PDA

View Full Version : Song for Alizée

Killian
07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Okay, so I saw that Deepwaters dedicated a book to Alizée and wrote a poem. Umesh wrote a poem and Martin has his beautiful art. Many members, RMJ for example, dedicate many photoshop projects to her. Feeling left out, I decided to write a song for our "Dolphin Enchantress". It's my first song an is nothing special, but I did my best.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, as I am desperately trying to improve.

Here are the lyrics:

The Storm before the Calm

Verse
I’m sick and tired of all this waiting, The rumours flying, but nothing to believe in,
I’m fed up of waiting for you to return, For you to come back, bring a calm to this storm.
Because this storm is killing, this death comes painfully,
I feel my heart breaking in two, every day that I live without you.

Chorus
I can’t but wonder what will I see,
When all winds die down what will there be,
When the fog finally clears, what will remain?
Will my heart ever feel whole again?

Verse
I remember sharing all of your pain, Your happiness, your fear and your shame,
For all your sadness, I shed a tear, but when you laughed my skies were clear.
But now my heart is in distress, a lack of emotion, I feel a mess,
A barren wasteland, an empty place, so it will stay until I see your face.

Chorus

Verse
Sometimes when I feel alone, I think about you, and my spirits grow,
But now that, you are gone, I feel lost, nowhere to turn.
I lie awake on stormy nights, the wind blows through me deep inside,
And I feel something strange, As if the wind is calling your name

Chorus

Verse
The wind it calls out to me saying softly that I should be free
But still I remain alone, waiting for you in the rain and cold.
And I will wait forever more, my emotions will continue to pour,
Down on me along with the rain. Until finally I hear your voice again.

Chorus x2

And the chord structure is fairly basic, if anyone wants it just ask.

Anyway, without further ado, here it is.

(Brad, if this is in the wrong place feel free to move).

Deepwaters
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice sound, Killian. Is that you singing on the MP3?

Killian
07-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it is.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I love the sound of the guitar. ;)
This song is just great :D.

I hope you remember us when u get to be famous :D

isabella
07-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Great!Alizée must hear this:D ;)

espire
07-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Killian, the music and lyrics are great, but this criticism is not really so constructive, 'cause I just have a problem with male vocals, no matter what. I have very few male vocalists in my music library, and they're either funny or have the best voices you can find. So I guess all I could say is that you should have a girl sing it :p.

Remember, it's not against your voice. I just don't like listening to most men singing.

Killian
07-20-2007, 04:09 PM
That's okay Espire I understand. Alizée is the only female artist in my music collection and I have over 100 artists. But thanks, for the compliments.

Joey_adore_Jung
07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
well it's good to know that people on this forum do have musical talent i don't think i could ever do that. really cool.

Killian
07-20-2007, 04:22 PM
well it's good to know that people on this forum do have musical talent i don't think i could ever do that. really cool.

Thanks joey. Any chance anyone with a bit of know how could give me some hints about the lyrics, and how to improve them.

Moe
07-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Good job i like it...

Joey_adore_Jung
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks joey. Any chance anyone with a bit of know how could give me some hints about the lyrics, and how to improve them.

honestly i am no good with wordplay, because the Redneck i am the redneck i was yesterday, and the REdneck i am growing up to be is starting stand out then the somewhat nerdy Norway guy- on my mothers side is starting to fade. so sorry wish i could be more help.

lefty12357
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Great job, Killian ! Again, I really like the sound of your voice and I think the song is really good.

I think I know how you feel, when I wrote my song for Alizée, I felt that no matter what I did, it wouldn't measure up to her. Writing a song about Alizée is like attempting to climb Mount Everest. She's seems just too magnificent for our humble attempts.

But doing it anyway and sharing it with everyone is still gift I think Alizée would appreciate.

Killian
07-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I think I know how you feel, when I wrote my song for Alizée,

Thanks lefty. Would you be willing to share yours?

lefty12357
07-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Sure. I posted here some time ago but I don't remember where. Anyway, here is the song with video:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZG1-HDgwRNY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZG1-HDgwRNY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And just the song, along with 3 other songs I wrote can be heard here:

http://www.myspace.com/lefty12357

I really think you have a voice that can take you far, Killian.

Killian
07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow, just wow lefty, that was brilliant. How'd you record that? I just have garageband on my Dad's Mac and I can't even use that! I'd kill to be able to record like you. How long you been playing, because that is a beautiful song you wrote! I just got seriously put to shame here.

Joey_adore_Jung
07-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Lefty that is Wicked Awesome. Wow that is really neat i really like the song.

atra201
07-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I have no base of refference but hey i thought this song and lyrics were great

lefty12357
07-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Killian, don't EVER say that ! ! I don't feel that way at all. As a matter of fact, I would like to propose a collaboration. If I put together some music and put it in an MP3 file, would you be willing to take it and put vocals in it? Maybe another member here would volunteer to write lyrics. What do you think? Maybe another member here would then put it to video. I think it could be fun.

I really respect your work, Killian. I said earlier that I think you’d sound incredible in a pro studio and I meant it. I’ve been writing and playing for some years and I have a pretty nice studio, so that helps me a lot.

Some of my gear is on this thread:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=2066

Sauron
07-20-2007, 08:51 PM
superb Video & Song!

Killian
07-20-2007, 08:52 PM
^
Hey man, that sounds fun. We could send it to Alizée for her b-day :D. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Oh, and that is some collection. When I get back to Ireland I'll post mine. But it consists of a Fender Deluxe Player's Strat MIM, a Martin DRS :wub:, which I got for my b-day this year, some old Tanglewood acoustic, and an Epiphone SG which is trashed. I have a no brand practise amp, but my parents told me if I save up half of the money I can get a Fender Hot Rod or Blues Deluse for Christmas so fingers crossed. Oh, and yes I'm a fender fanboy ;).

Deepwaters
07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey, that does sound like a great idea. I'll volunteer to do lyrics if you want. By her birthday hopefully we should have some way to contact her other than this forum. :cool:

lefty12357
07-20-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm a Fender guy too. The natural finish Strat on the right in the pic is a 1973.

Well I'll try to get something started in the way of music. Hopefully someone will volunteer to write lyrics and do a video. Thanks for your interest. I'll keep you posted.

Edit: I didn't see your post at first Deepwaters. That sounds great ! Now we need a video volunteer.

Fusoya
07-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Really, I was impressed.
When I started the download I never imagined anything this good!
You got a talent there ;)

Martin
07-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Passionate singing Killian, I love it. Hope to hear more!

Joey_adore_Jung
07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Really, I was impressed.
When I started the download I never imagined anything this good!
You got a talent there ;)

makes you think wow the Alizée fan base is a smart or talented bunch, yea i have it on my playlist and spreading the talent out to my friends won of them asked who you were, your getting good reviews man.

Rev
07-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Hi Killian. This song is remarkably good for a first effort. Keep writing them and you'll grow naturally. And keep listening to your own songs, you'll get a sense of what you are trying to express and naturally hone your composing.

The only thought I can offer is that I kept expecting a shift in the music somewhere during the song. You were pouring so much emotion into it, I was waiting for a plateau or other shift in the melody.

Hope to hear more from you.

isabella
07-21-2007, 05:39 AM
We could send it to Alizée for her b-day . I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

yeah!must do this!
maybe you can send it to universal music?
on alizée's b-day i will make a special page on my site for one day.
may i put the 2 alizée songs? please let me know guys.

oh..when somebody have a pic/song/congratulations/video for her. i will put it too. let me know when you want.:)
(you can post it in the alizée b-day topic in off-topic)

Luverboi
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
WoW BOTH of your songs are really good... better then what i could do... even thoe i don't have anything to makes songs.... lol low on money atm... =/ but yea good luck on that song u guys r making would love to hear it sometime!

iolaus_uk
07-21-2007, 06:53 PM
both great songs
cant wait to hear you both on ya duet
keep em coming.
killian when yours first started it reminded me of a runrig track i used to love.

JCC
07-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey make a live video of this, complete w/alizee backgrounds...post it on YouTube.com.....Instant Classic!! Do it man! ..and maybe get Rocket to do some dancing in it :D

You'll be a star!!

Uméesha
07-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Okay, so I saw that Deepwaters dedicated a book to Alizée and wrote a poem. Umesh wrote a poem and Martin has his beautiful art. Many members, RMJ for example, dedicate many photoshop projects to her. Feeling left out, I decided to write a song for our "Dolphin Enchantress". It's my first song an is nothing special, but I did my best.

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, as I am desperately trying to improve.

Here are the lyrics:

killian nice song, really awesome..... guitar sounds good, its a mind blowing (melody) song with a chorus.... thank for sharing... i think its a first song for you? always first try is the best try killian, keep up the work and do lots of songs and musics....

marik
07-22-2007, 04:32 AM
awesome Killian! great song! keep it up! :)

French Fan
07-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow j'adore!!!
La musique est excellente et bien entraînante et les choeurs derrière ça le fait :cool:

Deepwaters
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Wow j'adore!!!
La musique est excellente et bien entraînante et les choeurs derrière ça le fait :cool:

"Wow I adore it!!!

The music is excellent and really swinging and the chorus at the end makes it :cool:"

(Merci pour l'exercise. :))

"entraînante" was a new word for me.

oO°TiNkErBeLL°Oo
07-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Je suis d'accord avec toi French Fan ;)
Congrats to Killian for this amazing song :eek:

thats amazazazing
07-23-2007, 05:43 AM

Here are the lyrics:

I was worried this was going be recorded with some horrid recording equipment, and have bad quality, TBH, but you surprised me :D

I liked the sound, not a fan of the lyrics though

all and all, nice sound

Deepwaters
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Just giving you guys an update. Lefty composed not one, but two songs, and he's a genius so they're great. ;) I've written lyrics for both of them, and Killian is finalizing the vocals and mixing. We should have them both ready to share very soon. :)

fsquared
07-30-2007, 08:28 PM

Here are the lyrics:

Killian,
Thanks for your contribution! I'm looking forward to hearing more from your collaboration with Deepwaters and lefty. Very impressive!

I like the lead guitar at the beginning; it kind of reminds me of old 80's New Order. The only minor suggestion I might have is regarding the placement of that lead guitar beat-wise relative to the rhythm guitar. It seems slightly off the beat. (Perhaps that is intentional).

Thanks again!

Killian
07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Killian,
Thanks for your contribution! I'm looking forward to hearing more from your collaboration with Deepwaters and lefty. Very impressive!

I like the lead guitar at the beginning; it kind of reminds me of old 80's New Order. The only minor suggestion I might have is regarding the placement of that lead guitar beat-wise relative to the rhythm guitar. It seems slightly off the beat. (Perhaps that is intentional).

Thanks again!

Actually that was lag :p

I don't know what happened but converting it from aiff to mp3 caused a weird lag in the lead. I couldn't fix it/figure it out, so I thought screw it.

Stringer
07-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow awsome song!

Chommpers
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I always wanted to comment on the song and say it was great, but didn't want ot revive a old topic... I guess I could of pm'd you hmm I don't always think to much lol. Anyway Killian I really enjoyed the song got it saved on my comp and the lyrics too even though I can understand you I just put it on a note pad so I could add your name and remeber who made it. It is really good I enjoy listening to it.

Deepwaters
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
All right, here are two new songs in honor of Her Grace, although we traveled a bit from the source of inspiration. Hope all of you like these.

Music by Lefty12357
Lyrics by Deepwaters
Singing by Killian

EVERY LIFE YOU LIVE

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mmyg2yh0yg

Every time I find you, it's the sunrise
After endless night
And the blinders fall off of my eyes
Oh! You shine so bright!
How did I ever forget you?
What a fool my heart!
But you can't cry now, I won't let you,
This is only just the start.
Once again we dance,
Once again we take this chance.

CHORUS
Every life you live
I am always there for you
Every dream you dream
You will find me there to make it true

I don't care how far away you are, love
My heart knows you're here.
You are always my lucky star, love
And you're always near.
Till I found you life blew right through me
With my heart asleep.
Now I can't stop holding you to me
Now I'm always yours to keep.
Oh! Oh! Here we go!
Can I stand this? I don't know!

CHORUS

Round and round on the wheel
My love is always for you
I can't believe how I feel,
When you take my heart and you keep it true to you!

CHORUS X 2

THE SIREN'S CALL

http://www.mediafire.com/?2e1mqi4j3tm

I spread my sails like wings
And I chase the siren's song
Where the tradewind sings
I have wandered for so long
That I can hardly say
How I could find my way
To shore.
I heard the siren's voice
And she drew me from my home.
There never was a choice
But to board my ship and roam
Longing to hear that sound
Nothing can hold me down
Any more.

CHORUS
And you just have to follow
When you hear the siren's call
Your old dreams go all hollow
And the house of cards it falls.
The songs you sang in the shallows
Don't mean anything at all,
And you just have to follow
When she calls.

The dolphins at my prow
Will they show me where to sail?
Will a lucky star allow
Me to fly before the gale
Into a perfect sea?
That's where she calls to me,
I know.
The bird up in the sky,
Does he hear the siren, too?
If I follow where he flies,
Will I find my way to you?
I guess the hardest part
Is to just trust my heart,
It's true.

CHORUS

Following a memory, you see.
The wind is singing melodies to me.
An echo in my ears
Has called to me for years,
What could I do but follow you?

CHORUS
(http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2e1mqi4j3tm)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Maybe if you upload it to Mediafire..... Megaupload is often gay...

Killian
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
The Siren's Call

http://www.mediafire.com/?ek0uysbzjuf

Every life You Live

http://www.mediafire.com/?f3itdnjqvgf

Deepwaters
07-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe if you upload it to Mediafire..... Megaupload is often gay...

Done. Post edited.

NarutoSoul
08-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Not bad. I prefer a more constant tone to the voice with less breathiness, but that's mostly the musical theatre director in me speaking. Also, the echos distract from your voice too much, instead of enhancing your vocals. I'd give it a 7.75/10. Better than I can do though, as I am a mere vocalist. I'll post my opinions on the other two when I find time to listen.

TheBarrett
08-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Hmm, very nice works mate.
Lefty i'm just trying to get my start in recording, i've been playing and cashing in on instruments for a long time but i'm stumped with recording.

Perhaps you might aid me in tutorial, or equipment, because i'm ol' stumpy MacGregor in this world o' recording. I've always been itching to record my own stuff and sharing it with anybody that seems interested enough, but I lack knowledge in this field.

On a lighter note:
I'm an IBANEZ man. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/images/smilies/headbang.gif

(And perhaps when I get recording skills, me and NS can finally continue on Jacotey's B.)

wmedia
08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Is it possible to download somewere the mp3 file of:
- The Siren's Call
- Every life You Live

The link over is to old...

lefty12357
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
These download links should work:

Every Life You Live (http://www.mediafire.com/?d1dzpditkyc)

The Sirens Call (http://www.mediafire.com/?0xjj0sdifyd)

Barrett, I don't know where to begin. My first love was always writing and recording music and I've done more of it than live playing. I was in a working band for a while, but I got tired of it. Live playing has its moments, but I'd rather just record.

I use a computer based system now. I am running Cakewalk Sonar Producer Edition V7 which is a MIDI sequencer and audio recorder combined. Since I have a number of keyboards and MIDI sound modules, along with my electric and acoustic instruments, it gives me the best of both worlds when recording. If you have an Apple, you may want to consider the program "Logic". These programs are complicated but they do a great job and are very powerful.

For sound editing of stereo files, I use Sony Soundforge V9. I use an Echo Layla 8 channel audio interface between my console and the computer. I could go on and on about microphones, monitors, etc. Maybe it would be better if you PM me about it so we don't bore everyone here with the details...:)