PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up?

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone else fed up that they are just making so many threads that are no sense or threads we already have?

As a matter of fact, i believe this is a no sense thread...
Anyone else fed up?

Deepwaters
07-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, Zack, this IS indeed another nonsense thread. :)

I'm more amused than fed up. I think the boiling craziness is one of the surest signs that Her Grace's return is very close indeed. It won't be long now.

Killian
07-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, guys, having come from other forums I release that "noobs" posting already existing threads can be annoying to senior members. I'll try to search to see if suspiciously common looking threads already exist before posting in them from now on.

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
lol yeah, but thats the nature of a message board, and here at Alizée America is no exception, however, even with repeat threads, posts, or nonsense, the community it usually together, which i really like about this Forum ;)

Killian
07-01-2007, 11:51 AM
That's good. I have been to forums where people are chased away with insults that you couldn't imagine beacause thay repost a common thread. I just don't enjoy places like that. It's easier to explain the problem to someone in a constructive and helpful manner, as this will ensure that they are less likely to repeat the problem. Shouting at them could lead to losing what could have been a valuable member.
Oh god, look at me I'm a speech again. I have gotta stop doing that. :p

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
^lol nah, a 4 line paragraph is hardly a speech... :p but its all good anyway

Killian
07-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Only because I stopped myself, that could have endied up as a 20 page short story. It's happened before. :p

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
^lol well its nothing new to the forums then ;) so no worries :D

nurvonic
07-01-2007, 12:00 PM
That's good. I have been to forums where people are chased away with insults that you couldn't imagine beacause thay repost a common thread. I just don't enjoy places like that. It's easier to explain the problem to someone in a constructive and helpful manner, as this will ensure that they are less likely to repeat the problem. Shouting at them could lead to losing what could have been a valuable member.
Oh god, look at me I'm a speech again. I have gotta stop doing that. :p

yeah, thats something we try to do here on the site. try to point them in the right direction if you notice its a similar thread, like post a link. that informs them and anybody else that theres already a thread made about that particular topic. mods can merge threads like that, but they happen so frequently that it becomes taxing and annoying, and plus we're not on all day every day. with new members comes similar threads being made, thats expected since we get new member everyday on the site.

espire
07-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I dunno, but I'm not completely for the "haven't you ever even heard of the search funtion?". I mean, imagine if you asked your friend what happened yesterday that eveybody was in panic, and he was like "dude, haven't you ever heard of newspapers? I don't have time for you, go away!"

Drake498
07-01-2007, 12:04 PM
^lol then that guy wouldnt be my friend, this is a 95% friendly most of the time Forum and the members here most always help each other, thats something to be valued in a message board and i'm glad to be a member or Alizée America :D

espire
07-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree entirely. People actually do take a little time to answer newbs' questions, and everybody is very friendly. I've said it before, but AA has something special to it, as it has just the right amount of people to make it a small community.

fsquared
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I intimated once that it felt a bit like we were all characters in an absurdist play (which would, of course, have to be entitled "Waiting for Lili" with apologies to Samuel Beckett :) ) having the same conversations over and over. The main difference is that we have new people coming in all the time to hold some of the same conversations. Since in some sense this welcoming/intake is a major raison d'etre of the forum, it's part of the fun to watch and participate in the new conversations about the same subjects. As Brad said recently, he holds some envy for those people who are right now experiencing the opportunity to discover Alizée from scratch.
Besides, otherwise you'd have to necro-post to toss in your thoughts an old conversation, right?

OGRE
07-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Anyone else fed up that they are just making so many threads that are no sense or threads we already have?

As a matter of fact, i believe this is a no sense thread...
Anyone else fed up?

J'en ai marre de Zack-Alizee Lover il est marre d'en avoir marre.

I'm sure that's not proper French, but I tried.

atra201
07-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm fed up with being fed up

espire
07-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Looks good to me, and my French correcter bot.

lefty12357
07-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Like Deepwaters said, I find it amusing rather than annoying. It gives all of us a chance to play two roles. First the noob who experiences the joy of something new, and then the teacher who gets to share their knowledge.

Watching new people discover Alizée is almost as enjoyable for me as when I first discovered these things for myself. And from time to time, I actually learn something I had missed when I was a noob.

I really like this forum, I feel a real sense of community here that includes all ages and nationalities.

Drake498
07-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I really like this forum, I feel a real sense of community here that includes all ages and nationalities.
Thats another thing that i love about the Forum too, we have ages as low as 13, and as old as in their 50's and literally people from all over the World, like I'm from Peru :D and plenty of people from France, Uk, etc... just look at the Country Where Im From thread, its amazing :D

Jess
07-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure why this or the 'banned members' thread is up, but let me be the first to apologies for any wrong doing I might have against me. I have never intentionally meant to offend anyone, even though I have to admit I have acted a bit harsh on some occasions. The truth is that I've been fighting for some time with my ex-girlfriend (glad it's over), and I can see it been reflected here. I certainly will not use this as an excuse, I take full responsibility for my actions and admit that I've been a bit of an ass sometimes. My most sincere apologies to all........ :o

aditya8617
07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure why this or the 'banned members' thread is up, but let me be the first to apologies for any wrong doing I might have against me. I have never intentionally meant to offend anyone, even though I have to admit I have acted a bit harsh on some occasions. The truth is that I've been fighting for some time with my ex-girlfriend (glad it's over), and I can see it been reflected here. I certainly will not use this as an excuse, I take full responsibility for my actions and admit that I've been a bit of an ass sometimes. My most sincere apologies to all........ :o

You didn't break up over Alizee, did you:p!

I thought people get fed up reading non sensible posts(mine for eg.) between sensible ones rather than the noob threads.

espire
07-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Jess, you've been great, don't worry! :D

fsquared
07-01-2007, 02:51 PM

I thought people get fed up reading non sensible posts(mine for eg.) between sensible ones rather than the noob threads.

Some guy on AF said he did break up over Alizée a while back. That sounds pretty unfortunate to me.

Drake498
07-01-2007, 05:19 PM
^sounds pretty lame... if his g/f would get that upset over Alizée, then shes the one that needs some time... :rolleyes: Some girls get jealous or whatever way to easily... :rolleyes:

garçoncanadien
07-01-2007, 08:31 PM

J'en ai marre de Zack, il en a marre d'en avoir marre ;)

Jess
07-01-2007, 08:58 PM

^sounds pretty lame... if his g/f would get that upset over Alizée, then shes the one that needs some time... :rolleyes: Some girls get jealous or whatever way to easily... :rolleyes:

It was one of her growing complains, she was very jealous and possesive towards the end. She started developing some kind of negative attitude too. I hate people that complain about everything, and see negative in everything. I had a very bad up-bringing but made the best out of it, I forced myself to be happy and have fun (because thats what I wanted). Therefore I have a difficult time getting along with people that make any excuse for why their not happy........

Drake498
07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
My mother is a very cynical person as well, nothing but complaining and negativity, its gotten better over the years, however it still brings the morale of the family down. I, myslef, also see the best in things, making the best of the cards you've been dealt and living life to its fullest. Additionally and thankfully, my g/f like Alizée too, albeit not as much i as adore her, however appreciates her as well, and that is fantastic :D

Jess
07-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Additionally and thankfully, my g/f like Alizée too, albeit not as much i as adore her, however appreciates her as well, and that is fantastic :D

"That is awesome Drake". I hope I can find someone that likes Alizée too, that would be very cool. :) That is my future plan anyways...... Not just for the sake of her liking what I like, but more to be able to share things and enjoy things together..... You know what I mean. ;)

marik
07-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Im Fed Up! to Alizée!:(