PDA

View Full Version : My teeth cleaning, and my DVD arrival date

fsquared
06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I went to get my teeth cleaned today. For the first time, I brought my mp3 player, loaded with my new CD acquisitions (Gourmandises came this week too, whee). Disaster nearly struck when my battery went dead after 5 minutes, but the hygienist very generously gave me a new AAA battery (free of charge, even!).

I figure I must have made it to a certain level of fanhood when I get notice of an appointment with the dentist and my first response is "whoo hoo, a whole hour to listen to MCE and Gourmandises!"

Then I checked on my En Concert DVD order at amazon.fr. I bought from a 3rd party seller 2 weeks ago and chose "livraison standard" (which, for amazon.fr orders, was supposed to translate 10-12 days to the US). Then I checked the window on my order, and it said "June 22 - Aug. 13". AAAARGGHHH.....hopefully it'll be sooner than that, though it is with a mix of anticipation and trepidation that await it, as there have been amply documented warnings of its addictive qualities.

painbringer
06-08-2007, 01:11 AM
What the????

LOL

RadioactiveMan
06-08-2007, 02:08 AM
I was supposed to get my teeth cleaned but missed the appointment. I have to reschedule, but it at this rate it'll be a few more months before I bother.

However, I did get superglue on my fingers today. Does that count?

nurvonic
06-08-2007, 02:12 AM
lol i love weird threads like these.

almost makes me want to go on a deleting binge:D

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Well I got my dvd yesterday(:D ), but didn't get my teeth cleaned.

My hands have remained glue free for several days.

My batteries are okay, but a lightbulb needs changing.

OGRE
06-08-2007, 02:32 AM
I took a bath.

You never know when you might run into Alizée, and you sure wouldn't want to stink when you do.

thats amazazazing
06-08-2007, 03:34 AM
interesting

aLeCkZ
06-08-2007, 03:35 AM
well i lost my cell phone somewhere in baja, ive been calling but nobody answers, and there's no yogurt at home !!! What to do !!!

JCC
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I went to the restroom right before an interview for an internship, and in the restroom the zipper on my slacks broke!! So ya, my fly was wide open. I tried my best to keep my hands near the busted zipper, but couldn't avoid the introductory handshake....so that sealed my fate. Needless to say, i didn't get the internship :mad:

Just adding my 2-cents to the weirdness :p

RadioactiveMan
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I got my dvd yesterday(:D ), but didn't get my teeth cleaned.

My hands have remained glue free for several days.

My batteries are okay, but a lightbulb needs changing.

Huh. I think that I need to change light bulbs too because some rooms are darker than normal. I'd have to get back to you guys on that one. Congratulations on the glue.

chelsey
06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I was gunna say the same thing...what the??

fsquared
06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I find the reactions to this thread a bit strange....I had two reasonably on-topic (at least for the "Off Topic" forum) points, one being an ostensibly humorous comment regarding the kind of fan I'd become when a teeth cleaning becomes, in my mind, an opportunity to blast Alizée, and one about how I'm impatient about my DVD shipping, like, sea mail, from France.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
I find the reactions to this thread a bit strange....I had two reasonably on-topic (at least for the "Off Topic" forum) points, one being an ostensibly humorous comment regarding the kind of fan I'd become when a teeth cleaning becomes, in my mind, an opportunity to blast Alizée, and one about how I'm impatient about my DVD shipping, like, sea mail, from France.

I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to mention something 'Alizée' within five words of opening a thread or you are classed as a 'non-believer' who should be burnt at the stake.

"My teeth cleaning, and my......." .................BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!!!:eek:

I think 'they' explain all this after 1,000 posts:confused: :blink:

fsquared
06-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I think there is an unwritten rule that you have to mention something 'Alizée' within five words of opening a thread or you are classed as a 'non-believer' who should be burnt at the stake.

"My teeth cleaning, and my......." .................BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!!!:eek:

I think 'they' explain all this after 1,000 posts:confused: :blink:

I guess I didn't call my player the "poor man's Lilipod" or anything but I did say that I just loaded it up with my new CD acquisitions (i.e., MCE and Gourmandises).

OGRE
06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I need to change light bulbs too because some rooms are darker than normal.

Whoa....what's this....you're supposed to CHANGE them?:confused:

RadioactiveMan
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
It's not a necessity. You can, if you like, simply feel your way around your house. At high speeds, the reward far outweighs the danger.

lissa15
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
umm wat random things i never knew n.e 1 2 say such random things but i guess i,ll play along... im in high school and it suks. :( and my old math teacher is odd we ever i wud ask him a question he'd get mad :mad: and slam his hand on the desk me &my friend wud make fun of him and take turns ask'n questions just to make him mad:p good thing im out of his class

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Whoa....what's this....you're supposed to CHANGE them?:confused:

Have you tried the lightswitch?

I'm getting worried you lot are aliens.:D

If you do have to change it, change it for a working lightbulb - not a banana or a kitten. They just don't work.

OGRE
06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Have you tried the lightswitch?

I changed the light switch.