PDA

View Full Version : The Collaboration for Lili.

Killian
07-31-2007, 10:07 PM
All right, here are two new songs in honor of Her Grace, although we traveled a bit from the source of inspiration. Hope all of you like these.

Music by Lefty12357
Lyrics by Deepwaters
Singing by Killian

EVERY LIFE YOU LIVE

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mmyg2yh0yg

Every time I find you, it's the sunrise
After endless night
And the blinders fall off of my eyes
Oh! You shine so bright!
How did I ever forget you?
What a fool my heart!
But you can't cry now, I won't let you,
This is only just the start.
Once again we dance,
Once again we take this chance.

CHORUS
Every life you live
I am always there for you
Every dream you dream
You will find me there to make it true

I don't care how far away you are, love
My heart knows you're here.
You are always my lucky star, love
And you're always near.
Till I found you life blew right through me
With my heart asleep.
Now I can't stop holding you to me
Now I'm always yours to keep.
Oh! Oh! Here we go!
Can I stand this? I don't know!

CHORUS

Round and round on the wheel
My love is always for you
I can't believe how I feel,
When you take my heart and you keep it true to you!

CHORUS X 2

THE SIREN'S CALL

http://www.mediafire.com/?2e1mqi4j3tm

I spread my sails like wings
And I chase the siren's song
Where the tradewind sings
I have wandered for so long
That I can hardly say
How I could find my way
To shore.
I heard the siren's voice
And she drew me from my home.
There never was a choice
But to board my ship and roam
Longing to hear that sound
Nothing can hold me down
Any more.

CHORUS
And you just have to follow
When you hear the siren's call
Your old dreams go all hollow
And the house of cards it falls.
The songs you sang in the shallows
Don't mean anything at all,
And you just have to follow
When she calls.

The dolphins at my prow
Will they show me where to sail?
Will a lucky star allow
Me to fly before the gale
Into a perfect sea?
That's where she calls to me,
I know.
The bird up in the sky,
Does he hear the siren, too?
If I follow where he flies,
Will I find my way to you?
I guess the hardest part
Is to just trust my heart,
It's true.

CHORUS

Following a memory, you see.
The wind is singing melodies to me.
An echo in my ears
Has called to me for years,
What could I do but follow you?

CHORUS
(http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2e1mqi4j3tm)

While this was already posted in Song For Alizée, I felt it deserved recognition in it's own right, rather than a post in the background of another thread.

So there you go, enjoy.

rcs
08-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Sounds like some true heart-felt lyrics.

marik
08-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Im Fed Up!............................................... ....

atra201
08-01-2007, 04:51 AM
you know for a long time i didn't know what the word lyrics meant but like 3 years ago i knew, so there ya go

Deepwaters
08-01-2007, 09:30 AM
There are downloads to the songs themselves in MP3 in that first post but they can get lost in the lyrics. Here you go:

EVERY LIFE YOU LIVE

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mmyg2yh0yg

THE SIREN'S CALL

http://www.mediafire.com/?2e1mqi4j3tm

Martin
08-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, thats impressive and professional work! I prefer the rockier tone of the first although the 2nd sounds somewhat more original musicaly. Killian's voice fits perfectly there, very nice singing indeed. Lyrics are well written, emotional and passionate. Really looking forward to your complete Alizee album;)

Deepwaters
08-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Merci, Martin. :)

These were the first song lyrics I ever wrote. It was fun! With the music running through my mind, it was very trance-like, and very magical. Also full of surprises; for instance I knew the first time I listened to it that the rock number would be a love song, but the reincarnation theme just popped in there, I don't know why. Interestingly, Lefty later told me that the phrase "every life you live" kept recurring to him as he was writing the music! So obviously it was meant to be. :D

I want to do some more. :cool:

fsquared
08-02-2007, 01:41 AM
Great job on these songs!
Maybe it's the instruments that you're using....the initial guitar on "Every Life You Live" reminds me greatly of a famous mid 80's anthem, but I'm not sure which one I'm thinking of. Something by Night Ranger, or Survivor, or someone like that? Maybe it was around the time of "Eye of the Tiger"? That other lead guitar in "The Storm Before the Calm" also reminded me greatly of some New Order from the late 80s.

Uméesha
08-04-2007, 02:58 AM
While this was already posted in Song For Alizée, I felt it deserved recognition in it's own right, rather than a post in the background of another thread.

So there you go, enjoy.

Deepwaters the songs was really amazing... well done three of you!
the lyrics was good,
music by Lefty12357 was good but i think some small change would have been done he used more Crash cymbal in every line of song... he would have reduced that thing..... sorry for this comment but its true...
the voice of killian is gone, i have already listened to his voice,

sorry if any thing hurts in the above comments...

guitar, drums, sounds good... i like that bass guitar! very nice to listen in fact that Crash cymbal or Ride cymbal...

but i think this is the first try? or you'll have done any songs before?

neoific
08-04-2007, 03:03 AM
I appreciate the effort!

Please PM next time you're doing this project as I have a fully stocked project studio :)

Oh and I sing as well, maybe we could get a little team goin eh?

Uméesha
08-04-2007, 03:09 AM
I appreciate the effort!

Please PM next time you're doing this project as I have a fully stocked project studio :)

Oh and I sing as well, maybe we could get a little team goin eh?

ohh really neoific nice to hear this from you... another dude! comes to our group - the music group... well what studio do u have?

neoific
08-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Right now its a mac/xp hybrid with a 1010 hooked up to a eurodesk9000 (About 5 months old, everythings' been GREAT so far on it!)

Midiman (m-audio) Radium 61 keyboard.
Full size casio keyboard as well.
TD6 electronic drumset.
2 other drumsets as well.
Deville tube amp.
Steinway Grand, 1831 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Stanton T.60 vinyl deck
Voice with perfect pitch :D

Some sm57s and a few other odds and ends in terms of mics.

Pretty soon here Ill be selling an airsoft gun and a nintendo DS lite, hopefully Ill get about $700 combined from those two (Its a nice airsoft gun :) ) and buy my first Nuemann mic.

I plan to upgrade to a TASCAM DM-4800 fully digital board in 3 months or so, I really need the automation.

lefty12357
08-04-2007, 11:33 AM
We did these songs in about a week, I think. That includes writing and recording music, writing lyrics and recording vocals. We were under a time constraint because Killian was going to loose access to his recording equipment. I had to send him a stereo mix of the song in MP3 format and he then recorded his voice over it. He couldn't do a proper final mix because he had no control over individual tracks.

There also was no way for him to send it back to me so I could do the final mix and EQ. All in all, I was very pleased with the results considering the constraints we were under. Thanks to all for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Neoific, these are some pics of some of my studio equipment:
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=2066

theit77
08-04-2007, 01:13 PM

So there you go, enjoy.

So, "the Siren's Call" obviously references the singing sirens of greek mythology; but I was under the impression that if you listened to the beautiful sirens' voices, you would shipwreck, or die, or something like that. So... are you saying that if we listen to Alizée, something bad will happen?

Deepwaters
08-04-2007, 01:26 PM
So, "the Siren's Call" obviously references the singing sirens of greek mythology; but I was under the impression that if you listened to the beautiful sirens' voices, you would shipwreck, or die, or something like that. So... are you saying that if we listen to Alizée, something bad will happen?

So I took a few mythological liberties. :p

The siren in this song is a beautiful voice and a powerful magic that calls you from your ordinary life to be transformed, moved in new courses, and to sail on the changing chaos of the sea rather than tamely and safely staying put on dry land. Is that something bad? Or something good? In my case, it's been something very good.

Even if there are some who think I've gone completely around the bend. :wub:

lefty12357
08-04-2007, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't mind being shipwrecked on Alizée's shores. Maybe in a way I already am...

Deepwaters, I like being completely around the bend. I think the view is better here, don't you?

Deepwaters
08-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Deepwaters, I like being completely around the bend. I think the view is better here, don't you?

The company's good, too. :D

theit77
08-04-2007, 03:07 PM
haha, alright, so I guess here, shipwrecked is a good thing

Deepwaters
08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Well, what I'm saying is that the song means what it says, not what a word from the lyrics in another context would say. The singer isn't shipwrecked, he's just (metaphorically) sailed out of sight of shore, and is changed forever. Nor does he know whether he'll find what he's looking for; there's no guarantee, and he has to trust his heart, no matter how hard that is when his head has no way to navigate.

Edit: I believe I have a cookie coming. :)

espire
08-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Congratulations, Deepwaters! You just hit a thousand posts!

lefty12357
08-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Congrats, Deepwaters ! Wow, I'll never make 1,000...

Deepwaters
08-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Merci, merci -- sure you will, Lefty, just say what you want to say and they pile up over time. :)

garçoncanadien
08-05-2007, 12:11 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8335/yodalv2.jpg

Alizée: j'te donne quelques vraies Gourmandises, et que cette journée t'apporte plein de bonheur!

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5171&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=88178aaca84b9f2b748b0423b674bb1c

I give you some real delicacies, and may this day bring you much happiness!