PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tells at YouTube to remove my Alizee videos

Matrix
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
People are sending me messages at my account on YouTube asking me to remove my Alizee videos for copryright infringement. It's just a few messages, it's not alot and YouTube has not asked me to yet.

I'm editing pre-made videos and inserting popular music into them... big deal. It's not like i'm uploading an entire Alizee en Concert DVD onto YouTube like some people are doing, rofl Or uploading complete Alizee music from her albums like tens of thousands of others are doing on YouTube.

When anyone uploads a video to YouTube they are asked by YouTube if you are sure this is content entirely made by you, then proceed with your upload.

Well, of course the content I upload is not 100% originally made by me. Nothing I upload is content that I personally created. YouTube would come down in one day if they removed all content not originally made by a user.

It's free advertising, I don't understand why the copyright police people are getting so upset about the content I put on there or the millions of others who do the same thing

YouTube is not like Napster was in the beginning.... or is it? If YouTube wants my videos removed then.... I am waiting for them to request that... until then I am leaving them up

Brad, what do you want me to do? I will take em all down at YouTube if you want.. since I linked most of my videos to this website. I don't want to get you in any trouble

brad
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
google just removed my alizee jpva remix video. it was there for over a year, and yesterday out of the blue i got an email saying it was removed for copyright infringement.

very weird ...

heyamigo
07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
hmm...maybe the lili camp is getting ready for her comeback by trying to get rid of all the old stuff? it would make sense for a image makeover...who knows...

espire
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
hmm...maybe the lili camp is getting ready for her comeback by trying to get rid of all the old stuff? it would make sense for a image makeover...who knows...

While I don't agree that it's to changer her image, I agree that it could be Mercury. It would make sense, if her new album is coming out soon, because once lots more people get into Lili, Mercury will want them to spend as much money as possible on the old albums and videos too.

Blade
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't think it's specifically Alizee videos that YouTube wants removed.

Their lawyers are wanting ALL copyrighted material removed.

Matrix
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Okay I removed all my Alizee videos from YouTube.... except for the three videos of her that are just picture slideshow videos that have been up for about a year.

Might as well delete all my posts in the Video section where I posted the links to YouTube, lol cuz they are gone

I do have the originals on my hard drive at least, they cant get those! lol :)

Joey_adore_Jung
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
that is screwed up we have, if i am correct, every right to upload videos on there, google or Youtube, and other sites like that.

OGRE
07-25-2007, 06:11 PM
that is screwed up we have, if i am correct, every right to upload videos on there, google or Youtube, and other sites like that.

If material is copyrighted, the owners of the copyright generally have the rights to how, when, and where the material is made available.

You have the right to upload videos in which you own the copyright. You do not have the right to upload material for which you do not own the copyright, or for which you have not been granted rights by the copyright holder to do so. Many copyright holders do not enforce their rights in YouTube instances because they recognize the medium can actually help sales. However, it's up to the copyright holder whether they allow it or not.

There are "fair use" exceptions, where material is used for educational purposes (properly cited) and for certain forms of free speech (e.g., use of liknesses for parody).

IANAL.

Tye
07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
This is sad. I understand why it was done, but youtube was a good place for the videos. A lot of people are on youtube, and this meant that more people could discover Lili.

Killian
07-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Well, there was no official complaint. You have no reason to remove your videos until you receive one. So I say leave them up there.

marik
07-26-2007, 12:00 AM
preety bad! y is there a problem?
i think someone requested that
maybe........

atra201
07-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Alizee doesn't mind your vids
why should youtube care ?
i say leave 'em

Uméesha
07-26-2007, 02:08 AM
People are sending me messages at my account on YouTube asking me to remove my Alizee videos for copryright infringement. It's just a few messages, it's not alot and YouTube has not asked me to yet.

Did youtube authorities asked you to delete the vidoes which is copyright infringement or the people who are the members of youtube has messaged you? if the member has sent you the message dont delete them.... if youtube authorities warns you, delete the videos!

I'm editing pre-made videos and inserting popular music into them... big deal. It's not like i'm uploading an entire Alizee en Concert DVD onto YouTube like some people are doing, rofl Or uploading complete Alizee music from her albums like tens of thousands of others are doing on YouTube.

Well, of course the content I upload is not 100% originally made by me. Nothing I upload is content that I personally created. YouTube would come down in one day if they removed all content not originally made by a user.

It's free advertising, I don't understand why the copyright police people are getting so upset about the content I put on there or the millions of others who do the same thing

editing in sense the video should be purely of alizee videos and alizee songs not other songs which is clubed into on video... some time they warn for that too, remixing other songs to alizee video....

When anyone uploads a video to YouTube they are asked by YouTube if you are sure this is content entirely made by you, then proceed with your upload.

Youtube asks that "if you are sure this content is entirelymade by you" in sense this is said whether the video is captured by yourself either by hanycam, camrecorder etc... the contents you can upload, but some times the authorities will watch the video whether the video is copyrighted or it is unauthorised videos....

YouTube is not like Napster was in the beginning.... or is it? If YouTube wants my videos removed then.... I am waiting for them to request that... until then I am leaving them up

since Youtube videos is one of the most commonly visiting video website the act does a lot... they are improving a lot, they look for some unauthorised videos.....

i too have uploaded a video in metacafe named Alizee-Hip Hop... the metacafe authorities sent an E-mail to remove the video but not the members of the metacafe, so i removed it for the site!

Gatchaman
07-26-2007, 02:58 AM
So far all of the Alizee videos I've upload haven't been taken down.

marik
07-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Youtube down!(jk) but what if all the recent vids are gone?
the news fans would find a vid about her and if they cant find? what would we do? and also what if the singles and albums of her are out of stock?
Youtube must accept the vids! :(

Zack -Alizee Lover-
07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
So far all of the Alizee videos I've upload haven't been taken down.

I still have my video.... :blink:

spaceli0n
07-26-2007, 07:03 AM
youtube dont really care normally i dont think, but they will have the corporate giants breathing down their necks wanting them to remove it all with a team of lawyers rdy.

OGRE
07-26-2007, 02:15 PM

If the person sending the message cannot establish their authority to enforce a copyright, I would recommend ignoring the request; don't even respond to it.

Let me give a hardcopy example. Let's say I'm at a copy machine copying a book. A stumbling drunk comes into the copy store, walks up to me and says..."Stop copying the book sonny boy. You're violating the copyright". I can just keep on copying. Next, a businessman in a nice suit walks up to me and says.."Stop copying the book, you are violating the copyright". Again, he has no authority. I just keep copying.

Now, the owner (or employee) of the store where I am copying the material walks up to me and asks "Are you allowed to copy that material". If I don't have a good verifiable answer, the owner of the store is within their rights to request I cease copying the material. This would be similar to YouTube asking you to either provide certification that you are not infringing copyright, or remove the material.

Lastly, if someone with the legal authority of the book's publisher walks up to me and requests I cease copying the material, I will either need to provide reasonable proof that I am within my rights to make copy (e.g., copying for research paper), or I should cease copying or risk civil (and possibly criminal) action. Even in this instance, the legal authority would not be able to FORCE me to stop.

Normally, the legal authority prefers to go through the service provider (YouTube in this instance) because if a service provider is notified material is infringing on a copyright, and the provider does nothing, the provider can be held liable for damages.

Bottom Line: All those messages you're getting are anywhere from the proverbial drunk to the GQ Business king. They have ZERO AUTHORITY in this matter. A message from YouTube (verify it) or the publisher (again, verified), on the other hand, should be headed.

Note that this is one reason cease and desist message come via registered or certified mail. Anyone can pretend to be Mr. Big Shot via anonymous email. A hard copy mailing on business letterhead, and undersigned identified as lawyer representing the copyright holder is pretty much good authority; if it's not, you have a fraud action.

IANAL

Matrix
07-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Okay... I just flagged all the heavily viewed Alizee videos at YouTube as inappropriate due to Terms of Use Violation. I even flagged that two million viewed Alizee video on there... should be down by the end of today. If my videos gotta come down.. then I'm taking down every single Alizee video at YouTube....

Let's play hardball

Most of you are missing the point... I had uploaded a little over 30 Alizee edited videos. It's the quantity. Remember the authorities sued the heavy abusers of Napster music downloads, not the random abuser. I had to take em all down... call it a gut feeling but I had a feeling I was gonna get in trouble so down they all came

Deepwaters
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Matrix, it occurs to me that the objection might not be to the Alizée-related video footage so much as to the copyrighted songs you use along with them, from other artists. Test for this: Do you have non-Alizée clips on YouTube that you have not been asked to take down?

Rev
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Okay... I just flagged all the heavily viewed Alizee videos at YouTube as inappropriate due to Terms of Use Violation. I even flagged that two million viewed Alizee video on there... should be down by the end of today. If my videos gotta come down.. then I'm taking down every single Alizee video at YouTube....

Let's play hardball

Why? :confused:

What purpose are you serving?

Killian
07-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Matrix, that seems harsh. I mean how will you feel if youtube do remove all the videos? Many people, who may have become die hard fans, will now never discover her. Youtube was where I first discovered her, the 2 million + viewed J'en Ai Marre video to be precise. Demanding other videos be removed is taking away the joys others may have in discovering her.

Joey_adore_Jung
07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
^Well the good people are the ones who are telling him to take it down it's their own fault if htey get Youtube involved so the loving fans have ben proved to be not so loving.

Rocket
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Does this mean that we have to delete all the videos in our forum? :(

Tye
07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Matrix, that was a low blow and a little childish. Remember this isn't about you, this is about spreading the word about Lili. Since you may have directly caused the removal of all her videos from youtube (which is highly trafficed everyday) you have made it harder for people to discover Lili. The thing to do was to not remove your videos. Until you receive warning from the copyright holder you did not have to take down any of your videos. They warn you before they take action, and the only warning that really means anything is one from the copyright owners. Since I doubt the record company contacted you, you had nothing to worry about. Youtube would have removed the videos themself if they had been contacted by the copyright holders. Since they didn't remove your videos, then once again I say, you shouldn't have removed your videos. Next time take the time to think about what your doing.

atra201
08-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Does this mean that we have to delete all the videos in our forum? :(

i sure hope not

OGRE
08-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Unless Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie get stuck in a trash compactor on the Death Star, there is no need to "shut them all down".

Rev
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Unless Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie get stuck in a trash compactor on the Death Star, there is no need to "shut them all down".

[the following is a general example only]

Or... somebody yells at you. Now, you're mad. Will you yell at the next person you meet?

Watch yourself, the answer to this question may surprise you.
OH, I'm sorry. You're right. They deserved to be yelled at.

panzerkiller
08-04-2007, 01:53 PM
and I just made a group where everyone could discuss alizee,this stinks

thats amazazazing
08-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Let's play hardball

Most of you are missing the point... I had uploaded a little over 30 Alizee edited videos. It's the quantity. Remember the authorities sued the heavy abusers of Napster music downloads, not the random abuser. I had to take em all down... call it a gut feeling but I had a feeling I was gonna get in trouble so down they all came

quit crying, jesus.

Claudé
08-05-2007, 09:08 PM
well i have a similar problem everywhere ... youtube , dailymotion , livevideo ... there is something fishy going around here :blink:

Unknown
08-06-2007, 06:09 AM
and I just made a group where everyone could discuss alizee,this stinks

great and Matrix do your vids remove?:confused: i hope not!

rcs
08-06-2007, 07:16 AM
I can honestly say, if it weren't for Youtube Alizee vids, I'd probably wouldn't have discovered her. Some of the hard to find Lili vids are still on Youtube.

panzerkiller
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
great and Matrix do your vids remove?:confused: i hope not!
yes,matrix closed his account and deleted all of his videos

Tye
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
He should have waited it out. Youtube's warnings are not substantial. If you ignore Youtube's warnings they just remove the videos themselves. They never contact the company holding the rights, because that could potentialy involve Youtube in a case. The only warnings that yould follow immediately are actual warnings from the copyright holder. Since his warning was from youtube, he should have just waited a little longer and let them remove the videos.

rwd716
09-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Wow, I guess i never read this all the way cause it was kinda obvious (to me) that it'd resolve itself. I didn't think peeps would wanna take it this far. Luckily, there's still plenty of Lili on YouTube and other sites. But I think that's pretty retarded to wanna flag all her vids on youtube. Boo! You get a /slap from me, Trix.

Roman
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
As far as "people" requesting that videos be removed, I can imagine it being someone who already has a popular video of the same thing out there. Remember that guy who did Johann Pachelbel's Canon on the guitar? He ended up in the news and all over the place because his YouTube video had millions of views. So, if those millions had been split up amongst several copies of that video (which also has happened with him to some extent) then it might have been more difficult to detect just how popular he really was. And, you wouldn't be able to do screen shots of such amazing numbers for TV shows. But yeah, if you take all of the Alizée videos put together, I'm sure there are many millions of views, favorites, comments, etc. The way Alizée's popularity is to be measured might better be by the number of hits found on her name. As for copyright questions, I don't know.
One tip for all the rest of the "fans" out here: please do not freak out and start doing destructive things! That's all.

Justin
09-28-2007, 02:37 PM
yes,matrix closed his account and deleted all of his videos

matrix didnt close his videos out. this is him isnt it?

http://youtube.com/user/Matrix5060

SilentFox
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM

so he closes all the other videos? wow

Capn
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
thats his goodbye I suppose mmm good song he added and i suppose it fits his mood

Edcognito
09-29-2007, 10:57 PM
thats his goodbye I suppose mmm good song he added and i suppose it fits his mood

Dam - he's good at that! Its too bad he had such a hard time dealing with reality..........

Ed:cool:

panzerkiller
09-30-2007, 02:06 AM

maybe,his last account was NanoTeknix,so it leaves me wondering because he should be able to re-open his account

rcs
09-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Dam - he's good at that! Its too bad he had such a hard time dealing with reality..........

Ed:cool:

Yeah, it's really strange how he parted from this forum. We both joined this site about the same time. We've had our share of banned members, but he gave up on Alizee just by her looks. He's the first to publicly announce on this forum that he was giving up on Lili.:(

Rev
09-30-2007, 05:06 AM
He was stuck in a fantasy world. When reality crashed in he couldn't cope.

Sir Wood
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah, reality bites and some folks just can't deal with that fact of life.

Pour vous Matrix...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-blbjN3og0I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-blbjN3og0I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>