PDA

View Full Version : We are what we eat

Piblokto
06-23-2007, 08:57 AM
So what's your favorite dish ?
One of mine's is Baeckeoffe (http://www.alsace-route-des-vins.com/NewVersion/index.cfm/fuseaction/Gastronomie.ShowRecette/ID/26/Language/En.cfm), it's from Alsace, kind of a stew made with 3 kinds of meat marinated 24 hours in white wine and cooked in a special jar during at least 3 hours. Stay away from it if you're vegetarian, but it's really good...
Another one, from India : Masala Dosa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masala_dosa), a crispy crêpe filled with spicy potatoes. Simple but delicious.

RMJ
06-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Anything that tastes good.

TGA_Ross
06-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Pizza, Chicken Divan (my mother made the dish, it has, a Curry sause, Chicken, Broccoli, and cheese, and is UBER good) and most any kind of Ice Cream...

chelsey
06-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Pizza, Salad..(with fried chicken, eggs, ham, tomatoes, cheese) ...um strawberries...those are the main ones...dont eat much..but that is what eat when im really hungy...ill eat other things too tho:)

Fusoya
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Taco , Pizza ... hmm , well actually I just love egg and bacon even though it maybe doesnt count as a dish? :p

Deepwaters
06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Jambalaya, a Cajun casserole with ham, Andouille sausage, and seafood (I use shrimp and sometimes oysters), tomatoes, onion, garlic, and rice, with a wonderful spice mix and a fresh habanero pepper.

Masala dosa, a second vote. At my favorite S. Indian restaurant which is right near my house, they make great dosas, and the masala dosa comes with the potato filling in a lump right in the middle, so I like to break off pieces of the plain dosa from the ends and dip them in sambar.

Vegetables and rice with Thai spicy peanut sauce.

Fresh cherries (they're in season now, yay!)

Blackened salmon, a variant on blackened redfish which is another Cajun dish: coat salmon fillets with a spice mix and pan-fry in very hot oil so the spices turn into a crust, serve with rice and veggies.

Pan bagnat, basically a raw-vegetable sandwich on a baguette, I like to include some sliced hardboiled egg and a marinade mix with artichoke hearts, olives, anchovies, so the whole sandwich takes on this pickly taste over the crunch.

Edit: Of course, all of that's what I eat in human shape. In dragon form, sheep and cattle are good, but nothing beats a tender sacrificial virgin.

Uméesha
06-23-2007, 10:24 AM
i am with RMJ.....i like all the dishes from different countries and different cuisines.... i like the taste of Alizee.

Piblokto
06-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Anything that tastes good.

Sure, but what does taste good for you ?
For example a Corsican would love Corsican cheese - and maybe Alizée does - , kind of cheese you can smell miles away before even seeing it.
So taste in food is relative, depending on your culture, family, social origins and your age too...

Joey_adore_Jung
06-23-2007, 09:29 PM
ok so favorite foods oy long list i'll shorten it to top 5.

1. Shrimp
2. Chicken
3. Pizza
4. Steak
5. cheese

Unknown
06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
me too i agree with RMJ anything food that has a good taste's!:)

espire
06-23-2007, 10:04 PM
When I was in Israel, I tasted shawarma, which is basically strips of meat roasted on a giant kebab. A whole bunch of shawarma is put, with vegetables, in what is called a Lafa, a sweet fluffy flatbread. I could probably go back there just to have another one of those...

I'm of Hungarian descent, and enjoy that food a lot. Lots of variety, lots of potatoes. And recently, I've grown a liking for cooked spinach. Yeah, I don't understand either.

I think I could go for une des basiers d'Alizée, though ;)
Everyone knows that they're the real gourmandises.

Deepwaters
06-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I think I could go for une des basiers d'Alizée, though ;)
Everyone knows that they're the real gourmandises.

Juste "une"? ;)

espire
06-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Juste "une"? ;)

Une des, one of them :p

Unless I've forgotten my French already. Garçon?

Deepwaters
06-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Une des, one of them :p

Unless I've forgotten my French already. Garçon?

No, you had the French right. I was merely asking: "Only one?"

espire
06-23-2007, 10:32 PM
No, you had the French right. I was merely asking: "Only one?"

Good point, Une des still means only one :rolleyes:

Hmm... If I had more than one, I'd probably have a heart attack, so I'll keep to a single for now :wub:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I like oriental kitchen...

garçoncanadien
06-24-2007, 12:28 AM
hey Zack don't make fun of bad translators :p it's la cuisine asiatique, asian food :p

espire its une des baisers d'Alizée ;) and yes, you should have 2 or 3 ;)

Deepwaters
06-24-2007, 12:33 AM
espire its une des baisers d'Alizée ;)

LOL OK, Espire, your grammar was right, but neither one of us can spell. :p

and yes, you should have 2 or 3 ;)

Mon opinion exactement.

Chommpers
06-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Umm I like to have a buffalo chicken sandwhich with lots of Ranch on it with a side of onion rings and cajun sauce. This place called shalloes (or something like that lol, it's weird on the spelling) makes it really good. So not sure if it's a dish, but it's my favorite food.

garçoncanadien
06-24-2007, 12:40 AM
and espire, the correct way to hit on Alizée is written in the set of news articles RMJ and I posted ;) go there, and you will learn how to get quelques baisers d'Alizée ;) she answered the question: "how does one hit on Alizée" :p

fsquared
06-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah, cherries are yummy. Chinese food. Vietnamese food. Hungarian food (I lived in Hungary once....mmm....to"lto"tt paprika (stuffed peppers), ra'ntott serte'sszelet (deepfried pork cutlets))...Dosas are great too. Bulgarian food (especially the grilled stuff). I'm making myself hungry.

atra201
06-24-2007, 12:45 AM
i like all kinds of food but not the same thing for two days in a row

Drake498
06-24-2007, 05:00 PM
steak, pizza, most any fruit, rice, chicken... idk a lot of stuff... :p

espire
06-24-2007, 06:44 PM
and espire, the correct way to hit on Alizée is written in the set of news articles RMJ and I posted ;) go there, and you will learn how to get quelques baisers d'Alizée ;) she answered the question: "how does one hit on Alizée" :p

Alright. You send me on a treasure hunt, off I go.

OGRE
06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
If we really are what we eat, I'll have whatever Alizée is having.:)

Deepwaters
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
If we really are what we eat, I'll have whatever Alizée is having.:)

LOL I don't know, OGRE, I seem to recall an interview in which she said she wasn't above McDonalds. I think you might want to imitate her dance workout rather than her diet. ;)

Of course she was a teenager then. And not yet a mother. Things might have changed.

garçoncanadien
06-24-2007, 07:51 PM
OGRE: that would be nonours en gélatine, and les bonbons acidulés (for desert) ;) and chinese food for meal ;), maybe including mama's homestyle chicken curry.

Deepwaters
06-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I'd go for Madame Jacotey's chicken curry, especially if it got me an invitation to dinner at their house. :)

riva2model64
06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
most any fruit

yes!! watermelons, honeydew, peaches, apricots, plums of varying sizes colors and degrees of sourness, grapes both seedless and regular, pomegranates, passion fruit, Korean white peaches, apples (red delicious) and that other kind I don't know the name of, cantaloupe, oranges, mangos, pineapples, clementines!!:D

Deepwaters
06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Well, thanks to this thread, I just had to have some blackened salmon. Been a long time. Had that, some rice, and some carrots & mushrooms tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, and a Samuel Adams Black Lager. Good stuff.

Here's the recipe (serves 2):

2 salmon fillets
20 ml Olive oil

Seasoning mix:

1 part salt
1 part black pepper
1 part white pepper
2 parts paprika
1 part garlic powder
1 part cayenne pepper
Basil
Tarragon

Heat oil in a cast-iron pan until very hot. Spread seasoning mix over skinless side of fillets until thickly and evenly coated. Place fillets in pan skin-side down and fry for 2 minutes. Flip fillets, remove fish skin, and coat up-side with seasoning mix. Reduce heat slightly, cook for several minutes, then turn again, and cook until fish is done.

Serve with rice and vegetables. A good beer is almost a requirement. :D

OGRE
06-24-2007, 09:24 PM
McDonalds....gélatine....bonbons....chinese food....homestyle chicken curry.

OMG, that's ME!!!:wub:

espire
06-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I eat too much sugar :(

Edcognito
06-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Shrimp Scampi and Escargot, wild rice, and a dbl glass of Amaretto...

Best dinner ever.........

Ed:cool:

Drake498
06-24-2007, 10:28 PM
yes!! watermelons, honeydew, peaches, apricots, plums of varying sizes colors and degrees of sourness, grapes both seedless and regular, pomegranates, passion fruit, Korean white peaches, apples (red delicious) and that other kind I don't know the name of, cantaloupe, oranges, mangos, pineapples, clementines!!:D

lol, dude fruit kicks ass :D Rock on dude ;)

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Easy, fast, cheap and very, very sweet.

Well 3 out of 4 are correct if we are indeed what we eat.:D

(Sadly it's the last one that's wrong :( )

SupaKrupa
06-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Me mum's chicken soup !

Shinmei
06-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Unless it has ranch on it, I'll eat anything.

Joey_adore_Jung
06-25-2007, 12:23 AM
i'll eat anything except thee listed below.

1. sour pickles
2. mushrooms- can't seem to swallow them
3. insert random food

c-dawg777
06-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Give me a real Alaskan King Crab and I'll be set... at least for now, thats what I seem to have a craving for, and none of that fake crab meat or Atlantic crap either! That tastes nothing like real crab! Theres only one true king, if it's not from Alaska, then its not worth swallowing.

atra201
06-25-2007, 02:23 AM
les bonbons acidulés (for desert) .
thanks for spelling that for me

Ioku
06-25-2007, 03:44 AM
:( I haven't had any fast food or pizza for close to 2 years now.

Uméesha
06-25-2007, 03:59 AM
:( I haven't had any fast food or pizza for close to 2 years now.

what is the reason for not having fast food for the past two years, hey ioku where are u from.... what is the special in your country....

chelsey
06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
wow...not eating pizza for like 2 years....i couldnt live...

Cooney
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
wow...not eating pizza for like 2 years....i couldnt live...

Yikes, me either. In college, I actually bought train tickets home my freshman year, just so I could go have pizza at my favorite spot. I was having withdrawl pains!

A good, hand-tossed, intensely cheesy pizza definitely tops my food list. I'm also a fan of pasta alfredo, NY strip steaks, cheese quesadillas, and Mongolian beef. I guess pretty much anything that will give me a heart attack :rolleyes:

Ioku
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm from US. I guess the most unhealthy thing I have had is sushi a few weeks ago. Its not that I don't like eating fast food or pizza its just that every time I do eat it I feel sluggish.

RMJ
06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Why was the sushi unhealthy ?

Surely it's way more healthy than those pizzas and others.

CFHollister
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Yikes, me either. In college, I actually bought train tickets home my freshman year, just so I could go have pizza at my favorite spot. I was having withdrawl pains!

Where's your pizza spot?

OGRE
06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
All this talk of pizza is making me crave pizza. We've got a nice Bakery-Cafe opening up tomorrow just down the street...with homemade pizza on the menu. I'm going to call up Alizée, and if she's available, I'll make it a date. Jeremy can come to. On me.

RadioactiveMan
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
If we are what we eat, I'm going to eat bt_bird! http://assets2.sparkpeople.com/assets/diet/emoticons/e4.gif

Joey_adore_Jung
06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with Ogre, now i just ordered 4 pizzas from Panagos Pizza, i ordered Chicken, Hawaian, deluxe, and cheese pizzas.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Why was the sushi unhealthy ?

Surely it's way more healthy than those pizzas and others.

Maybe meaning the very high rates of stomach cancer in Japan. (But lower rates in other types).

But like you say, much healthier than pizza's and the rest.

I have the misfortune (health wise) to come from the unhealthiest nation in Western Europe. Deep fried Mars bars - comes with a free call for an ambulance : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fried_Mars_Bar

And of course, pizza's are too healthy - deep fry them as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_pizza

Deepwaters
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Now I'm thinking about sweets . . .

Lemon meringue pie. I have a Meyer lemon tree in the back yard. If you've never had a Meyer lemon, correct that deficiency as soon as possible.

Chocolate mousse with amaretto. Home-made creamy hot chocolate with cinnamon and marshmallow.

The same Indian restaurant with the dosas sells wonderful Indian sweets but I can't remember most of the names. I seldom buy any because I know I'll finish all of it the same day if I do.

French vanilla ice cream with chocolate fudge. Fresh figs stuffed with honey, nuts and cream cheese. Russian tea-cakes. Mocha truffles.

Damn it, if this keeps up I'm going to gain 10 friggin' pounds. :mad:

bt_bird_90
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Double-Double from In-N-Out
Firehouse Burger from Elephant Bar
Bacon Guacamole Cheeseburger from Red Robin
Salsa from La Tolteca
Borritos from Casa Del Rey
Taquitos from El Loco
Pizza from Wherehouse
Potato Skins from Elephant Bar
Grilled Steak and Shrimp from North Woods Inn
Birthday Cake Remix no chocolate chips from ColdStone
frozen carmel things from Starbucks
Mr. Sunshine from JuicyJuice
Cheesebread from North Woods Inn
Ginger Salad from Shogun
Cheesy Fries from Philli's Best

Find the relative center from all those places, and you will pinpoint where I live. :D

jeroh
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
asado , right moe?

heyamigo
06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm from US. I guess the most unhealthy thing I have had is sushi a few weeks ago. Its not that I don't like eating fast food or pizza its just that every time I do eat it I feel sluggish.

i think he meant to say "healthy" instead of unhealthy, cuz that makes no sense.

Shinmei
06-25-2007, 11:42 PM
No, I think he means he eats healthy, and that the worst thing he has eaten was sushi and that pizza makes him feel sluggish.

fsquared
06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Maybe meaning the very high rates of stomach cancer in Japan. (But lower rates in other types).

But like you say, much healthier than pizza's and the rest.

I have the misfortune (health wise) to come from the unhealthiest nation in Western Europe. Deep fried Mars bars - comes with a free call for an ambulance : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fried_Mars_Bar

And of course, pizza's are too healthy - deep fry them as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_pizza

My understanding from some documentary somewhere is that the high rates of stomach cancer in Japan started showing up around the time that smoked meats because popular due to Western influence, around the turn of the 20th C. or so. But I don't have any authoritative references regarding this at the moment.

heyamigo
06-26-2007, 12:48 AM
hard to imagine his "healthy" diet when he considers eating fish "unhealthy" unless its fish from a polluted lake or something, lol.

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 12:50 AM
hard to imagine his "healthy" diet when he considers eating fish "unhealthy" unless its fish from a polluted lake or something, lol.

Well, I suspect he's looking at a vegetarian or Vegan diet as the ideal, and he has a point. In that case, fish would be a slight departure towards the unhealthy, more so than vegetarian fare, but not as bad as fast-food or pizza. :cool:

fsquared
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Well, I suspect he's looking at a vegetarian or Vegan diet as the ideal, and he has a point. In that case, fish would be a slight departure towards the unhealthy, more so than vegetarian fare, but not as bad as fast-food or pizza. :cool:

Perhaps one could interpret "unhealthy" here as "risky" in the sense of eating raw fish, which could expose you to food-borne illness if it wasn't handled properly or was otherwise contaminated.

heyamigo
06-26-2007, 01:02 AM
ah...that makes sense fsquared.

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Perhaps one could interpret "unhealthy" here as "risky" in the sense of eating raw fish, which could expose you to food-borne illness if it wasn't handled properly or was otherwise contaminated.

I don't think so, because in that sense sushi would be more unhealthy than fast food or pizza, not less. Also bear in mind he said that the other stuff made him feel sluggish.

It's a fact, however uncomfortable it might make some, that a vegetarian diet eliminates a lot of the potential health consequences of meat, such as cholesterol and the transmission of food-borne diseases. It's both healthier and environmentally more responsible than eating meat.

I go that way periodically, but always seem to break down after a few months. ;)

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-26-2007, 03:20 AM
My understanding from some documentary somewhere is that the high rates of stomach cancer in Japan started showing up around the time that smoked meats because popular due to Western influence, around the turn of the 20th C. or so. But I don't have any authoritative references regarding this at the moment.

Don't know much about the above. Just know that the Japanese have much higher stomach cancer rates than the U.S., but lower rates in other types. Studies after WWII showed that the Japenese who moved to the US after the war (as brides of the troops stationed there) and their families fairly quickly 'adopted' the cancer patterns of the US, with a reduction in stomach cancer rates.

I can remember it being used as the best piece of research on how lifestyle can effect cancer rates, as opposed to blaming everything on genetics. (Or so the lecturer said)

Better stop now before the off-topic police tazer me:D

Erm, as for food - chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.:p

painbringer
06-26-2007, 05:08 AM
i mostly eat rice and chicken breast, pasta and meat sauce, protein shakes(meal replacement), salad with "Kraft Zesty Italian"(that shit is the bomb of all dressings)

low in fat, high in protein with enuff carbs to fuel my workouts

heyamigo
06-26-2007, 05:56 AM
btw, y'all know that Japanese people have the highest life expectancy in the world? and most of the oldest living people are in japan. you really think fish is bad, then think again.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-26-2007, 07:42 AM
btw, y'all know that Japanese people have the highest life expectancy in the world? and most of the oldest living people are in japan. you really think fish is bad, then think again.

As said earlier, all things in moderation:

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/news/pressreleases/2004/january/38962

"As the Japanese diet has become increasingly westernised there has been a noticeable drop in the rates of stomach cancer but an increase in the rates of breast and bowel cancers, emphasising the role of diet in the disease.

This study shows strong associations of stomach cancer with the intake of highly salted Japanese foods including salted fish and pickled vegetables. What we don't know is whether it is specifically the salt in these foods that can cause cancer or a combination of salt and other chemicals.

In Britain, stomach cancer rates are much lower than in Japan and these types of highly salted foods are not widely consumed."

We still await the real reason for his dislike of sushi though!:p

heyamigo
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
yea but sushi isn't salted nor smoked. :)

Joey_adore_Jung
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Tonight i am making me some Fried Shrimp, with a side of ceaser salad, maybe some perogies but definetely and big Steak, medium rare of course. got i love that my dad knows how to cook :)

espire
06-26-2007, 06:07 PM
A single course of the last four-course meal I just ate was four toasted slices of bread. My friend's mom makes a lot of food :blink:

Shinmei
06-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I enjoy making a smores pie. I try not to eat so much at once, usually a piece a day.

chelsey
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM

thats wierd...BUT sushi is sooo nasty...idk..i rather eat food that has been cooked:p

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Guys, I really don't think he was saying that sushi was bad. I think when he said that sushi was the most unhealthy thing he ate, he was saying it was the closest to being unhealthy of anything he ate -- i.e., he eats really really healthy. If such is the worst thing he eats, that means he eats nothing very bad.

Wish he'd come back and straighten that out, but I think that was it. :)

Oh man, now I want some. Guess I'll have to go get some then. :cool:

heyamigo
06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
well i guess we'll never know until he comes back to address this sushi fiasco he caused! :)

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-26-2007, 08:57 PM
yea but sushi isn't salted nor smoked. :)

It did used to be, the basic idea was salted fish in the 'olden days'. Possible high levels of mercury in tuna as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi
(Got to stop reading about sushi - I don't even like it that much:blink: )

Till Ioku lets us know his fears - we will never know. Maybe someone threw a can of tuna at his head, or he was nearly knocked down by a truck carrying fish:confused: :D

I do like haggis though, though it does sound horrible. (And of course chip shops deep fry it as well:eek: ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis

Many happy summers were spent hunting wild haggis during the school holidays up in the Highlands.:p

lissa15
06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
that sound good piblokto my fav food is steak with a baked potato and asparagus:p

Deepwaters
06-26-2007, 09:30 PM
AIS, your talk about local Scottish, er, delicacies reminded me of my childhood, not directly but because I was born and grew up in Texas, which is almost equally colorful.

I have a chameleon accent and sound like a native Californian (if there is such a thing), except when I get on the phone with my brother, and then I sound unpleasantly like President Bush. :( (Except I'm smarter. :) ) I don't eat like a Texan much any more, either, but . . .

I still know how to make a kick-ass pot of chili, with chopped (not ground) beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and the best seasoning mix this side OR the other of the Pecos. My ex-wife and I, back before she was my ex, once marketed the mix in a package with a picture of my father in a 10-gallon hat. Nowadays I usually substitute fresh peppers for the dried ground ones, and that's even better.

I remember when I was a kid, my family would buy black-eye peas or purple-hull peas or similar legumes by the bushel in the pod, and we would spend afternoons as a family shelling the damned things (boring, boring . . .) most of which would get blanched and frozen. Sometimes we would have a meal of them along with cooked greens (mustard, collard, chard, turnip) and fresh cornbread. My father, on the rare occasions when he cooked, would sometimes turn out a pot of pinto beans that I am still trying to recover the secret for. Those got served on cornbread, too, or sometimes on fresh home-made tortillas.

Oh, and the barbecue! Now, it's a sad fact that real barbecue hardly exists at all outside the former Confederacy. If you think you've had it, and it was somewhere else, chances are you've had only a weak imitation. There's Texas barbecue, which is hotter and sharper in flavor, and then there's deep-south barbecue, which is sweeter. Both are fantastic, meat cooked for hours or even days over a slow smoky fire, falling off the bone tender, imbued with the smoke taste and served with one type of wonderful sauce or another, washed down with -- well, OK, we'll import decent beer from a California microbrewery. :)

I actually hated Texas and became a refugee to the West Coast as soon as I was old enough, but hey, some of the food was damned good. :D

espire
06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh, and the barbecue! Now, it's a sad fact that real barbecue hardly exists at all outside the former Confederacy. If you think you've had it, and it was somewhere else, chances are you've had only a weak imitation. There's Texas barbecue, which is hotter and sharper in flavor, and then there's deep-south barbecue, which is sweeter. Both are fantastic, meat cooked for hours or even days over a slow smoky fire, falling off the bone tender, imbued with the smoke taste and served with one type of wonderful sauce or another, washed down with -- well, OK, we'll import decent beer from a California microbrewery. :)

And here I was, thinking that a barbecue was meat on a grill... :p

CFHollister
06-27-2007, 03:35 AM
well, OK, we'll import decent beer from a California microbrewery. :)

WTF, California !?!?!?! Washington state my friend... preferably Bellingham's Boundary Bay brewery, but that's just my preference (Scotch ale to be exact).

atra201
06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
did you guys know that i don't remeber what i ate last night for dinner.

Deepwaters
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
WTF, California !?!?!?! Washington state my friend... preferably Bellingham's Boundary Bay brewery, but that's just my preference (Scotch ale to be exact).

I lived in Seattle for years, so I know all about Washington state beer, and yes, there's plenty of good brew there, too. Boundary Bay is good, Ballard Bitter too.

But after moving to the SF Bay Area, I found gold. I won't even bother naming them because you can't get them out of the state, but the variety and quality are second to none.

Mind you, go further south to that Hollywood-supported travesty we don't name up here without spitting afterward, and things change. ;)

OGRE
06-27-2007, 09:54 AM
did you guys know that i don't remeber what i ate last night for dinner.

Oh my....and that's how it starts. One day you will not remember who you slept with last night.

Deepwaters
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh my....and that's how it starts. One day you will not remember who you slept with last night.

Thankfully, I have yet to reach that stage. :)

(Although there have been times I couldn't understand WHY I slept with her.);)

Fèvier
12-25-2010, 03:49 PM
*meow*

Lots, and lots, of CHOCOLATE!!!!
jaja, and some mexican food of course ^_^

woohoo
12-25-2010, 04:12 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lchsai5Ajt1qey5lyo1_400.jpg

user472884
12-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh no! Watch out! it rose from the dead!

wasabi622
12-25-2010, 11:34 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lchsai5Ajt1qey5lyo1_400.jpg

Hahaa, humans are more like frozen food products and imitation chicken from McDonalds. :p

user472884
12-26-2010, 04:45 AM
don't forget placebos that we call "over the counter medication"

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-26-2010, 08:11 AM
favorite dishes.....

1.Liquid Bread
2.Liquid Potato
3.Bacon
4.Liquid Sugarcane
5.Jerkey
6.good fresh Beef

And as a side I like a little Coke, Sprite or Orange Juice

Regards,

Jung

Människöpesten
12-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Red beans and rice, with kielbasa sausage. that stuff is. the. shit.

woohoo
12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
favorite dishes.....

2.Liquid Potato

Jung

Yeah liquid potatos are the best.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah liquid potatos are the best.

But truly it can be liquid anything. That is why it is my most favorite.

Regards,

Jung

wasabi622
12-26-2010, 11:44 AM
favorite dishes.....

1.Liquid Bread
2.Liquid Potato
3.Bacon
4.Liquid Sugarcane
5.Jerkey
6.good fresh Beef

And as a side I like a little Coke, Sprite or Orange Juice

Regards,

Jung

What's liquid bread? :blink:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
12-26-2010, 11:48 AM
What's liquid bread? :blink:

Put a little water and a loaf of bread in a blender, maybe add a few suppliments in and you have a great workout shake. You should try it sometime.

Regards,

Jung

P.S. just think about it for a moment and what bread is made out of.

wasabi622
12-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Put a little water and a loaf of bread in a blender, maybe add a few suppliments in and you have a great workout shake. You should try it sometime.

Regards,

Jung

P.S. just think about it for a moment and what bread is made out of.

Huh, that's an interesting idea. I always just drank my protein shake and then ate a sandwich or something. Your idea saves me the energy for chewing though! hahaa

I thought it was some sort of alcoholic beverage, knowing you. :p