PDA

View Full Version : Thank you France! USA says, Merci

Matrix
08-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Thank you france for giving the usa the Statue of Liberty! It is a beautiful and inspiring gift! Merci :) Thank you france for helping us win our independence from Britain in the revolutionary war, without france, we never would have won the revolutionary war!

I'm glad Britain decided to leave the 13 colonies alone and say to hell with it... if Britain had decided to throw their entire military might at the american colonies... it would have been no contest. Thanks to King George for saying " to hell with them, leave the americans alone! "

Thanks to the french resistance the allies were able to turn back the Nazi tide during WW 2. The french resistance went into action as soon as Hitlers army invaded france! They were a pain in the side of germany during the entire occupation of france.

Many american and other allied crewmembers shot down over france were returned to england with help from the french resistance! Merci! :)

USA is grateful to France for being a friend in time of need. USA loves you!

aditya8617
08-10-2006, 11:25 PM
All this is fine and a good gesture but I don't quite get the reason why exactly are u thanking them?

But hey u forgot to thank them for producing Alizee and the awasome KO headbutt in the WC.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 07:35 AM
All this is fine and a good gesture but I don't quite get the reason why exactly are u thanking them?
Maybe for French Alizée fans who might end up here via Google? They'll be (positively) shocked by such a post on a US board. I'd say this one is a gem.

Anyway, thank you for your post Matrix. :cool:
And thanks to the USA for everything you did for us! :)

C-4
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
I as well would like to thank the French for their help as Matrix so aptly described above.
I would like to add that although I work day and night and hardly ever get to think about anything else, when a European friend of mine made me aware of Alizee, it not only opened up to me the most wonderful singer, with such talent and class, who happens to be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, but as a result of Alizee, I have begun to take a big interest in France.
I cannot thank Alizee enough for her inspiration, and for giving me someone to listen too that really makes me feel good, but also the French music culture for allowing me to find Jenifer Bartoli and other French artists.
I am looking forward to one day having the opportunity to visit France, and hopefully see the entire country, meet the French people and become even more immersed in all things French.

As far as differences in American politics and French politics, I really don't care what that difference is, as I have found out that no matter what any one person might think they can do, no one person in the general populace would be able to change anything for the better, so let the eliteists in American politics continue to do what they will do. I for one am going to be selfish in what I want to do and what I like. After I am gone, no one will think or care any differently. Why should I deny myself the luxury of indulging in a culture and people that I personally would like to know more about. I feel that I will become a more well-rounded person and maybe get some real culture in the process, that I would never get otherwise.

Also, through my personal actions and behavior, I might be able to change the minds of any French people that I encounter, to think that maybe some Americans are really regular people, and not part of the group known as "the ugly Americans" that are disliked so much by the world in general.
Stephen

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 08:06 AM
I am looking forward to one day having the opportunity to visit France, and hopefully see the entire country, meet the French people and become even more immersed in all things French.
I found this site very lately about an American couple who's still here in France after 6 unexpected years.
http://www.billandnancy.com/
It was a good (long) read. Maybe it could inspire you ;).

C-4
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
aFrenchie,
Thank you so much for referring me to that site about living on the barge.
I am reading it and it is almost like being there, but obviously, not quite like being there. hehe

Oh, how I wish I could win the lottery. I would gone so fast from Florida to France, that the sucking sound of me leaving would bring in a hurricane from the Caribbean.

Merci, aFrenchie
Stephen

Shep
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
It's only been up until recently that American and French politics have been at odds with each other. They helped us out in the American Revolution and I believe we returned the favor in WW2. They gave us the statue of liberty and I believe we returned the favor with the Oreo Cookie (at least I hope you guys have them over there. If not, that's an international injustice.)

The French gave us Alizée and what do we have in return? Britney and Christina? Yeah, sorry 'bout that, we'll try better in the future.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Oreo Cookie
What is it? Cookie, I get it but I never heard Oreo.

Shep
08-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Oh man, I was afraid of this. I heard a rumor that Europe doesn't have them.

Basically it's two small chocolate cookies with vanilla cream in the middle. Best mass produced cookie on the planet and I think it's a travishamockery that it isn't international yet! :mad:

aditya8617
08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Oreo tastes nice!

riva2model64
08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Oreo tastes nice!

Oreos are nice, esp. with milk, but as far as American mass-manufactured trash is concerned, i prefer the Famous Amos cookies, or those pecan cookies.

But hey! Don't look at me like I eat trash. We don't even have soda in the house.

aditya8617
08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
We must gift Alizee with Oreos for her birthday since she might not have tasted them!

riva2model64
08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
And then she'll say "this is the finest trash I have ever tasted! second only to this Famous Amos trash that this fine young boy gave me. . ."

Bob
08-12-2006, 02:44 AM
lol but i bet oreos arn't as disgusting as the things she brought back from japan for her funtv interview

bt_bird_90
08-12-2006, 05:44 AM
You poor, poor, soul.

...but I'd have to disagree with you guys, If I had a choice of food I'd send her a Double-Double from In-N-Out, the epitimy of the west coast burger.

RadioactiveMan
08-12-2006, 05:49 AM
If I was to send her food, it'd be an Iced Cappuccino from Tim Hortons because she's too hot. ;)

Bob
08-13-2006, 01:11 PM
i wonder if she likes smoothies....

Spartan500
08-13-2006, 01:18 PM
yes BT she would probably like in n outs burger they are good damn't now I'm gonna have to go get one

riva2model64
08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
har that was a good one radio. . .cause she's too hot i get it

who doesn't like smoothies?

but i wonder if she likes coffee. i'm a coffee lover myself. i would want to send her a coffee of the day from Caribou.

and speakin' of burgers, the Fuddrucker's is rumored to have the best burgers in town. i went there, they were pretty good but maybe not best. they give optional free crayons (for the children, but i took one anyway), and one of the colors is called "fuddruckin' red"

Bob
08-13-2006, 07:23 PM
im talkin bout real good smothies, like i have 2+ liters of smoothie a day, no soda for me =) i mean does she really like smoothie =)

Bob
08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
im talkin bout real good smothies, like i have 2+ liters of smoothie a day, no soda for me =) i mean does she really like smoothie =)