PDA

View Full Version : Which type of Villian are you MOST like?

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Just liek the name says.. which are you MOST like?

Here's a discription of the different types:

Anti-hero – Not neccessarily a villain, an anti-hero is a character which is popular because of its villainous or generally negative behaviour
Anti-villain – Basically the opposite of an anti-hero. While the anti-hero often fights on the protagonist's team, but with selfish motives, the anti-villain plays a villain's game, but for what's at least in his eyes a noble cause.
Archenemy – the main and greatest foe of the hero
Dark Lord or Evil Overlord – a villain of near-omnipotence in his realm, who seeks to utterly dominate the world; he is often depicted as a diabolical force, and may, indeed, be more a force than a personality. The effects of his rule often assert malign effects on the land as well as his subjects. Besides his usual magical abilities, he often controls great armies. Most Dark Lords are male, except in parody. The classic example of the Dark Lord is Sauron, from Lord of the Rings
Dog heavy – a film term for the third villain in a group, often with minimal or no lines of dialog. The term comes from B-movie Westerns: if the lead villain (or "brain heavy") is the one who leads the group and shoots the sheriff, and the next most villainous kills the deputy, the "dog heavy" is the one who kicks the dog.
Evil diva – a variant on the femme fatale, the Evil Diva is a flamboyant and usually outrageously dressed villainess. She is often very self-referential and fashion-obsessed. Famous Evil Divas include Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians and Killer Queen from We Will Rock You The character "Diva" from Starmites can be thought of as a parody of this type, although she is not truly villainous.
Evil genius – a character of great intelligence who chooses to use their knowledge for antisocial/immoral ends. For example, Count Fosco in Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White.
Evil twin – a character which is identical or almost identical to the hero, but is evil instead of good.
Femme fatale – a beautiful, seductive but ultimately villainous woman who uses the malign power of her sexuality in order to ensnare the hapless hero into danger.
Heel – the villain in a match of professional wrestling
Mad scientist – a scientist-villain or villain-scientist
Supervillain – a villain who displays special powers, skills or equipment powerful enough to be a typically serious challenge to a superhero.
Surprise villain – a villain whose identity as such is not known until the end of the history. They are often portrayed as characters that the audience would not suspect as villains.
Second string villain – often not very evil or even competent. Typically more ridiculous or annoying than fearsome or deadly and often serve as comic relief. Sometimes they reform and become probationary heroes or sidekicks. Frequently seen as villains in children's adventure stories where children often (to the point of implausibility) outsmart adults.
Snoop – is a villain who is constantly trying to expose the hero's secret to the public for his own personal gain, but always with unsuccessful results.
Tragic villain – is a villain who really does not intend to be a "villain" and perhaps believes they are honestly doing good. They are perhaps misled or not entirely in control of their feelings and/or actions. An example would be a Black Knight.
Wicked stepmother - is a common fairy-tale villain. She may act as the witch or ogre who directly endangers or deprives her stepchildren, or she may drive them out into danger in the world.
Lackey, henchman, or toadie– a minor villan who takes orders from the "brain heavy."
Spammer - ME!!!

espire
06-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Evil genius...

mwahahahaha.

BTW, I like your sig a lot.

CFHollister
06-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Evil Overlord,
with elements of Evil Genius, Surprise Villian, and Tragic Villian mixed in.

SpeedShift
06-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh, believe me, if I ever have the chance to play a villain, it would be the most powerful and evil, world-domination, hero thrashing, building crashing, you-never-want-to-engage-him-in-single-combat, style villain... :D
And hey, you never know, maybe I will get a chance to act that out some day (In a movie of course. You hope...). :p

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh, believe me, if I ever have the chance to play a villain, it would be the most powerful and evil, world-domination, hero thrashing, building crashing, you-never-want-to-engage-him-in-single-combat, style villain... :D
And hey, you never know, maybe I will get a chance to act that out some day (In a movie of course. You hope...). :p

so in otherwords... a SUPERVILLAIN!

Cooney
06-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Count me as a surprise villain. I'm not called "Crafty Weasel" for nothing!

Oh wait, they don't call me that around here.

Oh well, I'm still surprise villain :-P

Spartan500
06-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I picked anti-hero but it would have to be that and some supervillain because in a quiz like this i got venom

Joey_adore_Jung
06-17-2007, 03:45 PM
i am surprise villian cuz i suppose they can be really sneaky.

Deepwaters
06-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Definitely an evil genius. And that isn't even fantasy. :cool:

Moe
06-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Jeroh type.

Fusoya
06-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Archenemy!

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Jeroh type.

Then im moe type.

TGA_Ross
06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
ehh.. who else voted Spammer??? as far as i can tell.. i'm the only "spammer" here... not that i spam on this forum...

marik
06-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Spammer maybe!:p