PDA

View Full Version : New Alizée fan DVD

Jess
06-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't mean any disrespect to those that have already made an Alizee DVD. I have nothing but praise for those that have taken the time and put in all that work into these DVDs. I also want to thank RMJ for uploading some of them to Moe's website at OneAlizee. Unfortunately I have not been able to view these on my Tv (some kind of compatibility problem). So with the need to view Alizee on my big screen Tv in SRS, I have decided to make my own copy. I'm posting this to find out if anyone else would like a copy or if I should just keep it to my self. I say this because I know some of you already have Alizee DVDs. I personally would accept Alizee anything since I'm a big fan, I just can't get enough. I'm also accepting suggestions, requests, and any comments that you might have. This presentation is still a job in progress, keep in mind that the file you are downloading is a compressed screen shot, converted into mp4. As soon as I'm done I will send or upload the actual files to Moe for his approval. If he accepts, you will be able to download this DVD from his website. I think this DVD is a great way to celebrate "Alizee America's Anniversary". ;)

:cool: http://rapidshare.com/files/34884316/Alizee_DVD_Screen_Shot.mp4.html

Luc
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Very nice you're making a new compilation DVD. I'm always interested, I can't get enough either :)

RMJ
06-02-2007, 06:43 PM
The reason why you can't watch those is maybe because they are in PAL format. Your DVD player needs to convert it to NTSC, since that's what mot American TVs uses. NTSC has lower resolution than PAL so those TVs rarely supports PAL (in Euro TVs both are usually supported since it doesn't need any modifications to TV, since PAL has higher resolution, NTSC can be shown on it by simply ignoring the missing lines).

But there's atleast one or two DVDs that are in NTSC format. Corsica avec Alizée and that Spanish fan DVD which name I dun remember right now.

CFHollister
06-02-2007, 07:03 PM
When it's completed I think Homer's video history DVDs will be the ultimate fan DVD collection. We only have part one so far, but it is just awsome, esp. the intro.

(thanks, lowbeam ;))

Jess
06-03-2007, 12:59 AM
The reason why you can't watch those is maybe because they are in PAL format. Your DVD player needs to convert it to NTSC, since that's what mot American TVs uses. NTSC has lower resolution than PAL so those TVs rarely supports PAL (in Euro TVs both are usually supported since it doesn't need any modifications to TV, since PAL has higher resolution, NTSC can be shown on it by simply ignoring the missing lines).

But there's atleast one or two DVDs that are in NTSC format. Corsica avec Alizée and that Spanish fan DVD which name I dun remember right now.

Thanks for your input RMJ, as always I appreciate your help......... ;)

Sir Wood
06-03-2007, 04:08 AM
So what players are folks using to view .mp4 formats? I previously had VLC but my new system doesn't like it. Every time I tried clicking a video link in IE7 nothing plays/streams in WMP11, so I would actually have to download first in order to view. BTW, my OS is Vista (please no comments pretaining to: go back to XP, switch to Apple or Linux). Thanks!

Jess
06-03-2007, 10:54 AM
So what players are folks using to view .mp4 formats? I previously had VLC but my new system doesn't like it. Every time I tried clicking a video link in IE7 nothing plays/streams in WMP11, so I would actually have to download first in order to view. BTW, my OS is Vista (please no comments pretaining to: go back to XP, switch to Apple or Linux). Thanks!

Sir Wood, here's a link to freewares for Vista, hope you find what you need there.....http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/download-mp4-player-software.html

For Mac users here's where I get a lot of stuff....... http://www.freemacware.com/category/general/