PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here like Rock Songs......

Uméesha
08-02-2007, 03:31 AM
I Love Rock songs a lot.. accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass. Many styles of rock music also using keyboard instruments such as organ, piano, or synthesizers..... Rock music usually has a strong back beat, and often revolves around guitar, either electric or acoustic.

I like many rock styles like:-

1. Early British rock
2. 1960s garage rock
3. 1960s Surf music
4. Rock as a counterculture movement (1963-1974)
5. Folk rock
6. Psychedelic rock
7. Progressive rock
8. Soft rock
9. Hard rock etc.,

My favorite Rock Band Artists are:-

1. Bryan Adams - soft rock -------> i like all the songs of BA
2. Linkin Park - Hard rock -----------> Numb, In the End.3. Bonjovi --------> Have a nice day, Faith
4. Led-Zeppelin
5. Def Leppard

who's your favorite Rocker?

my favorite one of bryan adams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJY_LH6ihQ

atra201
08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
depends on the song but i don't follow any artist in particular

marik
08-02-2007, 08:00 AM
vote to all! lol

Dingo Egret
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Bon jovi
linkin park

others :
Sum 41
Nickelback
Evanescence

Uméesha
08-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Bon jovi
linkin park

others :
Sum 41
Nickelback
Evanescence

welcome to the this forum Dingo! share your thought with us:wub:

i too like Nickel back and evanescence.... but i have to list these rockers, they are more rockers like aerosmith, metallica, gasoline, audio slave

Stringer
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Linkin Park FTW

espire
08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Though I don't actually listen to rock, Mick Jagger is my favourite.

Jumpin' Jack Flash... It's a gas!

crissa
08-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I listen to more "pop-rock" a la Motion City Soundtrack. And some other stuff:

Fall Out Boy
Panic! at the Disco
Something Corporate
Sugarcult
Blink-182

the list could go on and on.

isabella
08-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Jeremy Chatelain has 1 or 2 numbers i like.
Avril Lavigne, is that rock too?:confused:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
08-02-2007, 04:41 PM
RadioactiveMan is going to get mad !

RadioactiveMan
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I was already mad when I saw the first post last night. :mad:

bt_bird_90
08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. . . .

Jess
08-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Who's my favorite Rocker? That depends on what mood I'm in. My list is way to long, but for the most part I like something with a good beat.... ;)

Deepwaters
08-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Some is; I think "Girlfriend" is pretty rockin'.

Rock actually goes back to the late 1940s and is American in origin not British. It was first sung/played by black artists but then crossed over and was picked up by white artists. Wikipedia has a pretty good article on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

RadioactiveMan
08-02-2007, 09:20 PM
"Girlfriend" is about as rock 'n' roll as lighting your own crap on fire and eating it.

Spartan500
08-02-2007, 09:26 PM
radio and bt let me say you guys are hilarious. I really like Social Distortion, Rancid, Tiger Army, A.F.I., Rise Against, AC/DC, Bad Religion, Strungout, Tenacious D, and tons more

Deepwaters
08-02-2007, 09:37 PM
"Girlfriend" is about as rock 'n' roll as lighting your own crap on fire and eating it.

Anyone who likes heavy metal wouldn't know rock if it crapped on them. Metal is to rock as an oil slick is to the ocean.

panzerkiller
08-02-2007, 10:43 PM
I like
Led Zeppelin
Journey
Blue oyster cult
and a bunch more

panzerkiller
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
no,RAM,girlfriend is about as rockin as burning your hair then sticking your head in a bowlful of gasoline,eating napalm,falling into a tar pit,and then stepping right on top of a 20,000 volt electrical wire

RadioactiveMan
08-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Anyone who likes heavy metal wouldn't know rock if it crapped on them. Metal is to rock as an oil slick is to the ocean.

Don't call "Girlfriend" rock 'n' roll and then tell me I don't know what it is.

nurvonic
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
hey ladies, be nice.

breaking benjamin - diary of jane is pretty damn rockin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MePzWtHqrso

panzerkiller
08-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Don't call "Girlfriend" rock 'n' roll and then tell me I don't know what it is.
but omg RAM,what if barney has turned to rock?don't hurt their feelings HAHAHA!lol

bt_bird_90
08-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Metal is to rock as an oil slick is to the ocean.

Exactly, metal will always remain on top! \m/

I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's fun :p

Jess
08-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Bashing on another Alizée fan, "NOT COOL"......

bt_bird_90
08-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Ooooh, Jess is all fired up, I love it when she gets spicy :wub:.

Uméesha
08-03-2007, 02:18 AM

Yes isabella Lavigne is a female rocker... her songs are all in the form of soft and hard rock! i too like her songs!:)

Uméesha
08-03-2007, 02:22 AM
do anybody know where to download jeremy Chatelain video and audio songs?

c-dawg777
08-03-2007, 02:41 AM
Bon jovi
linkin park

others :
Sum 41
Nickelback
Evanescence

He said rock bands... :p LOL!
AC/DC fan since third grade

RadioactiveMan
08-03-2007, 07:07 AM
c-dawg, you might enjoy Celine Dion's cover of AC/DC.... not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONt47Z0KZg

Zack -Alizee Lover-
08-03-2007, 09:37 AM

Jesus Christ that was horrible, i remember i didn't sleep the day i heard this. :eek:

I'm not the one with bird as my name (pajaro). ;)
So ur not dening ur a she? :blink: ( I don't realy care for my spelling, im sure you will get what im trying to say ;))

espire
08-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Regarding metal vs. rock...

I can be a fan of either. I actually prefer metal, but I have very stiff rules about the metal I listen to. It has to be legible, melodic, and have a female vocalist. That, I guess, is why I love such symphonic metal groups as Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Evanescence.

Symphonic metal is wonderful, because it combines both melodic and epic characteristics with the power of the metal genre.

My favourite group in rock is probably Barenaked Ladies. Especially their older album, Stunt.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes I understand, I'm not as dumb as others. Since you obviously require an explanation, here it is...... Pajaro (bird) is used in the spanish community to point out homosexuals
Im sure they don't use the word pajaro to point out homosexuals. We even use the work pajaro to mean dick. :blink:

You probably figured you take this opportunity to try to insult me, since obviously you're still mad because I suggested we start a new thread for Alizée's new pics.
I'm not mad, as a matter of fact im happy that we can finally open a new thread for new lili pictures.

Or maybe you think it's more important to join others who bash on alizee's fans, and bash on those who defend them, then defend those that are been bashed, insulted, etc.....
Don't you see we are just playing?
You take things to serious... Just relax and let things flow... But i see now that your just to serious to play with, i won't boder you anymore.

RadioactiveMan
08-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Rock is much more than just your own taste in rock music.
No kidding. That's no excuse for going around calling pop music rock.

espire
08-03-2007, 06:05 PM
No kidding. That's no excuse for going around calling pop music rock.

Unfortunately, that's what's happening. Just about every music store has a Pop/Rock section, rather than separate ones.

RadioactiveMan
08-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Radio Man I don't remember if it was you or Bird Man who made that cool thread that was anything but cool.

The only reason you don't think it was cool is because you weren't allowed to post in it due to your complete lack of hacking talent. We paid our dues before you left n00b school. Nobody attacked anyone until you started it, you crazy bat. Get off bird's nuts here.

Edit: Espire, that is because they're combining the two sections, not saying that they are the same section (except Future Shop... :\)

bt_bird_90
08-03-2007, 06:17 PM
:blink: ... I don't get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_people ?

bt_bird_90
08-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree with Jess, all friendly comments and nice exchanges between members are hereby banned! :mad:

RadioactiveMan
08-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Now the world must listen to my decree: wimps and posers, leave the hall!

That is final! Go on, get out!:mad:

Come back when you change your cracker jack clothes for jeans and leather. You wanna keep us down, but you can't last. When we get up were gonna kick your ass. Gonna keep on burnin'. We always will. Other users post. RadioactiveMan kills.

Now people keep asking if I'm going to change. I look 'em in the eye, tell 'em no way. Stripes on a tiger don't wash away. RadioactiveMan is made of steel not clay.

bt_bird_90
08-03-2007, 06:41 PM
nobody's fighting here :p

Jess
08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Some from my list.... ;)

A Perfect Circle
Breaking Benjamin
Creed
Crosfade
Deftones
Disturbed
Foo Fighters
Hoobastank
Linkin Park
Papa Roach
P.O.D.
Saliva
Seether
Smile Empty Soul
Stabbing Westward
System Of A Down
Three Days Grace
Trapt
The Used
12 Stones

espire
08-03-2007, 07:43 PM
It gives me no pleasure to fight, in fact I hate fights, but once I engage it's very dificult for me to disengage. That said I always try to avoid confrontations as much as I can, but when you continue, well you give me little alternative but to continue too... So why don't we just agree to stop, and allow others to share their taste in music even though it is not our taste.... ;)

Heh, Jess, I'm similar, except that I often enjoy it, though I don't enjoy enjoying it. You can ask Moe about the heated argument we had the other day. I'm a really argumentative person, and I'd rather not be.

Beyond that, does anybody know why Jumpin' Jack Flash is a gas? It doesn't really make sense to me, as abstract nouns cannot take a state of matter...

Jess
08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Changing the subject, I like The Rolling Stones too, although my favorite is 'Beast Of Burden'. ;)

panzerkiller
08-04-2007, 01:33 AM
oh,gosh,I started a war.if you want to see another war,go to youtube and type in military,its the one that says russia weapons military army or something like that,I joined it on page 30-50 something

c-dawg777
08-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Did you hear Shania Twains "cover" of You Shook Me All Night Long?? I couldn't bare to listen to the whole thing in fear of my head exploding... dont worry i wont post it due to common courtesy. And BTW that should never be played again, and all who were at that "concert" need to forever burn in hell. Thank you.

Uméesha
08-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't enjoy it at all, in fact it pisses me off to get pissed.... :mad:

Changing the subject, I like The Rolling Stones, although my favorite is 'Beast Of Burden'. ;)

great jess, i too like the rolling stones.....

Jess
08-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Umesh... I'm so sorry to have contaminated your thread with my outburst. :o

panzerkiller
08-04-2007, 01:41 PM
it's ok jess,you should be mad at me,I posted something that would make you mad

jeroh
08-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Arctic Monkeys for me

espire
08-04-2007, 11:22 PM
:O Jeroh! Where did you go?

Lokesh
08-05-2007, 04:13 AM
other than in the listed rockers I like Nickel black, Aerosmith, but I prefer most of the songs from Linkin park.

Jess
08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Some of my AlternRock.... ;)

American Hi-Fi
AM Radio
Brand New
Chevelle
Count The Stars
Die Trying
Finch
Jimmy Eat World
My Chemical Romance
Placebo
Rise Against
Something Corporate
Story Of The Year
The Ataris
The Beautiful Mistake
The Juliana Theory
The Starting Line
Third Eye Blind
Treble Charger
Vendetta Red

Uméesha
08-06-2007, 03:06 AM
My Rock Songs

Spirit - Bryan Adams
Keep the faith - bon jovi
Somewhere belongs - Linking park

Unknown
08-06-2007, 06:13 AM
i only like Japanese Rock songs that popular in my country!

Uméesha
08-06-2007, 08:40 AM
i only like Japanese Rock songs that popular in my country!

can you name some of the japanese rock songs.;)

Killian
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Rock is, without doubt, the greatest music of all, in my opinion. Of course, nobody really makes hard rock, any more, just pop rock, so my affection lies in the 60's and 70's era.

Rory Gallagher, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Cream and many more....

Of course some modern rock is good, such as Muse. Their innovative, inventive style is amazing.

bt_bird_90
08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
ughgnghghg

Claudé
08-06-2007, 06:48 PM
i can't say i like rock like techno or pop but sometimes i listen to Disturbed , Velvet Revolver , The Used , Pain and when i'm angry , Rammstein (every german when he is angry or just crazy by nature , listen Rammstein especialy "Mein Teil" :D )

riva2model64
08-06-2007, 09:39 PM
ughnug nug? I can't say that I like rock the most, 'cause my favorite genre is in the electronic, I know some ppl don't like it but I don't care, it's what I like. . where are my fellow trance lovers:) !!

that said, when it comes to rock, I like some classical rock and the grungey stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQdIMRhwwZ8).

nurvonic
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Of course some modern rock is good, such as Muse. Their innovative, inventive style is amazing.

yes indeedio - :blink:

muse is really good. i love shrinking universe.

Killian
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I love their acoustic version of Plug in Baby. If you haven't heard it, go here and download it now...
http://www.microcuts.net/uk/index

Uméesha
08-07-2007, 01:57 AM
yes indeedio - :blink:
muse is really good. i love shrinking universe.

Originally Posted by Killian

I too like Muse is really rocking:D

Jess
08-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Some of the ladies in music I like... ;) I predict that if Alizée ever sings 'All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You' by Heart (in her own ver), she will have almost all (if not all) American males on a silver platter. ;)

Evanescence
Damone
The Donnas
Bif Naked
Letters To Cleo
Joan Jett
Pat Benatar
Patty Smith
Heart

Edcognito
08-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Some of the ladies in music I like... ;) I predict that if Alizée ever sang 'All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You' by Heart (in her own ver), she will have almost all (if not all) American males on a silver platter. ;)

Evanescence
Damone
The Donnas
Bif Naked
Letters To Cleo
Joan Jett
Pat Benatar
Patty Smith
Heart

Never met anyone else thats heard of Letters to Cleo! KEWL!

My personal favorites are:

AC/DC
Billy Squire
Cinderella
Creed
Def Leppard
Evanescence
Heart
Kid Rock
Montrose (70's rock band with Sammy Hagar on Guitar/Vocals)
Nickelback (NEVER AGAIN!)
Pat Benatar
Patty Smyth
Poison
Quiet Riot
Quarterflash
Ratt
Sammy Hagar
Warrant
ZZ Top

A lot of these are from "back in the day" when MTV actually played music videos. . . . . Instead of the inane BS that they flood the airwaves with now . . . .

of course, thats just one grumpy guys opinion! ;) don't wanna start no "flame war!".....

Ed:cool:

RadioactiveMan
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Edcognito, do you mean Ratt?

Jess
08-09-2007, 06:53 PM
A lot of these are from "back in the day" when MTV actually played music videos. . . . . Instead of the inane BS that they flood the airwaves with now . . . .

I agree with you here Ed.... ;) I like all that stuff you posted too. ;) Except for Kid Rock.

Edcognito
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Edcognito, do you mean Ratt?

Thats EXACTLY what i meant! :) Thanks for the editorial assistance, I went back and fixed it.

RadioactiveMan
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Ratt is great. :)

My only other question is: what kind of a noob actually gives titles to their posts? :blink:

Edcognito
08-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Ratt is great. :)

My only other question is: what kind of a noob actually gives titles to their posts? :blink:

THATS WHO! :)

I do once in awhile, but now that i know you NOTICE it! ;)

Ed:cool: <----------- Uber-n00b!

fsquared
08-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Never met anyone else thats heard of Letters to Cleo! KEWL!

My personal favorites are:

AC/DC
Billy Squire
Cinderella
Creed
Def Leppard
Evanescence
Heart
Kid Rock
Montrose (70's rock band with Sammy Hagar on Guitar/Vocals)
Nickelback (NEVER AGAIN!)
Pat Benatar
Patty Smyth
Poison
Quiet Riot
Quarterflash
Ratt
Sammy Hagar
Warrant
ZZ Top

of course, thats just one grumpy guys opinion! ;) don't wanna start no "flame war!".....

I remember hearing of Letters to Cleo but I can't put my finger on a song that I would recognize. I remember all those old MTV staples too..."Pour Some Sugar on Me", "Loose Lips Sink Ships", "Legs"...

I just caught a portion of the Fabulous Thunderbirds live in concert the other day. That was a blast from the past! "Wrap It Up", etc. I had to leave before "Tuff Enuff" though :(.

Oh man, I remember Heart's "Alone" and that whole "Bad Animals" period. I think that was one of the 2 very first CDs I ever bought in my life. I listened to it over and over. Together with the Pet Shop Boys' "Actually". (Sorry, that's not rock, I guess :) ).

Fish
08-11-2007, 02:57 AM
I normally listen to independent/underground rock and hardcore when I'm not off on an electronica tangent. Some of my favorite bands are Say Anything, Sparta, HORSE the band, The Decemberists, Circle Takes the Square, and Flogging Molly.

I also enjoy some classic rock, like Led Zeppelin, Rush, cheesy 80s stuff, Deep Purple, and Tom Petty.

Uméesha
08-11-2007, 09:44 AM
I normally listen to independent/underground rock and hardcore when I'm not off on an electronica tangent. Some of my favorite bands are Say Anything, Sparta, HORSE the band, The Decemberists, Circle Takes the Square, and Flogging Molly.

I also enjoy some classic rock, like Led Zeppelin, Rush, cheesy 80s stuff, Deep Purple, and Tom Petty.

hey fish i have not heared the artists that you have listed.. except Led zeppelin,

where are they from!

Azereus
08-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Linkin Park is an awesome group. The perfect mixture of both rap and rock.

Killian
08-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I read in an interview with Shinoda that they opted to allow Chester to do most of the vocals and do less rapping on Minutes to Midnight, is that true? I haven't heard it yet, I've been buying Clapton albums and waiting for Gary Moore's latest (it has a definite release date).

Fish
08-11-2007, 05:05 PM
hey fish i have not heared the artists that you have listed.. except Led zeppelin,

where are they from!

Most are fairly little-known bands that tour bars and music clubs for the most part. Some of the more well known ones are Flogging Molly, who are an Irish band and fairly popular, Sparta is a few of the guys from At The Drive-In, a really popular 90's hardcore band.

Rush, Tom Petty, and Deep Purple are some classic rock bands.

Azereus
08-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I read in an interview with Shinoda that they opted to allow Chester to do most of the vocals and do less rapping on Minutes to Midnight, is that true? I haven't heard it yet, I've been buying Clapton albums and waiting for Gary Moore's latest (it has a definite release date).

Yeah it's true that Linkin Park's new album has a lot less rap in the mix. That's adds to the reason why their new album was pretty crappy, but "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" were both awesome IMO.

"What I've Done" is good IMO in their new album. Though they'res no rap in it.

Killian
08-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah it's true that Linkin Park's new album has a lot less rap in the mix. That's adds to the reason why their new album was pretty crappy, but "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" were both awesome IMO.

"What I've Done" is good IMO in their new album. Though they'res no rap in it.

I agree, Meteroa and HT were great. I think that Mash Up with Jay Z wasn't as good as the originals though. Apart from 99 Problems, which I actually liked.

Uméesha
08-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Braking benjamin - blow me away the rocking song!