PDA

View Full Version : Mylene Farmer

Matrix
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Is this woman talented or what? Myelene Farmer is extremely talented. The more I find out about her the more I like her. I discovered some videos of Mylene on youtube.com and here are the links...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPErx4Yvr0 Desenchantee This video removed from Youtube because of Copyright violations..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YTIehKBsrE some Striptease, good lookin

Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutenant are really arguably the force that drove the Alizee machine. Wasn't it their artistic talent that made Alizee?

Since Mylene Farmer is so talented.. how come she hasn't been a force in the entertainment industry in USA? USA is missing out on so many talented Europeans.

My eyes have opened up to the world outside USA.. since discovering Alizee. I look at the world differently now because of Alizee.

Merci Alizee :)

nurvonic
08-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Since Mylene Farmer is so talented.. how come she hasn't been a force in the entertainment industry in USA? USA is missing out on so many talented Europeans.

My eyes have opened up to the world outside USA.. since discovering Alizee. I look at the world differently now because of Alizee.

Merci Alizee :)

probably the same reason why Alizee isnt a force in the entertainment industry in the USA. it didnt attract her becuz of how big it is and how we have "sharks" that would rip her to shreds. she might have actually warned Alizee about staying away from the USA. if thats true, that BITCH! jk. and i know what u mean when u say u look at the world differently. i was thinking this country is the big dog on the block, but theres hundreds of other countries out there that have more to offer

Shep
08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Actually, if you think about it, most people famous in the US, musically, are usually from other countries.

U2 (Irish), The Killers (British), Michael Bublé (Canadian), Nobuo Uematsu (Japanese), Dave Matthews Band (South African), Oasis (British), R.E.M. (Another planet), and then there's Alizée (France-- DUH!). All of those are examples from my playlist. Ironically, most American artists annoy me now, that feeling came before I discovered Ali, however.

Mylene is okay but I just can't appreciate her music for some reason.

Shep
08-09-2006, 04:39 PM
probably the same reason why Alizee isnt a force in the entertainment industry in the USA. it didnt attract her becuz of how big it is and how we have "sharks" that would rip her to shreds. she might have actually warned Alizee about staying away from the USA. if thats true, that BITCH! jk. and i know what u mean when u say u look at the world differently. i was thinking this country is the big dog on the block, but theres hundreds of other countries out there that have more to offer

I think the only reason the American Entertainment Industry makes so much money is because we, geographically, are not offered alternatives. If a French guy doesn't like French music, he can check out the British or Spanish industry for alternatives. We aren't that blessed.

DJ_Greg
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Actually, if you think about it, most people famous in the US, musically, are usually from other countries.

U2 (Irish), The Killers (British), Michael Bublé (Canadian), Nobuo Uematsu (Japanese), Dave Matthews Band (South African), Oasis (British), R.E.M. (Another planet), and then there's Alizée (France-- DUH!). All of those are examples from my playlist. Ironically, most American artists annoy me now, that feeling came before I discovered Ali, however.

That's kind of a limited list. There are plenty of famous American musicians (including R.E.M., who are from Athens, Georgia).

Shep
08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
That's kind of a limited list. There are plenty of famous American musicians (including R.E.M., who are from Athens, Georgia).

Yeah, but that was just from my iTunes list. I know there are alot of good American artists, but that only makes up about 30% of the famous musicians in America.

And I listed REM as from another planet because they're freakin' loopy.

DJ_Greg
08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Haha, if you so say so. It's strange...even though I know they're from Athens, Michael Stipe still reminds me of a British vocalist.

R.E.M. is kinda hit-or-miss for me, especially the last few albums. I loved Automatic for the People, Document, even New Adventures in Hi-Fi. But I only like certain songs from the albums that have come out since then.

Shep
08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I think their best time was from their IRS days and few other songs from different albums, however specifics escape me at the moment.

aditya8617
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Can anyone suggest any new American Artists that are good? By new I would mean anyone after 2000.

acer
08-09-2006, 07:08 PM
could be because mylene looks like shes a well preserved 45 year old lady, not what i want to see prancing around on stage

DJ_Greg
08-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Can anyone suggest any new American Artists that are good? By new I would mean anyone after 2000.

What kind of music? I could talk about that subject all day, so you need to give me a little focus. :D

C-4
08-10-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm a session guitarist and also play in several bands. The music that I hear today is not what I call good music. Many of my fellow players from all over the world that I speak with daily, agree with me on this point. They are all fed up with shred, metal, and what is being offered as alternative listening music such as Ashley Simpson and others that fall into that group.

Luckily one of my European friends turned me on to Alizee and now I have begun, out of curiosity, to listen to other French singers. I actually like the music being sung in French better then the English versions as it sounds much better to me, even though I cannot understand the language.

After seeing Entertainment Tonight and similar shows, I am fed up with the BS I see being paraded as entertainment news. I want to see entertainment news from other countries and particularly, France.

It is just my opinion, but the USA has gotten way beyond the ridiculous in many ways. The crap they are trying to pawn off on the public leaves much to be desired. This country is being dumbed down and I cannot tolerate ignorance, or stupidity as is being portrayed on TV here anymore.

DJ_Greg
08-10-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm a session guitarist and also play in several bands. The music that I hear today is not what I call good music. Many of my fellow players from all over the world that I speak with daily, agree with me on this point. They are all fed up with shred, metal, and what is being offered as alternative listening music such as Ashley Simpson and others that fall into that group.

It is just my opinion, but the USA has gotten way beyond the ridiculous in many ways. The crap they are trying to pawn off on the public leaves much to be desired. This country is being dumbed down and I cannot tolerate ignorance, or stupidity as is being portrayed on TV here anymore.
Have you looked into the independent music scene? Commercial radio has always been crap, as far as I'm concerned. There's plenty of good music out there, but the most visible artists are those who appeal to a mass audience ("lowest common denominator").

I would suggest listening to college radio, or trying out a website like Pandora (www.pandora.com), which lets you build your own Internet radio station. They play a lot of indie or lesser-known artists, especially if that's how you build your station.

After seeing Entertainment Tonight and similar shows, I am fed up with the BS I see being paraded as entertainment news. I want to see entertainment news from other countries and particularly, France.
Sounds like the problem is watching entertainment news. As far as I'm concerned, entertainment should NOT be combined with news, because it's the quality of news that suffers. Again, I would suggest looking into alternative news sources. The only mainstream news station (that I know of) that still has any credibility is the BBC, and even they have been co-opted to some extent.

aFrenchie
08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I for one use this free little program:
http://www.screamer-radio.com/
There are many pre-defined radios from all over the world and it works very well. You can choose stations by genre, by network and by region/country. France is well covered if you're interested. You can record what's playing, etc (although you'll have to edit the mp3s to reassemble them because they're not cut at the right timing)

Merci Alizée
10-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Her new single A l’ombre will be available for download from 22nd October.

Euphoria
10-23-2012, 12:28 AM
If anyone wants it, PM me.