PDA

View Full Version : You Gotta See This Version of Moi Lolita...

Mon Maquis
06-12-2007, 11:33 PM
My god this is bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRrF4PqX84

Whats worse the song, or the people trying to swing dance to Moi Lolita.

Oh wait, its the 95 year old man sitting down clapping to Moi Lolita...

-Brian

fsquared
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I personally found it quite good myself. (I'll insert a disclaimer that I'm a bit partial to all things Hungarian.)

Deus_Ex
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM
My god this is bad....

Whats worse the song, or the people trying to swing dance to Moi Lolita.

Oh wait, its the 95 year old man sitting down clapping to Moi Lolita...

-Brian

what's worse? it's her dancing.

lol, what country is this video from? it seems like it's from a mid/west asian country, like the former soviet union states.

Deus_Ex
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I personally found it quite good myself. (I'll insert a disclaimer that I'm a bit partial to all things Hungarian.)

oh, it's hungarian?

she looked iranian at first.

fsquared
06-13-2007, 12:20 AM
From her appearance, she is almost certainly ethnically Romani (often referred to as "Gypsy"). Her name is Hungarian. First name Reni, surname Nagy (it's written surname first in Hungary). The caption indicates it's from some talent search show from Szeged, Hungary.

Deus_Ex
06-13-2007, 12:29 AM
From her appearance, she is almost certainly ethnically Romani (often referred to as "Gypsy"). Her name is Hungarian. First name Reni, surname Nagy (it's written backwards in Hungary). The caption indicates it's from some talent search show from Szeged, Hungary.

also, i thought she could have been of indian descent..(historically, the gypsies of eastern europe have been of indian descent, intermingled with other ethnicities)

Mon Maquis
06-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Well I had to watch it again, since its a train wreck. You dont see Alizee guitar player playing and put down his guitar in the middle of the song and then pick it back up a minute later and play it again.

What are they thinking... lmfao.

-Brian

CFHollister
06-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Hey, I'll take this one over the one that Snatcher recently posted.

Drake498
06-13-2007, 10:11 AM
It's her voice... it doesn't fit the song, however i think she can prolly sing another song fit to her much better then Moi... Lolita, its not the worst i've seen, but its not a trainwreck... more like a train slamming the breaks to avoid a trainwreck.... not peaceful, but no crash.... You can also tell shes nervous just by her posture and some of her rigid hand gestures, but that happenes to the best of us... i think thats why the dancing was horrid...

espire
06-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I myself am of Hungarian descent, but I agree that though the girl has a great voice, it's not the right voice to sing Moi... Lolita. I have a feeling that apart from Alizée, the only person that could sing Lolita is Mylène Farmer herself. That would be quite a treat, actually!

heyamigo
06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
well its better than the polish one we just saw the other day