PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year Anniversary

brad
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
It is hard for me to believe, but this site went online 1 year ago next Thursday. In 12 months we have had almost 900 people register with the website and become part of our little community here.

I want to thank everyone for participating and making this such a great website :)

Now, go tell a friend about Lili, show them a video, and we will be on our way to our next 900 members for next year!

garçoncanadien
06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
http://forums.alizeealliance.net/alizee/style_emoticons/default/birthday.gif Happy Birthday www.moi-alizee.us! May next week be a happy week :)

now you heard the man

preach Alizée to the masses :D we want converted souls muahahaha

JCC
06-01-2007, 10:01 AM
THANKs brad for being the brainchild/designer/creator for one of THE best fansites on the web for our Superstar - Alizee Jacotey!

Your website performs an important service for many of us day after day, night after night....you allow us to get our Alizee FIX :D

Here's to the next 12 months!! :D *Raises a glass* ...and when her new album comes out...Get ready for the MADNESS to begin again!

Ernest
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Well this is good feedback were getting bigger and bigger . . . ;)

I'm a newb here and I join here since AF not available that time because of riccardo info . . .:p Thanks riccardo . . .

yeah this is really great site brad and happy anniversary to you to stay and gives more sharings . . . like others

HAPPY "ANNIVERSARY TO THIS FORUM" . . .:)

rcs
06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I thought about this very subject this week as a new thread. But, I couldn't take away your thunder Brad. Afterall, you brought Alizee into our living rooms, bedrooms, or computer rooms...whereever we have our PCs...:p

Congrats Brad! This is "the site" I remain to stay as a member. I do go to the others ocassionally. But, I post here for some reason. Must be the people...:)

Oh, and congrats to Alizee for being the reason for it all. I also celebrate my 1 yr anniversary of discovering her on this very site!...:wub:...I would have been a member the first month (June 2006)...but, I lurked before joining, shhhhhhhhhh. It was my first time to join, post, or chat for anything of this nature...Alizee is powerful!!!

heyamigo
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
nice to see the site doing so well.

btw, i'm celebrating 1 month anniversary of alizee entering my life. :)

Amelie
06-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Oh, brad, thank you so much for this site and forum. i met a lot of awesome people here, i have very very very good friends now...being here gave me a lot of fun and support...when i needed, i always was heard. i'm very happy that you care about me and i care about you too people, i love you! and love you too brad, good luck!

Sir Wood
06-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats Brad and Alizée America on heading towards the big 1 year mark and its continued success! :D

Oh, and congrats to Alizee for being the reason for it all. I also celebrate my 1 yr anniversary of discovering her on this very site!...:wub:...I would have been a member the first month (June 2006)...but, I lurked before joining, shhhhhhhhhh. It was my first time to join, post, or chat for anything of this nature...Alizee is powerful!!!
I think if you were to take a survey of the members that the majority would say that they've been a long time lurker prior to joining up. :p

Rocket
06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Happy Anniversary! When I came here, Alizee's 3rd album was going to come out in November. Then it turned into a Christmas album. December's release became a New Years album. And now here we are in June and still nothing. I must say that I don't think I've ever seen this much devotion over a singer who made only 2 albums over 4 years ago. I still listen to her music every once in a while.

I would like to make a suggestion on your thread only mods are allowed to use: When you post your new information about Lili, please date the post.

RadioactiveMan
06-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Each post has a date in the top left corner, Rocket.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
It is hard for me to believe, but this site went online 1 year ago next Thursday.

Congrats and thanks for all the hard work. I would have missed at least half the stuff on Alizée if it hadn't been for this site.

On the downside I'll probably fail my degree, but we all have to make sacrifices:D

Happy birthday!

brad
06-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I must say that I don't think I've ever seen this much devotion over a singer who made only 2 albums over 4 years ago.

I think about that all the time, it is pretty amazing :)

fsquared
06-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Not to mention that the level of obsession is higher than I've ever seen (and I mean that in the best possible way). E.g, Homer's chronology detailing every public appearance on a day-to-day basis for over 4 years? That's devotion....

nurvonic
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
i have to say my life was pretty boring and routine before i discovered Alizee and this site. after that chance finding of Alizee on the most unlikeliest of sites ever, my day to day happenings changed drastically. i would come on this site everyday, looking at alizee videos, and chatting up a storm on the boards.

thanks to everyone for making this site an awesome place to visit. dispite a few minor altercations;)

SpeedShift
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
I thought this might be an occasion to join the forum and post something up...
I've been an Alizée fan for about 3-4 months now, and I've been lurking around this website for nearly 2 months I think, so...

I'm very excited about her third album, and I'm very impressed that the fans on this site are so dedicated. It must be love. :wub:
But seriously, Alizée has some pretty hardcore fans out there, lots of them in the US. I personally won't be spreading her to the masses since I really don't have any friends (which is sad), and my siblings think that I have a hopeless crush on Alizée (which I probably do... :( ), but it's great that you guys persevere!
It's funny, I hated French singing until I stumbled across Alizée.
So Happy Anniversary to the website and all you guys and girls, and let's hope that Alizée's return will be as explosive as ever! ;)
Now I'll go back into hiding... :cool:

Luc
06-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Congratulations Brad, and thanks for all the work you put into this great site! Thanks also to the forum leaders and all members who contributed in any way. You make this site a great place to visit :)

And welcome to the forum SpeedShift !

brad
06-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the site SpeedShift, glad you decided to register :)

Moe
06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Party time??

lead2gold
06-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Happy Birthday, moi-alizee.us! :D

Party time??

As long as it doesn't include the little pink pills, Moe. ;)

Gatchaman
06-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Brad for all your hard work and for providing us with the site!

nurvonic
06-01-2007, 03:14 PM
lets take some time and acknowledge members who contributed more than a little bit to the site over the past year.

brad - well thats a given
RMJ - for his unstoppable knowledge for anything Alizee
atra201 - for being weird and cooky
Amelie - for her wonderful artwork and sigs
aFrenchie - for his translations and helping us understand french a little more. hope you come back to us Frenchie
garconcanadien - for continuing aFrenchie's task for us and being a great
mod, next to me
DJ_Greg - for his radio show and how sexy his voice can be, to my brother
anyway
CFHollister - for his knowledge for pretty much anything, except for Alizee
cuz he's an Alizee nOOb :p
Radioactiveman - for his like of nothing but metal, but when it comes to
alizee, he's a complete puss
SupaKrupa - for being the most awesome person from down under that i
know of, besides Steve Irwin. RIP Stevy
neoteny - for being the little bitch that he is. and oh, of course his
drawings(for those of you not in the know, this is my brother)
Snatcher42 - for his knowledge for anything alizee, just like his buddy RMJ
Matrix - for creating some thought provoking threads. ie, who would win,
a grizzly bear or a crocadile...or something
Sir Wood - for being old and woody, and awesome in his own right
Moe - for his awesome site, 1alizee.com
Deepwaters - for his knowledge about everything in the world
TurinSZ - well, he doesnt post much, so what the hell does he contribute to anything?
big bird - for his sensativity and always trying to be funny
and me - thats also a given

well thats all i have for now. sorry if i left you out. feel free to add your own little thing:D

but again, thanks to everyone for participating and hope for a great nother year to come!

Drake498
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Its been great becoming part of the community and i dont plan one leaving any time soon... actually i never plan on it :D
This site had been awesome and its the first stop everytime come to the computer, love it :D Greatly appreciated brad ;)

Drake498
06-01-2007, 05:25 PM
:D :D :D Welcome to the site SpeedShift!!! :D :D :D
It's great to have you with us, we are always excited to have new members, everyone on here is usually friendly :p and very helpful ;)
We are glad that you love Alizée as much as most of us do :wub:
And if you're confused :confused: about anything please feel free to ask or post anything, and we'll answer anything as best we can ;)
Hmmm :blink: you should prolly intoduce yourself (or maybe just quote yourself) here :)
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=707http:// (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=707http://)
Thanks for coming and enjoy the videos, boards, pics and chat!! :D

lefty12357
06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Hey Brad, thanks for all the hard work you've done to provide this great site and congratulations on this one year anniversary ! I know if it wasn't here I'd sure miss the hell out of it. Your efforts are much appreciated.

CFHollister
06-01-2007, 06:06 PM
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6026&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=7f7d46a60bff902a56cf55d25020066e
Joyeux Anniversairre, Alizée America!

Congratulations and Thank You, brad, for creating and maintaining one of the best (the best, IMO) Alizée site on the web. The first year has been immensely successful, and here's hoping for many more. I've tried to jump in other Alizée forums but am always missing the feeling of "home" that I have here and with the people here.

PS-Thanks, nurv. I'm flattered :o
PPS-Rocket, nice to see you dropping in on us from time to time ;)

Sir Wood
06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
lets take some time and acknowledge members who contributed more than a little bit to the site over the past year.

aFrenchie - for his translations and helping us understand french a little more. hope you come back to us Frenchie
mod, next to me
anyway
TurinSZ - well, he doesnt post much, so what the hell does he contribute to anything?

well thats all i have for now. sorry if i left you out. feel free to add your own little thing:D

but again, thanks to everyone for participating and hope for a great nother year to come!

Dang Nurvonic you're going to make us all cry... You're an outstanding guy, and keeping us all in check. :p

As I listen to the En Concert CD, I can't imagine what my life would be like without having known Alizée and the many wonderful folks here.

BTW, is it a coincidence that the site came to fruition around June 6th, the date of the landing of Normandy (D-Day)? The Americans and her allies have arrived! Oh rah! :D

Sir Wood
06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Happy Anniversary! When I came here, Alizee's 3rd album was going to come out in November. Then it turned into a Christmas album. December's release became a New Years album. And now here we are in June and still nothing. I must say that I don't think I've ever seen this much devotion over a singer who made only 2 albums over 4 years ago. I still listen to her music every once in a while.

I would like to make a suggestion on your thread only mods are allowed to use: When you post your new information about Lili, please date the post.

Rocket nice to see you back! You're always the voice of reason among us crazed fanatics. We all miss you, but you already know that. ;)

bt_bird_90
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
It's been a great year brad, thank you so much for the community you created here.

Also, special thanks to all those great moderators:

aFrenchie
brad
garçoncanadien
justchil
Moe
nurvonic
RMJ
Snatcher42

Well, thats all i have for now. Sorry if I left you out. Feel free to add your own little thing. :rolleyes:

but to repeat, thank you all for taking part and wish for a fantastic nother revolution around the sun to materialize in the future!

Geech
06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Con-Gratz on the site Brad and /cheer to www.moi-alizee.us

I would like to thank every person that is a member to give me something to read when I have any free time. I may not post much but I sure to read plenty. Thanks All.

Matrix
06-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Has it been a year already, yes it's been a year my join date says June, wow time flies when you a fan of Alizee. congratz Brad! and yes so many have helped this website prosper, from all the french linquists to the very interesting Alizee topics started by all the fans.

When I google Alizee I see this website on the first page, quite an achievement Brad. Awesome job :) Merci for this magnifique Alizee website!

Edcognito
06-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Well - Moi-Alizée is 1/46th my age now! :)

Congrats (and a HUUUGE Thankyou) to Brad - I've looked around - and you have the most intelligently laid out, user friendly site i've seen. LOVE IT!

Happy B-Day & Thanks to all the Mods who keep us in check, and provide some really kewl knowledge/insights/comments.

Happy B-Day & Thanks to AlizéeClochette - For your wonderfull story - Stars 2003 is my very Favorite video!

Happy B-Day & Thanks to all the other members (even the ones who've disagreed with anything i've said!) - You've made me feel very welcome here and made my experience great.

THANKS AND WISHING YOU WERE HERE! - To Alizée!
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Ed:cool:

JCC
06-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey brad...you still accepting donations? I bookmarked this link awhile back.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/billspaypal.php

lefty12357
06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
There's a link now at the top of the page.

Joey_adore_Jung
06-02-2007, 12:30 AM
UMM YAY GOT moi-alizee.us we rock!??? GO TEAM!!

heyamigo
06-02-2007, 12:40 AM
There's a link now at the top of the page.

i didn't even know about that. thanks for bring it up. imo, it should be more visible!

RadioactiveMan
06-02-2007, 01:44 AM

mod, next to me
anyway

Bird - Every time I get shit on by a fucking gull, I think of you.

nurvonic
06-02-2007, 11:38 AM
It's been a great year brad, thank you so much for the community you created here.

Also, special thanks to all those great moderators:

aFrenchie
brad
garçoncanadien
justchil
Moe

RMJ
Snatcher42

Well, thats all i have for now. Sorry if I left you out. Feel free to add your own little thing. :rolleyes:

but to repeat, thank you all for taking part and wish for a fantastic nother revolution around the sun to materialize in the future!

damn bird, so sensative. thats fine, fixed both of our posts ;)

Jess
06-03-2007, 12:50 AM
!Congratulations Alizee America! and thanks Brad, like I said before "your the best" ;) .
Proud to be part of this..............

brad
06-03-2007, 12:54 AM
thanks guys, it is all of you that make the website worth visiting. special thanks to those of you that donated recently.

as always, you don't have to do that, but it is appreciated :)

Joey_adore_Jung
06-03-2007, 12:58 AM
^ well if we don't what else are you going to do with your spare time

rwd716
06-03-2007, 04:36 AM

mod, next to me
anyway

Also, thank you Cooney, C-dawg777, CFHollister, and Guldebrett for the great virtual concert in the Seattle area. Get togethers like those are great for us Alizée fans that live in the same general area. You all were really cool and the cozy French restaurant was great!

SupaKrupa
06-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Seemed like only yesterday that I was up all night watching every single one of the hundreds of videos this site has to show. Thanks to all those involved in keeping this place alive.

Happy Birthday, Alizée America. May there be many more to follow.

CFHollister
06-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Also, thank you Cooney, C-dawg777, CFHollister, and Guldebrett for the great virtual concert in the Seattle area. Get togethers like those are great for us Alizée fans that live in the same general area. You all were really cool and the cozy French restaurant was great!

Speaking of which (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1250), I've been spending a lot of time at that restaurant and with Guldebrett learning the ropes of the audiovisual set up over there. Guldebrett (who has traditionally put on the shows) may, depending on the out-of-state job market, may no longer be around to put on future shows... thus I've been training to be able to put on shows myself.

For anyone who considers themselves within reasonable traveling distance of Tacoma, Washington, USA I hope to put on an Alizée virtual concert at La Crème Brûlée some time either: in the first 3 weeks of July (between my teaching job ending andwhenI go to Europe), or the last 2 weeks of August.

In addition to Alizée, I will have a large array of European entertainment videos at my disposal (nearly 500 gigs worth ;))including several complete Les Enfoirés, Jenifer Fiat Son Live, Lorie, and many individual videos. Not to mention excellent French food and wine.

When I have something definite I'll create a thread with details. If you're interested in attending, you can start PMing me now so I can get an idea of how big a meeting we'll be able to set up and when people might be available...

neoteny
06-03-2007, 03:33 PM
id like to let all of you know that i love this site too! happy anniversary! i joined in august. only two more months til. and just because i dont come on this site as often as i use to does not mean im not watching yous guys. i give this site 2 thumbs and toes way up. admin, i tip my hat off to you guy! WOOHOO!!!! arite...gonna watch some vidoes.

Cooney
06-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Speaking of which (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=1250), I've been spending a lot of time at that restaurant and with Guldebrett learning the ropes of the audiovisual set up over there. Guldebrett (who has traditionally put on the shows) may, depending on the out-of-state job market, may no longer be around to put on future shows... thus I've been training to be able to put on shows myself.

For anyone who considers themselves within reasonable traveling distance of Tacoma, Washington, USA I hope to put on an Alizée virtual concert at La Crème Brûlée some time either: in the first 3 weeks of July (between my teaching job ending andwhenI go to Europe), or the last 2 weeks of August.

In addition to Alizée, I will have a large array of European entertainment videos at my disposal (nearly 500 gigs worth ;))including several complete Les Enfoirés, Jenifer Fiat Son Live, Lorie, and many individual videos. Not to mention excellent French food and wine.

When I have something definite I'll create a thread with details. If you're interested in attending, you can start PMing me now so I can get an idea of how big a meeting we'll be able to set up and when people might be available...

Keep me informed :-) If I know at least a week in advance, I should be able to be there!

Also, for what it's worth, I have the following DVD's that I would be happy to put at our disposal for concert purposes:

Alizée: En Concert
Mylène Farmer: Live at Bercy 2006
Lorie: Live Tour 2006
Les Enfoires: 2001 and 2002

CFHollister
06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Keep me informed :-) If I know at least a week in advance, I should be able to be there!

Also, for what it's worth, I have the following DVD's that I would be happy to put at our disposal for concert purposes:

Alizée: En Concert
Mylène Farmer: Live at Bercy 2006
Lorie: Live Tour 2006
Les Enfoires: 2001 and 2002

Cool. I think we have all of those except Mylène already. In fact, La Crème Brûlée has virtual concerts about once a season anyway just as one of the things Guldebrett and Bertrand have done. Lorie Live Tour 2006 (I think that's one that's planned) is already scheduled for this summer as it is. Any other locals that might be interested in that (I mean, hey, just another excuse for al of Lili fans to get together and enjoy fine French food, wine and entertainment) I can also keep you up to date on those events (the winter concert content is also already decided).

Just to make all this more relevent to all of you who won't be able to come to our local meetings, I just want to say that actually getting together and meeting Lili fans in person has been a lot of fun and in many ways the relationships have really paid off on so many levels. I highly suggest trying to meet other fans in your area if you can... get to gether for a beer or French wine;) or something, watch some Lili videos and talk about why you love Lili so much. It can be a lot of fun! It's an opportunity I would have never had before joining 6 months ago and it's just one more reason to celebrate the awsome site brad has created for us on its one year anniversary:D

atra201
06-11-2007, 12:54 PM
happy anniversary brad and every body
i met great people here ,the best

atra201
06-11-2007, 01:00 PM

mod, next to me
anyway

when was i cooky?:confused: (our no.1 motto :D )