PDA

View Full Version : Marvel or DC

TGA_Ross
06-16-2007, 10:39 PM
HAX! which one is better?! i say Marvel, because there's more movies based on Marvel, and the heros in it are better... i mean.. come on.. Spiderman, he's got 3 MOVIES! no other hero has that many yet.... HAX!

Drake498
06-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm going with Marvel all the way, DC's got superman and Batman... but, all the other good ones are with Marvel :D

Discalimer: ... i dont even read comicbooks :p

TGA_Ross
06-16-2007, 11:00 PM
yeah... Marvel kicks DC's ass.. and to prove that, here's a little link from Youtube to prove it!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=av6fWfmugds <-- #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LvFjo5TTY6c&mode=related&search= <-- #2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ytqV6GEHW24&mode=related&search= <-- #3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7rp2f2OcCpQ&mode=related&search= <-- #4

EDIT: i like your Sig also.. well.. i like anything that's linked or that can be linked to J'en Ai Marre

bt_bird_90
06-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I pick Marvel, they're characters are so... "conflicted".

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam maps spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

Joey_adore_Jung
06-16-2007, 11:55 PM
MARVEL ALL THE WAY, deadpool and Spider-man are always their to make me laugh and Superman is too much of a boy scout, still the Smallville t.v. show is awesome. still MARVEL!

marik
06-17-2007, 01:16 AM
MARVEL ALL THE WAY, deadpool and Spider-man are always their to make me laugh and Superman is too much of a boy scout, still the Smallville t.v. show is awesome. still MARVEL!

Marvel is good! i like all heroes of Marvel! like Spiderman,Daredevil,Punisher?,and the FantasticFour!:)

c-dawg777
06-17-2007, 01:23 AM
I say Marvel because I like how everyone got their powers in some crazy "accident/expierament", not to mention Batman is just a rich kid out having fun, and superman is just lame... if you have only one weakness (kryptonite) wouldnt you learn to... i dont know, avoid it? However the idea of the true identity being superman and his mask is Clark Kent is clever. And, V for Vendetta is also one badass DC comic, that is by far one of the best superhero movies out.

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 09:24 AM
if you have only one weakness (kryptonite) wouldnt you learn to... i dont know, avoid it?

or ya' know.... shoot it with your laser eyes....

anyways, i thought Batman was DC... he's still a badass either way....

Fusoya
06-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Marvel for the win.

espire
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
This gives me an awesome idea...

A comic starring Alizée!

EDIT: In fact, I already had that idea before:

THE AMAZING ALIZÉE - VOLUME 1

In this issue, Alizée finds herself trapped in a giant glass cube! Will singing J'en ai marre be enough for her to escape? Read on to find out!

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 08:07 PM
This gives me an awesome idea...

A comic starring Alizée!

EDIT: In fact, I already had that idea before:

:cool: :cool: go for it!!! it'll be great!!! get Stan Lee to Draw!!

espire
06-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I have no idea who that is, but I'll get right on the script for Volume 1!

Well, actually, I won't, but maybe I will one day. If you guys have any ideas for a plot, feel free to let me know. All I can think of is the glass cube, and maybe joining forces with Jenifer to defeat some evil enemy singer.

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I have no idea who that is, but I'll get right on the script for Volume 1!

Well, actually, I won't, but maybe I will one day. If you guys have any ideas for a plot, feel free to let me know. All I can think of is the glass cube, and maybe joining forces with Jenifer to defeat some evil enemy singer.

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO STAN LEE IS!?!?!?!?!?!?!? he's only the CREATOR of Marvel!! c'mon!! geeze.. EVERYONE knows who Stan Lee is!

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Stan Lee is the father of Bruce Lee?

SpeedShift
06-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Stan Lee is the writer that invented Spider-man, The Fantastic Four, The Hulk, The X-Men, The Avengers, Daredevil, The Silver Surfer, Iron Man, and a whole bunch more... ;)
get Stan Lee to Draw!!
Ummmm, Stan Lee is a writer. He can't draw worth beans... :D
You would need Steve Ditko or John Romita. They are famous original Marvel comic book artists... :cool:

espire
06-17-2007, 09:54 PM
If I did do this, or anyone, the obvious choice would be to use real images of Alizée.

Spartan500
06-17-2007, 10:09 PM
dude tga i agree Marvel kicks DC's ass. spiderman and mr fantastic are my reasons

SpeedShift
06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Or you could model her in a 3D program, pose her, and then render her with Cel shading and a black outline so that she would look drawn. I did something like that with this: Flower (http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/SpeedShifted/ShirtFront.png?t=1182132713)
I was thinking of attempting to model a bust of her sometime... (Just shoulders and above.) :)
EDIT: By the way, I voted Marvel because their characters are the easiest to relate to. And Marvel has just plain fun characters, DC's too dark. Batman, Superman and The Flash are the best DC characters.

espire
06-17-2007, 10:18 PM
That would be awesomely cool, but it would be a lot more work. It also wouldn't look quite as good.

SpeedShift
06-17-2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know. Initially it might take more work, but it might make it easier to make her costumes and poses consistent with the stories...

Deepwaters
06-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Speaking of the stories, you guys haven't even seriously begun to work out the details here. You've got to give her some super powers and a backstory to account for them. Here are two, just as examples.

Version 1: Shortly after the birth of Alizée's child, while she was still taking time off from her career, her husband, widely known as a Mad Clothing Designer, was experimenting with weird chemicals to produce new dyes. Annily toddled into Papa's laboratory one day while he was in the studio pursuing his other career, and picked up a flask of a Strange Chemical Substance, which she generously and in complete innocence gave to her mother. Alizée, exhausted from caring for a toddler with far too many of her mother's character traits, idly mistook the flask for her soft drink and downed it without thinking. The chemicals mutated her vocal chords into a powerful sonic device capable of shattering concrete on the high notes, or causing earthquakes with the low notes. It wasn't long before the criminals of Europe took to wearing earplugs night and day . . .

Version 2: In a cave in the Corsican hills lived a little old crone who preserved in her fragile body the secrets of the Ancient Magical Powers of the Island. Although Alizée had been initiated into the lower levels of the mysteries as a young girl, it was only after the birth of her child and temporary retirement that the Old Wise Woman called her back to Corsica to undergo the ordeals and secret training that would turn her into . . . The Voice Of Doom!!! Upon her return to the music scene, the world saw a new Alizée capable of turning even the most hardened metalhead into her drooling mind-controlled slave with a few well-chosen musical phrases. It wasn't long before whole armies of crazed fans were following the little Corsican singer around eager to sacrifice themselves to serve her every whim. What master plan did the golden-throated beauty and her withered mentor have? And is she a servant of good, or an agent of evil?

espire
06-17-2007, 11:03 PM
While I don't like the second one as much, the first one is fun. She also needs some dancing superpower. That one's harder to work with though. What exactly would she do?

Rocket
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I can't vote. My best friend Jenn works for both Marvel and DC :(
This is a sketch she did of me.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5049&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=cb1a826dbdbe2196673efa39adebdc90

Joey_adore_Jung
06-17-2007, 11:14 PM
HEY ROCKET :D

Stan Lee is not a drawer though i have a signed issue of Amazing Fantasy by John Romita jnr. the Artist for Spider-man. MArvel all the way i got into a argument with my dad about which is better he keeps saying DC, but i argue!

espire
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM

Wow, that's awesome!

Deepwaters
06-17-2007, 11:20 PM
While I don't like the second one as much, the first one is fun. She also needs some dancing superpower. That one's harder to work with though. What exactly would she do?

Ah, not hard at all. In addition to the effect on her vocal cords, the Mysterious Chemical Substances (where did Jérémy score that crap?) also went into her bloodstream and had an effect on her muscles, so that, by dance steps that she understood intuitively, she could channel the powers of her voice into tight beams rather than broadcasting them indiscriminately. It wasn't long before her daily workouts featured a little girl squealing with delight as she was bounced up and down on a sonic trampoline. And those earplugs? A waste of plastic! Ordinary human beings had no defense at all!

But like all superheroes, she has an Arch-Enemy, and that is the underworld mastermind known as M. Sourd, a powerful being somewhat like Daredevil except that he is deaf, rather than blind, and has developed powers of perception to compensate. A battle of the titans is in the offing . . .

espire
06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I think I just have far too high a standard for comics, considering that I don't read them :)

Joey_adore_Jung
06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Ah, not hard at all. In addition to the effect on her vocal cords, the Mysterious Chemical Substances (where did Jérémy score that crap?) also went into her bloodstream and had an effect on her muscles, so that, by dance steps that she understood intuitively, she could channel the powers of her voice into tight beams rather than broadcasting them indiscriminately. It wasn't long before her daily workouts featured a little girl squealing with delight as she was bounced up and down on a sonic trampoline. And those earplugs? A waste of plastic! Ordinary human beings had no defense at all!

But like all superheroes, she has an Arch-Enemy, and that is the underworld mastermind known as M. Sourd, a powerful being somewhat like Daredevil except that he is deaf, rather than blind, and has developed powers of perception to compensate. A battle of the titans is in the offing . . .

honestly Deepwater, that sounds like Dazzler from the X-Men who causes a light show when she sings, but interesting all the same.

espire
06-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I've already introduced her abilities in the Kung-Fu thread. We must now work on the enemy, who has to be some real singer or something. Lorie? ;)

Joey_adore_Jung
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
how about you Espire that will be interesting to read and look at you getting your assed kicked by Alizée. hmm.......
and actually i believe she knows kickboxing.

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 11:33 PM
meh.. making a new thread for this... i don't liek my threads going off topic...

marik
07-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Stan Lee is the father of Bruce Lee?

LoL zaCK! THAT makes me laugh!!!!!11:D

hahahhahhahah!

atra201
07-01-2007, 09:16 AM
cannot say i (entendre) of a copany by the name DC so i'll go with Marvel (spidermaaaaan)

marik
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
cannot say i (entendre) of a copany by the name DC so i'll go with Marvel (spidermaaaaan)

you are with us atra!:)

atra201
07-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I can't vote. My best friend Jenn works for both Marvel and DC :(

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5049&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=cb1a826dbdbe2196673efa39adebdc90
long hair is beautiful on you
did she work on spiderman movie?

nurvonic
07-01-2007, 10:36 AM
screw marvel!! :p

batman rules all.

Fèvier
01-02-2011, 12:48 PM
*meow ^_^*

don't really read them but Marvel just has so much cooler shit! :D

DrSmith
01-02-2011, 01:28 PM
*meow ^_^*

I concur with this statement.

Although Batman is also cool.

user472884
01-02-2011, 02:30 PM

yes
Although the only thing I can think of from DC is batman, which is pretty dark if you analyze the whole story, so based off that versus the fanciful nature of Marvel comics, marvel is the clear winner in my book

DrSmith
01-02-2011, 02:37 PM
The only other DC comic I can think of is Superman, and he's lame as Hale.

alizeefan
01-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Actually Superman has like 5 movies or more .

I prefer Marvel but DC has the better comics for girls titles,Catwoman,Wonderwoman and Supergirl .

@ Alizee comic - the true story would be better and more informative than make believe . They already do make Rockstar comics . One shots which tell the story of the starts.No doubt in my mind the cover alone of an Alizee comic would be a big seller . Surprised they had not done one when she was in her prime .

As for the real Marvel VS DC as it was a comic series without ruining the individual battles outcomes for anyone . . . I will just say in the end the most powerful of ALL the comic characters ended up being Doctor Strange - Marvel .

DrSmith
01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
They already do make Rockstar comics.

Heh. There's nothing KISS won't put their name on.

http://blogs.pitch.com/wayward/kiss%20comic.gif

Fall
01-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I like both, though I admit I know a lot more Marvel stuff than DC.

Instead of all these Marvel VS Blah and DC VS Blah, they NEED to make Marvel VS DC! Who wouldn't buy that game? :eek:

Iron Man, Gambit, Thor, Spiderman are some of my Marvel favorites
Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, among others, for DC

DrSmith
01-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Seems like a good idea for a game. They did make Marvel vs. DC comics.

http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/comics/Marvel/MarvelVsDC/MarvelVsDC002.jpg