-30-2006, 04:36 PM
if you didn't say that you are not a native english speaker, I never would have suspected you weren't .. :)

one thing that has been killing me to find out, what is alizee saying at the very beginning of this video?

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=38

and what does the person holding the camera say to alizee at the end?? Answer that and I will mail you some cookies :)

aFrenchie
07-30-2006, 05:25 PM
if you didn't say that you are not a native english speaker, I never would have suspected you weren't ..
I must say that I already have some "mail-pals" in the USA to practice my English. One of them told me my grammar was better that Bush's grammar! :eek: (tell me that was a joke!)

one thing that I has been killing me to find out, what is alizee saying at the very beginning of this video?
No problem (I'll let you move the quotes below to the right thread)
Even with my headphones, I'm not sure of the very first line. My guess:
[Alizée] "Énorme. Very énorme" (very? : that would be "Frenglish"?)
[Voice] "Mais on se voit partout en fait. On se retrouve partout dans le monde!"
[Alizée] "Qu'est-ce que tu fais là ?"
[Voice] (...)

Translation:
[Alizée] "Great. Very great" (again, I'm not sure)
[Voice] "Wow we see each other everywhere! We meet everywhere in the world!"
[Alizée] "What are you doing here?"
[Voice] (she's about to answer but Alizée shuts the window on her face!)

and what does the person holding the camera say to alizee at the end??
[Voice] Alors, vos impressions?

Translation:
[Voice] So, your impressions?
[My guess about Alizée laughing] she tries to find something funny to answer but no idea shows up, so she laughs at herself for looking a bit silly [/My guess]

Answer that and I will mail you some cookies
Rather bring them with you to Corsica! (and tell her I sent you ;) )

brad
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Rather bring them with you to Corsica! (and tell her I sent you ;) )

That sounds like a great idea! lol

and thanks for the translation .. i always wanted to know what she was saying there

rwd716
12-10-2006, 07:00 AM
I dugg up this old thread (I don't even know how I stumbled on it) to bring you all some "old school" Frenchie, lol.

Not only for her sexiness of course but also for the very cute et charming person she is as a whole.

I like how you let your french slip through, lol. I used to do that w/ spanish. I only took one year of it, but I'd find myself thinking "y" instead of "and", lol.

Frenchie did you post somewhere about how you found this site? Just curious.

aFrenchie
12-10-2006, 08:11 AM
I like how you let your french slip through, lol.Still, I think I very rarely leave French words in my English.
Frenchie did you post somewhere about how you found this site? Just curious.
Probably Google, or maybe a link in AF. I don't remember.

brad
12-10-2006, 01:09 PM
ahhh memories :)

i remember wanting to ask a lot more questions, but I didn't want to push my luck ... lol

aFrenchie
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
i remember wanting to ask a lot more questions, but I didn't want to push my luck ... lol
Have you asked all of them by now?

rwd716
12-10-2006, 03:19 PM
So Frenchie, have you warmed up to her music now, or is it just the max-cuteness factor that keeps you coming back?

aFrenchie
12-10-2006, 03:22 PM
So Frenchie, have you warmed up to her music now, or is it just the max-cuteness factor that keeps you coming back?
I hope you won't lapidate me, it's still the latter :)

Cooney
12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
I hope you won't lapidate me, it's still the latter :)

Holy...

Congratulations aFrenchie... you just used a word in English that is 100% correct and very fitting, but which I had never even heard of, much less seen in use (and I'm a language obsessed Shakespeare-loving actor). I had to pull out my English dictionary :-P

Lapidate: To pelt with stones; to stone to death.

Fear not, I don't imagine we shall be lapidating you any time soon! We'll convert you yet ::grins::

aFrenchie
12-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I had to pull out my English dictionary :-P
It was easy for me, in French it's "lapider".

Fear not, I don't imagine we shall be lapidating you any time soon!
Thank you :D

Ernest
05-23-2007, 06:09 AM
I can make your lapidate but not stone . . .in wood;) :) :)

lissa15
06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
its nice that you are on here maybe you can learn 2 like alizee while on here like we all do:p

thats amazazazing
06-09-2007, 12:26 AM
old thread ^_^ :D

hes been gone for a couple months now :/

Drake498
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
he stops by now and then too... ;)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-10-2007, 03:20 AM
old thread ^_^ :D

hes been gone for a couple months now :/

He has hes reasons to be away...

aditya8617
06-10-2007, 01:57 PM
He has hes reasons to be away...

Why don't you take a vaccation as well. we can do with a little less spamming:D .

thats amazazazing
06-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Why don't you take a vaccation as well. we can do with a little less spamming:D .

i agree, leave zack ^_^

Edcognito
06-10-2007, 04:30 PM
i agree, leave zack ^_^

I like Zack's spamming! :P

Stay Zack - and keep everyone riled up! ITS FUN!

Ed:cool:

Drake498
06-10-2007, 04:56 PM

i agree, leave zack ^_^

lol thats harsh, even tho i know you guys don't mean it ;) I'm sure Zack knows that too, anyhow, its all good man, and i agree with Ed, keep em riled up :p

thats amazazazing
06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
haha, just jokes ^_^

i only dislike that med student on this forum, he has obsession issues.