PDA

View Full Version : Alizée's lyrical quirks.

Shep
08-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I've been listening to some of her English titles and there are certain ways she says things that do something to me, I dunno what it is. For example, in "I'm not twenty" when she says "a light little stone" it's just incredibly cute and it makes me want to hug her.

Anyone else like this?

bt_bird_90
08-11-2006, 01:33 AM
I get exactly the same thing going when watching certain performances. Here's just a few of my favorites:

J'en Ai Marre - the part where she shrugs her shoulders and lets out a little squeak at "Y'a comme un hic"

I'm Not Twenty - nobody can pull of lyrics like "okey dokey!" and "boogie-woogie" but Alizée

Amélie m'a dit performed Live(words cannot describe how amazing this performance is, btw, my favorite) - the part where she sings "J'suis pas belle" which as far as I know translates into something like "I'm not pretty"... the crowd starts yelling at her, and she can't help but giving out a little laugh in her next line.

I'm Fed Up - At the verse that ends "I’m fed up with being fed up! Poor me !", uhuhhuh... those last two words give me chills

Honorable Mentions:
I'm Not Twenty - "Sing me a lullaby", does she know how dangerous that line can be on our poor impressionable little hearts!?

Amélie m'a dit performed Live - pretty much any line from this song, she puts a helluva lotta emotion into it and you can really hear her voice in it

this thread could go on for years, best to stop now while I'm relatively ahead...

aditya8617
08-11-2006, 02:11 AM
I'm Not Twenty - "Sing me a lullaby", does she know how dangerous that line can be on our poor impressionable little hearts!?

lol, so true!

dvtq
08-11-2006, 02:39 AM
look like here is very dangerous for Alizée , lol

Shep
08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Another example:

In the "I'm fed up!" video, I get the same feeling when she's sitting in the corner throwing the ball and when she's throwing the camera and then wipes away the view of the camera. Chillingly beautiful is an odd, but adequate way to say it.

pete2me
08-11-2006, 03:07 AM
I've been listening to some of her English titles and there are certain ways she says things that do something to me, I dunno what it is. For example, in "I'm not twenty" when she says "a light little stone" it's just incredibly cute and it makes me want to hug her.

Anyone else like this?
yes me, i luv it when she says
''A true Al Capone'' in the song youpidoo.

And also in the song Im Fed Up , whe she says '''
poor me''', when when she makes that sound, it drives me nut,

there so much more , but its hard to list then all, she so sweet, well i hope.

Shep
08-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Now that I think about it, the entire chorus of "I'm fed up" is just awesome. The entire song of "A contre-courant" as well.

nurvonic
08-11-2006, 04:26 AM
the english version of amelie, the lines "through the rainbow" and "hold on to ur sky" always gets to me

and JBG, i just love that whole song, how she sounds, the lyrics, the live performance, everything

rcs
08-11-2006, 06:28 AM
Another example:

In the "I'm fed up!" video, I get the same feeling when she's sitting in the corner throwing the ball and when she's throwing the camera and then wipes away the view of the camera. Chillingly beautiful is an odd, but adequate way to say it.

I definitely like the way she wipes the glass with the water streaming down it. I wanted to mention that in a forum before, but you beat me to it. I'll just say, I have to agree. :) Our girl is quite the artist.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey, that's a very interesting thread for me! Keep examples coming. I'm curious to know everything that makes you giggle because I surely pronounce English exactly like she does.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Amélie m'a dit performed Live(words cannot describe how amazing this performance is, btw, my favorite) - the part where she sings "J'suis pas belle" which as far as I know translates into something like "I'm not pretty"... the crowd starts yelling at her, and she can't help but giving out a little laugh in her next line.
At that very moment, she can read a "Tu es belle" message that someone in the crowd is waving like if they were replying "Yes you are!" :)

nurvonic
08-11-2006, 11:04 AM
in the english version, she sings "no im not im ugly". i think we would all beg to differ and scream "no ur not!"

7d7
08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
all i got to say is that this thread should be banned by the geneva convention as torture.

in fact they should ban this whole sight.:D

i must ad tho in the song "Im Fed up" english version when she sais im (Foamely ecstatic) and also in that song when she sais (i lazy round) the second time she kind of kinks her head.

i dont know what it is. one thing im shure of is that alot of french girls must really hate her.

nurvonic
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
not just french girls, but all girls all around the world. i was talking to a girl in malaysia, and she doesnt like her because "shes too pretty".

Shep
08-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, that's a very interesting thread for me! Keep examples coming. I'm curious to know everything that makes you giggle because I surely pronounce English exactly like she does.

She actually pronounces it very well in her music, haven't heard her speak it in everyday speech though. The way she pronounces words with "st" such as "strong" or "stone" it seems she puts more of her tongue in it than most people.

She speaks, or sings, english very well but she still has hints of her frenchness left in it that makes us wince with delight.

aFrenchie
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Ok thanks. I thought it was because a too heavy accent.
Tell me if it happen though, except for "stubborn" that I already know of (well for me she doesn't even say that).

Bob
08-11-2006, 04:50 PM
for me its in jen ai marrie when she sings Y'a comme un hic and her voice kinda sqeaks at the end of that sentince =)

Bob
08-11-2006, 04:54 PM
all i got to say is that this thread should be banned by the geneva convention as torture.

in fact they should ban this whole sight.
your saying they should ban alizee? or an i getting this wrong

nurvonic
08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
i think hes saying that they should ban the site becuz it drives all of us guys alizee crazy

bt_bird_90
08-11-2006, 05:06 PM
your saying they should ban alizee? or an i getting this wrong

I think he's being sarcastic, Alizée is teasing us so bad it's like torture, The Geneva Convention wrote the rules about torture in warfare. No worries 7d7, I got it.

...and if Bob is being sarcastic, that one flew right over my head and I feel like an ass.

aditya8617
08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Alizee is one disease I wouldn't want to be vaccinated against.

vctralca
08-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Umm disease..? i think its a gift :D, thinking about Alizée all day listening to her music, seeing at her photos, videos, dude what else can you ask for. And BTW those lyrical quirks in the english songs are kinda funny and cute , they drive me crazy especially the "poor me" in I'm fed up

PD. : It is just me or every thread turns to one with people praising Alizée one way or another :D

Spartan500
08-11-2006, 08:16 PM
she also has those little quirks when she performs

RadioactiveMan
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
PD. : It is just me or every thread turns to one with people praising Alizée one way or another :D
Half of the threads start that way and the other half end up that way. It's an okay system if you ask me.

bt_bird_90
08-11-2006, 09:10 PM
PD. : It is just me or every thread turns to one with people praising Alizée one way or another
Half of the threads start that way and the other half end up that way. It's an okay system if you ask me.

I agree, no complaints by me!

Matrix
08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Yep, im the same way Shep, the way Alizee pronounces words in english or french is just irresistable.

Her voice is amazing, it does something to us all. We all like her voice. Her voice is music to my ears whether she is singing or just talking.

Bob
08-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Yep, im the same way Shep, the way Alizee pronounces words in english or french is just irresistable.

Her voice is amazing, it does something to us all. We all like her voice. Her voice is music to my ears whether she is singing or just talking.

so very true matrix, so very true:p

rcs
08-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep! Her voice is a stress reliever. I like female artists these days to help me momentarily forget problems of the day. Alizee must be on my car stereo when I drive. My punk rock days were probably what got me all my speeding tickets in the past. Haven't had a ticket in awhile since Alizee started singing in my car! :D

P.S. I'm a safer driver now. I should get a discount on my insurance for being an Alizee fan.

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
lol rcs yeah alizee definitly lightens the mood and i think the only member who doesn't like her kind of music is afrenchie

aditya8617
08-12-2006, 02:23 PM
lol rcs yeah alizee definitly lightens the mood and i think the only member who doesn't like her kind of music is afrenchie

Go here http://www.moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=137&page=12

He is actually listining to Hey Amigo non-stop and he can't help it!

Alizee finally nailed him too!:p

Kenneth
08-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Anyone else like this?

Yeah you're right about that. It's very cute.

Only Alizee could make the english JVPA lyric work.

aFrenchie
08-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Alizee finally nailed him too!:p
hehe not yet (her music) but I must admit she's uncanny (spell?)

aFrenchie
08-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah you're right about that. It's very cute.

Only Alizee could make the english JVPA lyric work.
And a new victim in her net :D

Welcome Kenneth.

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 03:00 PM
lol a new victem whats up kenneth welcome to the forum

sidenote: is there a thread where new members can introduce themselves?

Kenneth
08-12-2006, 03:01 PM
And a new victim in her net :D

Welcome Kenneth.

Thanks. I've been struggling in her net for about a year.

Bob
08-12-2006, 06:10 PM
yea i doubt any other singer today or in history could pull off "okey-dokey" let alone "boogie-woogie"..

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah they would just come off to wierd but she just comes off as amazingly cute or whatever you guys think of her

Bob
08-12-2006, 06:25 PM
ya i think cute is a good word

RadioactiveMan
08-12-2006, 06:50 PM
yea i doubt any other singer today or in history could pull off "okey-dokey" let alone "boogie-woogie"..
I always wondered if she said that because whoever wrote the lyrics didn't know how weird those words are to an English speaking person or if they chose those words just to prove that she can make them work.

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 06:53 PM
they probably didn't know it sounded funny but in the end it all worked out for the best

Bob
08-12-2006, 06:55 PM
ya i was suprised when i first heard them, i also think they didnt know that the US really no longer uses those terms..

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 06:59 PM
but I always figured that they only made the english songs for england and not the US of A

Bob
08-12-2006, 09:00 PM
but I always figured that they only made the english songs for england and not the US of A

ya i suppose thats true.. but..i could be wrong.. but i dont think england uses those terms either anymore..

Spartan500
08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
oh yeah they are kind of wierd words but when she sings them or says them it sounds so cute

aditya8617
08-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Alizee-english is so awasome, I would like to learn it in my English class rather than that boring english that I have to do.

Bob
08-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Alizee-english is so awasome, I would like to learn it in my English class rather than that boring english that I have to do.
haha i want to take that as a major then for my homework have to watch alizee videos =):cool:

aditya8617
08-13-2006, 06:08 AM
haha i want to take that as a major then for my homework have to watch alizee videos =):cool:

That would mean I will always do my homework and never miss my class:D !

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:11 PM
i think we would all ace that class...cept spartan of course, he would be busy posting on a thread =P

Spartan500
08-13-2006, 02:17 PM
you post at more of a rapid threat then me and i can get most of my teachers do give me a fair grade lol but in all seriousness english is a hard subject

edit; i fixed it you happy now bob lol

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:22 PM
shush i dont wanna think about school... for me it starts in like 2 weeks! noooooooo =) then my posting will slow a lot

Spartan500
08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
lol that sucks mine doesn't start till mid september and even then my posts won't slow down

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
you post at more of a rapid threat then me and i can get most of my teachers do give me a fair grade lol but in all seriousness engliah is a hard subject
hahah i just noticed "engliah" it is a hard subject isnt it..especially to spell "english" =P

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
i bet ill go down to lke 20-30 posts a day instead of 55 =)

aFrenchie
08-17-2006, 09:32 AM
J'en Ai Marre - the part where she shrugs her shoulders and lets out a little squeak at "Y'a comme un hic"
http://alizee-gifs.skyblog.com/pics/441568332.gif

riva2model64
08-17-2006, 10:25 AM
that's the cutest squeak ever

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I love when she says
"Dans sa stratosphère" at loi et toi at En Concert. :wub:

Azereus
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I love how she says "Melon and water" in the english version of J'en Ai Marre. It just sounds so sexy to me. Of course every loves when she shrugs her shoulders and says "Y'a comme un hic".

marik
06-21-2007, 04:36 AM
mine is when she say okie dokie, i want Alizée kiss her!:p

oOMG i have really a crush on Alizée!:eek: :wub: