PDA

View Full Version : what was going on yesterday?

brad
07-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I see there were 354 people online at once yesterday? I wonder what was going on? Huge spike in traffic yesterday too for some reason.

I don't think it is related to the 4th of July is it?

marik
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
im OL yesterday but im idle so i dunno whats going on! maybe Shinmei know!

cause i saw her posting ! bunch!*cough*
*cough**cough* (cold now in Philippines!) *cough*

rcs
07-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Must have been something on TV or something, weird...:confused: But, good for Lili...:p

fsquared
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Maybe it was this whole "7 years since Moi...Lolita was released" thing along with the speculations that she would release something as a huge surprise on July 4.

JCC
07-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I see there were 354 people online at once yesterday? I wonder what was going on? Huge spike in traffic yesterday too for some reason.

I don't think it is related to the 4th of July is it?

Beats me...but thats cool! Also at one point, the AF also spiked. About 1900 users online - 1600 guests/350 members signed in. It was crazy!! i shouldve taken a screen shot...

Something stirring on France maybe?

brad
07-05-2007, 10:33 AM
yeah i was looking at the stats this morning, and my heart started pounding cause I thought I was going to come to the site and see that she is finally back

but she wasn't ... :(

RMJ
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Same thing as for AF. We had 800+ the other day. And 500+ couple days later.

Maybe more, if I missed the spike.

Fusoya
07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
wow , nice :S

Tye
07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
That's alot at one time.

chelsey
07-05-2007, 04:20 PM
that is alot at one time....wow...idk what was going on...i dont think it has to do with July 4th tho

RMJ
07-05-2007, 05:49 PM
And there's currently 200+ on the AF and going down, so I most likely missed the high spike.

brad
07-05-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah u guys need to turn on the bot filter still. but both sites are getting a lot more traffic recently. i wonder what could be causing it? i don't even see any new referrers or anything.

like yesterday, AF got 10,800 visits, and we got 8,500 visits. (both way higher than normal)

We normally get around 1800 visits a day (again a visit is a unique ip address).

kdn
07-05-2007, 11:32 PM
What kind of log/stats you guys are using? If it's Google Analytics then there is a referring sites report that might let's us know where the traffic come from.

Cooney
07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
One possiblity, though it probably doesn't account for everything there (especially not non-American visitors), is that with the day being a holiday in the USA, many more people were at home, and able to do things like surf the net.

Like I said, that hardly accounts for everything, but it could have been one factor among many.

RMJ
07-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Like I showed you then, someone is hitting these sites with IP range of thousands of IPs.

Unique IPs.

All those 800+ visitors came from unique IPs. And they were all the same time on the site. And it was only fraction of the IP range available for them.

espire
07-06-2007, 04:15 PM
RMJ, are you saying that it was only a certain range of IPs that was hitting?

OGRE
07-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds like some market (somewhere in the world) might have been exposed to our Lili (isn't this near the anniversary of Moi Lolita?). I'm guessing there was either some kind of TV blurb, or possibly a radio tribute.

Can anyone ID the region codes for those IPs. We might be able to narrow the market and look for the trigger?

fsquared
07-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds like some market (somewhere in the world) might have been exposed to our Lili (isn't this near the anniversary of Moi Lolita?). I'm guessing there was either some kind of TV blurb, or possibly a radio tribute.

Can anyone ID the region codes for those IPs. We might be able to narrow the market and look for the trigger?

July 4 was indeed the release anniversary for Moi...Lolita. Several people (e.g. Deepwaters and AF's Dragonfly (are they equal?)) promoted a "surprise release" theory for July 4. Some of the traffic may have been from that perhaps?

Also, someone at AFC was talking about the Moi...Lolita single from Julien. Perhaps that hit the news on July 4? Furthermore, someone talked about them playing the original on the radio over at AFC, but my French wasn't up to figuring out whether there *were* doing it or whether the person was anticipating that it might happen. If it was the former, then that could be another potential contribution.

Roman
07-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Holy crap! When she does return it's gonna take the site down!

I remember that Moi...Lolita anniversary thing. I was telling someone at work about it on Monday. If that's what generated more traffic, it seems "the people" are pretty receptive to suggestion.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a sticky "events" thread to go with the calendar where you could try to coordinate fan based activities. For example, another try at simultaneous "diggs" to up the Alizée visibility on the digg site. Or, direct people to a thread regarding the Mexican video for her birthday that I hear is in the works. Or, even that idea someone had to have everyone go to Circuit City on her birthday and get them to play the concert DVD to "supposedly" check out a big screen tv or something.

It would be really cool if you could do that as well as have a recent activity indicator for that and the news thread that would show up on the side of any forum page (currently blank and black on my screen) so that no one who visited at all would ever be unaware of activities and real news. Of course, I know the software for this forum can't do that, but it would be cool. (maybe at the top somewhere)