PDA

View Full Version : Who's In The Military?

panzerkiller
08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
alright,I've wanted to know who all is in the military,your rank,whwere you're stationed and what you do,everyone else be free to comment about the military or military tecnology.I myself am in Civil Air Patrol "Air Force Aux." based at hawkins field in Jackson,MS,it's as close as you can get at 13 without flying space-a on a C-17

Chommpers
08-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I am not and dont plan on joining, but I respect the people who do fight for me.

OGRE
08-10-2007, 01:42 AM
Commissioned 1985.
Active Duty AF: 10 years. Electronic Warfare, Communications, SATNAV.
Inactive Reserve AF: 10 years.
Final Rank: Captain.
Commission Discharged 2006.

aditya8617
08-10-2007, 05:56 AM
I was a Regimental Sergeant Major in Junior division of National Cadet Corps(NCC) in India.

National Cadet Corps (India) is the Indian military cadet corps. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools and colleges. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service. The motto of NCC is "Unity and Discipline".

I wanted to go further but my parents didn't want me to. But I love and respect all military personal.

chelsey
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah...can NEVER EVER be in the military... not for me...but i really appreciate all of you that are:)

Tye
08-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't have an interest to be in the military. Despite this, I respect all our soldiers, and that they are willing to sacrifice their lives for this world.

Matrix
08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Im U.S. Air Force retired...20yrs. I get a monthly retirement check until I die

I've worked for the government ever since i got out of high school. They call me a double dipper because I am getting a retirement check each month and I get paid for what I do for the Dept of Defense in my current civilian job

I have a top secret clearance with an SSBI and my government trusts me completely. But little do they know that if Alizee wanted classified information I would probably give in to the seduction :p

I would be helpless if she seduced me for information :eek:

panzerkiller
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I was a Regimental Sergeant Major in Junior division of National Cadet Corps(NCC) in India.

National Cadet Corps (India) is the Indian military cadet corps. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools and colleges. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service. The motto of NCC is "Unity and Discipline".

I wanted to go further but my parents didn't want me to. But I love and respect all military personal.
so it was kin of like the US ROTC program

davmuz
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm on The USS England, sailing for better waters. :)

The Cap
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Who's in the military ?

Soldiers, sailors and jet pilots, mostly.

Bless 'em all for their hard work, too.

neoific
08-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm shooting for USMA, but am not currently enrolled or enlisted.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Did 9 years in the Royal Navy, and currently a part-time soldier.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5-gePK31Raw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5-gePK31Raw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tye
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
You weren't one of those guys were you?:)

Sir Wood
08-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Enlisted USAF: 1991
Debriefed (on what I can't say ;) ) and honorably discharged: 1995
AFSC: 3C2X1 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjob3c2x1.htm) - a.k.a. Tech Controller, "Water Walker"
Stationed:
Lackland AFB, TX (basic training)
Keesler AFB, MS
Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Misawa AB, Japan
Buckley AFB, CO

Given an opportunity to do it again, I would. :D

Alizee_is_Scottish!
08-15-2007, 08:42 AM
You weren't one of those guys were you?:)

Nah, way too old to be jumping around like that.

Oh, and for the record - it was a Navy boat dropping Army guys off into the mud for a laugh, hence the handy camera and the sniggering.:)

And I agree with Sir Wood, I would join again - but I would also leave again....., if that makes sense:blink:

Tye
08-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Nah, way too old to be jumping around like that.

Oh, and for the record - it was a Navy boat dropping Army guys off into the mud for a laugh, hence the handy camera and the sniggering.:)

And I agree with Sir Wood, I would join again - but I would also leave again....., if that makes sense:blink:

What do you mean by that last part? I don't get it.

nurvonic
08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
hardest thing i ever did, "hump" (march) 12 miles with 60 pounds on your back. it doesnt sound like much, but it feels like 300 pounds around the 5th mile. i did this in field medic school, not marine bootcamp like these guys are. also, minus all the yelling.

i especially liked setting up the tents in the field. at night, there were bombs going off in your ears....

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=d94_1177288620"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=d94_1177288620"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

Alizee_is_Scottish!
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
What do you mean by that last part? I don't get it.

A lot of guys who leave the forces (here at least) regret it and wish they had stayed in. A few wish they had never joined.

I'm in the middle, in that if I had my time over - I would join again, but would leave after about 7 years as I had done pretty much everything I wanted to do. Also the reserves get to do the 'interesting' stuff much more now, and being with them is a lot less hassle than being full-time.

OGRE
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Here's an anecdote concerning how short sighted the U.S. Congress can be. When I separated in 95, the big push was to thin the force. I was in the ten year bow wave of the Reagan build up, and the system couldn't handle so many Company Grade officers headed into the Field Grade year groups. So they gave us a monetary incentive to leave. Personally, I wanted to stay the full 20+ years, but the military has its way of telling you to either "take it" or we're going to punch you out anyway. So I took what I describe as an involuntary voluntary separation at my 10 year mark.

Now the kicker was my contract language explicitly prohibits me from re-joining ANY SERVICE at ANY RANK. I stayed in the reserves for 10 more years. But I was honorably discharged from the Reserves in 2006. At this point, I am CONTRACTUAL prevented from rejoining the US armed forces. As best as I remember, there are no escape clauses. So the U.S. could be on the verge of anhiliation...needing every able bodied man in uniform....and I would still be prohibited from offering my services. Go figure.

panzerkiller
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Enlisted USAF: 1991
Debriefed (on what I can't say ;) ) and honorably discharged: 1995
AFSC: 3C2X1 (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjob3c2x1.htm) - a.k.a. Tech Controller, "Water Walker"
Stationed:
Lackland AFB, TX (basic training)
Keesler AFB, MS
Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Misawa AB, Japan
Buckley AFB, CO

Given an opportunity to do it again, I would. :D
what'd you do in keesler?were you part of the "hurricane hunter" squadron? and unless you are like ogre's situation,you should be able to join the guard,especially the air guard,they need men badly

aLeCkZ
08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
well i just enlisted in the marines like a month ago... Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego here i come august 27 :cool:

aditya8617
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
so it was kin of like the US ROTC program

Yea, except that I only did level fit for high school students not college students.

Tye
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
well i just enlisted in the marines like a month ago... Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego here i come august 27 :cool:

Hope you have fun.

Sir Wood
08-16-2007, 01:38 AM
I do know what you mean. ;)

what'd you do in keesler?were you part of the "hurricane hunter" squadron? and unless you are like ogre's situation,you should be able to join the guard,especially the air guard,they need men badly
No, nothing that interesting, Keesler was for 6-months of tech school to learn the in's and out's of my AFSC.

I don't think they would take me back. I'm considered a veteran and collecting disability now. Like Ogre, we're in a Catch-22...

Alizee_is_Scottish!
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM

Good luck, especially with the whole 'whoooooooooo-uuuuuuuuuuuppppppp' thing.

Full Metal Jacket was actually filmed in the UK, I spent two weeks at the base where they filmed the basic training bits. The assault course is gone now, but still had to run round and round that ******* airfield though. On the plus side no-one shot themselves or got sent to Vietnam, so not all that bad.

nurvonic
08-16-2007, 08:01 PM

the vid i posted on the second page actually takes place at Marine Corps Recruit Training Depot in San Diego. good luck with that. you're gonna need it.

painbringer
08-20-2007, 04:31 AM
hardest thing i ever did, "hump" (march) 12 miles with 60 pounds on your back. it doesnt sound like much, but it feels like 300 pounds around the 5th mile. i did this in field medic school, not marine bootcamp like these guys are. also, minus all the yelling.

i especially liked setting up the tents in the field. at night, there were bombs going off in your ears....

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=d94_1177288620"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=d94_1177288620"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

Nurvonic is heading to BUD/S cause he the man:D :D :D