PDA

View Full Version : Small interview with a little English

brad
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
how have i never seen this video before???

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

atra201
08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Alizee also says "bizarre"
what is so bizarre please someone tell me?

Dingo Egret
08-07-2007, 03:33 PM
i've never seen it before =o thnx brad!

Luc
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
It's this video: Alizée - 2002-02-06 - Top Of The Pops England (by Touch).avi (28.53 MB) (http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=189)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ftbpttoz5ti

nurvonic
08-07-2007, 05:23 PM
yeah i found this video not to long ago. it was the first for me too. i like how she says "thank you." :wub:

chrelion
08-08-2007, 12:31 AM
She seems a tad nervous, but all in all she shines. I love her overall charisma.

marik
08-08-2007, 12:41 AM
whoa! never seen before! thanks Brad nice find!

Unknown
08-08-2007, 12:50 AM
ive seen this before once but i didnt notice she speaks in English

Uméesha
08-08-2007, 03:54 AM
i seen this video before brad.... thanks for sharing it here..... the english is good:)

JCC
08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Whoa..this was totally new to me! Thx for posting...Bookmarked it to my Utube account!!! :D. She's so cute...!:wub:

EDIT: Who's Vanessa Parradie(?)..the interviewer says that in the beginning.

JCC
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
OK, im a bit perplexed...does Alizee Understand English and she's responding in French? And if she understands it, why doesn't she respond in English. Or does she have an ear piece where someone is translating for her from English to French. :confused:

I never understood how that worked. :confused:....I love how she say's Julia Roberts in the end..very cute :D

Chommpers
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
I think she may understand it, but is more comfortable speaking in her native tongue. At least I have seen this in some people so it's only a guess. She is very cute in the interview though I love it. She was young in it so I'm kinda wondering myself if she knew english well enough to understand what the interviewer was asking.

Deepwaters
08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
This is late in the Gourmandises period, so her English would have been limited. OTOH, the interviewer was speaking slowly and the questions weren't very complicated. She might have understood.

The dub-over was a little annoying. I could only hear the first part of what she was saying in each answer.

fsquared
08-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Whoa..this was totally new to me! Thx for posting...Bookmarked it to my Utube account!!! :D. She's so cute...!:wub:

EDIT: Who's Vanessa Parradie(?)..the interviewer says that in the beginning.

Vanessa Paradis is a French singer who had a very early career (like she started at 14), dated Lenny Kravitz for a while, then she settled down with Johnny Depp and dropped out of the public eye. Sounds like she's coming back though. As you can see from the wikipedia article, her career arc has many similarities to Alizee's at the beginning, thus the comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_Paradis

mibir
08-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Maybe she was briefed about what questions would be asked ahead of time, maybe the interview was edited a bit, who knows. But I don't believe her English was good enough at that point to fully understand all those questions, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, thanks for sharing Brad, first time I've seen it.

fsquared
08-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Maybe she was briefed about what questions would be asked ahead of time, maybe the interview was edited a bit, who knows. But I don't believe her English was good enough at that point to fully understand all those questions, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, thanks for sharing Brad, first time I've seen it.

I'm guessing that they had an interpreter interpret the questions, and then they cut the interpreter out. Probably roughly the same happened with the responses (although I wonder if the interpreter waited until she finished her response to translate it into English for the interviewer). Presumably the voicing-over was done later. I know Deepwaters expressed a dislike for the voiceover, but I suppose it can't really be helped since this was an interview for English-language TV.

Killian
08-09-2007, 06:29 AM
I have seen this video before, but thanks anyway Brad. I tend to agree with mibir and fsquared, the odds are they merely cut out the intrepreter. No one wants to sit and watch an interview where most of the talking between the two is through a middle-man.
It's funny, though, how she was asked nearly the exact same questions in all her short interviews. You get the same answers ever time. At least she was consistent ;).

Jess
08-09-2007, 02:17 PM
how have i never seen this video before???

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZTPGVrKIU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ok, I've never seen this either.... Thanks for sharing Brad". ;)

Chommpers
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah good point mibir didn't think about that they could just edit the video, that is prolly what they did.

lefty12357
08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Just about every answer she gives they cut to another camera, thus giving them a spot to edit. I noticed 2 or 3 spots where I think she responded to the English question without a cut, but they were pretty simple to understand, I think.

Tye
08-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for posting, Brad. Lili is so cute when she says "thank-you".:)
I hope when she releases her new album she will speak more english in some interviews. I love the sound of a women's voice who has a french accent.

Gatchaman
08-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice find Brad!

Azereus
08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Lovely video Brad.

bb17
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
man i love that accent!

Matrix
08-19-2007, 10:41 PM
awesome find Brad! :) Makes my day when I hear her talk in english.. Nobody says thank you in english better than Alizee. By now she must know alot more english

Cooney
08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the sweet vid! I'd always wondered if there were any interviews associated with her British Top of the Pops appearance, which logically would be at least partly in English, but I'd never seen any. You rock.

As to the translation question, I'd wager that woman to the interviewer's right was the translator who assisted them, and they merely cut her voice out (the camera did a cut between nearly every question and response). Still, watching them, it looked like they mostly understood each other, but were perhaps not comfortable using each other's languages for interview purposes.

chucksrhodes
08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
It is an very good interview. It is really very funny. She sounds weak in English making the fun of it. I really like that.