PDA

View Full Version : New Posts bug?

DJ_Greg
08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
I noticed this before you (Brad) updated the site: sometimes when I leave the site and return later, the forum doesn't remember that I read any threads. This has actually happened just now...all the threads I read tonight are being shown as unread. And with all the activity from this weekend, that's a lot to go through again!

Any idea why this happens?

DJ_Greg
08-13-2006, 10:08 PM
UPDATE: It looks like you can fix the problem by logging out and then logging back in.

Don't know if that helps pinpoint what's causing it or not...

RadioactiveMan
08-13-2006, 10:21 PM
With the new version of vBulletin, you can double-click on the forum icon to mark it as read. It isn't much of a solution, but it helps a little.

brad
08-14-2006, 09:12 AM
hmm .. you may want to check if there is a www in the url when you experience this problem, or maybe the next time it happens, try adding or removing the www from the url to see if it fixes it.

i suspect this might be the cause, i will add something to the htaccess file to force all users to go to the same url. i needed to do this anyway. not sure if it will fix your problem though.

DJ_Greg
08-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Well, I know my bookmark is set so that there is no "www":
http://moi-alizee.us/

I'll have to see if it is there when/if it happens again.

Bob
09-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I noticed this before you (Brad) updated the site: sometimes when I leave the site and return later, the forum doesn't remember that I read any threads. This has actually happened just now...all the threads I read tonight are being shown as unread. And with all the activity from this weekend, that's a lot to go through again!

Any idea why this happens?

this is hapening to me a lot now

atra201
10-18-2006, 11:31 PM
hmm .. you may want to check if there is a www in the url when you experience this problem, or maybe the next time it happens, try adding or removing the www from the url to see if it fixes it.

i suspect this might be the cause, i will add something to the htaccess file to force all users to go to the same url. i needed to do this anyway. not sure if it will fix your problem though.

nah i don't think so

General Patton
10-19-2006, 06:32 PM
nah i don't think so

PLEASE stop bring up old threads :mad:

DJ_Greg
10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
So, am I really the only one having problems with new posts? Today I logged in and it showed almost no new posts flagged, although this is the first time I've been here today and I see lots of posts from earlier in the day. :(

brad
10-26-2006, 04:27 PM
So, am I really the only one having problems with new posts? Today I logged in and it showed almost no new posts flagged, although this is the first time I've been here today and I see lots of posts from earlier in the day. :(

pm me the password on your account, so I can test it out.

you can change your pw in your user cp if you want to.

bt_bird_90
10-26-2006, 05:45 PM

http://www.sixmonthsofsolitude.org/images/akbar1.jpg

Twitch
10-27-2006, 02:26 AM
I've gotten occasional new post irregularities but nothing serious, sometimes my posts get flagged as new, or the main thread index still shows new posts after I've read them all until I reopen that section and return to the main index. But thought it was just something wrong on my end, and could be if I'm the only one besides DJ_Greg having problems.

maareek
10-27-2006, 02:31 AM
I've gotten occasional new post irregularities but nothing serious, sometimes my posts get flagged as new, or the main thread index still shows new posts after I've read them all until I reopen that section and return to the main index. But thought it was just something wrong on my end, and could be if I'm the only one besides DJ_Greg having problems.

I encounter the same little irregularities as you. I never really thought too much about it, since it doesn't really bother me that much.

RMJ
10-27-2006, 03:44 AM
What browsers are you using ?

Recently, I started to have problems on AF that the index doesn't get up to date. This board was working fine tho. But now, I seem to have the same problem even here. And also on few other boards.

I suspected from the start that it might have been problem with browser and now I'm pretty sure it is. The problems for me started maybe couple months ago on AF, when I switched permanently to Firefox 2 (beta or alpha back then). I wasn't sure tho, since there was also DB problems on AF that could have caused the problem. But recently, it started to happen elsewhere too, so I'm starting to think it really is browser problem...

Or maybe it's just coincident...

atra201
10-27-2006, 09:48 AM
this could be a bug dunno
sometimes when i choose the next page or a page number i get a pic intead then only if i refresh the page i get what i want.

DJ_Greg
10-27-2006, 05:28 PM
What browsers are you using ?

Recently, I started to have problems on AF that the index doesn't get up to date. This board was working fine tho. But now, I seem to have the same problem even here. And also on few other boards.

I suspected from the start that it might have been problem with browser and now I'm pretty sure it is. The problems for me started maybe couple months ago on AF, when I switched permanently to Firefox 2 (beta or alpha back then). I wasn't sure tho, since there was also DB problems on AF that could have caused the problem. But recently, it started to happen elsewhere too, so I'm starting to think it really is browser problem...

Or maybe it's just coincident...

I only use Firefox.

DJ_Greg
10-27-2006, 05:30 PM

Haha...I have to change it before I PM it to you, as it's stupid. :o

The thing is, though, that it doesn't happen all the time. I haven't been able to figure out when it happens, either (as in, what causes it). Just seems to be random.

atra201
10-29-2006, 01:57 AM

may be his password and a lot of the others is Alizee:p :p
mine was the first 2 days.:D :D :D