PDA

View Full Version : harry potter

Ioku
07-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Any other harry potter fans excited about the next book :)

marik
07-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Any other harry potter fans excited about the next book :)

nope sorry!
(marik's conscience)
(hey Marik dont post anything useless!)
oops my conscience! LoL!
me im interested!:)

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Warning: Flame Alert....

Harry Potter is gay, get over it...

(no offense :p)

espire
07-01-2007, 12:22 PM

Harry Potter is only gay in comparison to Tolkien's works. Otherwise, it's a pretty good series.

Killian
07-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Not excited. Mildly curious maybe. I enjoy them but only as a casual reader not a fanatic. If J.K. Rowling was hit by a bus (*touch wood) and unable to finish the series there would be no love lost between us.

Deepwaters
07-01-2007, 12:31 PM

I know language changes, but I really can't stand that use of the word "gay" to mean "bad" or "lame." Harry's had at least two girlfriends and has never gone for guys in the whole series. He isn't gay. :p

Might have been an interesting story twist if he was. But he ain't.

aditya8617
07-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I know language changes, but I really can't stand that use of the word "gay" to mean "bad" or "lame." Harry's had at least two girlfriends and has never gone for guys in the whole series. He isn't gay. :p

Maybe in the 7th book someone will gay curse him! I would bet on Malfoy doing it.

Sauron
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Harry Potter is only gay in comparison to Tolkien's works.

I concur..:cool:

espire
07-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I didn't expect you at all, Sauron, but perfect timing with this thread :D

Unknown
07-10-2007, 05:19 AM
dont like Harry Potter!
sorry!
i like an action Movies!
like James Bond 007!
lol its old but its good!

Toc De Mac
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Yep, I'm excited!

:D

Boccob
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Not me. I only have my hardback copy of book 7 reserved on Amazon. And I'm absolutely not planning to hang out in the parking lot of my workplace to wait for the mailman to arrive on Saturday the 21st. Nope. Not me. :blink:

Edcognito
07-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Got me started reading fantasy & Science Fiction (I hate the use of "Sci-Fi"). Also in there are Michael Moorcock, Asimove, Heinlein, Herbert, etc., etc., etc . . . .

So I love well told stories, in that respect i'm REALLY looking forward to the 7th book. I'm actually going to the bookstore on the 20th to pick it up when i get off work at 2:00 a.m. - I know the manager, and he's told me that if everyone clears out before i get there (midnight opening, he's only staying until they move out the pre-orders that show up) he'll drop it off at the Hospital on his way by! :)

I've avoided any visits to ANY HP websites, because i don't want to have the surprise ruined for me! :)

Ed:cool:

P.S. - Nice to see you've returned Sauron! :)

E

Deepwaters
07-14-2007, 09:26 AM
GAlso in there are Michael Moorcock, Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, etc., etc., etc . . . .

Greg Bear, George R.R. Martin, Robin Hobb, David Brin, Neil Gaiman. Those are some of my favorites.

c-dawg777
07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Warning: Flame Alert....

(no offense :p)

Harry Potter can be as gay as he wants... I'm just waiting till Emma Watson (Hermione) turns eighteen.:blink:

lefty12357
07-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Bear, Benford, Brin, Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, and currently my favorite, Charles Sheffield. I also like reading old sci-fi, like Jules Verne.

Joey_adore_Jung
07-14-2007, 02:07 PM
My favorite author's would have to be, Lemony Snicket, Tolkien, Rowling, Christopher Paolini, and Brian Jacques, with Eoin Colfer. and what'ssname.

Edcognito
07-14-2007, 02:37 PM
My favorite author's would have to be, Lemony Snicket, Tolkien, Rowling, Christopher Paolini, and Brian Jacques, with Eoin Colfer. and what'ssname.

E. Moon, T. Pratchet, J. Ringo, D. Weber and Sam Harris. WAIT! How the HELL did S. Harris get in there?! :blink:

Ed:cool:

Tchaikovsky
06-20-2008, 03:03 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYjUWSfj7fE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYjUWSfj7fE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I rest my case...

TheBarrett
06-20-2008, 04:25 AM
YOU! The Ancient Post Necromancer! What vile sorcery have you committed upon this thread!

Tchaikovsky
06-20-2008, 04:32 AM
YOU! The Ancient Post Necromancer! What vile sorcery have you committed upon this thread!
Uhm..excuse me?

espire
06-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally excited for the final Harry Potter book.

MonteCristo
06-20-2008, 03:00 PM

REDWALL!!!

TheBarrett
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Favorite authors? I might get a bit of strange eyes...

J.R.R. Tolkien, Vladimir Nabokov, Aleister Crowley, Charles Dickens, L. Ron Hubbard (I hate his views, but I love his so called 'beliefs'), O'Henry, and of course, my favorite, Jules Verne.

tbailey
06-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Harry Potter is OVERRATED

sorry guys but i think the whole franchise is much ado about nothing :p

i'm more of a Matrix, Bourne, and Marvel/DC Comic franchise guy

ciarac77
06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Harry Potter is OVERRATED

sorry guys but i think the whole franchise is much ado about nothing :p

i'm more of a Matrix, Bourne, and Marvel/DC Comic franchise guy

Those aren't even remotely related to the Harry Potter series. Wtf?

Paulina
06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally excited for the final Harry Potter book.

I thought the final Harry Potter book was already released. But then again I wouldn't know, I've only seen the movies.:p

tbailey
06-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Those aren't even remotely related to the Harry Potter series. Wtf?

who said they had to be related?

i just listed the type of action/thriller type of movies that i like

i'm not the Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter type of guy

TheBarrett
06-20-2008, 06:08 PM
who said they had to be related?

i just listed the type of action/thriller type of movies that i like

i'm not the Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Harry Potter type of guy

Don't put Narnia/Harry Potter in the same sentence with Lord of the Rings, unless the sentence happens to go like this:

"Narnia and Harry Potter suck compared to Lord of the Rings."

Merci beaucoup, au revoir. :)