PDA

View Full Version : Experience selling books online?

Hylas1896
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Does anyone here have experience selling books online? If so, a few minutes of your input would be appreciated. I have about 15+ graduate level mathematics textbooks I want to sell, and I'm fairly convinced there would be a good market for most of them. Almost all have only minor shelf wear and sell for at least $40 new.

I am considering selling them on Amazon...

Hylas1896

PS A certain percentage of the resulting proceeds will be directed towards all things Alizée. :)

chrelion
07-23-2007, 09:59 PM
I use a different method when I want to get rid of books I've already read. It's called BookMooch. http://www.bookmooch.com
It is based on a points system. You give away books and, in return, get free books.
For every ten books you list as willing to give away, you get one point, which equals one book shipped from within your country. For every book you actually ship, you get a point. So, one book given = one free book you can receive.
For every book you acknowledge having received, you get 1/10th of a point. So, for every ten FREE books you confirm having received from other users you get a free book.
It adds up rather quickly. The cost to you is the shipping cost of books that others request from you.
All in all, it's proven to be a very nice system. For example, with it I've recieved:
Lolita, Books 3 - 9 (I think) of the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind and Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl. I've given away my fair share of books, too, but overall if I were to actually buy the books I've recieved I'd probably be spending over 100 dollars for something that, in total cost me maybe 20 all shipping costs mentioned.
So, it's a great way to get rid of books you don't want and get new ones for free. Also, you can get tax writeoffs if you decide to give your points to a charity.

Hylas1896
07-24-2007, 02:13 AM
I use a different method when I want to get rid of books I've already read. It's called BookMooch. http://www.bookmooch.com
It is based on a points system. You give away books and, in return, get free books.
For every ten books you list as willing to give away, you get one point, which equals one book shipped from within your country. For every book you actually ship, you get a point. So, one book given = one free book you can receive.

Thanks... :) But unfortunately I need money not books, and my books aren't earning interest, while my debts are. :( Soon though I will be making bank, or so I indoctrinate myself, ha ha.

Hylas1896