PDA

View Full Version : How to whistle loudly w/ two fingers...

Sir Wood
05-31-2007, 11:24 PM
So I've been reading this Lifehacker article and still can't do this. Anyone have an easier method to achieving this? BTW, write as if you're teaching it to a first grader. :D

http://lifehacker.com/software/how-to/how-to-whistle-loudly-with-two-fingers-155424.php

aditya8617
06-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I believe it is a natural art and very very difficult to learn. I have given up on it. Good luck if you want to try.

Uméesha
06-01-2007, 04:46 AM
here u can try like this

1. keep both the finger in contact that is middle and the thumb finger both are attached.

2. fold you tongue in U shape and mouth in oval shape....
3. blow the air through the tongue with a great velocity of about 0.7m/sec
4. the whistle sound will hear..... enjoy it.....

OGRE
06-01-2007, 07:27 AM

Umesh, are you an engineer?

Sir Wood
06-01-2007, 10:49 AM
here u can try like this

1. keep both the finger in contact that is middle and the thumb finger both are attached.

2. fold you tongue in U shape and mouth in oval shape....
4. the whistle sound will hear..... enjoy it.....
Thanks, I'll have to try this at home, I don't think it'll be appropriate at work.

rcs
06-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Nothing but a handfull of spit came out at about 0.7m/sec...:(

It's easier to speak French.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM

That sounds like you were talking Welsh, although I think they are about 1.2 m/sec.:p

Sir Wood
06-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I believe it is a natural art and very very difficult to learn. I have given up on it. Good luck if you want to try.

I think you're right. One is probably born with that ability. My attempts at following those directions did nothing but made me light headed. (But at least I didn't get spit all over. :p ) I'll just keep to clapping. :(

I guess if I need to hail a cab for whatever reason, I'll just raise my pant's leg and stick my bare leg out for show. :eek: (j/k)

Uméesha
06-03-2007, 04:50 AM

yes OGRE am doing Bachelor's Degree in engineering as a software engineer..... so any reason for it?:D

Uméesha
06-03-2007, 04:52 AM

no rcs the spit will come out at 2.1m/sec.. so may be approximately 0.7m/sec is the correct frequency of blowing the air... as a whistle...

Uméesha
06-03-2007, 04:57 AM
I think you're right. One is probably born with that ability. My attempts at following those directions did nothing but made me light headed. (But at least I didn't get spit all over. :p ) I'll just keep to clapping. :(

I guess if I need to hail a cab for whatever reason, I'll just raise my pant's leg and stick my bare leg out for show. :eek: (j/k)

no word is tough for the human beings.... they can learn anything they want to.... god has given about 100% knowledge to all the human beings... but the thing is that how to utilize their brain.... this remains in their hands. so learning to whistle is not so tough even small kids would do it......:)

SupaKrupa
06-03-2007, 06:21 AM
I had to wipe down my monitor after that attempt :S

Uméesha
06-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I had to wipe down my monitor after that attempt :S

hey supa nice try.... but you need more practise to learn it...... try try untill u suceed it... dont leave it or lose it.... if u got bored just neglect it.... and feel it.... as it is not important....:D

OGRE
06-03-2007, 10:33 AM
yes OGRE am doing Bachelor's Degree in engineering as a software engineer..... so any reason for it?:D

Hehe...yeah. I'm an engineer too. The precision at which you identified the air velocity for the whistle (0.7 m/s) sort of caught my eye.

Uméesha
06-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Hehe...yeah. I'm an engineer too. The precision at which you identified the air velocity for the whistle (0.7 m/s) sort of caught my eye.

yeah OGRE, You got it!

aditya8617
06-04-2007, 07:33 AM

You will rarely see an Indian with a different occupation.

Uméesha
06-04-2007, 07:53 AM
You will rarely see an Indian with a different occupation.

you are 100% true aditya...

OGRE
06-04-2007, 10:13 AM
you are 100% true aditya...

Democracy (world's Largest!).
Captalism.
Entrepreneurialism.
Higher Education (e.g., Engineer).
Alizée

Five foundations that can serve as a strong barrier to forces that tend to divide and destroy.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Captalism.
Entrepreneurialism.
Alizée

Five foundations that can serve as a strong barrier to forces that tend to divide and destroy.

If you forgive me for being picky, I would have to change the order:

Alizée
Democracy
Captalism.
Entrepreneurialism.
Higher Education

The other four are nice, but you can live without them!:p

Uméesha
06-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Captalism.
Entrepreneurialism.
Alizée

yeah all are ok, but Higher education is from (IT profession) as well engineer's and doctor's...

OGRE
06-04-2007, 02:38 PM
yeah all are ok, but Higher education is from (IT profession) as well engineer's and doctor's...

Yes. Hence, my choice of exempli gratia ("e.g."), as opposed to id est ("i.e."). A subtle, yet significant, choice when identifying a parenthetical list.

As for all you non technical normal people out there, this exchange is an engineering thing derived from our continuous search for clarity and/or precision. I threw in the latin to impress the girls.....which is a lot easier to do in a forum where one can hide their geeky persona behind the web's opaque veneer.

Sir Wood
06-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Yes. Hence, my choice of exempli gratia ("e.g."), as opposed to id est ("i.e."). A subtle, yet significant, choice when identifying a parenthetical list.

As for all you non technical normal people out there, this exchange is an engineering thing derived from our continuous search for clarity and/or precision. I threw in the latin to impress the girls.....which is a lot easier to do in a forum where one can hide their geeky persona behind the web's opaque veneer.

I believe the numbers of girls that actively participate can be counted on one hand. :blink:
exempli gratia (e.g.) = for example
id est (i.e.) = that is

BTW, I'm studying Mechanical Engineering, but it's going to be a long ways away towards a degree. :eek: