PDA

View Full Version : [this is old info] She's baaaack! New photo

Matrix
08-03-2006, 03:46 AM
New song coming out next month! New album at end of year!

"Scoop ! C'est confirmé : ALIZEE a quitté Mylène Farmer et avec elle sa maison de disque, POLYDOR.
En revanche, elle n'a finalement pas travaillé avec Nicolas Sirkis (Leader du groupe Indochine),
contrairement à ce que celui-ci avait annoncé il y a quelques mois.
Le papa de son enfant, JEREMY CHÂTELAIN, aurait écrit les musiques de son nouvel album,
avec six ou sept textes de JEAN FAUQUE (Bashung, Romane Serda, Jérémy Châtelain).
Un premier single devrait sortir en septembre et l'album en fin d'année.
Il semblerait que ce ne soit pas chez UNIVERSAL où le dernier album de JEREMY semble déjà enterré."

All this is from this website: http://fanadalizee.skyblog.com/

dvtq
08-03-2006, 04:18 AM
can soneone translate this .

Impurator
08-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Scoop! It's confirmed : ALIZEE has split with Mylène Farmer and with her record label, POLYDOR. On the other hand, she has not ultimately ("in the end") worked with Nicolas Sirkas (Leader of the group Indochine), contrary to what we ("this one") had announced a few months ago.
Her baby's daddy, JEREMY CHÂTELAIN, has written the music of her new album, with six or seven texts (lyrics?) from JEAN FAUQUE (Bashung, Romane Serda, Jérémy Châtelain). A first single should be released in september, and the album at the end of the year.

I'm having a lot of problems with the last line. My best guess is "It seems that it (the album) is not with UNIVERSAL, where JEREMY's last album has already been forgotten/discarded." The last word, "enterré," means bury in a literal sense, and implies a scandal to be covered up or to wash one's hands of. I'm assuming his last album was a disaster of some sort?

Seems to be confirmation of the rumors we've been hearing, though the publication admits to being wrong about such "facts" in the past... :rolleyes: :)

Maybe aFrenchie can come clear up the things I've translated poorly :D

dvtq
08-03-2006, 06:03 AM
thank :) , so we will have the single in september :) ,nice

Impurator
08-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Ah, I looked at that site that you linked and they state that the site "Tinkalizée" has reported that her new record label is "Warner." Do they perhaps mean Warner Music Group (http://www.wmg.com/)?

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Impurator, your translation is veerrrrry good :)
Some tips if you want to improve (my English tries may be bad but at least you'll get the idea):

"ALIZEE has split with Mylène Farmer and along with her, her record label, POLYDOR."
(if "along with her" isn't good, just say "at the same time". it's the idea...)

"ultimately ("in the end")"
I would have simply used "finally" that is close to "finalement"

"contrary to what we ("this one") had announced a few months ago."
Mistake there:
"celui-ci" (literally "this one" indeed) is for Nicolas Sirkis not the authors of the news. It's a way to avoid repeating his name in the same sentence.

"JEREMY CHÂTELAIN, has written the music"
"aurait écrit" is conditional. I'd say: "would have written" but maybe it's not good in English. I'd try: "it's said that JC has written..."

Last line: yes, you can use "forgotten" (but not discarded). The real expression is even longer: "mort et enterré": "dead and buried" -> now it's really dead, no need to talk about that anymore...

Btw, is that really news? I'm sure I've read this on many Alizée websites already?

brad
08-03-2006, 08:42 AM
i dont think that is a new picture ... i might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is from 2003

Impurator
08-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks aFrenchie :) Those four semester of French class paid off after all!

I'm going to explain some of my word choices in English since from what I gather, you're partly here to improve your English (which is quite good by the way, many native speakers don't do as well as you do). My disclaimer is that while I've got a thorough background in proper English, I'm no professor and I speak American English, so some things may not apply to British English, for instance. Maybe we can find a British person to help with that part ;)

I was originally going to use "finally" for "finalement," and actually it caused me to grab my dictionary when I first translated this line (I only knew the word "finally" for "finalement"), because it would be awkward to say "finally" here. When observing a conclusion, you would say "in the end, he picked.." or "ultimately, the blue team won," but would not say "finally, he picked..." unless you wanted to imply that he was taking a very long time, or the narrator was becoming impatient with him. "Finally, the blue team won" is a bit more neutral, but it still implies that the blue team winning was inevitable or, again, impatience on the part of the narrator. Since I didn't want to imply impatience, I went with ultimately (fewer words!)

For "aurait écrit", you are correct that "would have written" wouldn't be very clear (this phrase confused me because I don't know conditionals very well yet). If I were to say that he "would have written the music," it implies that he didn't write the music, and is usually followed by an explanation such as "but his wrist was cramping!" Your suggestion of "It's said that JC has written..." is probably the best way to say it, or perhaps "Supposedly, JC has written..."

Skipping back to the first line, I have actually done a bad thing in English, regardless of translation - Oops! As I have written it, MF is Alizée's mentor, and Alizée has split with MF's label, Polydor. Now, Polydor may be MF's label, I don't know. However, it is meant to say Alizée has split with Alizée's label. To write the sentence properly (not ambiguous) in English it has to be rearranged into "Alizée has split with her record label, Polydor, as well as with Mylène Farmer." That way it is certain who is being talked about in "her record label, Polydor." - it can only be Alizée. I should point out that this is the sort of rule that is broken very, very often by native speakers here in the US, and most americans wouldn't even notice if it was broken ;) A magazine editor or English professor would find it immediately, though.

I've got some questions back for you - for "celui-ci", how do I know who "this one" refers to? Does it refer to Nicolas because it follows his name in the sentence (the same rule that I described in the previous paragraph)?

For the last line, could I say "where Jeremy's album is already dead and buried" even though it only says "enterré"? This would be a much more descriptive choice than simply "forgotten" in English, since "forgotten" is somewhat broad, but "dead and buried" means the same as "mort et enterré" does in French and I think this may be a more appropriate translation.

Thanks again for the tips, they are indispensible :)

(The news posting on Skyblog de fanadalizee is dated July 9th, so this is a bit dated, yes.)

Oh yes, would anyone prefer I not rattle on in the forum space about translation stuff like I just did? I realize it's somewhat off-topic!

nurvonic
08-03-2006, 10:03 AM
lol you and aFrenchie need to get together and write a book about french and english translations

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the clarifications Impurator! I knew my tries (attempts?) would be lame here and there. I warned you before I start ;) . That's why I tried to give the idea above all.

Those four semester of French class paid off after all!
Sure they did. I would have thought you had more.

MF is Alizée's mentor, and Alizée has split with MF's label, Polydor.
"Alizée has split with her record label, Polydor, as well as with Mylène Farmer."
Except that it's the way around :) :
"Alizée has split with Mylène Farmer, and thus with her record label as well."

for "celui-ci", how do I know who "this one" refers to? Does it refer to Nicolas because it follows his name in the sentence
Yes, it must be right after, like "the one (guy) we just mentioned". Also used, as often as "celui-ci": "ce dernier"

For the last line, could I say "where Jeremy's album is already dead and buried" even though it only says "enterré"?
If it's not weird in English, then yes, sure!

Impurator
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Ah hah, it was talking about Mylène's record label after all - oops again... hehe.

Also oops on not putting the 's' at the end of "semesters" :D

riva2model64
08-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm sure it's been said before, but you guy's English is great! You can speak with pride, as it sounds good. I suck at learning languages other than my own.

And thanks for the translations, we English speakers appreciate heavily.

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm sure it's been said before, but you guy's English is great! You can speak with pride, as it sounds good. I suck at learning languages other than my own.
Except that you would NOT want to hear me speak English or even try to speak it with me :D :D
I mean reading and writing it is one thing. But I'm sure my pronunciation is horrible (at least, it would recall you Alizée for the accent :) ) and I would have to tell you all the time "What did you say? Please slower!" :)

brad
08-03-2006, 10:52 AM
i know what you mean frenchie .. my favorite two words in spanish are ...

'no entiendo'

I can read / understand people talking in spanish fairly well (I will get the meaning of what they are saying) ... but it is really hard for me to translate my thoughts into spanish. even when it comes to writing it, I have a hard time.

I think your english is very good. I mean you make small mistakes here and there, but it really isnt any worse than common mistakes people make on internet forums all the time.

Impurator
08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I actually worked on a project with several folks from Paris a while back when I was doing consulting work... they were much, much easier to understand than the Indian men and women. There was still an incident where I was told to prefix a bunch of words with word "the" and I thought I was being asked to put the letter "z" in front of them, but that was about it :D

Brianh
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I believe you are right, that pic is old. I have seen so many times before on other sites. The news is pretty much the same as well, but hey news is news. I havn't gone to the site yet about the Warner information so that there is new to me

Impurator
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I looked at the Tinkalizée site, figuring I may as well while I'm in "French mode," and they say, basically, "Our source indicates that Alizée was in talks with Werner last month," so this is far from official. It also says that the single is done and ready for release, and those that have heard it say it is "excellent." I know I'm stoked. I also want to find a way to sneak an early copy before September!

C-4
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Thank you to one and all for the translation. While I certainly appreciate the two of you being very specific and discussing your two translations, it is most appreciated that due to both of you, I got the "jist" or basic meaning of the translation from you both.
Oh how I wish I knew how to read, write, and converse in French!
Merci!

aditya8617
08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Well so we will see her in September, finally. Good translation job both of u. But the pic doesn't seem new to me.

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I actually worked on a project with several folks from Paris a while back when I was doing consulting work... they were much, much easier to understand than the Indian men and women. There was still an incident where I was told to prefix a bunch of words with word "the" and I thought I was being asked to put the letter "z" in front of them, but that was about it :D
The "th" sound is a pain for all non English speaking people. I guess only the English use the tongue under the teeth and you can imagine how the first English classes are hilarious when we have to learn that! :D
Although, you'd surely have problem with many French tricks. Especially the "r' but not only. Our "u" sound for example doesn't exist in English, or even the "é" in Alizée (it's not "ay"!) but this one is easier though...

aFrenchie
08-03-2006, 03:33 PM
It's hard to find a good "u" example in Alizée songs because of the music in the backgraound. Although try these in "A Contre Courant" http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=18

Line 1 in "Nos univers"
Line 8 in "Nos fusions"

Still, we barely hear them exactly.

Ben
08-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Um yeah, guys, that picture is from her September 2003 appearance on Hit Machine:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=270

And the text is from a Platine article posted and translated on AF several weeks ago:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/ptopic,662065.html#662065
http://www.alizee-forum.com/ptopic,663315.html#663315

It's great news, but not exactly official... yet.

Matrix
08-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Her official website should be opening up soon, yes? Gif is old, ah bummer, thanks snatcher42 and Brad for clearing that up, i thought i had a new gif of her. Everyone, make sure you click on this website every day to check to see if its back online.

http://www.moi-alizee.com/

Spartan500
08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
hey matrix if it makes you feel any better I didn't see it yet

brad
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Everyone, make sure you click on this website every day to check to see if its back online.

i wouldn't worry about us not finding out her website is online :p

dvtq
08-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Her official website should be opening up soon, yes? Gif is old, ah bummer, thanks snatcher42 and Brad for clearing that up, i thought i had a new gif of her. Everyone, make sure you click on this website every day to check to see if its back online.

Is she owner of this site ??? :) , i check it everyweek :D

Ben
08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Is she owner of this site ??? :)
Nope, it's owned by Laurent/Requiem Publishing, so if this is all true her site will probably come back up at a different address.

brad
08-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Is she owner of this site ??? :) , i check it everyweek :D

yes, that use to be her official website. you can check out what it use to look like here ...

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://moi-alizee.com

dvtq
08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
i know that is her offical site, Brad , but i want to know is she the owner and manage it ( domain , server ...... ). If it as what snatcher said , i think we will see nothing on that site . Maybe she will buy it in future , or maybe she will choose this site to be her offical site :D.

aditya8617
08-03-2006, 10:47 PM
lol, do u really think she has time to manage a website dvtq.

DJ_Greg
08-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, www.alizee.com doesn't exist, so maybe that'll be the new address.

dvtq
08-03-2006, 11:46 PM
lol, do u really think she has time to manage a website dvtq.
she can have someone help her about that , ofcourse i know she doesnt have time for that . LOL . I mean that website belong to her or not .

Fèvier
02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
http://6a.img.v4.skyrock.net/6ab/fanadalizee/pics/566357919.jpg

Cool! Never seen that picture before!

severianb
02-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Thank you for necromancing this, Fevier! Beach-Alizee FTW.

Fèvier
02-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Thank you for necromancing this, Fevier! Beach-Alizee FTW.

'tis what i do best ;)

Un-rêve
02-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Here's another Laetitia took with Alizée on the beach en Corse..

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4373/laetitiaalizeencorse.jpg

and the original
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4373/laetitiaalizeencorse.jpg

User22
02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
and the original
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4373/laetitiaalizeencorse.jpg

Hey thanks for bumping this! Never seen it :)

severianb
02-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Who is this? A friend of Alizée? Or someone who just hangs out on the beach in Corsica getting photos? ;)

Merci Alizée
02-13-2011, 03:18 AM
Who is this? Or someone who just hangs out on the beach in Corsica getting photos? ;)

Exactly that. ;)

User22
02-14-2011, 09:49 AM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4373/laetitiaalizeencorse.jpg

Is this one of Alizee's friends? Or someone just randomly hanging out on a beach when Alizee was there?