PDA

View Full Version : Translation of "casser la gueule"?

fsquared
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
So there are lots of comments to the chartsinfrance article.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/vcommentaire-65157.html

I was wondering about this one:

Oullaaa Alizée est un pur produit Farmérien. Si le tandem Mylène/Boutonnat n'est plus derrière elle, et qu'elle se contente de Jerem, elle risque de se casser la gueule ! Un flop digne de Magalie Vae...

So what does that last expression mean? Is it like "lay an egg" in English?

And, what exactly happened to Magalie Vae? She was a Star Academy winner, I take it. Did she have an album that tanked big-time or something?

garçoncanadien
08-13-2007, 09:55 PM
she risks "failing"

atra201
08-14-2007, 04:40 AM
So there are lots of comments to the chartsinfrance article.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/vcommentaire-65157.html

I was wondering about this one:

Oullaaa Alizée est un pur produit Farmérien. Si le tandem Mylène/Boutonnat n'est plus derrière elle, et qu'elle se contente de Jerem, elle risque de se casser la gueule ! Un flop digne de Magalie Vae...

So what does that last expression mean? Is it like "lay an egg" in English?

And, what exactly happened to Magalie Vae? She was a Star Academy winner, I take it. Did she have an album that tanked big-time or something?
just the last expression??
translate everything please

Uméesha
08-14-2007, 04:51 AM
just the last expression??
translate everything please

Oullaaa Alizée is purely produced by Farmérien...... If Mylène/Boutonnat tandem is not any more behind it, and it is satisfied with Jeremy, it is likely to break the mouth! A failure worthy of Magalie Vae…...

atra201
08-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Oullaaa Alizée is purely produced by Farmérien...... If Mylène/Boutonnat tandem is not any more behind it, and it is satisfied with Jeremy, it is likely to break the mouth! A failure worthy of Magalie Vae…...
Umesh dear did you use google translator?

Uméesha
08-14-2007, 05:38 AM
Umesh dear did you use google translator?

yes dear! but not google!

Toc De Mac
08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
"Oullaaa Alizée est un pur produit Farmérien. Si le tandem Mylène/Boutonnat n'est plus derrière elle, et qu'elle se contente de Jerem, elle risque de se casser la gueule ! Un flop digne de Magalie Vae..."

Oullaaa (Oh là là?), Alizée is a pure Farmérien product (she's a product of Mylène Farmer). If the Mylène/Boutonnat team isn't any longer behind her (supporting her), and if she is content with (only having) Jérémy, then she risks failure. A failure worthy of Magalie Vae...