PDA

View Full Version : Just lost my normal life!

Keyman009
08-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Oh my god my life as I knew it has ended.

This girl is absolutely stunning.

All my years I have been obsessed with deep, dark brown eyes and their ability to paralyze me.

Although I have met many girls with pretty brown eyes, only a few reached in and touched what felt like my soul. My current wife (similar in looks to Alizee but with blonde hair) captured my soul 21 years ago.

I used to beg her to let me look into her eyes for hours!

Casually looking through youtube videos, I came across one of Alizee's. It was not the best quality but with her, it didn't need to be!

Needless to say, I began searching for more and found plenty.

Now my case is hopeless! I feel 16 again, Alizee is perfection. I have dreamed of this girl long before she was alive. It is just unbeleivable that she exists in reality.

It physically hurts to look at Alizee, her beauty overpowers me. I could stare into her eyes for enternity.

I had a fairly normal life before seeing her but fear it will be no more. I will never look at another girl without thinking "Alizee is better".

For those of you that are not American, I am sure that you will find this somewhat offensive and/or arogant, but for god's sake get that girl to come to America! She could be the next Maddona only better!

I used to think Brittany Spears was hot, Jessica Simpson hotter! While beautiful, they are but dim stars who's light pales in comparison to Alizee.

How can someone be so perfect? How is this possible?

Of all the videos I have seen, my favorite is not a music video. It is the Stars a Domicile video where she meets Jessica. I have never even thought it would have been possible but I think that had she walked into the store and started singing to me the way she sang to Jessica I would have fell to the ground and died of heart failure.

How am I going to get my life back now? How do I stop thinking about her? At the moment is doesn't seem possible.

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:12 AM
haha it happens to all of us,does your wife know about alizee? =)

Spartan500
08-13-2006, 02:14 AM
lol good read your wife sounds hot lol and welcome to the forum and 16 is an awesome age right dvtq lol congrats on catching the alizee diesease if thats how you spell it lol

Serathis
08-13-2006, 02:15 AM
yeah i guess it does happen to all of us i feel the exact same way

Keyman009
08-13-2006, 02:27 AM
haha it happens to all of us,does your wife know about alizee? =)

My wife knows for sure! I am under such a spell that I felt compelled to tell her, I just couldn't hold it in.

Not to mention the fact that I have been playing every single video I can find of Alizee over and over, and she is now my desktop wallpaper on my laptop.

Jesus this is painfull!

bt_bird_90
08-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Welcome to our world. I'm totally honest it when I say that Alizée has the same effect on most of the people here. I could have stopped reading your post by the third line and knew what you were going to say. Take a peek at some older threads, pretty much everything you said has been said before. She is truely something extraordinary. It only gets worse my friend, but enjoy!

God, that question runs through my mind day and night. It's just rediculous, sometimes I wish I could find a flaw and just get over her, but it's just not possible.

Urb4n
08-13-2006, 02:37 AM
You gotta wonder, is it a case of hardcore fandom that passes in time or a truly beautiful but futile crush of the heart? If the latter is so, an investigation is in order, no?

- Urb4n out.

Bob
08-13-2006, 02:53 AM
lol sounds just like me... except i dont have a wife.... =)

RadioactiveMan
08-13-2006, 02:59 AM
A number of people have used this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence) to describe the effect. The article says that it can last months or years.

Bob
08-13-2006, 03:01 AM
i would just call her a magnet

Keyman009
08-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Well Bob,

Unless I backoff a little... I may be in the same situation. So far all my wife has really complained about is that Alizee is my laptop wallpaper.

I am in the IT field and she knows I take it everywhere I go and everyone will see what I have for a desktop!

Keyman009
08-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Radio,

I read that article. But I whole heartedly expect no reciprocity on her behalf.

I have no delusions that there could ever be a me and Alizee.

I can only hope that after a while I can get back to a normal life.

Bob
08-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Well Bob,

Unless I backoff a little... I may be in the same situation. So far all my wife has really complained about is that Alizee is my laptop wallpaper.

I am in the IT field and she knows I take it everywhere I go and everyone will see what I have for a desktop!

dont fight the feelings man =) let alizee thoughts swim throught your body...wow did i really say that? am i turning into a hippie?:eek:

Kenneth
08-13-2006, 04:20 AM
dont fight the feelings man =) let alizee thoughts swim throught your body...wow did i really say that? am i turning into a hippie?:eek:

Haha, meditate on Alizee and let the feelings rise up the spinal column and make your chakras spin really fast.

Bob
08-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Haha, meditate on Alizee and let the feelings rise up the spinal column and make your chakras spin really fast.
lol i think ive been meditating on alizee ever since i first saw her, meditating is where you only focus on one thing right =):p

rcs
08-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Only time will help relieve heartache. Alizee isn't a problem, your daily consumption of her videos, songs, and pics are the only way to cope. Face it, this must happen. Everyone here is gonna take you down with us. Don't bother making any plans for the next few months/years. Oh, and if you thought you could just shut your PC off, forget it. You need to stay in tune with the site because we are all awaiting her new single to be released next month. So you're screwed...which is a good thing.:D

Kenneth
08-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Radio,

I read that article. But I whole heartedly expect no reciprocity on her behalf.

I have no delusions that there could ever be a me and Alizee.

I can only hope that after a while I can get back to a normal life.

Screw normal.:D

Kenneth
08-13-2006, 05:27 AM
lol i think ive been meditating on alizee ever since i first saw her, meditating is where you only focus on one thing right =):p

Yeah I'm not obsessing. I'm meditating, working on my enlightenment.

aditya8617
08-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Yes, Alizee is a super powerful magnet and we are all iron files that line up completely hyptonized under her influence.

riva2model64
08-13-2006, 11:25 AM
or maybe, Alizée is the sun that shines brightly and keeps us alive

Bob
08-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah I'm not obsessing. I'm meditating, working on my enlightenment.
yea of course thats what ive been doing the whole time.. what did you think i was doing?:p

Serathis
08-13-2006, 06:58 PM
or maybe, Alizée is the sun that shines brightly and keeps us alive

haha good one but that probably is true

bozieboz
08-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Not to mention the fact that I have been playing every single video I can find of Alizee over and over, and she is now my desktop wallpaper on my laptop.

Heh... I've been there!! In my case I made another fan site (not meant to step on Brad's toes) and downloaded 15gb of Alizée's material.

I even learned how to make the correct 'é' for her name.

Now THAT my friend... is hooked.

However, I can now get a full nights sleep again. It's a good thing too... was beginning to suffer from sleep deprivation.

-Boz

bt_bird_90
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I even learned how to make the correct 'é' for her name.

Does anyone else just copy and paste from the "Alizée America" title at the top of the page like me?

bozieboz
08-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Does anyone else just copy and paste from the "Alizée America" title at the top of the page like me?

SHAME ON YOU!!!

Hold down the 'Alt' key. Type 130 on your number pad. Release the 'Alt' key.

Ta-da! You now have an é!!

-Boz

aFrenchie
08-13-2006, 08:54 PM

I have the "é" on my keyboard ("2" key) :D:
http://www.sew-lexicon.com/AZERTY%20keyboard.htm

Maybe you should try Alt and 0233. Type 0233 on your numpad and without releasing Alt (and do type the "0")
(not sure it'll work on a qwerty though)

bt_bird_90
08-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Oh, I've known HOW to do it, just copy and paste is so much easier :D

aFrenchie
08-13-2006, 09:04 PM
SHAME ON YOU!!!

Hold down the 'Alt' key. Type 130 on your number pad. Release the 'Alt' key.

Ta-da! You now have an é!!

-Boz
Oops, 130 is better indeed (both 0233 and 130 work on mine)

Spartan500
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
BT i do the same even though i know how to do it to

Bob
08-13-2006, 10:32 PM
éééééé yay i dont have to copy paste now

DJ_Greg
08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Oops, 130 is better indeed (both 0233 and 130 work on mine)

Hmm...none of those seem to work for me. Maybe because I'm using Firefox?

Bob
08-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmm...none of those seem to work for me. Maybe because I'm using Firefox?

it should be your computer not your browser, what system are you running, windows? mac?

RadioactiveMan
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
It works on Firefox, but make sure that you're using the numpad.

Bob
08-13-2006, 10:59 PM
It works on Firefox, but make sure that you're using the numpad.

ya that could also be a problem =P

DJ_Greg
08-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm using windows. I found the problem, though. NumLock needs to be off, not on. I was using the numpad, but I had NumLock on. Now it works...

é ¿

aditya8617
08-14-2006, 07:02 AM
I'm using windows. I found the problem, though. NumLock needs to be off, not on. I was using the numpad, but I had NumLock on. Now it works...

é ¿

It always turns about to be something stupidly trivial :D .

aFrenchie
08-14-2006, 07:47 AM

é ¿It works in both cases for me (on and off) except if Firefox has the focus indeed. Looks like Firefox defined some shortcuts on those key combinations with the numpad on. Try both in Notepad for example, or in anything else...

vctralca
08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Like many times said in these forum : Welcome to the club!! We all know how u feel an if u think u cant get ride of her well u actually u cant, so u have to live with that how is that??

Well for me there is no problem in my keyboard i have this we called the "tilde" so i can easily type Alizée , this symbol means that you have to put more emphasis on that vocal letter like á é í ó ú éééé´eá

C-4
08-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Alizeé! Hey it works! Thanks, everyone!

Bob
08-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Alizeé! Hey it works! Thanks, everyone!

haha nope, its alizée not alizeé:p

aditya8617
08-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Here is my first proper spelling of her name! Alizée Désolé ! Only 0233 works on mine.

Spartan500
08-15-2006, 01:44 AM
hey aditya this probably sounds stupid but whats Désolé ?

Bob
08-15-2006, 03:03 AM
hey aditya this probably sounds stupid but whats Désolé ?

same here, but what is it?

aFrenchie
08-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Désolé = sorry

aFrenchie
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
haha nope, its alizée not alizeé:p
Yep, the "é" is always before the (feminine) "e"

Spartan500
08-15-2006, 10:25 AM
oh cool thanks afrenchie I was wondering what that was

riva2model64
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
ye, thank i no know what that was either

Bob
08-15-2006, 12:21 PM
gracias afrenchie

garçoncanadien
02-02-2007, 10:17 PM

shhh it's a business secret only Don aFrenchie and Alizée know the answer ;);)

jk. I felt exactly the same way. I know how you feel, I wrote a poem in my signature to vent some of those emotions so I don't check myself into a ward or something.

JCC
02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
You need to stay in tune with the site because we are all awaiting her new single to be released next month. So you're screwed...which is a good thing.:D

WAIT!!..Stop the PRESSES!! :eek: Alizee's new single is coming out next month? Is this real or just rumor? *Sits up at attention!!*

LiquidC
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
WAIT!!..Stop the PRESSES!! :eek: Alizee's new single is coming out next month? Is this real or just rumor? *Sits up at attention!!*

You quoted a post from 2006 and now its 2007 so I would guess it is sadly only a rumor. :(

Alizée revien nous bientot !!
(for english noobs, it means come back to us soon)

JCC
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
You quoted a post from 2006 and now its 2007 so I would guess it is sadly only a rumor. :(

Alizée revien nous bientot !!
(for english noobs, it means come back to us soon)

OH..my bad :( I didn't look at when that was posted. *Sinks back down into chair*

atra201
02-03-2007, 12:06 AM
patience is a virtue

bt_bird_90
02-03-2007, 12:12 AM
the squeaky wheel gets the greese

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-03-2007, 12:42 AM
patience is a virtue

For me patience can go to hell :mad:

RadioactiveMan
02-03-2007, 12:44 AM
the squeaky wheel gets the greese

The early bird gets the worm.

atra201
02-03-2007, 12:46 AM
The early bird gets the worm.

good thing i'm not a bird otherwise i would eat a worm and yuk!

aditya8617
02-03-2007, 04:22 AM
For me patience can go to hell :mad:

I am with you on this one.:D

Roman
02-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Oh my god my life as I knew it has ended.I know what you mean man. :blink: I suppose I've had a crush on certain celebrities before, (Rachael Leigh Cook, for example, ay yii yii!), but somehow Alizée seems to surpass all previous records for time spent on fan sites, etc. For one thing, she has the great videos and music we can watch endlessly and spend endless amounts of time trying to download. I can't imagine ever getting tired of seeing that J'en ai marre video. At first it was like, hey, damn, that was sexy, but more and more over the last couple of months...can't finish the thought. What was I saying? Anyway, I can certainly classify that as the sexiest thing I've ever seen (won't say how old I am, except old enough to know). That voice, that face, that body, that demeanor... :wub: just when you thought women couldn't get any better...
If I had found out about Alizée years ago, I might have gone to France for her concert in 2004. Ok, that's really pushing the boundaries of reality for me, but maybe it could have happened.

Roman
02-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Only time will help relieve heartache. ... You need to stay in tune with the site because we are all awaiting her new single to be released next month. So you're screwed...which is a good thing.:D
Though it does leave scars.
I am almost glad in a way that I only found out about Alizee in December, because now I won't have to wait as long for the new stuff. Of course, I think finding out in 2000 would have been better. Besides the obvious, I would be able to speak French better by now.

Où est Alizée?
Alizée dans mon coeur.
Was that right?

Well, bozie, I haven't slept well in years. I guess I'm just screwed.

Roman
02-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Maybe you should try Alt and 0233. Type 0233 on your numpad and without releasing Alt (and do type the "0")
(not sure it'll work on a qwerty though)

Crap! Thanks aFrenchie, I have been using MS Word because you can insert all kinds of characters. I saw the code in decimal, but didn't know I had to type in the zéro as well. I was getting Θ and confusion:confused: . AHHH :eek: COOL! :D :p
Oh, and yes, since 130 works it looks like I need to download that ASCII/ANSI UTF whatever it is code table, then tape it to my wall.
é É ê œ ç à

Roman
02-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Well for me there is no problem in my keyboard i have this we called the "tilde" so i can easily type Alizée , this symbol means that you have to put more emphasis on that vocal letter like á é í ó ú éééé´eá I thought in French it just means to pronounce an e like 'ay' rather than 'uh'. Furthermore, I don't know about French, but in Spanish a tilde is ~, as in España. Does that just generally refer to a modification mark? No matter, I'll figure that out soon enough.

Roman
02-05-2007, 01:53 AM
Unfortunately Alizée's new album/single is a bit like vaporware. "Soon" has been rumored for several months back, at least.

Should I post again in quick succession just to be real dork?:p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-05-2007, 02:06 AM
thats not tilde roman

Roman
02-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Ok, never mind, I guess I'm all screwed up. Took Spanish in high school, don't remember much.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-05-2007, 02:13 AM
spanish from spain??? or Mexican spanish?

Roman
02-05-2007, 02:16 AM
spanish from spain??? or Mexican spanish?Neither, both. It wasn't that specific, but considering I live in California, there's quite a Mexican influence here, so

Roman
02-05-2007, 02:44 AM
thats not tilde roman
Ok, I shouldn't have backed down so easily. All I'm going to say is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_accent

---
Don't mess with me, you'll end up face down!

(sorry, I couldn't resist:p )

bt_bird_90
02-05-2007, 02:58 AM
you both are wrong, the proper term is "little squiggly thing"

Matrix
02-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Lol Keyman, I know what you mean, you never get your life back. Alizee has captured all our hearts and there is nothing you can do but just go along for the ride and be thankful you discovered someone as talented and pretty and friendly as Alizee.

Alizee is one of a kind that's for sure. When I first discovered her by watching and hearing a video of her on the internet, I had to do a double-take. Like who is this girl? Wow! OMG.. who is this?! Where has she been all my life! lol :)

Alizee is extraordinary, she has it all.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-05-2007, 03:09 AM
:o matrix back!

aditya8617
02-05-2007, 03:36 AM
:o matrix back!

No, Matrix Reloaded!:p

Oh_Snap!
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh my god my life as I knew it has ended.

This girl is absolutely stunning.

All my years I have been obsessed with deep, dark brown eyes and their ability to paralyze me.

Although I have met many girls .......<snip the rest>

I had to double check to make sure I didn't write this. Because you summed it for me pretty much dead on.

madraven
02-06-2007, 03:50 PM
you both are wrong, the proper term is "little squiggly thing"
lol, that's awesome, and oh so true. :p

I <3 Zombies
02-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I've got a question... Is it possible to develop limmerence towards another person while still being in love with them?
For example, can a person love someone in the fact that they care for nothing more than thier personal well being and happiness, yet still be limmerent towards them?

aditya8617
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I've got a question... Is it possible to develop limmerence towards another person while still being in love with them?
For example, can a person love someone in the fact that they care for nothing more than thier personal well being and happiness, yet still be limmerent towards them?

I suppose so.
limmerence? What does that mean?

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
A number of people have used this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence) to describe the effect. The article says that it can last months or years.

thats limerence

General Patton
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
To think that some guy took his time to write all that stuff about Limerance...

atra201
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
everybody develops limerence at some point
the question is can you step out of it and can you make happen less frequent than all other lovers???

C-4
02-07-2007, 10:39 AM
I laugh every time someone new comes onto the forum and finds out what we have all known about Alizée all this time.

On Monday night, my wife and I were watching Entertainment Tonight, and Extra, which follows ET. They were talking about Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica and Ashley Simpson, and some other "celebreties" and how they have influenced young American teens, mostly in a bad way.

I thought immediately of how Alizée has such a great public image, how she conducts herself as a lady should, and how she is the definition of pure class, and perfection in every way. To me, there is no one else worthy of being a fan of. As for the look of these Amercian trashy women, they actually look ugly to me after Alizée. I was never really attracted to them or took any interest in them, but upon closer consideration, now they all just seem so insignificant to me with how they are conducting themselves.

Since Alizée, I have not bothered even being interested in anyone else's music. All of my other interests center around France and anything connected with it. I am thankful to Alizée for sparking my interest in France and for giving me the first excitment I have felt about anyone or their music since Beatle-mania.

It was definitely worth the wait!

Blade
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Very well said C-4.

BTW: Do you have a C4 Corvette?

aditya8617
02-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Since Alizée, I have not bothered even being interested in anyone else's music. All of my other interests center around France and anything connected with it. I am thankful to Alizée for sparking my interest in France and for giving me the first excitment I have felt about anyone or their music since Beatle-mania.

ok, so I am not alone who feels like that. Glad to know others feel like that too.

C-4
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Very well said C-4.

BTW: Do you have a C4 Corvette?

No, unfortunately, I had a band called C-4, after the miltary explosive, Centrex 4.
I like the name "C-4" for a band as it is easy to remember and very commercial sounding.
But thanks for asking. :)
Stephen

atra201
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
i'm only interrested in Alizee

SupaKrupa
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica and Ashley Simpson

I used to think some of them were hot... and I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you've said.

lefty12357
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I also have to agree with most of what’s been said here, but Alizée is in a class all by herself. I also think Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson are in a class all by themselves (a sorry one at that), and they should not be considered representative of all American celebrities.

There are a number of female performers from the US and Canada, as well as the rest of the world that have class and are dignified and deserve to be respected. We shouldn’t forget them, and we shouldn’t waste so much time on the Britney Spears types. It’s a shame the entertainment media gives the bad ones so much coverage.

bt_bird_90
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I also have to agree with most of what’s been said here, but Alizée is in a class all by herself. I also think Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica and Ashlee Simpson are in a class all by themselves (a sorry one at that), and they should not be considered representative of all American celebrities.

There are a number of female performers from the US and Canada, as well as the rest of the world that have class and are dignified and deserve to be respected. We shouldn’t forget them, and we shouldn’t waste so much time on the Britney Spears types. It’s a shame the entertainment media gives the bad ones so much coverage... and the general public continues to just eat it up.

I added my own 1.4303 Algerian Dinars.

CFHollister
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I laugh every time someone new comes onto the forum and finds out what we have all known about Alizée all this time.

On Monday night, my wife and I were watching Entertainment Tonight, and Extra, which follows ET. They were talking about Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica and Ashley Simpson, and some other "celebreties" and how they have influenced young American teens, mostly in a bad way.

I thought immediately of how Alizée has such a great public image, how she conducts herself as a lady should, and how she is the definition of pure class, and perfection in every way. To me, there is no one else worthy of being a fan of. As for the look of these Amercian trashy women, they actually look ugly to me after Alizée. I was never really attracted to them or took any interest in them, but upon closer consideration, now they all just seem so insignificant to me with how they are conducting themselves.

Amen to that.

atra201
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
everybody here just lost his normal life???
well i just lost my whole life.

aditya8617
02-08-2007, 02:51 AM
everybody here just lost his normal life???

:blink: How did everybody lose his life?

atra201
02-08-2007, 03:00 AM
:blink: How did everybody lose his life?

i don't know how did you loose your life hence the question mark?

Roman
02-22-2007, 02:56 AM
Ok, looks like this thread is dead, but since it was on my computer when I started it up tonight, having just returned from being in India the past couple of weeks, I'll add my 87 paise to the conversation...

I've got a question...
Well, now that I went to http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Limerence and know what the hell limerence is, I think, yes, I have heard of situations where a person has continued being amazed by and perhaps limerent toward a person they are in a love relationship (like marriage) with. However, I think there is little point is suggesting the possibility of being in love with someone if you think you are also limerent toward that person if you have no actual relationship with the person.

Perhaps the web site should be renamed the Alizée Limerence Society (or ALS.net for short). ALS? Sounds like a psychological syndrome to me.:wub:

Roman
02-22-2007, 03:20 AM
[listening to Moi Lolita] haven't had any Alizée in 16 days, I think I'm going to cry... Oh my God, I must really have ALS.

Well, they played part of that song in the movie "A Good Year" with Russel Crow (which I watched on the plane earlier today/yesterday/when ever that was). If you are into les Français, it's a good movie about lost love and found love in the French country side.

atra201
02-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok, looks like this thread is dead

not just this thread every thread i participate in dies
i don't know why but it happens all the time

rwd716
02-23-2007, 02:11 AM
^^^^^^^^
Pwnd!

Scripp
02-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Another one falls under Alizee's spell...

I haven't introduced Alizee to any of my guy freinds that haven't fallen completely for her and became obsessed with her also.

Once you see her face and hear her voice you are captured.

No one can escape...

heh.

Sir Wood
02-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok, looks like this thread is dead, but since it was on my computer when I started it up tonight, having just returned from being in India the past couple of weeks, I'll add my 87 paise to the conversation...

Well, now that I went to http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Limerence and know what the hell limerence is, I think, yes, I have heard of situations where a person has continued being amazed by and perhaps limerent toward a person they are in a love relationship (like marriage) with. However, I think there is little point is suggesting the possibility of being in love with someone if you think you are also limerent toward that person if you have no actual relationship with the person.

Perhaps the web site should be renamed the Alizée Limerence Society (or ALS.net for short). ALS? Sounds like a psychological syndrome to me.:wub:
Ahhhh, the classic limerence diagnosis. Welcome to the club. :p

DesertFox
02-24-2007, 03:53 PM
In my own experience what Ali really means is stunning normality. Dont get angry at me just yet, let me explain. We are all used to hear good looking singers and see them perform a certain way, they look "made" or "unreal". Ali es perhaps the most stunning perfomer i have ever seen because:

1.- She REALLY sings great.
2.- She doesnt have that slutty look which is now a days a "must" in almost all female singers.
3.- Shes has CLASS...tons of it, you can have all the looks in the world, but to have CLASS is another matter, its special.
4.- Shes SEXY. Mix that with CLASS and you get a bomb shell.
5.- Shes smart. I have seen lots of interviews and she doesnt laugh like and idiot for every joke they say to her...hence to say shes honest like hell...Dr. House even.
6.- Shes innocent in a childish kind of way (hope she still is).
7.- Shes doesnt take crap out of nobody. She has Corse blood in her, that says it all.
8.- Shes confident and knows what she wants.

I could go on forever but i have to say that you dont get much singers and perfomers with many of the said atributes. Thanks.

Did you know that SuperModel Laetitia Casta and Napoleon is and was from Corsica?

Paz y ya...

Scripp
02-24-2007, 03:55 PM
You can sum that up to one word.

Alizee has:

CLASS

DesertFox
02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
You got it Scripp, CLASS says it all...:)

atra201
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
absolutely true
and DesertFox plz don't call her Ali, i'll be confused and think you're talking about me.

DesertFox
02-25-2007, 12:18 AM
No problem Atra. By the way, we should come up with a special nickname for her from our FanClub...any ideas??? how about...youre the most gorgeous, smart and inteligent women ever!... thats to much i know...ok, lets keep it at Alizee.

Handshake by the way. :) Peace of mind is a must.

Edcognito
02-25-2007, 12:22 AM
I know what you mean man. :blink:
...snippage...

What was I saying? Anyway, I can certainly classify that as the sexiest thing I've ever seen (won't say how old I am, except old enough to know). That voice, that face, that body, that demeanor... :wub: just when you thought women couldn't get any better...
...snippage...

Dude - your 31, says so in your sig! :P

Ed

Edcognito
02-25-2007, 12:27 AM

DAM! SINCE Beatle-mania?? OMG! Your as "developed" as i am! Maybe even BETTER! :)

Ed

Roman
02-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Dude - your 31, says so in your sig! :P

Ed
Oh, yeah:blink: , I just added that yesterday or the day before. figured what the hell, let people get a better sense of who's out there.

SupaKrupa
02-25-2007, 05:43 AM
8 - Confidence. I especially love this aspect of her. Oh so confident.

Edcognito
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
8 - Confidence. I especially love this aspect of her. Oh so confident.

Which "She" would probably find very funny - as "She" mentions very often how shy she is! :)

Ed

rwd716
02-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Which "She" would probably find very funny - as "She" mentions very often how shy she is! :)

Ed

I think she made great strides to outgrow her shyness but that's jmo.

SupaKrupa
02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
She's just being modest... :)

badog7
02-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Alizee shy? mais oui!
I was watching Brad's compilation vid yesterday and noticed that in the 100 year anniversaire of Le Tour de France- where she dances Mylene's steps in combination to Vingt pas Ans- she at first shows that fantastic seemingly confident smile then looks nervous.
But wouldn't you be knowing you were about to show all those cameras -including national TV- what you 'had for breakfast'? Ooh lala! Sure she wore a 'ficelle' but really, is this the behaviour of a 'good' girl, unlike Brittney et al? Its Mylene's popstar prescription all over again..Alizee definitely looked on edge- just watch it..its only momentary..
I've often wondered if these sorts of demands led to the break with B & G..and left her with only one obvious creative outlet..childbirth!
Reflechir a!

atra201
02-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Alizee shy? mais oui!
I was watching Brad's compilation vid yesterday and noticed that in the 100 year anniversaire of Le Tour de France- where she dances Mylene's steps in combination to Vingt pas Ans- she at first shows that fantastic seemingly confident smile then looks nervous.
But wouldn't you be knowing you were about to show all those cameras -including national TV- what you 'had for breakfast'? Ooh lala! Sure she wore a 'ficelle' but really, is this the behaviour of a 'good' girl, unlike Brittney et al? Its Mylene's popstar prescription all over again..Alizee definitely looked on edge- just watch it..its only momentary..
I've often wondered if these sorts of demands led to the break with B & G..and left her with only one obvious creative outlet..childbirth!
Reflechir a!

Quoi? :confused:

badog7
02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Im just suggesting that perceiving Alizee as entirely good is a bad thing because it de-humanises her-she is no saint- she eloped from her french fans and subsequently, from that one act-all of us. She had her reasons which have been speculated upon but it is not the "betrayal' that is of concern its the lack of communication with her fans-her reason d'etre as a pop star..:(
Im also suggesting that comparing Alizee with other pop-stars is pointless-not because she is 'perfect' compared to them (I dont think anyone is!) but because they are different from other cultures and cope with their fame/notoriety according to their personality. Basically who cares about most of them..because they have no real talent to sustain their careers. Mention has also been made in these forums of some of her late 2003 performances being below par- i saw one tonight- on the german top of the Pops doing JEAM- she is distracted and not concentrating- there are other examples of this..like the repetition was getting to her or something...in the end she retreated, whether because of the lack of sales (were alizee sales affected by the massive downloading via napster back then?:confused: ) or because of her desire for a family instead of a career..only she knows for sure > and shes not telling us.:eek:
Being a popstar does make unreasonable demands upon the individual and I think we see a glimpse of that underlying concern in these performances. Its to Alizee's credit that it is only momentary. :cool:

Roman
03-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Alizee shy? mais oui!...
Im just suggesting...
Once again, badog waxing eloquent! Very well said.

First of all, yes, that JPVA video is, I think, the second I ever saw of Alizée. I didn't have much of an opinion formed at that time, I just knew that wow I liked the looks of that. It was a while before I even heard the song because the YouTube poster put some crap song over the slow motion video of Lizi (why has no one else ever used that nickname, it seems kind of obvious to me) doing "the move". It is the paradox of male/female relationship. We all (ok, some of us) want a "good girl", but at the same time we want a woman to do that kind of thing.
Secondly, I think I know which JEAM video you are talking about. To be honest, she was not always a "perfect" performer, but I can certainly forgive that. It just made me concerned with what must have been going on in her life and pointed out how difficult it must be to do these performances. It's not like she's just not that talented. The awesome performances she gave when she was really into it have brought all of us here. The worst thing about the less than best performances was just that the best were so so good one wants to always have that.
I have noticed her looking kind of shy, when she was not in the act of actually giving the "performance" usually. However, she "displays" confidence in spite of it. There is a British interview/profile video that said that Alizée said she does not like to think too far ahead because she's afraid of being disappointed. She doesn't live one day at a time, but still, likes to take it slow and 'we'll see'. I think with all the videos, interviews, and the decisions she has made, we can see that Alizée is definitely no Mylène. They are two different kinds of people. I think Alizée is intelligent enough to realize that part of the appeal is her good looks and the phenomenon of the persona. Maybe she didn't really feel like allowing that persona to take her over. I think/hope she also realizes that while Mylène would have picked someone in any case, it was Alizée's obvious talent and her own drive toward stardom that made it happen for her.
To get to one other point you were making, though. One point of being a star - you can't do it without the fans. Those of us who give our attention make it happen, thus a big star is best loved when they have an amicable relationship with their public. I would like to stress that it does not have to be like other personal relationships. I think a star can/probably should still have a separate personal life (paparazzi/trash mags not withstanding), but "the public" is made up of people too who desire communication and recognition like in any relationship. I'll never be a rabid fan (dedicated), though. Fortunately there are enough of those to "keep the dream alive". If I like Alizée's future performances/music, that's enough for me.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Ill guess when(if she ever does) she comes back and after she is gone again, we are goin to want more, and i dont want that happen to me,imho.

rcs
03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Do like Alizee and just live in the moment. Appreciate whatever she gives us. :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
03-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I do appreciate what she gave us, and waiting her to come back!

marik
07-01-2007, 08:58 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:and Alizée has a stress right?(syllables?) back to topic my life change everything! Log in here! and post reated to her and listen to her musics and watch her videos! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

im fell in love to Alizée!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::wub::wub::wub::wu b::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Drake498
07-01-2007, 11:28 AM
^Really into the old threads marik? ok, i'll play ;)
--------------------
Since Alizée life has changed, not drastically like finding god or something like that but life seems much happier, i can manage stress better and just float away to peace or mind in her music, i know all the words to the songs and listen to her nonstop either in the car or at night, i have posters and CDs and stickers... all that stuff and i love just seeing her smile, it brightens any situation. i'm on here all the time, prolly like 10 times a day, and have fun and tend to enjoy life just that much better :D

espire
07-01-2007, 12:21 PM
My sister's starting to get worried... Her brother's obsessed with this singer! And she's... female? Such naughtiness! Gasp!

Deepwaters
07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
What is this "normal life" of which you speak? I'm sure I've never had one. Why would anyone want one? ;)

Discovering Alizée has put my decidedly abnormal life back on track, though. :cool:

Fall
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
What is this "normal life" of which you speak? I'm sure I've never had one. Why would anyone want one? ;)

yeah, screw normal :D

I was never really normal but I dont think I'll be the same. I was quite the Europhile long before i found out about Alizée, but i didnt focus on France until i found her. And boy am i glad i did. Now i plan to live in Europe someday, preferably France, or maybe Spain cause i have family there. In Italy too but its too far from France. This lovely lady has changed the course of my future! :o:):D:wub::o:):D:wub:

wasabi622
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Europhile! yes! that, i am too.

a while ago, I flipped out over those... darn attractive all American blond chicks.. :wub:
but now, ima leaning more towards them European ladies. :D

GOD i wanna go to Europe!!

TheBarrett
09-23-2009, 12:57 AM
yeah, screw normal :D

I was never really normal but I dont think I'll be the same. I was quite the Europhile long before i found out about Alizée, but i didnt focus on France until i found her. And boy am i glad i did. Now i plan to live in Europe someday, preferably France, or maybe Spain cause i have family there. In Italy too but its too far from France. This lovely lady has changed the course of my future! :o:):D:wub::o:):D:wub:

Europhile! yes! that, i am too.

a while ago, I flipped out over those... darn attractive all American blond chicks.. :wub:
but now, ima leaning more towards them European ladies. :D

American blondes?
You are aware that 50% of them just dyed it right? As well as other shit they put in their "package" :p

I'll tell you a thing or two about European women, lot harder to score than your American girl next door. :p

simplysimon
09-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Dont you find the whole thing a little boring, shes just not active enough, to discrete and not enough new material , not enough new photos....i'm getting bored. Alizee needs to step out into the limelight a bit more..give us some enthusiasm. I hope her new albums better than the last else shes done for

be good

Criss_pl
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Now i plan to live in Europe someday, preferably France, or maybe Spain cause i have family there. In Italy too but its too far from France. This lovely lady has changed the course of my future! :o:):D:wub::o:):D:wub:

Come on, Europe is good:p

American blondes?
You are aware that 50% of them just dyed it right? As well as other shit they put in their "package" :p
If you want many real blondes go to Scandinavia, blond hair colour is natural there. Or Eastern Europe, we have many real blondes:)

I'll tell you a thing or two about European women, lot harder to score than your American girl next door. :p

Hard to tell, all over the world there are "women" and women, it depends, not only in U.S

wasabi622
09-23-2009, 03:36 PM
American blondes?

ehh, all American blond/brunette, whichever. they totally got me hot. :p
im sure i'll have better chances with European's.. they'll find my attempts to speak their language so damn cute, they'll start throwing themselves at me! :D

Come on, Europe is good:p

Trust me. If i can find a way, i'm sure as hell gonna be there!
the problem is money right now.. apparently the english pound comes out to be about 2 USD?

not good news for me! :(

Criss_pl
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Trust me. If i can find a way, i'm sure as hell gonna be there!
the problem is money right now.. apparently the english pound comes out to be about 2 USD?

not good news for me! :(

Eh... only those isolated on their island English use pounds:p Most of Western Europe countries use Euro as a currency, only 1.5 USD for 1 EURO:) And in Eastern Europe... there is much cheaper:p

SDB
09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
In Italy too but its too far from France.

Neighbouring countries.... maybe if you go deep into the south of Italy yes, but still wouldn't take more then 2 hours on a plain, if that long even.

Fall
09-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Neighbouring countries.... maybe if you go deep into the south of Italy yes, but still wouldn't take more then 2 hours on a plain, if that long even.

oh lol i know they share southern-northern borders (my AP Euro teacher loves maps lol) , but i meant where I would live (as well as where my relatives live), would be/is too far from France for my comfort. I dont think I'd live up in northern Italy. I'd prefer the southern region, with a more Mediterranean climate. I'm also considering Spain. I already speak Castillian (Spanish) and I know the culture a bit better. But I'm aiming for France :D