PDA

View Full Version : translations concersation ma priere

isabella
07-01-2007, 04:18 PM
i want to know what alizée's dady said at the beginning of the ma priere video.
and i want to know too what people are saying at the end of the video.
the video is in french and subtitles in spanish.
can somebody help me with a translation?

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qum0Wx2a8U

edit: i'm sorry the title is concersation but i mean conversation :P

espire
07-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I can understand it alright, but I can't translate it. I have a feeling that it's already been translated somewhere.

...and I really wanna meet Lili's dad! :p

isabella
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I have a feeling that it's already been translated somewhere.

i can't find it:confused:

isabella
07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I can understand it alright, but I can't translate it.

can you tell me only where the conversation goes about???

espire
07-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Okay, here goes. Poor formatting and poor translation. I'm sure there were some errors, but anyway...

At the beginning of the video, her dad is saying that he's very excited and very proud of her daughter. Alizée is a little nervous, but it'll go fine. She is grateful that her family was always there for her.

*Lili sings Ma Priere*
Hmm... I like that shirt. Great song, too! Check out some of Axelle Red's stuff.

Guy: congratulates Alizée on doing well.

Woman: compliments her on her singing ability, and different aspects of it. She was brave, and didn't have a problem.

Alizée: thanks them, and audience applauds.

Short haired guy: I have no idea what he was saying. You can understand why.

Alizée says that she had wanted to sing "Envole-Moi" by Jean-Jacques Goldman for the a cappella (they sang "Happy Day").

The interviewers are impressed by her choice. They ask her to sing a bit of it, and she does.

(Applause)

Alizée says something I don't understand, then the announcer says something I don't understand.

isabella
07-02-2007, 05:55 AM
ok thats enough for me.
thank you!:D

riva2model64
07-02-2007, 07:22 AM
thanks espire:) ! nice translation (invitation to do a lot more translations in the future) (jk)

garçoncanadien
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
its already done ;) this translation courtesy of backinblack and daydream. you can find it on http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/subtitles/Subtitles.rar . choose the Ma Priere rar file.

Cooney
07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Based on the English subtitled version, which has some rough patches, but is pretty solid:

Laurent Boyer: The "graine de chanteuse" titleholder, who won last month, which marked the fourth year of "graines de star," comes to us from Corsica. This is a first, she's putting her title on the line for the first time tonight here with us. Her name is Alizée, let's watch:

Joseph (Alizée's father): In your life, to sing like that, overnight, because, well, you're not used to it, it's true that it brings a lot of emotion and intensity, and, well, a lot of pride as well.

Alizée: So, I'm very shy, I don't have confidence in myself at all, and that's why I take singing and theater classes, to be onstage, to overcome my shyness.

J: My daughter has the quality maybe to succeed, because my daughter has a lot of character. And what's more, she looks like her mother.

A: So my family helps me a lot in this environment, in dancing, in singing, in theater; they're always there to help me, to push me.

J: My wife pushes singing with her, that I admit. What's more, she's the one who makes her rehearse at home when she doesn't go to singing class, but for me on my part, no, I deal more with the boy, who's passionate about football, which is more my domain.

A: Before going onstage, I'm really really afraid, I tremble, I'm all white. Once onstage, I let myself go, and I don't feel like leaving

L: Her name is Alizée, it's our "graine de chanteuse" titleholder; she has chosen "Ma prière" by Axelle Red. Alizée!

-Performance-

L: Alizée, "graine de chanteuse" titleholder, good evening princess... You were watching Larusso and you were saying, I may have some questions to ask her, take advantage of it, because Larusso is here.

Larusso: I'm here, I'm listening

A: So, what advise would you give me to succeed like you have?

Lar: You can't... I heard you say "I lack confidence in myself"... you especially can't lack confidence. The sun shines for everyone, and there's a place for all musical styles, and you will succeed if you persevere and if you believe and if you have faith in yourself, and, like me, I know that I always have my mom with me, so sometimes when I say I'm 20 years old and I have my mom, I'm like, that's a little corny, but I assure you it's not corny at all. Listen to your parents, and... I wish you many many good things because you deserve it.

A: Thank you

Lar: You're welcome

L: So, she wants to do musicals in addition, she dances, she sings, she acts, she does everything... incredible

F: Yes, that's good.

L: Kad and Olivier, same thing, your advice, give you advice to miss Alizée; I'm sure you'll inevitably have some very good advice.

O: You have to go to school, be to school on time, have good grades in math, French, geography, history, and from there you will possibly be able to consider a singing career like Larusso, but... the bac (highschool diploma)

Lar: I don't have it.

O: You don't have it? Very well, very well

Lar: No

O: Kad? Advice?

L: Advice from Kad?

K: No, I have no advice to give her, what do you want me to say, Laurent?

L: But he's the one who gave you, he's the one...

K: She sings very well, she's very cute, there you go.

L: But wait, it's not over yet, because I have asked her to do a little title a cappella... what have you chosen?

A: "Envole-moi" by Jean-Jacques Goldmann

L: Ah yes, so, then, respect, respect

K: Jean-Jacques Goldmann

L: Ah, Jean-Jacques... we miss him

(laughter... because Goldmann is not dead)

-performance-

L: Alizèe, come on, a little word for the Corsicans, we wish them a good evening

A: (In Corsican) Good evening to everyone

L: There we are, good evening to everyone. (View cuts to upcoming dance troop) Hey, what do I see there?

K: We're not at the swimming pool, no..

L: Now what does that mean?

L: Ok, they're ready, you suspect, "graines de danseurs." You didn't see them last month, because of the the four-year anniversary of the show, but that being said, tonight two groups are going to face off here. The first group comes to us from Albi, they come to us from Albi, they do tap-dancing, the group's name is Tip Tap, "graines de danseur!"

(view back to Alizée)

L: In a moment, you are going to welcome them...