PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is ...

brad
08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
DJ_Greg is our 100th member .. someone should send him a prize... lol

Thanks to everyone who took the time to register. Spread the word.

DJ_Greg
08-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Hahaha, wow. I have the most random luck.

I'm gonna have to change my user title to commemorate that.

aditya8617
08-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Welcome Greg, Congrats on being the 100th member!

DJ_Greg
08-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks!

Haha, the funny thing is...I already don't like my username. I can't ever think of a good one. Oh well.

nurvonic
08-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey! welcome aboard Greg and congrats on being the 100th Alizee America member. I dont see anything wrong with your name. It sounds like ur a DJ and u scratch some records up

C-4
08-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Welcome Greg!

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey! welcome aboard Greg and congrats on being the 100th Alizee America member. I dont see anything wrong with your name. It sounds like ur a DJ and u scratch some records up

Well, I am...but not that kind. I have a weekly radio show in central NJ. Alizee doesn't fit my show's genre at all (mostly American and British modern rock/indie), but I still started playing some of her songs recently. I think they were "A Contre-Courant" and "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans." I'm in the middle of a three-week break of it, but I should be back August 18.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

brad
08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, I am...but not that kind. I have a weekly radio show in central NJ. Alizee doesn't fit my show's genre at all (mostly American and British modern rock/indie), but I still started playing some of her songs recently. I think they were "A Contre-Courant" and "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans." I'm in the middle of a three-week break of it, but I should be back August 18.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

hey thats pretty cool .. maybe you can 'accidently' shout out the url for the website ... lol

i just realized I would make a horrible radio host. i would just plaly Alizee over and over ... then I would probably spend 30 mins after each song explaining how much i liked it, lol

bozieboz
08-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Welcome Greg!!

Hold on a sec.... I'm looking around here and am realizing that I may be the old fart of the group. Look at all of you youngsters!

Anyone else here my age or should I change my username to DirtyOldMan??

-Boz

brad
08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Welcome Greg!!

Hold on a sec.... I'm looking around here and am realizing that I may be the old fart of the group. Look at all of you youngsters!

Anyone else here my age or should I change my username to DirtyOldMan??

-Boz

you make me feel a lot better for being such a big fan :) i thought i was a little too old, but you are 10 years older than me :D

don't worry about it ... i am convinced alizee is an angel, impossible to resist.

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Haha, Brad...that first week I had her songs, that's exactly what I wanted to do. I even told my listeners, "If no one calls in to request songs, I'm just gonna keep playing this French music for the next two hours." I didn't end up doing it, but it took a lot of effort to limit myself to two.

Normally I record all my shows, but we happened to have a major storm in the area that week, which knocked out the power to my computer (where I was recording the show). So I only recorded the first 15 minutes. :(

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 11:39 AM
you make me feel a lot better for being such a big fan :) i thought i was a little too old, but you are 10 years older than me :D

don't worry about it ... i am convinced alizee is an angel, impossible to resist.

Yeah, seriously... The people I've been introducing to Alizee keep saying she's "too young," but she's only 3 yrs younger than me. Of course, she's 18-19 in most of the videos we have, but whatever.

cybersoil
08-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah, seriously... The people I've been introducing to Alizee keep saying she's "too young...

One quick viewing of J'en ai Marre (France Gall version) settles that argument real fast! I know, I've done it.

-Cybersoil

brad
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah, seriously... The people I've been introducing to Alizee keep saying she's "too young," but she's only 3 yrs younger than me. Of course, she's 18-19 in most of the videos we have, but whatever.

yeah i find myself not wanting to upload some of her younger videos ... but I got over that pretty quick (as you can see). it's hard to believe for a lot of people, but I really don't look at her 'that way' ... don't get me wrong, she is very attractive (and that is part of it) .. but personally, for me it is something different .. i can't explain it really.

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
No, I know what you mean.

What's this "France Gall version" of J'en Ai Marre?

brad
08-04-2006, 12:05 PM
i think he is talking about this one ...

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11

bozieboz
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
you make me feel a lot better for being such a big fan i thought i was a little too old, but you are 10 years older than me

You guys are not making me feel any better!!!

*grins*

-Boz

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Haha...well, my friends are stupid. So don't feel bad.

C-4
08-04-2006, 02:04 PM
yeah i find myself not wanting to upload some of her younger videos ... but I got over that pretty quick (as you can see). it's hard to believe for a lot of people, but I really don't look at her 'that way' ... don't get me wrong, she is very attractive (and that is part of it) .. but personally, for me it is something different .. i can't explain it really.

Certainly her looks to me are simply stunning. In comparison to other singers, Alizee makes them all look like marines. She has an innocense about her and a sweetness that you don't find in many artists today, and from previous years as well. She has the talent, the voice, the figure, her eyes, and her smile draw you right in, just the entire package. When you add all of this together it becomes what has been described as the "X Factor". You cannot put your finger on it exactly, and you are drawn in by the woman, the presentation, her personality and the music all at the same time.

How do the French say it " j'en a se qua" (sp?) "That certain something."

That's how I would describe it anyway.
Stephen

DJ_Greg
08-04-2006, 02:47 PM
She has the talent, the voice, the figure, her eyes, and her smile draw you right in, just the entire package.

I'm telling ya...tractor beams. ;)

aditya8617
08-04-2006, 09:01 PM

Hey Brad we are in the same boat :)

nurvonic
08-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Alizee makes them all look like marines.

Stephen

lol thats for damn sure. but there are alot marine females here that look like freakin supermodels, nothing compared to alizee of course. i shoulda joined the marines! navy girls are ugly, except for a precious few

aditya8617
08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
lol thats for damn sure. but there are alot marine females here that look like freakin supermodels, nothing compared to alizee of course. i shoulda joined the marines! navy girls are ugly, except for a precious few

Sad for you, I am in university right now and no shortage of nice looking gals, but gosh no one matches Alizee at all, I guess need to go to Ajaccio to find someone that stunning:rolleyes: .

cybersoil
08-04-2006, 10:43 PM

It's exactly the same for me, I don't look at her in a sexual way either even though I'm not blind and can see that see is no doubt (to me) the (real) sexiest woman who has ever lived. When it comes to Alizee there's something different about her, it's hard to describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it. She doesn't even have to try and be sexy, she just naturally is. But... that being said, I love every bit of Alizee, from her baby pic (she's was so cute) to her 15 year old appearance on "Graines de Star" to her 18 year old perfomance or J'en ai Marre.

When people see me getting excited about watching her videos and say something like, "She's young" I say, "Yeah... isn't she great?" I don't care what they think, whether she's 15 or 21, to me she's ALIZEE... and that's all that matters.

For me, Alizee will probably always be the hottest of the hot, even when she's 60 years old. I really mean that and am not just saying it. Whatever that special something is, she was obviously blessed and has it in abundance.

I was in both the Army (1980 (Ft. Bragg, NC) and 1982-83 (Vicenza, Italy)) and then the Marine Corps (1984 - 1988 (Camp LeJeune, NC)) and can tell you unequivocally that those 2 services are full of ugly women also. But of course, a few were pretty. You should have went into the Air Force...now they have all the babes or at least had them when I was in the service.

-Cybersoil

nurvonic
08-04-2006, 11:27 PM
well i dont know what happened in the 18 years since u were in the marine corps, but i was going through field med at camp johnson (about 2 or 3 miles from camp lejuene)and about 50% of the marine females looked like those chicks in the miss universe contest. 25% looked ok, the other 25% looked like frekkin gonzo. anyway....back to alizee. yeah i dunno what it is either. i dont see alizee in a sexual way and she is perhaps the most beautiful, most sexiest woman on the earth.

cybersoil
08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
...but i was going through field med at camp johnson (about 2 or 3 miles from camp lejuene) and about 50% of the marine females looked like those chicks in the miss universe contest...

You must have hit a sweet spot.

-Cybersoil

rcs
08-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Alizee is the kind of girl you take home to mamma. Papa would be proud too especially once he saw how talented she can be. The trouble is finding an Alizee equivalent which is damn near impossible. No Alizee lives on my street or any other that I lived on. She is a real gem.:cool:

cybersoil
08-05-2006, 02:26 PM
She is definately unique!

In the past I've heard of a few other Alizee types but they're extremely rare. Hmmm... lets see.

There was:

• Helen of Troy

• Cleopatra

• Joan of Arc

• Now, Alizee

Yep, that's about it.

-Cybersoil

Matrix
08-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I have heard of others comparing Alizee to Joan of Arc... agreed... maybe Alizee reincarnated the actual Joan of Arc!

aditya8617
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I have heard of others comparing Alizee to Joan of Arc... agreed... maybe Alizee reincarnated the actual Joan of Arc!

Better not, Joan of Arc died young, we don't want that to happen to Alizee.

@Cybersoil, only French have produced stunning class in the last two milleniums. :eek:

Spartan500
08-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Better not, Joan of Arc died young, we don't want that to happen to Alizee.

@Cybersoil, only French have produced stunning class in the last two milleniums. :eek:
yeah that would definitly be the end of the world if Alizee died young so lets not mention I almost want to type lol for how weird I must sound

rcs
08-06-2006, 04:00 AM
:eek: I'm with Spartan 500. Think Happy Thoughts...Happy Thoughts.

DJ_Greg
08-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Man, this is what my welcome thread turned into?

Not a good sign...

nurvonic
08-08-2006, 02:37 PM
ok whoever mentioned alizee dying needs to be shot. im not gonna name any names...ADITYA! what a horrible thing to bring up. i just thought about a world without alizee and got really really depressed. la isla bonita la isla bonita la isla bonita...aww feels better

cybersoil
08-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey... quit having a NURVONIC breakdown.

If I had to die, I would love to die in her arms. How about you?

Spartan500
08-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey... quit having a NURVONIC breakdown.

If I had to die, I would love to die in her arms. How about you?
I'm with you cubersoil but then she would have to spend a lot on therapy

RadioactiveMan
08-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm with you cubersoil but then she would have to spend a lot on therapy
Not if she doesn't like you. :p
Of course the thought of Alizee not liking any of us is a bad one as well, isn't it?

Shep
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I think Alizée is the kind of person who likes everyone. Like a really really hot Mother Teresa.

Impurator
08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I'd like to contribute to derailing the thread ( :o ) by mentioning that the only woman who has come even close to infatuating me the way Alizée has is/was Audrey Hepburn. I think perhaps a large part of it is the wonderful amount of class both present/presented. Especially as Americans I think we find a classy person uncommon at the least since our culture doesn't seem all that classy nowadays. Add to that the fact that Alizée behaves like someone who wants to live life first, and do her work on the side, which is another extremely uncommon view in the US, where most of us feel compelled to define our lives by our jobs. I think she's just very different from the norm here, and all these differences are in a positive direction. Audrey was much the same way, but she didn't have the same range of facial expressions (Alizée has a very expressive face obviously) and I think that just puts Alizée way over the top because she broadcasts to us how she is feeling so clearly and it makes you feel more personal with her.

I know all I have to do when I'm glum is put on some of her videos and before long I'm smiling with her. She just has a sort of weird empathy that broadcasts very well over a video. I can only imagine how powerful it must be in person!

Shep
08-08-2006, 05:25 PM
You aren't the only one to compare Alizée to Audrey. Audrey had a charm about her but I believe, as well do most, Ali surpasses Audrey exponentially in many aspects. Must be the Frenchness.

cybersoil
08-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Yep, Alizee is uncommonly unique. Nuff said.

aditya8617
08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Yea quit having a Nurvonic Breakdown :D as cybersoil said.

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 02:31 AM
how about kiss my fucking ass. that was meant to be a joke but cybersoil and all his wisdom thought i was serious?

RadioactiveMan
08-09-2006, 02:46 AM
I highly doubt that Cybersoil and Aditya meant anything sinister when they said what they did. We're all friends around here, aren't we?

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
how about kiss my fucking ass. that was meant to be a joke but cybersoil and all his wisdom thought i was serious?

No I didn't, I was joking too. You have to admit your handle (name) Nurvonic and Nervous sound quite similar. I thought it was quite funny but I don't know why you want to kiss my fucking ass. I told you (and Alizee, for that matter) that I'm not gay. Please note that my ass has an exit hatch only, can you say the same? Apparently not, if what you say above is true about your fucking ass. :D

Now don't have a heart attack, that was also a joke.

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 03:21 AM
lol I'm starting to forget the purpose of this thread lol but then again topics don't matter to much lol don't take offense greg

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 03:35 AM
No I didn't, I was joking too. You have to admit your handle (name) Nurvonic and Nervous sound quite similar. I thought it was quite funny but I don't know why you want to kiss my fucking ass. I told you (and Alizee, for that matter) that I'm not gay. Please note that my ass has an exit hatch only, can you say the same? Apparently not, if what you say above is true about your fucking ass. :D

Now don't have a heart attack, that was also a joke.

-Cybersoil

i was talking about u kissing my ass, not the other way around. and when did i say u were gay? i didnt say anything about u being gay or participating in any gay acts or anything. nobody wants to hear how straight u are anymore. u made ur point that u dont smoke man pole

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 03:40 AM
lol nurvonic I was just about to correct cubersoil on the part about him kissing your ass in my last poll

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 03:50 AM
yeah he'll have another smartass thing to say about my above post and expect me to think its funny. heres something funny, the handle "cybersoil" sounds like something shit on the internet. are u shit on the internet cybersoil? exit only right? ;)

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 03:53 AM
lol I'm just trying to keep the peace cause this is some hardcore flaming going on in here lol

edit: I just have to add another lol

Shep
08-09-2006, 04:56 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/determinedafterstorm/flamewar.jpg

bt_bird_90
08-09-2006, 06:46 AM
Well, I guess to prevent a flame war from going on, It's a good spot to introduce myself... Theres not much to say, I'm stuck in the same boat as the rest of you. Alizée has been keeping me awake into the wee hours of the morning since I first discovered her. I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time now and I never really had the incentive to join in because I'd just be hooked in deeper. Well, here's to having your every waking moment built around a girl you will never meet, cheers!

...and I would just like to add,
You aren't the only one to compare Alizée to Audrey. Audrey had a charm about her but I believe, as well do most, Ali surpasses Audrey exponentially in many aspects. Must be the Frenchness.

A few months ago, this would have made me throw up. I guess I have more french blood than anything else and always been a bit disappointed by it. But because of Alizée, I've decided to finish my Spanish courses in the fall, and I'll be taking up French too. Not necissarily to be able to understand her lyrics better, but because I've yet to find any words in English to describe what it is I love about her, so I'll continue taking up languages 'till I find some that can do her justice.

rcs
08-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Welcome BT. Enjoy the ride. Alizee gives you sweet dreams when you watch her videos before going to bed.

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
i was talking about u kissing my ass, not the other way around. and when did i say u were gay? i didnt say anything about u being gay or participating in any gay acts or anything. nobody wants to hear how straight u are anymore. u made ur point that u dont smoke man pole

I know you are... so what am I? naaa, naaa, naaa, naaa, naaaa...

That's what I said... U kissing my ass!!!

Forget it dude, you're too slow. You had better never lock horns with Alizee if you ever do get a chance to meet her because she's very, very quick witted and will tear your ass up! I'm pretty quick witted myself but Alizee tore me a new asshole and sent me running for cover with my tail bewteen my legs. So that means you haven't got a chance in hell.

My Advice? If you ever see Alizee in person, slowly tilt your head down, quietly face the other direction and ...RUN LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!! If you lucky enough maybe she won't see you, therefore, letting your pride survive for another day.

Lighten up and stay off drugs. Do the nasty instead.

-Cybersoil

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/determinedafterstorm/flamewar.jpg
I love your stick figures, Shep. I wish I could draw like that. :D

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
welcome to the forums BT also I switched from taking spanish to taking french but because she makes me want to learn french and I failed spanish and now its boring

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I know you are... so what am I? naaa, naaa, naaa, naaa, naaaa...

That's what I said... U kissing my ass!!!

Forget it dude, you're too slow. You have better never lock horns with Alizee if you ever do get a chance to meet her because she's very, very quick witted and will tear your ass up! I'm pretty quick witted myself but Alizee tore me a new asshole and sent me running for cover with my tail bewteen my legs. So that means you haven't got a chance in hell.

My Advice? If you ever see Alizee in person, slowly tilt your head down, quietly face the other direction and ...RUN LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!! If you lucky enough maybe she won't see you, therefore, letting your pride survive for another day.

Lighten up and stay off drugs. Do the nasty instead.

-Cybersoil

LOL ok enuff shit talking. alizee's single is coming out next month, with an album coming out later in the year, and we on here arguing like a couple of school girls. how bout we put an end to all this bikkering shall we?

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 12:38 PM
But it's soooo fun! You know I'm just BSing with you, something to take up the time until her new CD comes out. It's much better than the, "I wonder what Alizee is wearing today? or "I wonder what she's thinking at this very moment" kind of stuff.

-Cybersoil

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
oh ok. lets keep it up then. cybersoil ur an asshole! and i knew that u were doing the whole switcharoo with the words "u kiss my ass". i was just playing dumb u lil bitch! and if all of us in this forum were to meet alizee, she would rip us all to shreds cuz she would have a presence like no other! HOORAH

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
yeah some new member is gonna go crazy but in all serious though once in awhile I really do wonder about what she is doing.

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Don't we all...

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 01:17 PM
LOL thats fuckin awesome. no i didnt see it untill u just told me about it, but whoever did see it and is now reading this thread, well now they know

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah thats how I found out about it nurvonic lol

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah some new member is gonna go crazy but in all serious though once in awhile I really do wonder about what she is doing.

shes probably boning up for her birthday coming up here in a week and half. i can imagine this site buggin with an outpouring of "happy birthday alizee!!" comments on the 21st

cybersoil
08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
LOL thats fuckin awesome. no i didnt see it untill u just told me about it, but whoever did see it and is now reading this thread, well now they know

Naaa.. I just deleted the last post telling them about it.

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 01:39 PM
yeah that threard will have a lot of activity gosh I can't wait for her single and album

bt_bird_90
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Somehow I ended up with Moi...Lolita of all songs stuck in my head this morning. I cought myself a few times humming the tune at a motocross shop. I thought it was pretty ironic because I try to come off as such a hardass all the time, and nobody had the slightest clue what song it was. I'm always humming Alizée songs around the house, if my parents ever catch on someday... awkward...

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
lol I know exactly what your talking about when I'm working in my mechanics class and I will start to hum the last song i heard and that is usually one from Alizee

Shep
08-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I was caught once listening to her on my iPod by a friend of mine. He started to make fun of me till I showed him a picture of her on my phone.

Spartan500
08-09-2006, 04:01 PM
lol one time my friend wanted to listen to my phone and so before I let him listen to it I figured I might aas well save me time and get laughed at now so I told him about alizee and he started to laugh. but then i showed him a jen ai marre vid and he immediatly stopped laughing and said "we should save up and take a trip to europe but not let it be like in hostel". I just laughed at him.

Shep
08-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah there's something about her that just doesn't say pop star, yet there's no other category to describe her. She's definately not rock, rap, or (god forbid) country, but I don't consider her pop really...

Unique I guess is the best way to describe her.

rcs
08-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah there's something about her that just doesn't say pop star, yet there's no other category to describe her. She's definately not rock, rap, or (god forbid) country, but I don't consider her pop really...

Unique I guess is the best way to describe her.

The Phenomenal Category is the only one I can think of. I've also tried to categorize her, but she's got a variety of types going for herself.

Bob
08-11-2006, 10:22 PM
"She's young" I say, "Yeah... isn't she great?" I don't care what they think, whether she's 15 or 21, to me she's ALIZEE... and that's all that matters.

-Cybersoil so true but for me its other way around:D